Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Chamber of Sages
 Questions for Eric L Boyd
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 46

rjfras
Learned Scribe

261 Posts

Posted - 17 Apr 2010 :  20:29:27  Show Profile  Visit rjfras's Homepage Send rjfras a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Eric, can you tell us anything about the legendary pyramid-shaped tear of Ascore artifact mentioned in Champions of Ruin, believed to be currently held by the lich Aumvor?

I'm betting it's not a coincidence that it's pyramid-shaped...

Go to Top of Page

Jakk
Great Reader

Canada
2165 Posts

Posted - 28 May 2010 :  05:16:39  Show Profile Send Jakk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Eric, I'm interested in the tear of Ascore as well... I have a theory... or the beginnings of one, anyway...

First, a question: is the tear of Ascore the same shape as the pyramids in the eponymous ruins? If not, my theory kind of falls apart...

Assuming that it is... I think the tear of Ascore is a focus or trigger item for whatever power is contained in those pyramids. Part of me still thinks it has something to do with the divine essence of Karsus, after learning from Ed that it's not a coincidence that there are thirteen pyramids in Ascore and thirteen dire oaks in the ring in Karse (which ring I suspect to be surrounding Wulgreth's black pyramid, but apparently there's no map or detailed physical description of the ruins of Karse, so I can't say for sure). I'm also still suspecting that the hue of the pyramids in Ascore has something to do with the petrified corpse of Karsus himself, but Ed's disavowing that connection...

Anyway, I'm done speculating; I suspect that anything canon that exists on the matter is locked down under NDAs anyway, but thanks for anything you can provide.

Playing in the Realms since the Old Grey Box (1987)... and *still* having fun with material published before 2008, despite the NDA'd lore.

If it's comparable in power with non-magical abilities, it's not magic.
Go to Top of Page

Zireael
Master of Realmslore

Poland
1190 Posts

Posted - 28 May 2010 :  09:09:29  Show Profile  Visit Zireael's Homepage Send Zireael a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Thieran

Dear Mr Boyd, I have got a question regarding the Warblade/"Shadowdale: The Scouring of the Land".
It is stated there that the drow of House Dhuurniv are in possession of the Warblade at that time - my question is whether you could tell us a little bit more about the circumstances of its retrieval.
Lost Empires of Faerûn states that the sword is hidden beneath the ruins of Maerimydra - as the city was destroyed only in 1372 DR, and LEoF supposedly mirrors the state of things sometime in 1374 DR, this suggests that the Warblade was recovered at some stage between 1374 DR and the beginning of "Shadowdale: TSotL".
Edit: This is actually confirmed by the Warblade description in "Shadowdale: TSotL" which states that the blade lay hidden beneath the ruins of the Lolth temple in Maerimydra until recently- and as "Shadowdale: TSotL" is set in the winter of 1375, this probably means sometime in 1375.

But did House Dhuurniv initially retrieve the Warblade themselves, or did they obtain it after it had been retrieved by someone else (who came across it more accidentally)? How did they find out about its whereabouts?
Thank you very much in advance!

Seconded that. I wish Josidiah could be alive for it... *remembers something about "no body to be found = not dead"*

SiNafay Vrinn, the daughter of Lloth, from Ched Nasad!

http://zireael07.wordpress.com/
Go to Top of Page

Zireael
Master of Realmslore

Poland
1190 Posts

Posted - 08 Jun 2010 :  10:35:54  Show Profile  Visit Zireael's Homepage Send Zireael a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A question for Mr. Boyd. I'm looking for information on Alashar Crywinds, Telamont Tanthul's wife. Can he share some of his knowledge?

Go to Top of Page

Jakk
Great Reader

Canada
2165 Posts

Posted - 16 Jun 2010 :  19:03:01  Show Profile Send Jakk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Eric, I'm also interested in the "lost years" of the Warblade (as requested originally by Thieran, quoted above by Zireael); if you can share anything about this with us it would be greatly appreciated.

I know better than to ask about the Artblade; I know it's wrapped in NDAs that even it can't cut through, and I have my own theories regarding Josidiah Starym anyway. That being said, if there's anything you can say...

