Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Novel Areas
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

Paec_djinn
Learned Scribe

173 Posts

Posted - 15 Feb 2005 :  14:06:52  Show Profile  Visit Paec_djinn's Homepage Send Paec_djinn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
O-love has a good database of books published:

http://www.o-love.net/realms/index.html
Go to Top of Page

Paec_djinn
Learned Scribe

173 Posts

Posted - 15 Feb 2005 :  14:23:55  Show Profile  Visit Paec_djinn's Homepage Send Paec_djinn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Back with some more:

The Lone Drow: Area around Mithral Hall

Dissolution: Menzoberranzan
Insurrection: Menzoberranzan to Ched Nassad
Condemnation: Menzoberranzan outskirts, Grackstuglh outskirts, Cormanthor(where the Jhaerik(sp?) live), Anaurouch, Chaulssin, Demonweb Pits

Elminster in Hell: The Nine Hells

Pools of Radience: Ruins of Myth Drannor: As I said, New Phlan and Myth Drannor

Corrections:
Shadowdale: Arabel to Shadowdale
Tantras: Shadowdale to Tantras
Waterdeep: Tantras to Waterdeep
Go to Top of Page

Smyther
Learned Scribe

Canada
121 Posts

Posted - 15 Feb 2005 :  23:02:25  Show Profile  Visit Smyther's Homepage Send Smyther a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, I updated the main list on page 1, where I plan to continue updates, but below is the list of those with no information as of yet. I'll do one of these for each new page on the boards. The original list still has some books that could be better specified, like the Sembia series, but these are the books with nothing whatsoever:

quote:
Originally posted by Smyther

Okay, so the list of books and locations is as follows, to be edited later:

Crucible - Trial of Cyric the Mad: ?

Curse of the Shadow Mage: ?
Thornhold: ?

Extinction: ?
Annihilation: ?
Ressurection: ?

Shadow of Doom: ?
Cloak of Shadows: ?
All Shadows Fled: ?

Temptation of Elminster: ?

Uneasy Alliances: ?
Easy Betrayals: ?
Diamond: ?

Murder in Halruaa: ? (guessing Halruaa)

Midnight's Mask: ?

Farthest Reach: ?
Final Gate: ?

Queen of the Depths: ?

Emerald Scepter: ?

Viper's Kiss: ?
Venom's Blood: ?

Whisper of Waves: ?
Lies of Light: ?
Screams of Stone: ?

Star of Cursrah: ?
Nether Scroll: ?

Council of Blades: ?
Simbul's Gift: ?

Pools of Darkness: ?
Pool of Twilight: ?

Sea Devil's Eye: ?

Glass Prison: ?

Hand of Fire: ?

Tell me any missing information, corrections, and additions, please!

So sayeth the Smyther, the Dark Bard of Amn.

Edited by - Smyther on 05 Mar 2005 21:13:47
Go to Top of Page

Lameth
Learned Scribe

Germany
196 Posts

Posted - 16 Feb 2005 :  21:43:12  Show Profile  Visit Lameth's Homepage Send Lameth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have startet a list some weeks ago about people and Areas from the FR Novels.
But it`s a little bit in german

http://www.dragonclaw-online.de/Bucher/Forgotten_Realms/Romane/Romanlexikon/romanlexikon.html
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 16 Feb 2005 :  23:31:44  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Okay, off the top of my head....

Azure Bonds: This one traveled a lot. I think it started in Suzail, ranged to Shadowdale, Yhaunn (?), and Westgate. There was some action in Cormanthor, as well.
Wyvern's Spur: Almost entirely around Immersea
Song of the Saurials: Shadowdale and the Lost Vale, with a bit in whatever plane Moander lived in
Parched Sea: As I recall, it was entirely (or nearly so) set in the Anauroch
Red Magic: I think this one was entirely in Thay
Night Parade: It started in Arabel, and I think most of it was in Calimport
Ring of Winter: It started in Suzail, and then went to Chult -- some on the coast, some wandering in Chult, and most in the city of Mezro
Masquerades: Westgate
Finder's Bane: Whichever dale Randal Morn is in (Daggerdale?) is where it started. It wandered into the Temple of the Sky, then to Anauroch, to the Outlands, Sigil, and a couple other planar locales.
Sword Play, Dangerous Games, Mortal Consequences: In and around Netheril, as I recall
Pool of Radiance: Phlan
Ironhelm, Viperhand, Feathered Dragon: I've never read these books, but I'd assume they all happen in Maztica

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!

