Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 The Singing Waters, the river of Evereska...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Arravis
Seeker

USA
93 Posts

Posted - 24 Feb 2005 :  16:41:29  Show Profile  Visit Arravis's Homepage Send Arravis a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
In some descriptions of Evereska (Volo's guide to the Sword Coast for one, as I recall), it describes the western side of the city being bisected by the Singing Waters, the only river in the Evereska Vale. Unfortunately this river does not exist on the map of Evereska included in the Return of the Archwizards novels.

I'm putting together a information packet on Everska and I'm not sure which would be "cannon" on this issue...
Should I have the river going through the city or not?
Any suggestions, ideas, etc would be appreciated.

Ty
Learned Scribe

USA
168 Posts

Posted - 24 Feb 2005 :  19:30:45  Show Profile  Visit Ty's Homepage Send Ty a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You know, I think that the most recent physical description of the western side of the vale is pretty well illustrated in words in the book the Last Mythal, written by Richard Baker. I don't recall specifically whether it was mentioned or not. I have to admit, I wasn't paying attention to landscape when I read it.

Unfortunately, I can't help you on it any further since I have lent the book to my brother to read, since it's such a wonderful book.
Go to Top of Page

cpthero2
Great Reader

USA
2285 Posts

Posted - 16 Feb 2020 :  19:53:27  Show Profile  Visit cpthero2's Homepage Send cpthero2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Learned Scribe Arravis,

I feel bad that you never had a proper/decent answer to your question. I am certain that many people as well wondered about this. The good thing is that, you can never be too late with knowledge!

From the very halls of Candlekeep comes a fine, fine answer. Below is the URL for it.

http://www.candlekeep.com/library/articles/evereska.htm

Best regards,

quote:
Originally posted by Arravis

In some descriptions of Evereska (Volo's guide to the Sword Coast for one, as I recall), it describes the western side of the city being bisected by the Singing Waters, the only river in the Evereska Vale. Unfortunately this river does not exist on the map of Evereska included in the Return of the Archwizards novels.

I'm putting together a information packet on Everska and I'm not sure which would be "cannon" on this issue...
Should I have the river going through the city or not?
Any suggestions, ideas, etc would be appreciated.

Higher Atlar
Spirit Soaring
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000