Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

 All Forums
 Realmslore
 Chamber of Sages
 Questions for Eric L Boyd
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 46

Demzer
Senior Scribe

530 Posts

Posted - 05 Oct 2014 :  10:56:52  Show Profile Send Demzer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Mr Boyd,

is there anything you can share about Nathlekh, City of Cats, to expand upon what's on Powers & Pantheons?
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief
Moderator

USA
30340 Posts

Posted - 05 Oct 2014 :  13:43:25  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Demzer

Mr Boyd,

is there anything you can share about Nathlekh, City of Cats, to expand upon what's on Powers & Pantheons?



It's got the highest per capita number of litter boxes of any place in the known multiverse. And the most terrified rodent population, too.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Editor and scribe for The Candlekeep Compendium

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Great Reader

USA
6097 Posts

Posted - 06 Oct 2014 :  03:00:58  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Demzer

Mr Boyd,

is there anything you can share about Nathlekh, City of Cats, to expand upon what's on Powers & Pantheons?



Hey, Eric, I want to echo Demzer's request here. At the time P&P came out, this didn't twink my meter too much, but after playing a half dozen different Kerran in EQ2 over several years, the idea of cat people is something I'd like to incorporate more into the realms as a "not so humanoid" race option. To your knowledge, was there some prior work that you pulled upon for this, or was this made up whole cloth?

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High
Moderator

Australia
31690 Posts

Posted - 06 Oct 2014 :  04:45:42  Show Profile  Send The Sage an AOL message  Click to see The Sage's MSN Messenger address  Send The Sage a Yahoo! Message Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Demzer

Mr Boyd,

is there anything you can share about Nathlekh, City of Cats, to expand upon what's on Powers & Pantheons?

While awaiting Eric's possible reply, I'll offer up these little extra tidbits from Tom Costa as posted on the REALMS-L back in 2001:-
quote:
According to the Nobanion entry in Power's and Pantheons, "Nathlekh, City of
Cats, is located at the western end of the Gulthmere Forest and the northern
edge of the Shinging Plains on the banks of the Lake of the long Arm.
Overrun with felines of all breeds, this city is loosely governed by the
Council of Cat Lords. Numerous wemics, werelions, and weretigers are
citizens of Nathelkh in addition to the mysterious Cat Lords who rule. Twin
temples of Nobanion and Sharess dominate the religious activity of the city,
although a temple of Malar the Beastlord is rumored to exist in the city's
catacombs.

"The Pride of Nobanion, his temple in Nathlekh, is a vast pillared structure
built on the city's acropolis. Constructed to evoke the impression that is
is a natural extension of the granite plug extending up from the city's
heart, this portocoed and colonnaded structue is festooned with statues of
lions in varius poses. Numeroous real lions wander the temple's halls and
gardens, but they never molets the citizenry unless provoked. Nathelekh's
judiciary, a trio of greater lammasu, holds court within the Pride of
Nobanion on a weekly basis."

In addition, more information on Nobanion, wemics, the Shining Plains, and
the Gulthmere (though not Nathlekh) can be found in the Vilhon Reach
supplement. If you want to go further, there was an excellent "Ecology of"
article in the May 1990 issue of Dragon Magazine on wemics that dealt with
their culture, as did "Elminster's Ecologies: The Battle of Bones, Hill of
Lost Souls" supplement (in the Hill of Lost Souls portion of the supplement,
specifically). Aside from perhaps a random tidbit located in a magic items
lore somewhere that I can't recall, that's got to be about it.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

ericlboyd
Forgotten Realms Designer

USA
1253 Posts

Posted - 06 Oct 2014 :  13:18:43  Show Profile  Visit ericlboyd's Homepage Send ericlboyd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What's in Powers & Pantheons is pretty much it, as far as I can recall, although it's possible Steven built on it in Lands of Intrigue or Empires of the Shining Sea. I didn't take as good of notes as I wrote Powers & Pantheons, so I can't reconstruct my original reference.

I seem to recall there was a stray Ed reference to a "City of Cats" or wemics of the Shining Plains (maybe a Polyhedron "Everwinking Eye" column or something more obscure), but no other details.

As for why I picked it: I needed a place to put a temple of Nobanion, plus I knew there were some folks who liked cat-like races (I think there was some race of catfolk in 2e), so I decided to pick it as an out-of-the-way, but logical place to put any feline race the DM wanted. It's one of those cities in the old FR Atlas that clearly fell "between" product areas and thus was unlikely to ever be detailed in print, so that made it a good candidate as well.