Edited by - Wooly Rupert on 16 Feb 2005 23:34:24
Go to Top of Page

Smyther
Learned Scribe

Canada
121 Posts

Posted - 19 Feb 2005 :  22:31:04  Show Profile  Visit Smyther's Homepage Send Smyther a Private Message  Reply with Quote
*Update*

The main list on page 1 has been updated, as well as the 'To Do' list on page 2. I didn't put in the information on the Maztica trilogy, as Maztica is a big place. It'd be like saying the Avatar Series takes place in Faerun. Uh-huh.
Starting to read Elminster's Daughter now, starts out promising enough. I'll see if I can get into it enough to complete it.

Go to Top of Page

Winterfox
Senior Scribe

895 Posts

Posted - 20 Feb 2005 :  06:33:16  Show Profile  Visit Winterfox's Homepage Send Winterfox a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Shadow Stone: the Old Empires, Chessenta
The Two Swords: Mithral Hall, the Silver Marches
Go to Top of Page

Smyther
Learned Scribe

Canada
121 Posts

Posted - 26 Feb 2005 :  23:01:49  Show Profile  Visit Smyther's Homepage Send Smyther a Private Message  Reply with Quote
*Update*

Well, the list above is growing shorter, that's a good sign. Still, there's a lot more to go. Surely there are some extreme FR-lovers out there that have read some of these?
I understand the Double Diamond Triangle Saga was considered to be somewhat un-Canon, but that doesn't matter.
I'll be getting the Pools Trilogy soon, so I'll be able to update those. Should be an interesting read; Tyranthraxus was my favorite monster from the Villain's Lorebook.
Still going through El's Daughter. Does seem like a LOT of his other work. However, I did like Elminster at the Magefair, so some of his work is to my tastes.

Anybody interested in coming up with a flash version (or some other program) of this list, as per Elaine's idea? Alaundo appears to have been looking at his tool-roll for quite some time.

Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 27 Feb 2005 :  09:59:14  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

*Update*

Well, the list above is growing shorter, that's a good sign. Still, there's a lot more to go. Surely there are some extreme FR-lovers out there that have read some of these?
I understand the Double Diamond Triangle Saga was considered to be somewhat un-Canon, but that doesn't matter.
I'll be getting the Pools Trilogy soon, so I'll be able to update those. Should be an interesting read; Tyranthraxus was my favorite monster from the Villain's Lorebook.
Still going through El's Daughter. Does seem like a LOT of his other work. However, I did like Elminster at the Magefair, so some of his work is to my tastes.

Anybody interested in coming up with a flash version (or some other program) of this list, as per Elaine's idea? Alaundo appears to have been looking at his tool-roll for quite some time.

Well met

Keep up the good work, Smyther. An excellent project

Alas, my Flash skills aren't up to scratch. As mentioned previously, the easiest way (for me) would be to use an imagemap. I just need a good, clear, smallish map of Faerûn.

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Lord Rad
Great Reader

United Kingdom
2080 Posts

Posted - 28 Feb 2005 :  22:50:56  Show Profile  Visit Lord Rad's Homepage Send Lord Rad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Lost Library of Cormanthyr: Cormyr, Mistledale, Waterdeep, Candlekeep and Trackless Sea (north of Mintarn).

The novel really does travel around somewhat, and spending a fair amount of time in each location, therefore it's hard to say one or two places in particular.

I'm currently working through reading the Lost Empires series, so unless anyone else knows of the other book locations, i'll fill them in here as soon as possible.