Playing in the Realms since the Old Grey Box (1987)... and *still* having fun with material published before 2008, despite the NDA'd lore.

If it's comparable in power with non-magical abilities, it's not magic.
Go to Top of Page

Ashe Ravenheart
Great Reader

USA
3074 Posts

Posted - 16 Jun 2010 :  21:00:58  Show Profile Send Ashe Ravenheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jakk

Eric, I'm also interested in the "lost years" of the Warblade (as requested originally by Thieran, quoted above by Zireael); if you can share anything about this with us it would be greatly appreciated.

I don't know about the "lost years", but I know a certain half-elven ranger now has possession.

(What? You thought I'd stop mentioning it? )

I actually DO know everything. I just have a very poor index of my knowledge.

Ashe's Character Sheet

Alphabetized Index of Realms NPCs
Go to Top of Page

Ionik Knight
Learned Scribe

USA
222 Posts

Posted - 08 Sep 2010 :  02:24:08  Show Profile  Visit Ionik Knight's Homepage Send Ionik Knight a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Mr Boyd, is there anything more about the werelion paladins of Nobanion? The only rules I can find for werelions are the old 2ed evil ones. I myself am in need of 3ed rules for good leonine lycans.

Many thanks

Fools to right of them,
Jesters to left of them,
Clowns in front of them
Pun'd and parody'd.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31690 Posts

Posted - 08 Sep 2010 :  03:16:52  Show Profile  Send The Sage an AOL message  Click to see The Sage's MSN Messenger address  Send The Sage a Yahoo! Message Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ionik Knight

Mr Boyd, is there anything more about the werelion paladins of Nobanion? The only rules I can find for werelions are the old 2ed evil ones. I myself am in need of 3ed rules for good leonine lycans.

Many thanks

They're not exactly "rules" in the classic sense, but 2e's Van Richten's Guide to Werebeasts offers some intriguing thoughts on running non-evil werecreatures in a campaign.

One of the main points discussed, is the likelihood that the "Social behavior [of the werecreature] should relate to the characteristics of the natural animal." So in the case of a werelion, I'd expect that he or she would continue to exemplify the overall feline strength and "king of the Savannah/jungle" aspect that would appear to be inherent in the lion's original form and social behaviour.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Ionik Knight
Learned Scribe

USA
222 Posts

Posted - 08 Sep 2010 :  14:44:52  Show Profile  Visit Ionik Knight's Homepage Send Ionik Knight a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sage, thanks for the input. I can, and will, invent from whole cloth if I need to. I just want to be sure I'm not intentionally overwriting canon...or reinventing the wheel either. If I'm going to do a rewrite I want to do it on purpose. I'm fairly certain there's nothing in print for good werelions...but there may be something hiding in the unprinted material.

Fools to right of them,
Jesters to left of them,
Clowns in front of them
Pun'd and parody'd.
Go to Top of Page

Zireael
Master of Realmslore

Poland
1190 Posts

Posted - 11 Oct 2010 :  10:37:39  Show Profile  Visit Zireael's Homepage Send Zireael a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I just remembered - your article on Llurth Dreier is just brilliant!

So here come two further questions inspired by it:
1. Is anything more known about lithidrow and dark skum? I'm thinking of making a 3.5 conversion of these creatures, they sound lovely.
2. What is known about Telantiwar? How many drow inhabited it? Who ruled etc? We all know where it was and when it fell, but not much more.

Thanks in advance for your reply.
Zireael

EDIT: Anything known on Nathglaryst of Undraeth except from the bits here?

Go to Top of Page

TBeholder
Master of Realmslore

1458 Posts

Posted - 27 Dec 2011 :  16:01:51  Show Profile Send TBeholder a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Could you please give more details about drow aspects of Seldarine (venerated "in the guise of previously unknown drow demipowers" in Sshamath)?
I suppose they have to wrestle with Dark Seldarine whenever they can, so it only makes sense they would try this not only in one city.
Eilistraee's good, but her portfolio limits possibilities; she also doesn't have ready access to as many crystal spheres as Seldarine, and Wildspace drow are easier to steal from under their matrons' heels.
I did ask sages around here, but they couldn't find more about this side either.