In short, it's a cat-themed city. Run with it. :-)

--
http://www.ericlboyd.com/dnd/
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
14396 Posts

Posted - 06 Oct 2014 :  19:22:45  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Catfolk have popped-up all over the place in the Realms (there was even a story centered around them in Cormyr), and in the far east, there is an entire cult dedicated to felines (The Black Leopard Cult), as well as few beast-cults, including at least one down in Zakhara and another in Maztica.

The reference about Nathlekh was in Vilhon Reach, IIRC.
EDIT: Nope, I just checked it. It mentions Nathlekh only in passing.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone


Edited by - Markustay on 06 Oct 2014 19:27:32
Go to Top of Page

ericlboyd
Forgotten Realms Designer

USA
1253 Posts

Posted - 06 Oct 2014 :  19:49:12  Show Profile  Visit ericlboyd's Homepage Send ericlboyd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

Catfolk have popped-up all over the place in the Realms (there was even a story centered around them in Cormyr), and in the far east, there is an entire cult dedicated to felines (The Black Leopard Cult), as well as few beast-cults, including at least one down in Zakhara and another in Maztica.

The reference about Nathlekh was in Vilhon Reach, IIRC.
EDIT: Nope, I just checked it. It mentions Nathlekh only in passing.



I think I had the old comics in mind. There was a scene in Anauroch with catfolk.

--
http://www.ericlboyd.com/dnd/
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Great Reader

USA
6097 Posts

Posted - 08 Oct 2014 :  12:54:23  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ericlboyd

quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

Catfolk have popped-up all over the place in the Realms (there was even a story centered around them in Cormyr), and in the far east, there is an entire cult dedicated to felines (The Black Leopard Cult), as well as few beast-cults, including at least one down in Zakhara and another in Maztica.

The reference about Nathlekh was in Vilhon Reach, IIRC.
EDIT: Nope, I just checked it. It mentions Nathlekh only in passing.



I think I had the old comics in mind. There was a scene in Anauroch with catfolk.




Huh, this is odd enough I thought I'd mention it.... just opened my update for the Southlands kickstarter by kobold press. Next update to include

"And up next is a big, detailed map of Per-Bastet, the crossroads City of Cats! "

Sounds like something I can just steal and use hopefully.

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

Fellfire
Master of Realmslore

1944 Posts

Posted - 08 Oct 2014 :  14:33:06  Show Profile Send Fellfire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Are there any 3rd party splatbooks covering catfolk?

Misanthorpe

Love is a lie. Only hate endures. Light is blinding. Only in darkness do we see clearly.

"Oh, you think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it, molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a man, by then it was nothing to me but.. blinding. The shadows betray you because they belong to me." - Bane The Dark Knight Rises

Green Dragonscale Dice Bag by Crystalsidyll - check it out

Go to Top of Page

ericlboyd
Forgotten Realms Designer

USA
1253 Posts

Posted - 08 Oct 2014 :  21:14:42  Show Profile  Visit ericlboyd's Homepage Send ericlboyd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Fellfire

Are there any 3rd party splatbooks covering catfolk?



The Miniature's Handbook, then expanded on in Races of the Wild.

--
http://www.ericlboyd.com/dnd/
Go to Top of Page

Kris the Grey
Senior Scribe

USA
422 Posts

Posted - 10 Oct 2014 :  01:46:06  Show Profile Send Kris the Grey a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Eric,

I was doing a bit of research on Myth Drannor and I happened upon an old website of yours. In your "Key to Myth Drannor" you mention an adventure "Myth Drannor Hit & Run" (complete with a link). Unfortunately the link is dead and I can't seem to find any reference on the web to the adventure in question.

Any guidance on what it was and where I might track down some more information about it?

Kris the Grey - Member in Good Standing of the Watchful Order of Magists and Protectors, the Arcane Guild of Silverymoon, and the Connecticut Bar Association
Go to Top of Page

ericlboyd
Forgotten Realms Designer

USA
1253 Posts

Posted - 10 Oct 2014 :  02:11:59  Show Profile  Visit ericlboyd's Homepage Send ericlboyd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kris the Grey

Eric,

I was doing a bit of research on Myth Drannor and I happened upon an old website of yours. In your "Key to Myth Drannor" you mention an adventure "Myth Drannor Hit & Run" (complete with a link). Unfortunately the link is dead and I can't seem to find any reference on the web to the adventure in question.