Lord Rad

"What? No, I wasn't reading your module. I was just looking at the pictures"
Go to Top of Page

Smyther
Learned Scribe

Canada
121 Posts

Posted - 05 Mar 2005 :  20:41:05  Show Profile  Visit Smyther's Homepage Send Smyther a Private Message  Reply with Quote
*Big Update*

The site listed above was a big help in researching novels.

The to-do list is getting shorter now, though many books could be refined in their locations; the Double Diamond series in particular.

Well, I leave you know, and hope that by next saturday, the list will be completed!

Edited by - Smyther on 14 Mar 2005 22:39:18
Go to Top of Page

Smyther
Learned Scribe

Canada
121 Posts

Posted - 19 Mar 2005 :  18:26:47  Show Profile  Visit Smyther's Homepage Send Smyther a Private Message  Reply with Quote
*2* Saturdays later, and still nothing?
There's nothing more I can add, so I have to rely on other people.
If wanted, I can reiterate the to-do list:

Crucible - Trial of Cyric the Mad: ?

Curse of the Shadow Mage: ?

Extinction: ?
Annihilation: ?

Murder in Halruaa: ? (guessing Halruaa)

Viper's Kiss: ?

Star of Cursrah: ?
Nether Scroll: ?

Council of Blades: ?

Sea Devil's Eye: ?

Glass Prison: ?

Let's see a few more responses from Candlekeep veterns. There must be people out there who have read lots of the realms novels!

Edited by - Smyther on 27 Mar 2005 22:17:59
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 20 Mar 2005 :  00:50:29  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

*2* Saturdays later, and still nothing?
There's nothing more I can add, so I have to rely on other people.
If wanted, I can reiterate the to-do list:

Thornhold: ?

In and around Waterdeep, for the most part.

quote:
Shadow of Doom: ?
Cloak of Shadows: ?
All Shadows Fled: ?

I've read all of these novels. However, these are hard to answer because each one of them skips around to many different areas in the Realms--that's just the way Ed Greenwood writes, and I think it's a good style. It's just that it's hard to pinpoint a locale for them, especially for Temptation of Elminster and Hand of Fire. :)

The Shadow of the Avatar series is basically a Dalelands series. However, that doesn't mean the characters never travel to other places--the Plane of Shadow (or wherever it is that the Maulaugrym live) is featured very extensively, and Shadows of Doom features a trip to Spellguard/Saharelguard.

quote:
Let's see a few more responses from Candlekeep veterns. There must be people out there who have read lots of the realms novels!

I have, but bear in mind that a good number of the novels you mentioned haven't even been released yet:

Ressurection: ?

Midnight's Mask: ?

Queen of the Depths: ?

Emerald Scepter: ?

Vanity's Brood (not Venom's Blood): ?

Any answer for the above novels would be nothing more than an educated guess.

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)

Edited by - Rinonalyrna Fathomlin on 20 Mar 2005 00:54:22
Go to Top of Page

Smyther
Learned Scribe

Canada
121 Posts

Posted - 27 Mar 2005 :  22:23:54  Show Profile  Visit Smyther's Homepage Send Smyther a Private Message  Reply with Quote
*Update*

Thank you, Rinonalyrna Fathomlin, for the information.
About Ed's novels, I suppose the areas where the most story-telling takes place would be all that can be asked for. For example, Daughter would be listed as Marsember, Waterdeep, and Cormanthor.
I hearby invite any authors with as yet unreleased novels to tell us where they will be set - if we are allowed to know these things. I don't really see the harm in saying that 'XY's Curse of Z' is set mostly in Lantan, Orlumbor, and a little bit of Calimshan. Is Phil Athans on the site? I'd personally be interested in knowing where his upcoming trilogy is set.

Well, ta for now.

Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One
Lady Herald of Realmslore

5056 Posts

Posted - 27 Mar 2005 :  23:11:49  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Um, Smyther, I don’t want to be rude, but you post: “For example, Daughter would be listed as Marsember, Waterdeep, and Cormanthor.”

