Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Chamber of Sages
 Questions for Erik Scott de Bie
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 64

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31690 Posts

Posted - 21 Jan 2007 :  23:46:35  Show Profile  Send The Sage an AOL message  Click to see The Sage's MSN Messenger address  Send The Sage a Yahoo! Message Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You know, I've always asked the Lady K the same thing...

I've yet to receive a response beyond a mere smile and wink.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

koz
Seeker

USA
68 Posts

Posted - 22 Jan 2007 :  00:33:52  Show Profile  Visit koz's Homepage Send koz a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Greetings Mr. de Bie
I finished Ghostwalker a couple of weeks ago and I wanted to congratulate you on an excellent novel. I agree with all the praise this book has gotten. It was almost as if I was watching the movie as I was reading the book. This was the first novel I read along with the book club. Unfortunately I was not a member of this fine site at the time so I could not join in the discussion. It did increase my enjoyment of the novel though. It is always nice to see what others thought. It was also great to see how much you interact with your fans. Hopefully when Depths of Madness comes out I will be able to join in the conversation. Looking forward to conversing with you then.
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4586 Posts

Posted - 22 Jan 2007 :  04:02:21  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage  Send Erik Scott de Bie an AOL message Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by koz

Greetings Mr. de Bie
I finished Ghostwalker a couple of weeks ago and I wanted to congratulate you on an excellent novel.

Why thank you for your kind words, good sir! I am glad you enjoyed it.

Might I inquire as to a favorite part/character/scene? Or perhaps a *least* favorite scene, and why? I love hearing constructive criticism/feedback.

Also, is there any aspect of the novel I might elucidate for you?

quote:
Hopefully when Depths of Madness comes out I will be able to join in the conversation. Looking forward to conversing with you then.

As do I! I shall look forward to hearing your thoughts.

Feel free to drop me an email any time (erikscottdebie AT yahoo.com), or swing by my blog: eriksdb.livejournal.com. There, you'll find linked many of my fellow authors, including Paul Kemp and Elaine Cunningham, and most of the Young Dragons.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

'Tis easier to destroy than to create.

Signature of Shameless Self-Promotion +6: Order my sixth novel, Shadow of the Winter King (Amazon, e-signing, Dragonmoon Press)

Also check out my Realms work, most recently Shadowbane: Eye of Justice, out now on e-readers everywhere! (Kindle, Nook)
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4586 Posts

Posted - 22 Jan 2007 :  04:05:57  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage  Send Erik Scott de Bie an AOL message Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rinolyrna Fathomlin

Why not just get two copies?

'Tis the fairest ones often have the best solutions.

quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

You know, I've always asked the Lady K the same thing...

I've yet to receive a response beyond a mere smile and wink.

Uh oh, Sage -- that means she's onto your game!

You know. . . in the right situation, with postage/compensation, I might see through to send you a signed copy.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Signature of Shameless Self-Promotion +6: Order my sixth novel, Shadow of the Winter King (Amazon, e-signing, Dragonmoon Press)

Also check out my Realms work, most recently Shadowbane: Eye of Justice, out now on e-readers everywhere! (Kindle, Nook)
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31690 Posts

Posted - 22 Jan 2007 :  05:27:44  Show Profile  Send The Sage an AOL message  Click to see The Sage's MSN Messenger address  Send The Sage a Yahoo! Message Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Erik Scott de Bie

Uh oh, Sage -- that means she's onto your game!
Indeed.

Sometimes, I think she knows me better than I know myself. 'Tis a frightening prospect...

quote:
You know. . . in the right situation, with postage/compensation, I might see through to send you a signed copy.
An intriguing offer, kind sir!