Any guidance on what it was and where I might track down some more information about it?



Hmm. Guessing you found this web page:

http://crpp0001.uqtr.ca/w4/campagne/HTML/Divers/overview.myth.drannor.html

That's actually Sylvain's web page. He was a long-time fan of the Realms and a participant in the old mailing list from around 1995.

His site is still up and has a lot of old gems if you poke around.

As for that adventure, I can't seem to find it on my computer, because I think I wrote it on a Mac I didn't transition files off of after leaving grad school.

It's possible Sylvain has it if you email him and point out the link is broken.

Alternatively, if the archives exist for that old Realms list, you might be able to search them.

--Eric

--
http://www.ericlboyd.com/dnd/
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
4923 Posts

Posted - 10 Oct 2014 :  08:28:12  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think my first (poor) attempt at a PC - with the original name "Raven" - is on that site somewhere.

Baby steps in the Realms.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus

Edited by - George Krashos on 10 Oct 2014 08:29:04
Go to Top of Page

Duneth Despana
Learned Scribe

Belgium
258 Posts

Posted - 16 Oct 2014 :  15:08:50  Show Profile Send Duneth Despana a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Heya,

I just created this scroll(http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=19667) trying to find more information on Clan Auzkovyn.

Since they were Vhaeraunites like the Dragon's Hoard featured in 'Drizzt Do'Urden's Guide to the Underdark' and the trade organization had an enclave in the High Forest during the time Clan Auzkovyn still inhabited it, I was wondering if you had any thoughts on what relations the two organizations might have had if any, and in general if you could help me in my quest for more lore on the Clan.

Thank you in advance and thanks for your great contribution to the Realms.

« There is no overriding « epic » in the Realms, but rather a large number of stories, adventures, and encounters going on all the time. [...]. Each creative mind adds to the base, creating, defining, and making their contribution to the rich diversity of the Realms. [...]. But Ed built the stage upon which all the plays are presented. Thanks Ed. » -FR Comic no.1
Go to Top of Page

ericlboyd
Forgotten Realms Designer

USA
1253 Posts

Posted - 21 Oct 2014 :  00:55:21  Show Profile  Visit ericlboyd's Homepage Send ericlboyd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Here's what I have so far on the history of Clan Auzkovyn. (Note I'm worrying more about their history before they got to Cormanthor than after. I also don't promise to not make any changes as my thinking evolves in the project I'm writing (for fun) right now.)

Year of the Dark Mask (1171 DR): Year of the Dark Mask: Araumycos withdraws beneath the Lost Peaks, opening a passage between the mines of Rornfaern and the Underdark.
After centuries of migrating through the Underdark, the Vhaeraun-worshiping drow of Clan Auzkovyn, named for their founder, Tluth Auzkovyn, use this newly opened passage to reach the High Forest, intent on establishing a small fastness of their own in the Realms Above. Within a tenday, more than half the drow are dead of some mysterious affliction, and the survivors are forced to flee eastward, in the face of escalating attacks by the centaurs of Clan Glengallop and allied korred tribes.
In the decades that follow, Clan Auzkovyn establishes a string of failed settlements west of the Star Mounts. Each time the drow claim a new home, they are driven forth by relentless attacks by various wood elf tribes.

Year of the Gate (1341 DR): Misstyre Auzkovyn discovers a portal (the Harp Gate) in the western High Forest, amidst the ruined spires of the Tower of Swirling Shards. (The tower with the portal is a new locale, but matches the location described where the drow are found in The North, page 51.)

Year of the Unstrung Harp (1371 DR): A vanguard of drow warriors of Clan Auzkovyn departs the High Forest via the Harp Gate, arriving in Battledale through a previously unguarded portal beneath the Abbey of the Sword. They are followed soon after by the rest of the clan.

Core References:

Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting (3e), pages 121, 125.
Faiths & Pantheons, page 152.

Related Discussion:

1) Why Year of the Dark Mask? FRCS (3e) says "about 200 years ago" and "Year of the Dark Mask is perfect.

2) Why the Lost Peaks? The North: The Wilderness, page 55, lists that as one of the three ways into the High Forest from the Underdark. It's closest to where the drow eventually end up Rornfaern is my tentative name for the forgotten dwarfhold beneath the Lost Peaks. The plague associated with that dwarfhold explains why the drow would not retreat back into the Underdark when attacked by the wood elf tribes.