Nope. Your project loses a lot of usefulness if entries stand that imprecise. ELMINSTER’S DAUGHTER briefly visits Waterdeep, spends much time in Marsember and a little in Suzail, and has some scenes in the vicinity of Mouth O’ Gargoyles in the King’s Forest in central Cormyr. There are VERY BRIEF scenes on a mountaintop in westernmost Cormyr, in Shadowdale, and at two unnamed locales.

In the spirit of helping, HAND OF FIRE covers Eveningstar, a locale JUST south of Scornubel where the other end of a gate (portal) from Eveningstar is located, Scornubel itself, and a large number of wilderland locations along the caravan road between Scornubel and Silverymoon. Plus scenes in Waterdeep, several Zhent strongholds, very brief visits to about a dozen other places in the Realms, most of them unnamed, and even a “flying over the Dessarin valley” scene.

Also, your invitation to authors about unpublished novels is basically asking them to break their WotC contracts, unless they receive specific permission to “spill the beans” (something traditionally done at GenCon panels, usually by WotC employees). I know Ed asks Books Publishing folks whenever queries about forthcoming publications come his way.

love,
THO
Go to Top of Page

Paec_djinn
Learned Scribe

173 Posts

Posted - 27 Mar 2005 :  23:21:12  Show Profile  Visit Paec_djinn's Homepage Send Paec_djinn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
I hearby invite any authors with as yet unreleased novels to tell us where they will be set - if we are allowed to know these things. I don't really see the harm in saying that 'XY's Curse of Z' is set mostly in Lantan, Orlumbor, and a little bit of Calimshan. Is Phil Athans on the site? I'd personally be interested in knowing where his upcoming trilogy is set.

Phil Athan's isn't on this site but Thomas Reid has been kind enough to help us with some info on the trilogy. These thread tells a little bit of the trilogy which should be set in Innarlith.
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 28 Mar 2005 :  01:48:31  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Is Phil Athans on the site? I'd personally be interested in knowing where his upcoming trilogy is set.

No, he's not. This thread explains why he's not and provides some details for his upcoming trilogy.
Go to Top of Page

Smyther
Learned Scribe

Canada
121 Posts

Posted - 28 Mar 2005 :  02:59:57  Show Profile  Visit Smyther's Homepage Send Smyther a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Hooded One

Um, Smyther, I don’t want to be rude, but you post: “For example, Daughter would be listed as Marsember, Waterdeep, and Cormanthor.”

Nope. Your project loses a lot of usefulness if entries stand that imprecise. ELMINSTER’S DAUGHTER briefly visits Waterdeep, spends much time in Marsember and a little in Suzail, and has some scenes in the vicinity of Mouth O’ Gargoyles in the King’s Forest in central Cormyr. There are VERY BRIEF scenes on a mountaintop in westernmost Cormyr, in Shadowdale, and at two unnamed locales.

In the spirit of helping, HAND OF FIRE covers Eveningstar, a locale JUST south of Scornubel where the other end of a gate (portal) from Eveningstar is located, Scornubel itself, and a large number of wilderland locations along the caravan road between Scornubel and Silverymoon. Plus scenes in Waterdeep, several Zhent strongholds, very brief visits to about a dozen other places in the Realms, most of them unnamed, and even a “flying over the Dessarin valley” scene.

Also, your invitation to authors about unpublished novels is basically asking them to break their WotC contracts, unless they receive specific permission to “spill the beans” (something traditionally done at GenCon panels, usually by WotC employees). I know Ed asks Books Publishing folks whenever queries about forthcoming publications come his way.

love,
THO

Wow. I am suitably chastised. I don't know if that was your intent, but I have been humbled back to my newbie status. I take it you were irked by me not using the full title? As per the locations, I did not actually know that it was the King's Forest - I thought it was Cormanthor. You are right though, the more detail the better. But for some of Ed's novels the locations are numerous. The details will be filled in once we've got the major areas of the novels down pat.
As per the invitation, I suppose so. But we've been teased with such things before. I certainly wouldn't mind knowing where Queen of the Depths will be set, if only the general area.

