Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Anthologies and Tales overviews
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

Xysma
Master of Realmslore

USA
1089 Posts

Posted - 21 Jan 2006 :  07:23:07  Show Profile  Visit Xysma's Homepage Send Xysma a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Clayton Emery's "Bold as Brass," originally intended for the never-published Neverwinter Nights Anthology, has been added to the list. Thanks DragonReader!

War to slay, not to fight long and glorious.
Aermhar of the Tangletrees
Year of the Hooded Falcon

Xysma's Gallery
Guide to the Tomes and Tales of the Realms download from Candlekeep
Anthologies and Tales Overviews

Check out my custom action figures, hand-painted miniatures, gaming products, and other stuff on eBay.

Go to Top of Page

Xysma
Master of Realmslore

USA
1089 Posts

Posted - 20 Feb 2006 :  15:33:01  Show Profile  Visit Xysma's Homepage Send Xysma a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Added "Bones of the Beast" and "Wayfarer" from wizards.com

Xysma's Gallery

Check out my custom action figures, hand-painted miniatures, gaming products, and other stuff on eBay.

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31689 Posts

Posted - 20 Feb 2006 :  15:53:09  Show Profile  Send The Sage an AOL message  Click to see The Sage's MSN Messenger address  Send The Sage a Yahoo! Message Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'll also add that Paul's "And All the Sinners, Saints" short story from DRAGON #297 is now available online at WotC:- http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=books/fr/allsinnersaints

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage

Edited by - The Sage on 21 Feb 2006 01:36:07
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
30084 Posts

Posted - 20 Feb 2006 :  16:47:59  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

I'll also add that Paul's "And All the Sinners, Saints" short story from DRAGOM #297 is now available online at WotC:- http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=books/fr/allsinnersaints

Dragom? Is that a new magazine?

Editor and scribe for The Candlekeep Compendium

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4586 Posts

Posted - 20 Feb 2006 :  19:41:19  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage  Send Erik Scott de Bie an AOL message Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Xysma

Not to be picky -- I just wanted to point out that my name was misspelled. It's "de Bie" not "DeBie" or "De Bie."

Wouldn't want people thinking I was two (or three!) people, eh?

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

'Tis easier to destroy than to create.

Signature of Shameless Self-Promotion +6: Order my sixth novel, Shadow of the Winter King (Amazon, e-signing, Dragonmoon Press)

Also check out my Realms work, most recently Shadowbane: Eye of Justice, out now on e-readers everywhere! (Kindle, Nook)

Edited by - Erik Scott de Bie on 20 Feb 2006 19:55:16
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
30084 Posts

Posted - 20 Feb 2006 :  20:59:17  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Erik Scott de Bie

I only want people to think that on payday.

Editor and scribe for The Candlekeep Compendium

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4586 Posts

Posted - 20 Feb 2006 :  21:47:13  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage  Send Erik Scott de Bie an AOL message Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:

I only want people to think that on payday.

Point.

Though occasionally, I'm well served if and when people think I'm not a person, but an organization. . . like a church, for instance. Then, well, no taxes.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Signature of Shameless Self-Promotion +6: Order my sixth novel, Shadow of the Winter King (Amazon, e-signing, Dragonmoon Press)

Also check out my Realms work, most recently Shadowbane: Eye of Justice, out now on e-readers everywhere! (Kindle, Nook)
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31689 Posts

Posted - 21 Feb 2006 :  01:36:41  Show Profile  Send The Sage an AOL message  Click to see The Sage's MSN Messenger address  Send The Sage a Yahoo! Message Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

I'll also add that Paul's "And All the Sinners, Saints" short story from DRAGOM #297 is now available online at WotC:- http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=books/fr/allsinnersaints

Dragom? Is that a new magazine?

Trying to win the title back now are you Wooly?

Go to Top of Page

Xysma
Master of Realmslore

USA
1089 Posts

Posted - 10 Mar 2006 :  19:42:02  Show Profile  Visit Xysma's Homepage Send Xysma a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Not to be picky -- I just wanted to point out that my name was misspelled. It's "de Bie" not "DeBie" or "De Bie."