3) What's the deal with the Harp Gate? See the story of two portals in Faiths & Pantheons, page 152. To explain the ability of Clan Auzkovyn to "create a second portal" (which they haven't done since), I'm assuming the Harp Gate is a portal closely associated with song magic that can latch on to existing portal terminuses. So, the first group came through the "current" destination of the Harp Gate, ending up in the Underdark beneath what is now the Abbey of the Sword. After that terminus seemed "problematic" due the presence of the Tempuran defenders, the clan's vanguard then had their fellows back in the High Forest retarget the Harp Gate to a new portal terminus north of Battledale.

--
http://www.ericlboyd.com/dnd/

Edited by - ericlboyd on 21 Oct 2014 00:56:50
Go to Top of Page

Duneth Despana
Learned Scribe

Belgium
258 Posts

Posted - 22 Oct 2014 :  07:27:22  Show Profile Send Duneth Despana a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Great! Thanks!

I love the Araumycos and Rornfaern (which I'd love to learn more about) part and that you too have spotted the year of the Dark Mask coinciding with the rough timeline we're given about the clan.

Where can I find information on the Harp Gate? Nothing turned up on google...

I actually feel it's safest to assume that the Dragon's Hoard, Clan Auzkovyn and Misstyre's band are three different groups of vhaeraunites, (I will ask Ed Greenwood and Steven Schend which one of them wrote the Misstyre paragraph in 'The North') since Misstyre's band is only a hundred strong and clan Auzkovyn are 3,500 -after- their losses coming to Cormanthor.

I wonder what the sylvan races' (including centaurs and korreds) reaction to drow on the surface would be? would those that travel between Faerie and Faerūn mistake them for Svartalfar or Unseelie elves? Do the sylvan races hold the same grudge after the Crown Wars as the non-drow elves do (maybe this is just me lacking well known realmslore, but how much were non elven sylvan species implicated in the Crown Wars?)
Markus Taylor wrote this: "BTW, Drow fear Fey (I assume Seelie) - it was in that Halruaa series by Elaine." but I have not read the book in question.

Is it sure Auzkovyn is a surname (in regards to the clan founder)?

Thanks again! Keep us updated on your project ^_^ !

quote:
Originally posted by ericlboyd

Hi,

Don't want to clutter Elaine's thread to much maybe take further questions to other scroll?

I think the two groups are unrelated other than worshipping Vhaeraun, being active in roughly the same location at different times, and having leaders with similar names.

The Dragons Hoard is active near Trollbridge circa 1361 DR. They move on to skull port. The "shattered" reference in DDGttU is referring to the aftermath of Hurricane Liriel.

Now this me making connections. Savage Frontier says no drow, page 50. The north says Misstyres drow are up by River dessRin in 1369.

FRCS says Clan Auzkovyn arrive circa 1171 DR fight wood lives for 200 years and then leave via portal. There aren't woo doves over by where Misstyres band is.

I would say Misstyres is leader of Clan Auzkovyn in 1369. He lads clAn west say from wood elves, finds a portal, and leave in 1371 DR.

Note also Abey of the Sword write up in F&P.

Eric

Originally posted by Duneth Despana

Heya, Eric.

Nice catch! I feel a little stupid for not thinking of the difference in dates -_-' ... ;-P

This just makes me even more curious about the link between the two, and also... if not the events of 1361 DR what caused the band to go from 'established' (1369DR) to 'shattered' (1370).

A heartfelt thank you for your answer!


Originally posted by ericlboyd

So, by chance, I was literally trying to figure this out this morning.

I note the following: Nisstyre dies in 1361 DR (when Daughter of the Drow is set). Misstyre is mentioned in 1369 DR (when The North is written).

Therefore, despite the similarities, I don't think they can be the same individual unless that was Elaine's intent and there's a deeper story.

--Eric
Originally posted by Duneth Despana

Thank you for such a quick reply ^_^. If not you, could you point me to which writer/designer has authority on the subject?





« There is no overriding « epic » in the Realms, but rather a large number of stories, adventures, and encounters going on all the time. [...]. Each creative mind adds to the base, creating, defining, and making their contribution to the rich diversity of the Realms. [...]. But Ed built the stage upon which all the plays are presented. Thanks Ed. » -FR Comic no.1
Go to Top of Page

ericlboyd
Forgotten Realms Designer

USA
1253 Posts

Posted - 22 Oct 2014 :  11:07:13  Show Profile  Visit ericlboyd's Homepage Send ericlboyd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Although it's not named, there's a bit on Rornfaern in The North: The Wilderness, page 55, and Silver Marches, page 28. I also think one could deduce by the location and timing that the fall of Rornfaern was due to its discovery by the fey'ri in 46 DR and subsequent destruction by them in 144 DR.