To Paec_djinn and SiriusBlack, thank you for Phil's info. I've just read the Watercourse scroll and it seems... mundane, yet interesting for a change of pace. I understand the feelings over the BG series, but people had no right to 'attack' him as it was put. I do, however, hope that the new trilogy will be better.

PS, finally got the Pools Trilogy! Should be a good read.

Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 28 Mar 2005 :  04:07:45  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, I was about to talk about the Pools trilogy, but since you've got them, I'll let you add that yourself -- in the interest of accuracy. Dim memory dictates that they happened around the Moonsea, but as I recall Phlan ended up. . . well, I won't spoil it.

If I remember correctly (not having read it, but heard from a friend), the trilogy that starts with Uneasy Alliances takes place in and around Netheril, but don't quote me on that.

With deference to my lady Hooded One (bows), I've checked with Phil what I can say about Ghostwalker, and am able to tell you it takes place in the Moonwood, in the Silver Marches.

Sorry I can't be more helpful. What I wouldn't give for my library right now.

Cheers,

db

Erik Scott de Bie

'Tis easier to destroy than to create.

Author of a number of Realms novels (GHOSTWALKER, DEPTHS OF MADNESS, and the SHADOWBANE series), contributor to the NEVERWINTER CAMPAIGN GUIDE and SHADOWFELL: GLOOMWROUGHT AND BEYOND, Twitch DM of the Dungeon Scrawlers, currently playing "The Westgate Irregulars"
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 28 Mar 2005 :  04:10:44  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Erik Scott de Bie
With deference to my lady Hooded One (bows), I've checked with Phil what I can say about Ghostwalker, and am able to tell you it takes place in the Moonwood, in the Silver Marches.

Interesting location with diverse groups. I was discussing The Mouth of Song just the other day with one of my players.
Go to Top of Page

Paec_djinn
Learned Scribe

173 Posts

Posted - 28 Mar 2005 :  10:03:35  Show Profile  Visit Paec_djinn's Homepage Send Paec_djinn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Crucible: Trials of Cyric the Mad - many place but mainly: Candlekeep, Eversult, Zhentil Keep, City of the Dead(Kelemvor's plane), Pavilion of Cynosure.
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 28 Mar 2005 :  10:40:22  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Wow. I am suitably chastised. I don't know if that was your intent, but I have been humbled back to my newbie status. I take it you were irked by me not using the full title?

Well met

I don't think that was what The Hooded One meant, Smyther, she always writes titles in upper case This is indeed a great project which has to be accurate to be of use. I'm very much looking forward to the completed list, so keep up the good work

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One
Lady Herald of Realmslore

5056 Posts

Posted - 28 Mar 2005 :  15:21:23  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No chastisement intended, Smyther, I assure you. As Alaundo said, I tend to always render titles in full, and in full caps (usually because I’ve fallen into the habit after ending up confused in one too many of Ed’s complex posts where six or seven novels are being discussed at once. So no, I wasn’t irked.
I just saw “Cormanthor,” went, “Huh?” and thought you’d misread the book badly (if all the dragon scenes and Vangey and two clumsy Zhent agents running around stuff was happening in the depths of Cormanthor, that would be a lousy, inconsistent depiction of Cormanthor on Ed’s part).
And just to show that you’re not the only one, I was replying to you from memory, and could sharpen the precision of my HAND OF FIRE details by adding: Mirt’s Mansion in Waterdeep’s Dock Ward, a flying scene that includes passage over Waterdeep’s Castle Ward, the Maimed Wizard’s mountain-cavern stronghold (precise location unknown, but I can tell you from Realmsplay with Ed that it’s in the Heartlands, specifically “somewhere” in mountains just south of Anauroch), and I neglected to mention that the caravan route much of the novel’s action traverses is the Trade Way, including a visit to the walled town of Triel.
So feel neither newbie nor snubbed, Smyther. I’m soft and cuddly and nice. Er, most of the time.
love,
THO
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 28 Mar 2005 :  19:13:58  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SiriusBlack

Interesting location with diverse groups. I was discussing The Mouth of Song just the other day with one of my players.