People never wonder How the world goes round -Helloween
And even I make no pretense Of having more than common sense -R.W.Wood
It's not good, Eric. It's a gazebo. -Ed Whitchurch
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31690 Posts

Posted - 28 Dec 2011 :  00:47:54  Show Profile  Send The Sage an AOL message  Click to see The Sage's MSN Messenger address  Send The Sage a Yahoo! Message Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
TBeholder, I'll note that Eric hasn't been active here at Candlekeep in over four years. So you're unlikely to garner a response from him here. I would instead suggest that you visit his website or send him as email with your query.

Go to Top of Page

Thieran
Learned Scribe

Germany
292 Posts

Posted - 29 Mar 2012 :  12:46:29  Show Profile Send Thieran a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Thieran

Dear Mr Boyd, I have got a question regarding the Warblade/"Shadowdale: The Scouring of the Land".
It is stated there that the drow of House Dhuurniv are in possession of the Warblade at that time - my question is whether you could tell us a little bit more about the circumstances of its retrieval.
Lost Empires of Faerûn states that the sword is hidden beneath the ruins of Maerimydra - as the city was destroyed only in 1372 DR, and LEoF supposedly mirrors the state of things sometime in 1374 DR, this suggests that the Warblade was recovered at some stage between 1374 DR and the beginning of "Shadowdale: TSotL".
Edit: This is actually confirmed by the Warblade description in "Shadowdale: TSotL" which states that the blade lay hidden beneath the ruins of the Lolth temple in Maerimydra until recently- and as "Shadowdale: TSotL" is set in the winter of 1375, this probably means sometime in 1375.

But did House Dhuurniv initially retrieve the Warblade themselves, or did they obtain it after it had been retrieved by someone else (who came across it more accidentally)? How did they find out about its whereabouts?
Thank you very much in advance!

I recently tried again to e-mail Eric Boyd with my post quoted above, and he was not only kind enough to reply promptly, but he also allowed me to share his enlightening response here:

quote:
Quoted from an e-mail message from Eric Boyd, 29 Mar 2012 (GMT)

I believe page 82 of Shadowdale was deliberately the closest I came to an explanation. If I recall correctly, I was trying to walk a fine line about whether or not the players had already played City of the Spider Queen with different characters in a previous campaign and what had happened, and that's why I left it ambiguous.

I think the most likely explanation is that the events of City of the Spider Queen happened, but the PCs of that module didn't find the warblade. After the module was over, House Dhuurniv returned, tried to resettle the city and failed. While they were there, they retrieved the warblade. When House Dhuurniv left the city to found a new settlement, they took the warblade with them. So, it was the drow who brought it back up to Shadowdale again.

Alternatively, if the PCs of CotSQ did find the Warblade, it was somehow lost afterwards to the drow of House Dhuurniv.

Go to Top of Page

ericlboyd
Forgotten Realms Designer

USA
1253 Posts

Posted - 18 Apr 2012 :  00:08:42  Show Profile  Visit ericlboyd's Homepage Send ericlboyd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey all,

Long time, no visit.

After many years of absence from the Realms, my wife convinced me to start a campaign for my children, now 7 and 9, a couple of months ago.

We've been slowly making our way through N5 - Under Illefarn (using 3.5e) for the past few months. We are having a blast. My daughter loves magic items while my son loves monsters. We're still working on role-playing ... like fantasy appropriate names (one member of the party is a Morninglord of Lathander named "Mommy"), but the beauty of the Realms is shining through.

I, of course, have been unable to avoid rewriting the module in its entirety, using every obscure tome on my shelf and weaving in every bit of Realmslore I can think of.

Just wanted to say hello,

--Eric

--
http://www.ericlboyd.com/dnd/
Go to Top of Page

Fellfire
Master of Realmslore

1944 Posts

Posted - 18 Apr 2012 :  00:16:16  Show Profile Send Fellfire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Looking forward to seeing more of your custom Realms-work, Eric. Welcome back.