Go to Top of Page

koz
Seeker

USA
68 Posts

Posted - 22 Jan 2007 :  10:33:56  Show Profile  Visit koz's Homepage Send koz a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't know if I can narrow it down to just one favorite scene, character or part. The whole book flowed together so well and there was never any down time. I really had to pay attention because even the smallest details had major ramifications later. I loved the fight scenes. They were very well choreographed and handled very well. I thought the way you had Walker approach and handle each different fight really helped develop his character. The moody atmosphere and weather really set a creepy and dark backdrop for the story as well. I really liked the way that Walker used his Ghostwalker abilities to make dramatic entrances and exits. As I said before the whole novel had a very cinematic feel to me. A lot of times I find myself figuring out the plot of a novel too soon and it kind of ruins it for me. That did not happen this time though. There were just enough twists and turns to keep me guessing. I did figure a couple of things out but not enough to spoil the novel. Sometimes I find myself "having" to keep reading a book just so I can say I fi nished it but not this time. In fact I had to force myself to slow down so I wouldn't miss anything and so I could enjoy the conversation of my fellow Realms fans in the book club. The ending for some might have been a bit of a sore spot but I think I took it differently than most. Yes I could see the tragic scene unfolding only one way and it was bittersweet but it fit the story very nicely. The way I look at it though is whenever you have a climatic showdown and one or both of the combatants "dies" without leaving a body there is always a chance they will pop up somewhere in the future with another outstanding story to tell. Here's hoping you get a chance to tell that story. The only thing I would have like was a little more backstory on Derst and Bars. They really lightened up the mood. I would be very interested in reading about their past or any future adventures. Torlic, Drex and Bilgren were also interesting. I saw great potential in Torlic and Bilgren. Drex was interesting but not as much as the other two. The fight scene alone with Torlic was worth the price of the book. Bilgren seemed very imposing but I just thought that there might have been a little more to him. I'm not sure why but when reading about him I constantly thought of a David Gemmell character from Winter Warriors. Maybe that's why I was hoping he didn't have to die. I think a short story or novel based on the Raven Claw Band would be very interesting as well. See, I knew I couldn't just pick one part.
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4586 Posts

Posted - 23 Jan 2007 :  00:16:27  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage  Send Erik Scott de Bie an AOL message Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by koz

I don't know if I can narrow it down to just one favorite scene, character or part.

Wow – no joke. Lots of thoughts!

I copied them into another word processor so I could address them. Bear with me.

quote:
Originally posted by koz

I really had to pay attention because even the smallest details had major ramifications later.

I love, love, love that technique. Sometimes one tiny reference at the beginning that explains EVERYTHING but you’re not looking for it, so you don’t see it until the very end.

quote:
I loved the fight scenes. They were very well choreographed and handled very well. I thought the way you had Walker approach and handle each different fight really helped develop his character.

Thank you, very much.

I grew up reading fantasy novels for the swordfights (that one guy . . . with the scimitars . . . and the kitty), and I got into fiction writing describing combats.

I’m also glad that you didn’t see the combat as just *combat,* but that it was there for a purpose. I think one’s tactics can show a lot about a person.

quote:
The moody atmosphere and weather really set a creepy and dark backdrop for the story as well.

All-right! Yep, that was my intention. The weather’s an incredibly important character in the novel.

Now Depths, on the other hand . . . well. You’ll see.

quote:
I really liked the way that Walker used his Ghostwalker abilities to make dramatic entrances and exits.

Those would be examples of me imagining what *I* would do if I could walk through walls or turn ethereal. Ever just wanted to draw all the attention in the room? That’ll do it.

quote:
As I said before the whole novel had a very cinematic feel to me.

This novel was heavily cinema-inspired (Desperado for the story, Crow for the tone, Matrix for combat – the concept behind his “painful reckoning” is that it brings Walker’s entire focus in so keen on his objective that it allows him to strike with that kind of speed and move with that kind of grace), and my writing style is purposefully visual. I like to see things happening, then write them down in a way that allows readers to do the same.

quote:
A lot of times I find myself figuring out the plot of a novel too soon and it kind of ruins it for me. That did not happen this time though. There were just enough twists and turns to keep me guessing. I did figure a couple of things out but not enough to spoil the novel.

Means I did my job – throwing out enough hints while withholding enough information. And even if you get a hunch – like the connection between a couple characters – I try to keep you guessing, looking for a real answer.

quote:
Sometimes I find myself "having" to keep reading a book just so I can say I finished it but not this time. In fact I had to force myself to slow down so I wouldn't miss anything and so I could enjoy the conversation of my fellow Realms fans in the book club.