The "Harp Gate" is a new idea. More later. But think portal with variable terminus, which can be tuned with song magic.

I'd be wary about assuming three groups.

1) Clan Auzkovyn's arrival in Cormanthor was broken into 2 groups: the vanguard that showed up beneath the Abbey of the Sword and the larger group that showed up by a dfiferent portal terminus north of Battledale later. That's why Misstyre's group works at 100 while the balance work at the larger number.

2) FR5, page 50 says "This subterranean elven subrace does not dwell here, but it has long been sus- pected that the forest hides an entrance to Menzoberranzan, one of the dark elves#146; Deepearth cities."

3) "The North: The Wilderness", page 51, says "There is *an* established tribe of approximately 100 Vhaerun-worshiping drow ..." (emphasis mine)

I'm just assuming "Auzkovyn" is the surname, as it makes it easier (for me at least). Note also that some tribes (of any race) use clan names as surnames, so it seemed logical.

I'm sure the non-evil fey, for the most part, hate the drow, but maybe not as intensely as the Fair Folk.

--Eric

PS For the curious, I'm doing a write-up of the High Forest and some adventures, like I did for Under Illefarn Anew. Clocking in at 176 pages so far. Will grow significantly before I'm done.

quote:
Originally posted by Duneth Despana

Great! Thanks!

I love the Araumycos and Rornfaern (which I'd love to learn more about) part and that you too have spotted the year of the Dark Mask coinciding with the rough timeline we're given about the clan.

Where can I find information on the Harp Gate? Nothing turned up on google...

I actually feel it's safest to assume that the Dragon's Hoard, Clan Auzkovyn and Misstyre's band are three different groups of vhaeraunites, (I will ask Ed Greenwood and Steven Schend which one of them wrote the Misstyre paragraph in 'The North') since Misstyre's band is only a hundred strong and clan Auzkovyn are 3,500 -after- their losses coming to Cormanthor.

I wonder what the sylvan races' (including centaurs and korreds) reaction to drow on the surface would be? would those that travel between Faerie and Faerūn mistake them for Svartalfar or Unseelie elves? Do the sylvan races hold the same grudge after the Crown Wars as the non-drow elves do (maybe this is just me lacking well known realmslore, but how much were non elven sylvan species implicated in the Crown Wars?)
Markus Taylor wrote this: "BTW, Drow fear Fey (I assume Seelie) - it was in that Halruaa series by Elaine." but I have not read the book in question.

Is it sure Auzkovyn is a surname (in regards to the clan founder)?

Thanks again! Keep us updated on your project ^_^ !

quote:
Originally posted by ericlboyd

Hi,

Don't want to clutter Elaine's thread to much maybe take further questions to other scroll?

I think the two groups are unrelated other than worshipping Vhaeraun, being active in roughly the same location at different times, and having leaders with similar names.

The Dragons Hoard is active near Trollbridge circa 1361 DR. They move on to skull port. The "shattered" reference in DDGttU is referring to the aftermath of Hurricane Liriel.

Now this me making connections. Savage Frontier says no drow, page 50. The north says Misstyres drow are up by River dessRin in 1369.

FRCS says Clan Auzkovyn arrive circa 1171 DR fight wood lives for 200 years and then leave via portal. There aren't woo doves over by where Misstyres band is.

I would say Misstyres is leader of Clan Auzkovyn in 1369. He lads clAn west say from wood elves, finds a portal, and leave in 1371 DR.

Note also Abey of the Sword write up in F&P.

Eric

Originally posted by Duneth Despana

Heya, Eric.

Nice catch! I feel a little stupid for not thinking of the difference in dates -_-' ... ;-P

This just makes me even more curious about the link between the two, and also... if not the events of 1361 DR what caused the band to go from 'established' (1369DR) to 'shattered' (1370).

A heartfelt thank you for your answer!


Originally posted by ericlboyd

So, by chance, I was literally trying to figure this out this morning.

I note the following: Nisstyre dies in 1361 DR (when Daughter of the Drow is set). Misstyre is mentioned in 1369 DR (when The North is written).

Therefore, despite the similarities, I don't think they can be the same individual unless that was Elaine's intent and there's a deeper story.

