Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Chamber of Sages
 Questions for Erik Scott de Bie
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 64

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4586 Posts

Posted - 17 Aug 2010 :  18:17:36  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage  Send Erik Scott de Bie an AOL message Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sfdragon

Hey Eric, can you tell us if Crossroads Keep from nwn2 will make it in the nwcg?
Nope. I can't tell you.

What I *can* tell you is that some things from previous NWN sources do reappear, while some things are all new.

Cheers

EDIT: Clarified answer.

Erik Scott de Bie

'Tis easier to destroy than to create.

Signature of Shameless Self-Promotion +6: Order my sixth novel, Shadow of the Winter King (Amazon, e-signing, Dragonmoon Press)

Also check out my Realms work, most recently Shadowbane: Eye of Justice, out now on e-readers everywhere! (Kindle, Nook)

Edited by - Erik Scott de Bie on 17 Aug 2010 20:48:33
Go to Top of Page

sfdragon
Great Reader

2039 Posts

Posted - 17 Aug 2010 :  20:46:38  Show Profile Send sfdragon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
will there be a fox at twilight reference then??

hahahaha

so thats no you cant tell or no it doesnt???

why is being a wizard like being a drow? both are likely to find a dagger in the back from a rival or one looking to further his own goals, fame and power

My FR fan fiction
Magister's GAmbit
http://steelfiredragon.deviantart.com/gallery/33539234
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4586 Posts

Posted - 17 Aug 2010 :  20:48:00  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage  Send Erik Scott de Bie an AOL message Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nope, I can't tell you.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Signature of Shameless Self-Promotion +6: Order my sixth novel, Shadow of the Winter King (Amazon, e-signing, Dragonmoon Press)

Also check out my Realms work, most recently Shadowbane: Eye of Justice, out now on e-readers everywhere! (Kindle, Nook)
Go to Top of Page

sfdragon
Great Reader

2039 Posts

Posted - 17 Aug 2010 :  21:04:09  Show Profile Send sfdragon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
good.

while it would be good to know, better off finding out latter

I need to go turn the light on....

the city of nevewitner: Agnazzar was here

why is being a wizard like being a drow? both are likely to find a dagger in the back from a rival or one looking to further his own goals, fame and power

My FR fan fiction
Magister's GAmbit
Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3532 Posts

Posted - 20 Aug 2010 :  18:13:24  Show Profile  Send The Red Walker a Yahoo! Message Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Erik,

Saw you signed an agent recently! Does this give any hopes to "Whisper" seeing a bookshelf near me??

A little nonsense now and then, relished by the wisest men - Willy Wonka

"We need men who can dream of things that never were." -

John F. Kennedy, speech in Dublin, Ireland, June 28, 1963
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4586 Posts

Posted - 20 Aug 2010 :  18:17:14  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage  Send Erik Scott de Bie an AOL message Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Not that particular novel in its current/original form, but I think you'll like what I've got to offer.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3532 Posts

Posted - 20 Aug 2010 :  21:25:10  Show Profile  Send The Red Walker a Yahoo! Message Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Erik Scott de Bie

Not that particular novel in its current/original form, but I think you'll like what I've got to offer.

Cheers

hmm....intriguing....still "world of ruin" or did you move in a totally new direction?

Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4586 Posts

Posted - 21 Aug 2010 :  01:00:20  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage  Send Erik Scott de Bie an AOL message Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes.

You'll see.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3532 Posts

Posted - 21 Aug 2010 :  03:06:00  Show Profile  Send The Red Walker a Yahoo! Message Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Yes.

You'll see.

Cheers

So mysterious...

Cool!

Go to Top of Page

sfdragon
Great Reader

2039 Posts

Posted - 22 Aug 2010 :  19:35:47  Show Profile Send sfdragon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
II thought you might like to know, that 18DELTA aka Brimestone called me a Fox at Twilight Fanboi.

and proud of it

My FR fan fiction
Magister's GAmbit
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4586 Posts

Posted - 25 Aug 2010 :  15:50:36  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage  Send Erik Scott de Bie an AOL message Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You and me both, brother.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4586 Posts

Posted - 23 Sep 2010 :  19:32:45  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage  Send Erik Scott de Bie an AOL message Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I wanted to share this link to my blog, as it's a fun entry and relevant to my latest novel, Downshadow:

http://eriksdb.livejournal.com/267920.html

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31690 Posts

Posted - 24 Sep 2010 :  02:11:29  Show Profile  Send The Sage an AOL message  Click to see The Sage's MSN Messenger address  Send The Sage a Yahoo! Message Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I wanted to share this link to my blog, as it's a fun entry and relevant to my latest novel, Downshadow:

http://eriksdb.livejournal.com/267920.html

Cheers

Interesting.