I've always thought so. Most of the action in Ghostwalker takes place in and around Quaervarr, to be most specific. Best ale in the Realms -- well, really good ale, anyway.

db

Erik Scott de Bie

Author of a number of Realms novels (GHOSTWALKER, DEPTHS OF MADNESS, and the SHADOWBANE series), contributor to the NEVERWINTER CAMPAIGN GUIDE and SHADOWFELL: GLOOMWROUGHT AND BEYOND, Twitch DM of the Dungeon Scrawlers, currently playing "The Westgate Irregulars"
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 28 Mar 2005 :  20:10:10  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
I've always thought so. Most of the action in Ghostwalker takes place in and around Quaervarr, to be most specific. Best ale in the Realms -- well, really good ale, anyway.

db

And if memory serves, home to a inn that many in Silverymoon praise. I'm becoming more and more intrigued about this novel with each post.
Go to Top of Page

Smyther
Learned Scribe

Canada
121 Posts

Posted - 29 Mar 2005 :  01:57:51  Show Profile  Visit Smyther's Homepage Send Smyther a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Well, I was about to talk about the Pools trilogy, but since you've got them, I'll let you add that yourself -- in the interest of accuracy. Dim memory dictates that they happened around the Moonsea, but as I recall Phlan ended up. . . well, I won't spoil it.

If I remember correctly (not having read it, but heard from a friend), the trilogy that starts with Uneasy Alliances takes place in and around Netheril, but don't quote me on that.

No worries about spoiling it... I've got the basic gist of what happens.
As for Uneasy Alliances, you're thinking of the Netheril trilogy (Sword Play, Dangerous Games, Mortal Consequences) - Uneasy Alliances et all are the last three books in the Double Diamond series - the others have been covered.

Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 29 Mar 2005 :  19:03:23  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Smyther:
As for Uneasy Alliances, you're thinking of the Netheril trilogy (Sword Play, Dangerous Games, Mortal Consequences) - Uneasy Alliances et all are the last three books in the Double Diamond series - the others have been covered.

Ah, that's the one. See what happens when your kid brother reads a series and gives you wrong information about it? Tsch.

[quote]Originally posted by Erik Scott de Bie

db

quote: SiriusBlack

"And if memory serves, home to a inn that many in Silverymoon praise. I'm becoming more and more intrigued about this novel with each post."

Yes, the Whistling Stag, one of the finest inns in the North, known for its ale, its atmosphere, and the wall-length tapestry that decorates its side -- a beautiful rendition of an elven hunt. Definitely features in the novel.

But we shouldn't hijack Smyther's thread. Check out my thread in the Chamber for more info! I'm happy to answer any and all questions I can answer.

db

Erik Scott de Bie

Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 29 Mar 2005 :  20:22:05  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
But we shouldn't hijack Smyther's thread. Check out my thread in the Chamber for more info! I'm happy to answer any and all questions I can answer.

db

Good point. Heading over there now.
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 02 Apr 2005 :  07:31:51  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

*Update*

Thank you, Rinonalyrna Fathomlin, for the information.

You're welcome. Good luck with the project.

The Hooded One is also very helpful, especially when it comes to Ed Greenwood's novels.

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)
Go to Top of Page

Smyther
Learned Scribe

Canada
121 Posts

Posted - 02 Apr 2005 :  21:50:53  Show Profile  Visit Smyther's Homepage Send Smyther a Private Message  Reply with Quote
*Update*
Thank you to all who are so readily participating! This is progressing futher and futher. As for the lovely lady Hooded One, all is forgiven. A misunderstanding, to be true. However, once we have the basics, then we can go into more explicit detail. Any extra detail is always welcomed at the moment, of course, but there is only so much people can be expected to do.

Well, here is the updated to-do list for page 3:

quote:

Murder in Halruaa: ?

Edited by - Smyther on 19 May 2005 00:03:01
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000