Cheers

Thanks for pointing that out, your name is now correct (I hope I got them all)

Xysma's Gallery

Go to Top of Page

Xysma
Master of Realmslore

USA
1089 Posts

Posted - 13 Mar 2006 :  20:04:53  Show Profile  Visit Xysma's Homepage Send Xysma a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just wanted to pass along to my fellow scribes that I picked up Salvatore's The Highwayman at Waldenbooks (Borders) today for $5.99 if anyone (like me) was interested in buying it for it's bit of Realmslore but didn't want to pay full price.

Xysma's Gallery

Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5579 Posts

Posted - 13 Mar 2006 :  20:20:33  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage  Click to see Alaundo's MSN Messenger address Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Just wanted to pass along to my fellow scribes that I picked up Salvatore's The Highwayman at Waldenbooks (Borders) today for $5.99 if anyone (like me) was interested in buying it for it's bit of Realmslore but didn't want to pay full price.

I'm at a loss, Xysma. Realmslore? Highwayman? Tell me more...

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

DragonReader
Senior Scribe

USA
371 Posts

Posted - 13 Mar 2006 :  20:24:45  Show Profile  Visit DragonReader's Homepage Send DragonReader a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alaundo

quote:

well I'm not Xysma, but I assume he is referring to "Dowry" the Drizzt short story included in the Highwayman.
Go to Top of Page

Xysma
Master of Realmslore

USA
1089 Posts

Posted - 13 Mar 2006 :  21:18:52  Show Profile  Visit Xysma's Homepage Send Xysma a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alaundo

quote:

The Highwayman includes an "All-New Drizzt short story" entitled "The Dowry". I plan on reading it tonight, and I'll post an overview sometime soon. Just glancing at it, it appears to set in Waterdeep, and includes Drizzt, Cattie-Brie, and Captain Deudermont.

Xysma's Gallery

Go to Top of Page

Beezy
Learned Scribe

USA
280 Posts

Posted - 13 Mar 2006 :  23:49:26  Show Profile  Visit Beezy's Homepage  Send Beezy an AOL message Send Beezy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I had intended to read Highway man anyhow once I finish the last 10 FR novels I have yet to read. I did not know about the short story but that just ensures I will be purchasing it
Go to Top of Page

Xysma
Master of Realmslore

USA
1089 Posts

Posted - 14 Mar 2006 :  00:52:04  Show Profile  Visit Xysma's Homepage Send Xysma a Private Message  Reply with Quote
“The Dowry”
After the death of Wulfgar at the hands of the yochlol, Drizzt and Cattie-Brie leave Mithral Hall, eventually making their way to Waterdeep. Here they hope to join Captain Deudermont’s crew aboard the Sea Sprit. Rather than going straight to Captain Deudermont and asking to join his crew, the two decide to capture some pirates to present to Deudermont as a dowry.
R.A. Salvatore
Year: 1363 (not 100% certain of this, but it seems right)
Main Characters: Drizz't Do'urden, Cattie-Brie, Captain Deudermont, Robillard

Xysma's Gallery

Edited by - Xysma on 14 Mar 2006 03:29:18
Go to Top of Page

danifae
Seeker

Canada
18 Posts

Posted - 19 Jul 2006 :  17:02:29  Show Profile  Visit danifae's Homepage Send danifae a Private Message  Reply with Quote
awesome to see all those authors posting info on their stories !
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4586 Posts

Posted - 19 Jul 2006 :  17:42:46  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage  Send Erik Scott de Bie an AOL message Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I just realized we don't have descriptions for my other two stories:

Realms of the Elves, “The Greater Treasure”

Yldar Nathalan, the hapless, disgraced son of a noble lord of Evermeet, searches Faerun for objects of power and majesty of a bygone age, traveling with his sister Cythara, a wizard of great power and greater desire. When he tracks the Bracer of Ynloeth, legendary Coronal of Shantel Othreier, to the human city of Elversult on the day of a great overthrow, he finds more danger than he ever reckoned. For here he must battle the wrath of a demon cult and the darkest stirrings of the heart, struggle between honor and love, and face the alluring and mysterious thief Fox-at-Twilight, who will change his world forever.

Wizard’s Site, “Wayfarer” (companion to Ghostwalker)

The young Meris, son of the new Lord Singer Dharan Greyt, has seen more than a boy should ever have to see, and his world shakes with its implications. He seeks to escape, only to find jealous siblings, a haunting voice on the night’s breeze, and the darkness in his own soul standing solidly in his path.