Oh, and I want to thank you, Erik, for some of your rather lovely tidbits and character aspects that'll help me to flesh out what was, until just this very moment, a particularly unworkable scene for this weekend's campaign session.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4586 Posts

Posted - 24 Sep 2010 :  03:12:43  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage  Send Erik Scott de Bie an AOL message Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ooh, now I want details! PM me?

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31690 Posts

Posted - 24 Sep 2010 :  04:02:05  Show Profile  Send The Sage an AOL message  Click to see The Sage's MSN Messenger address  Send The Sage a Yahoo! Message Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Ooh, now I want details! PM me?

Cheers

Sure thing! Let me get my notes together during my lunch break.

Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4586 Posts

Posted - 24 Sep 2010 :  04:16:12  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage  Send Erik Scott de Bie an AOL message Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You aussies and your wacky time zones!

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31690 Posts

Posted - 24 Sep 2010 :  05:28:48  Show Profile  Send The Sage an AOL message  Click to see The Sage's MSN Messenger address  Send The Sage a Yahoo! Message Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Cheers

If it helps, my hefty work schedule means I'll usually have my lunch break at around three o'clock in the afternoon.

Edited by - The Sage on 24 Sep 2010 05:32:20
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
30283 Posts

Posted - 24 Sep 2010 :  05:35:17  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

quote:

Cheers

If it helps, my hefty work schedule means I'll usually have my lunch break at around three o'clock in the afternoon.

And if he does get back to you, it'll be around June or so!

Editor and scribe for The Candlekeep Compendium

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31690 Posts

Posted - 24 Sep 2010 :  07:06:53  Show Profile  Send The Sage an AOL message  Click to see The Sage's MSN Messenger address  Send The Sage a Yahoo! Message Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

quote:

Cheers

And if he does get back to you, it'll be around June or so!

I'm nothing, if not consistent.

Go to Top of Page

sfdragon
Great Reader

2039 Posts

Posted - 30 Sep 2010 :  00:41:16  Show Profile Send sfdragon a Private Message  Reply with Quote

The neverwinter sourcewbook, will it be paperback like the essentials or is this too nda???

My FR fan fiction
Magister's GAmbit
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4586 Posts

Posted - 30 Sep 2010 :  15:39:29  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage  Send Erik Scott de Bie an AOL message Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sfdragon

The neverwinter sourcewbook, will it be paperback like the essentials or is this too nda???
As far as I know, it's a hardcover book and NOT associated with the Essentials line. It should be as compatible with baseline 4e and Essentials as those two are with each other.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Go to Top of Page

sfdragon
Great Reader

2039 Posts

Posted - 30 Sep 2010 :  21:39:46  Show Profile Send sfdragon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
ahhh hardback, good. thankye

My FR fan fiction
Magister's GAmbit
Go to Top of Page

sfdragon
Great Reader

2039 Posts

Posted - 02 Oct 2010 :  21:08:26  Show Profile Send sfdragon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Can you give me some advice on how to bring readers closer to my characters??

My FR fan fiction
Magister's GAmbit
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4586 Posts

Posted - 03 Oct 2010 :  04:08:44  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage  Send Erik Scott de Bie an AOL message Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
As far as writing goes?

Making them empathetic--that is, they go through the sorts of things that real people go through in real life. They have happy moments and sad moments, relief and frustration, love and bitter hatred.

Make them suffer adversity, but rise above it to succeed.

Also don't make them whiny.

That'll about do it.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Go to Top of Page

sfdragon
Great Reader

2039 Posts

Posted - 13 Oct 2010 :  22:27:22  Show Profile Send sfdragon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Evil eyeis given to you ERik

care to comment on this??

http://www.borders.com/online/store/TitleDetail?sku=0786958480

or is it hogwash.

maybe the Netherese Dead Archmage won't stop an answer

My FR fan fiction
Magister's GAmbit
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 64 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2017 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000