No higher praise!

quote:
The ending for some might have been a bit of a sore spot but I think I took it differently than most. Yes I could see the tragic scene unfolding only one way and it was bittersweet but it fit the story very nicely.

You know, you’d think people might give me a bad time about the ending, but I’ve yet to hear a complaint (aside from one person who didn’t like the poem , which doesn’t count.)

I initially wrote a happy ending, but cut it in favor of the raw, tragic one I’ve got there. Just because that was the ending I needed – the one the story demanded.

quote:
The way I look at it though is whenever you have a climatic showdown and one or both of the combatants "dies" without leaving a body there is always a chance they will pop up somewhere in the future with another outstanding story to tell. Here's hoping you get a chance to tell that story.

I will echo that hope. I have more stories to tell about one or both or all.

quote:
The only thing I would have like was a little more backstory on Derst and Bars. They really lightened up the mood. I would be very interested in reading about their past or any future adventures.

There was originally more about them, but I had to cut it for length reasons. My draft came in at 115k, when it was supposed to be about 90k. So I cut 15k myself and let my editor take out 5-6k herself.

Excised some really good scenes, too. Maybe they’ll appear in another form, someday.

quote:
Torlic, Drex and Bilgren were also interesting. I saw great potential in Torlic and Bilgren.

‘Sfunny – from some of the original promo stuff (from the excerpt in the back of RotD2), some people though Torlic was the main character – or perhaps the main villain.

(Not to mention how much fun it was writing an . . . ambiguous sort of fellow. )

quote:
Drex was interesting but not as much as the other two.

Well, he wasn’t around very long – only the first chapter.

quote:
The fight scene alone with Torlic was worth the price of the book.

Woo! Glad you enjoyed!

quote:
Bilgren seemed very imposing but I just thought that there might have been a little more to him. I'm not sure why but when reading about him I constantly thought of a David Gemmell character from Winter Warriors. Maybe that's why I was hoping he didn't have to die.

Ah, I hadn’t made that connection.

(Honestly, I haven’t read Winter Warriors.)

quote:
I think a short story or novel based on the Raven Claw Band would be very interesting as well.

Hmm – that *would* be really neat.

Who knows?

I’ve included Talthaliel’s vengeful wife in an adventure I ran once – maybe I’ll do more backstory on others!

quote:
See, I knew I couldn't just pick one part.

No need!

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Go to Top of Page

koz
Seeker

USA
68 Posts

Posted - 30 Jan 2007 :  10:17:47  Show Profile  Visit koz's Homepage Send koz a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I wanted to thank you for responding to my thoughts so fast. It is truley great to see how all of the Realms authors here participate with and interact with their fans. Also, from reading on this scroll about your musical soundtracks, themes and playlists I decided to start a scroll about that very topic. I have had the pleasure of several authors already and have really enjoyed picking their brains and conversing with them. Without your writing style and inital thoughts this never would have happened though. Thank you very much for helping introduce me to your fellow authors and to other's like myself who look forward to enjoying each Realms novel. Still eagerly anticipating Depths of Madness.
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4586 Posts

Posted - 30 Jan 2007 :  15:34:06  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage  Send Erik Scott de Bie an AOL message Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You're very welcome, good sir!

quote:
Originally posted by koz

It is truley great to see how all of the Realms authors here participate with and interact with their fans.

Speaking for myself, I love it! That's what writing is all about, I think.

quote:
Also, from reading on this scroll about your musical soundtracks, themes and playlists I decided to start a scroll about that very topic. I have had the pleasure of several authors already and have really enjoyed picking their brains and conversing with them.

Great topic. Well done!

quote:
Still eagerly anticipating Depths of Madness.

I hope it does not disappoint.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4586 Posts

Posted - 09 Feb 2007 :  21:48:07  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage  Send Erik Scott de Bie an AOL message Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Received author copies of Depths today. This calls for . . .

A contest! A contest!

http://eriksdb.livejournal.com/91212.html

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31690 Posts

Posted - 10 Feb 2007 :  00:15:02  Show Profile  Send The Sage an AOL message  Click to see The Sage's MSN Messenger address  Send The Sage a Yahoo! Message Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Erik, I'm assuming those of us from far distant lands can also enter your contest?

Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4586 Posts

Posted - 10 Feb 2007 :  01:32:54  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage  Send Erik Scott de Bie an AOL message Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Indeed you can!

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31690 Posts

Posted - 10 Feb 2007 :  01:49:43  Show Profile  Send The Sage an AOL message  Click to see The Sage's MSN Messenger address  Send The Sage a Yahoo! Message Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Consider it done.

Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3532 Posts

Posted - 11 Feb 2007 :  02:17:55  Show Profile  Send The Red Walker a Yahoo! Message Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Received author copies of Depths today. This calls for . . .

A contest! A contest!

http://eriksdb.livejournal.com/91212.html

Cheers

Thank you for the opportunity!! I will surely make an attempt. An author's copy of Depths would without a doubt be the Crown Jewel of my collection!! Not to mention the fact that you revealed in on the 9th....my birthday....coincidence....I think Not ;)

Keep up the strong work and we will keep counting the days til Depths arrives!

A little nonsense now and then, relished by the wisest men - Willy Wonka

"We need men who can dream of things that never were." -

John F. Kennedy, speech in Dublin, Ireland, June 28, 1963
Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3532 Posts

Posted - 11 Feb 2007 :  03:22:36  Show Profile  Send The Red Walker a Yahoo! Message Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ohhhhhhh Boy, what a scene!!!

I just read the sample chapter for Depths!!!(http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=products/frnovel/959727400)

Erik....you are a hell of a tease. I loved it.

Two lines stand out:

1) Now they were four: a sword, an axe, a caster, and a liar.

Hmmmm......I wonder who the liar is!! What a well turned phrase!!

2) They heard a devil’s bemused chuckle.

ooohhhhhhhhhhh.......I got chills down my Spine!!!

Nice job of letting us use our imaginations here to add that darkness we like so well in your work.

P.S. I cannot wait for This Book!

P.S.S. I told my wife if I win a copy in your contest, I am going to seranade her with a rousing rendition of " I've got a Golden Ticket!"

Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4586 Posts

Posted - 11 Feb 2007 :  20:40:50  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage  Send Erik Scott de Bie an AOL message Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yay! Glad you enjoyed.

Best of luck -- though even if you don't win, you can buy a personalized/signed copy from me when the book goes on sale (so that I can buy copies myself at one of the bookstores in the area).

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3532 Posts

Posted - 12 Feb 2007 :  00:07:22  Show Profile  Send The Red Walker a Yahoo! Message Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Yay! Glad you enjoyed.

Best of luck -- though even if you don't win, you can buy a personalized/signed copy from me when the book goes on sale (so that I can buy copies myself at one of the bookstores in the area).

Cheers

If I win , I would love to do an honest reveiw of it on Amazon.com , but as the spot directly to the right of Ghostwalker is lacking a certain something, I will still Buy a signed copy for my bookshelf!!!

Tally Ho!!! (A very fitting tie-in to our heroine, If you catch it)

edit: Sp

Edited by - The Red Walker on 12 Feb 2007 00:09:41
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4586 Posts

Posted - 12 Feb 2007 :  03:05:29  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage  Send Erik Scott de Bie an AOL message Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Red Walker

If I win , I would love to do an honest reveiw of it on Amazon.com

Are you saying you *wouldn't* do an honest review if you didn't win?

i.e. "This author seems to have an odd fascination with goats," or "Twilight's really a man! EWW!" or something of the sort?

quote:
but as the spot directly to the right of Ghostwalker is lacking a certain something, I will still Buy a signed copy for my bookshelf!!!

Well then! We'll talk.

quote:
Tally Ho!!! (A very fitting tie-in to our heroine, If you catch it)

Hmm . . . I think I'm missing that one . . . ?

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 12 Feb 2007 :  03:31:25  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think he's jokingly calling Twilight a "ho" (whore)?