(Note: Chronologically, this short story occurs shortly after the prologue and fifteen years before the first chapter of Ghostwalker.)

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Go to Top of Page

quajack
Learned Scribe

86 Posts

Posted - 12 Aug 2006 :  04:38:39  Show Profile  Visit quajack's Homepage Send quajack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't recall the title off the top of my head, but did anyone else think that the story about the "the magic dough" in Realms of the Arcane was a little silly? All that was missing was the comedic skull from Escape From Undermountain and the talking wombats from the Ring of Winter.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31689 Posts

Posted - 12 Aug 2006 :  04:52:49  Show Profile  Send The Sage an AOL message  Click to see The Sage's MSN Messenger address  Send The Sage a Yahoo! Message Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by quajack

I don't recall the title off the top of my head, but did anyone else think that the story about the "the magic dough" in Realms of the Arcane was a little silly? All that was missing was the comedic skull from Escape From Undermountain and the talking wombats from the Ring of Winter.

"Bread Storm Rising" by Tom Dupree.

Go to Top of Page

Jorkens
Great Reader

Norway
2950 Posts

Posted - 12 Aug 2006 :  06:33:44  Show Profile Send Jorkens a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Once again, nothing wrong with talking wombats. they are still my top candidates on the list of minor characters deserving their own trilogy.
Go to Top of Page

quajack
Learned Scribe

86 Posts

Posted - 12 Aug 2006 :  06:57:35  Show Profile  Visit quajack's Homepage Send quajack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wombat trilogy, huh. As sad as it is to admit, I would still buy wombat based books. Please don't tell anyone else.
Go to Top of Page

Jorkens
Great Reader

Norway
2950 Posts

Posted - 12 Aug 2006 :  07:01:09  Show Profile Send Jorkens a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Whats sad about it, with all the drow books its time for marsupials to show of their deadly wombat skills.

I will end this here before my jokes get even worse.
Go to Top of Page

ode904
Learned Scribe

Finland
193 Posts

Posted - 13 Aug 2006 :  12:16:45  Show Profile  Click to see ode904's MSN Messenger address Send ode904 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Realms of The Elves

Traitors
(Richard Lee Byers)
Rhespen Ash, a mage of no small power, leads his troops into an ambush and a desperate fight..

The Staff of Valmaxian
(Philip Athans)
Young elven mage struggles with his developing skills and pays a high price to develop them. Maybe even too high...

Necessary Sacrifices
(Lisa Smedman)

The Greater Treasure
(Erik Scott de Bie)
If i saw right Erik just wrote description of his story.

Comrades at odds
(R.A. Salvatore)
Drizzt travels towards west to gather the body of fallen Ellifain, but they find something unexpected..

Tears so white
(Ed Greenwood)
Knights of Myth Drannor are spending time in the kitchen of Storm Silverhand when Elminster appears with very wierd quest for the knights..

The Bladesingers Lesson
(Richard Baker)
Elves are returning. Many are dreaming about their former golden age. But one elf finds a very, very big disappointment and himself helping humans, despite something they've done in the past, who are in grievious danger...

I can post proper descriptions when I have read all of those and have the time do it. But you do not have to wait for long, I am waiting for reading them myself...

Edited by - ode904 on 20 Aug 2006 21:47:54
Go to Top of Page

Paec_djinn
Learned Scribe

173 Posts

Posted - 15 Aug 2006 :  09:26:31  Show Profile  Visit Paec_djinn's Homepage Send Paec_djinn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just here to point out that the Dragons: Worlds Afire book might have a FR short story by Salvatore.

http://wizards.com/default.asp?x=products/dndant/957477200

Haven't read it yet, but I was told that the story is Realms related. Can anyone confirm this?
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4586 Posts

Posted - 15 Aug 2006 :  16:00:27  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage  Send Erik Scott de Bie an AOL message Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It is indeed Realms related, as far as I can tell.

I haven't read the story myself, but I believe it involves Vaasa and may (thereby) connect to the events of Promise of the Witchking. That's just speculation, however, based on flipping through it for about thirty seconds.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2017 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000