--Eric
Originally posted by Duneth Despana

Thank you for such a quick reply ^_^. If not you, could you point me to which writer/designer has authority on the subject?







--
http://www.ericlboyd.com/dnd/

Edited by - ericlboyd on 22 Oct 2014 11:08:10
Go to Top of Page

dazzlerdal
Great Reader

United Kingdom
3550 Posts

Posted - 22 Oct 2014 :  11:16:54  Show Profile Send dazzlerdal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Count me as one of the curious. Where can we get hold of these write-ups and adventures and Illefarn Anew. I would love to get my hands on them

Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions Candlekeep Archive
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 1
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 2
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 3
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 4
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 5
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 6
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 7
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 8
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 9

Alternate Realms Site
Go to Top of Page

hashimashadoo
Master of Realmslore

United Kingdom
1112 Posts

Posted - 22 Oct 2014 :  11:24:48  Show Profile  Visit hashimashadoo's Homepage  Click to see hashimashadoo's MSN Messenger address Send hashimashadoo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
According to a certain mister Krashos, Eric's been waiting patiently to see if WotC will publish them.

When life turns it's back on you...sneak attack for extra damage.

Head admin of the FR wiki:

http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com
Go to Top of Page

dazzlerdal
Great Reader

United Kingdom
3550 Posts

Posted - 22 Oct 2014 :  11:55:45  Show Profile Send dazzlerdal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh, that is not the news i wanted to hear. Much as i understand Eric wants to be paid for his wonderful work (and i wish i could pay him to get a copy now) i imagine that WoTC will sit on this forever and ever and ever and then NDA everything about Illefarn before forgetting that it ever existed.

Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions Candlekeep Archive
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 1
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 2
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 3
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 4
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 5
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 6
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 7
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 8
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 9

Alternate Realms Site
Go to Top of Page

ericlboyd
Forgotten Realms Designer

USA
1253 Posts

Posted - 22 Oct 2014 :  12:11:04  Show Profile  Visit ericlboyd's Homepage Send ericlboyd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dazzlerdal

Oh, that is not the news i wanted to hear. Much as i understand Eric wants to be paid for his wonderful work (and i wish i could pay him to get a copy now) i imagine that WoTC will sit on this forever and ever and ever and then NDA everything about Illefarn before forgetting that it ever existed.



You'll see it soon.

--Eri

--
http://www.ericlboyd.com/dnd/
Go to Top of Page

dazzlerdal
Great Reader

United Kingdom
3550 Posts

Posted - 22 Oct 2014 :  12:34:26  Show Profile Send dazzlerdal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Awesome, in which case i will shut up and wait.

Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions Candlekeep Archive
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 1
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 2
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 3
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 4
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 5
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 6
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 7
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 8
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 9

Alternate Realms Site
Go to Top of Page

Fellfire
Master of Realmslore

1944 Posts

Posted - 22 Oct 2014 :  12:57:02  Show Profile Send Fellfire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What is “Under Illefarń Anew?

Misanthorpe

Love is a lie. Only hate endures. Light is blinding. Only in darkness do we see clearly.

"Oh, you think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it, molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a man, by then it was nothing to me but.. blinding. The shadows betray you because they belong to me." - Bane The Dark Knight Rises

Green Dragonscale Dice Bag by Crystalsidyll - check it out

Go to Top of Page

ericlboyd
Forgotten Realms Designer

USA
1253 Posts

Posted - 22 Oct 2014 :  13:25:28  Show Profile  Visit ericlboyd's Homepage Send ericlboyd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Fellfire

What is “Under Illefarń Anew?



I rewrote Under Illefarn, the old 1e FR module, for a campaign for my kids.

It turned into a 305 page 3.5e campaign sourcebook / adventure for the Shining Vale.

I think it turned out pretty well. I'll make it available in the near future.

--Eric

--
http://www.ericlboyd.com/dnd/
Go to Top of Page

Fellfire
Master of Realmslore

1944 Posts

Posted - 22 Oct 2014 :  15:20:35  Show Profile Send Fellfire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Groovy. It goes without saying, really, that I too would love to see that High forest project in prińt

Misanthorpe

Love is a lie. Only hate endures. Light is blinding. Only in darkness do we see clearly.

"Oh, you think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it, molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a man, by then it was nothing to me but.. blinding. The shadows betray you because they belong to me." - Bane The Dark Knight Rises

Green Dragonscale Dice Bag by Crystalsidyll - check it out

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 46 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2017 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000