Misanthorpe

Love is a lie. Only hate endures. Light is blinding. Only in darkness do we see clearly.

"Oh, you think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it, molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a man, by then it was nothing to me but.. blinding. The shadows betray you because they belong to me." - Bane The Dark Knight Rises

Green Dragonscale Dice Bag by Crystalsidyll - check it out

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
30225 Posts

Posted - 18 Apr 2012 :  00:29:35  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wow, welcome back, Eric!

Editor and scribe for The Candlekeep Compendium

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31690 Posts

Posted - 18 Apr 2012 :  01:10:48  Show Profile  Send The Sage an AOL message  Click to see The Sage's MSN Messenger address  Send The Sage a Yahoo! Message Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Eric, you've returned.

This is good and welcome news.

Interestingly, I'm intrigued by your experiences with the N5 module. Could you share them here?

Go to Top of Page

Steven Schend
Forgotten Realms Designer & Author

USA
1631 Posts

Posted - 18 Apr 2012 :  01:49:14  Show Profile  Visit Steven Schend's Homepage  Send Steven Schend a Yahoo! Message Send Steven Schend a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ericlboyd

Hey all,

Long time, no visit.

After many years of absence from the Realms, my wife convinced me to start a campaign for my children, now 7 and 9, a couple of months ago.

We've been slowly making our way through N5 - Under Illefarn (using 3.5e) for the past few months. We are having a blast. My daughter loves magic items while my son loves monsters. We're still working on role-playing ... like fantasy appropriate names (one member of the party is a Morninglord of Lathander named "Mommy"), but the beauty of the Realms is shining through.

I, of course, have been unable to avoid rewriting the module in its entirety, using every obscure tome on my shelf and weaving in every bit of Realmslore I can think of.

Just wanted to say hello,

--Eric

I can't wait to hear about a campaign moment that leads to the utterance "If Mommy ain't happy, ain't NOBODY happy!" and the cleric unleashes holy mayhem.

Steven
who wishes his old pal and comrade a hearty Hail and Well Met!

For current projects and general natter, see www.steveneschend.com
Go to Top of Page

Kajehase
Great Reader

Sweden
2104 Posts

Posted - 18 Apr 2012 :  05:53:27  Show Profile Send Kajehase a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yay! Welcome back Eric with a c.

There is a rumour going around that I have found god. I think is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist.
Terry Pratchett
Go to Top of Page

Kajehase
Great Reader

Sweden
2104 Posts

Posted - 18 Apr 2012 :  05:55:46  Show Profile Send Kajehase a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

We're still working on role-playing ... like fantasy appropriate names (one member of the party is a Morninglord of Lathander named "Mommy")...

As long as it ain't Mammy Graul...*shudder*

There is a rumour going around that I have found god. I think is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist.
Terry Pratchett
Go to Top of Page

ericlboyd

USA
1253 Posts

Posted - 18 Apr 2012 :  06:03:10  Show Profile  Visit ericlboyd's Homepage Send ericlboyd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

Eric, you've returned.

This is good and welcome news.

Interestingly, I'm intrigued by your experiences with the N5 module. Could you share them here?

Anything in particular?

From a design point of view, I ended up going with the module set in 1357, pre-ToT, to keep it consistent with the original storyline. However, with the benefit of foresight, I know where some of the characters are "going" class-wise (e.g. Redeye), I've tried to weave together a story that leads them down the path.

I've also been pretty brutal on keeping the game balanced. So I've stripped the NPCs of extra levels whenever they didn't seem warranted, and rebalanced the treasure radically to make it make sense. (For example, Kelthas was set to level 10 in 1e so he could cast animate dead. A necromancer can now do that at 7th level, so I cut him down to that. Likewise, the crown of Devin was just a ridiculous artifact, but it actually works pretty well as an item of legacy. etc.0

I've also added 2 master villains who account for much of the goings-on that didn't have a lot of explanation.

When I finish rewriting it, I'll make sure to post it in some forum.