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4586 Posts

Posted - 12 Feb 2007 :  23:53:54  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage  Send Erik Scott de Bie an AOL message Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rinonalyrna Fathomlin

For true? The dastard, to imply that Twilight would actually take part in something as vile as (almost) honest work -- at least, in so far as she was paid for doing something.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3532 Posts

Posted - 13 Feb 2007 :  04:12:55  Show Profile  Send The Red Walker a Yahoo! Message Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Milady....I would never do such a thing!!!

but.....I like the way you think!!!

Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3532 Posts

Posted - 13 Feb 2007 :  04:26:02  Show Profile  Send The Red Walker a Yahoo! Message Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

For true? The dastard, to imply that Twilight would actually take part in something as vile as (almost) honest work -- at least, in so far as she was paid for doing something.

Cheers

Ahh....It makes me feel good to be labeled a Dastard by one who would know of such things!!! Not to mention hiding an Easter egg for someone who is quite fond of leaving them himself!
quote:

It is a phrase used by our British friends when on the hunt. The first hunter to catch sight of the Fox shouts out Tally Ho!!!

Since your contest gives us hope of catching a glimpse of the ellusive Twilight sooner rather that later I found it Apropos.

quote:
Are you saying you *wouldn't* do an honest review if you didn't win?

i.e. "This author seems to have an odd fascination with goats," or "Twilight's really a man! EWW!" or something of the sort?

Ohhh... I dont think I would be nearly that overt
I prefer to turn the tables and let your imagination fill in the spaces in between......Bwa Ha Ha

And your imagination seems fertile indeed.....unless you truely find goats facinating......I myself would prefer to be facinated by Rinonalyrna instead, but to each his own.
And as to your second example of Twlights being a man....I can see it now ......after Bars kisses Twilight, Derst says "That's not an Elfmaid....Thats a Man Baby!"

But alas, for all my bluffing I am still honest! But even with that in mind, desperate times call for desparate measures!

quote:
Originally posted by Erik Scott de BieWell then! We'll talk.

I'm all ears!

edit: forgot to spill beans on Tally Ho!!

Edited by - The Red Walker on 13 Feb 2007 04:40:41
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4586 Posts

Posted - 13 Feb 2007 :  15:47:18  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage  Send Erik Scott de Bie an AOL message Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

It is a phrase used by our British friends when on the hunt. The first hunter to catch sight of the Fox shouts out Tally Ho!!!

Since your contest gives us hope of catching a glimpse of the ellusive Twilight sooner rather that later I found it Apropos.

Ah yes. Now I see!

Twilight is a rather elusive fox, despite the number of powerful people who may or may not be hunting her.

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Erik Scott de Bie Well then! We'll talk.

I'm all ears!

Well. Even *if* you don't win the free copy, I will still gladly pick up copies from bookstores to personalize, sign, and post out to my readers . . . for the standard cover price plus shipping. So a copy will cost a couple extra bucks (as though ordering from Amazon), but it'll be all nice and signed.

After the contest (and after the book shows up on the shelves), we can work out arrangements, if you like.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Edited by - Erik Scott de Bie on 13 Feb 2007 15:49:52
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31690 Posts

Posted - 13 Feb 2007 :  23:18:50  Show Profile  Send The Sage an AOL message  Click to see The Sage's MSN Messenger address  Send The Sage a Yahoo! Message Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Erik, you may be interested to know that I've turned several EV fans onto your upcoming Depths of Madness novel. After recent discussions popped up, on another forum that I frequent, about worthwhile fantasy books to read (and taking note of the fact that many of those posting were also EV fans), I directed them to your blog and to your discussions here about Depths. Needless to say, you've now got a whole bunch of new fans intrigued by the character of Twilight... Of course, some were already familiar with her from "The Greatest Treasure", and so, were only keen to learn more.

And, in a related side-note, the Lady K and I will be attending a concert on Thursday that just happens to feature a particular individual who formed part of your inspiration for the character of Twilight.

Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 14 Feb 2007 :  00:23:11  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Milady....I would never do such a thing!!!

but.....I like the way you think!!!

Never claimed to have a pure mind.

Also, if I don't win the contest, I will gladly pay for a signed copy.

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)

Edited by - Rinonalyrna Fathomlin on 14 Feb 2007 00:24:52
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 64 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2017 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000