--
Go to Top of Page

Thieran
Learned Scribe

Germany
292 Posts

Posted - 18 Apr 2012 :  07:32:21  Show Profile Send Thieran a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome back, Mr Boyd, and thanks again for your recent answer!
Go to Top of Page

Brian R. James
Forgotten Realms Game Designer

USA
1080 Posts

Posted - 18 Apr 2012 :  16:23:02  Show Profile  Visit Brian R. James's Homepage Send Brian R. James a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You've been missed Eric, not just at Candlekeep but in the designer community as well. Selfishly, I hope your renewed interest in D&D leads you on a path to future Realms projects.

Brian R. James - Freelance Game Designer

Follow me on Twitter @brianrjames, and please be sure to check out the RED AEGIS Roleplaying Game
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31690 Posts

Posted - 19 Apr 2012 :  01:08:30  Show Profile  Send The Sage an AOL message  Click to see The Sage's MSN Messenger address  Send The Sage a Yahoo! Message Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Anything in particular?

[...]

I've also added 2 master villains who account for much of the goings-on that didn't have a lot of explanation.
Actually, I wouldn't mind hearing more about these two villains, for starters.

Go to Top of Page

ericlboyd

USA
1253 Posts

Posted - 19 Apr 2012 :  04:53:36  Show Profile  Visit ericlboyd's Homepage Send ericlboyd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This is still rough, but gives you a flavor of what I ended up doing.

Antharzyreph, “Scourge of Axe and Arrow”

Antharzyreph is a rising power in the Lower Delimibyr Vale, enmeshed in a plot to transform the fey wilderness of the Laughing Hollow into a fetid mere suitable for a black dragon to rule. Amongst the inhabitants of the Lizard Marsh, Antharzyreph is known as the Marsh Marauder, for his frequent attacks on small bands of lizardfolk in years past. Kelthas the Dread coined the sobriquets “Scourge of Axe and Arrow” and “Bane of Illefarn” in reference to the long-ago Council of Axe and Arrow on the slopes of Mount Illefarn that united the Fair Folk and Stout Folk in defending their realms in the Delimibyr Vale and to Antharzyreph’s plans to undo all that elves and dwarves held dear.
Antharzyreph’s appearance is fairly typical for his race, with deep-socketed eyes and broad nasal openings that make his face look like a skull. He has segmented horns that curve forward and down, somewhat like a ram’s horns, but not as curly. These horns are bone-colored near their bases, but darken to dead black at the tips. The flesh around his horns and cheekbones has started to deteriorate, as though eaten by acid, leaving only thinning, pockmarked hide covering his skull. Antharzyreph’s teeth protrude when his both his closed, and big spikes stud the lower jaw. The leftmost spike has broken off, the result of attempting to bite down on a hard-shelled ankylosaurus during his youth. A pair of small horns jut up from his chin, and a row of hornlets crown his head. His tongue is flat with a forked tip, and acidic slime drools from his mouth down his neck.
Antharzyreph smells of rotting vegetation and foul water, with an acidic undertone.
When he flies, Antharzyreph cuts a distinctive profile, characteristic of his race. His horns, with their characteristic forward curve, are clearly visible. The wing membranes are marked with blobby stripes, and the leading edges of the wings are scalloped near the tips. Like other black wyrms, Antharzyreph has exceptionally long alar thumbs. The trailing edges of the wing membranes join his body ahead of his back legs.
Antharzyreph’s scales have grown larger and thicker with age, but not lost the glossy sheen characteristic of hatchlings. In Antharzyreph’s case, this glossy sheen has a greenish hue and seems to have intensified due to his regular, prolonged immersions the dwarfhold’s corrupted aquifer.
Hoard: 4,000 gp in mixed coins, 8 blue quartz (10 gp each), 1 jade statue of an elven maiden (120 gp), 2 violet garnets called the “blood of Stonebridge” (400 gp each), armor of Bharaun*, cloak of Shining*, and the crown of Daurvos*.
Lair: Since the Year of the Dragon (1352 DR), Antharzyreph has claimed the abandoned dwarfhold in the bowels of Mount Illefarn, along the northern edge of the Laughing Hollow, as his lair, slumbering atop a bed of coins in bowels of the complex (area #B16). Three years ago, the Scourge of Axe and Arrow withdrew to the dwarfhold’s primary aquifer, a flooded cavern deep beneath area #B16, and hid his treasure in Devin’s Refuge (area #F101). While he claims all of the Laughing Hollow as his domain, Antharzyreph has not yet chosen to enforced his self-appointed rule.
Tactics: Antharzyreph cares first and foremost about his own self-preservation. While he is not particularly cowardly, he quite comfortable retreating to fight another day, even if that disrupts his longstanding plans. When forced into combat, the Scourge of Axe and Arrow attempts to find terrain favorable to his skills, such as the depths of a dark, foul subterranean lake or from the air on a dark, moonless night. Antharzyreph employs his ring of reduction to great effect, enabling him to shrink to Medium size and thereby navigate the narrow shafts in the dwarfhold between #B16 and #F101, between #F98 and #E97, between #F100 and #B36, and between #B25 and #D61.
Known Allies: At heart, Antharzyreph is a selfish creature, wholly unconcerned with any other being. However, the Scourge of Axe and Arrow has found it advantageous to work with Kelthas the Dread, a bandit lord active along the northern High Moor and mid-ranking member of the Cult of the Dragon. In exchange for feigning interest in the teachings of Sammaster, Antharzyreph has received the support of Kelthas and his followers in his schemes.
Known Enemies: Ere his departure from the Lizard Marsh, Antharzyreph preyed heavily on the local tribes of lizardfolk. Eventually his depredations forced the tribes to ally against him under the leadership of a lizardfolk champion by the name of Redeye. Although the Marsh Marauder has long been absent from the Lizard Marsh, the tales of the lizardfolk continue to speak of Antharzyreph’s depradations, not coincidentally supporting Redeye’s case for continued leadership of the united tribes.
Schemes: Antharzyreph’s primary interest is to transform the Laughing Hollow into a festering mere suitable for him to rule, with the dwarfhold beneath Mount Illefarn serving as his lair. The dragon’s initial plan was to work with the Cult of the Dragon to corrupt the waters of the dwarfhold’s primary aquifer and then unleash a wholly unexpected deluge on the Laughing Hollow. While this plan is still in place, the dragon’s schemes have grown more complicated with the introduction of additional actors. At the present time, the dragon seeks to wait until Clan Ironaxe, the Followers of the Scaly Way, and the Direlord Tribe have sufficiently weakened each other that he can sweep in and safely destroy the survivors. The dragon has not yet decided whether to let some of the combatants survive, if they pledge to fight on his behalf after the deluge against the remnants of Melandrach’s tribe, but ultimately the Scourge of Axe and Arrow intends to leave no survivors who might reveal the secrets of his lair.
Knowledge Checks: Locating Antharzyreph’s lair in the Laughing Hollow requires a DC 25 bardic knowledge, Knowledge (geography) or Knowledge (local—Waterdeep) check. PCs who question the lizardfolk of the Lizard Marsh or a Dragon Cultist in the North, Waterdeep, or Western Heartlands region may learn about Antharzyreph’s description, lairs, tactics, known allies, and known enemies with a successful DC 20 Gather Information check. They may learn about his rumored hoard and schemes with a DC 25 Gather Information check.
Adventure Hooks: At present, Antharzyreph seeks to maintain a low profile and rarely leaves his lair beneath Mount Illefarn. When he does emerge to hunt, the Scourge of Axe and Arrow usually confines his depradations to the Lizard Marsh, where he enjoys dining on bands of lizardfolk, or the northern High Moor, where he slakes his hunger with the flesh of goblins and orcs. PCs who have formed a relationship with Redeye might be contacted after a raid in hopes of procuring better weapons and armor from Daggerford to fight off the dragon’s next attack. Alternatively, while escorting a delivery of weapons and armor to Redeye, the PCs might get caught up in an attack by the Marsh Marauder.

--
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 46 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2017 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000