Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

 All Forums
 Realmslore
 Chamber of Sages
 Questions for Eric L Boyd
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 46

ericlboyd
Forgotten Realms Designer

USA
1253 Posts

Posted - 18 May 2006 :  17:54:37  Show Profile  Visit ericlboyd's Homepage Send ericlboyd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Octa

Eric- I have a quick Faiths and Pantheons question, well maybe not that quick because it is a game balance question. And regards PRCs and Domain abilities.

I understand the Logic to removing advancement in Turn/Remove undead for most of the Divine PRCs, its makes things just too powerfull for most cleric PRCs. But the Domain powers in lots of those PRCs just make sense to advance with caster level. A prime example of this is the Windwalker PRC, I'm thinking of letting the Turn/Rebuke Air ability stack with cleric levels. Do you think this is imbalancing??


That sounds fine.

quote:
I guess in the end I am probably in favor of actually allowing for advancement of all domain abilities with caster level.

Anyways, thanks so much for the answer on Selunnara.



Glad to help.

--Eric

--
http://www.ericlboyd.com/dnd/
Go to Top of Page

Skeptic
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1273 Posts

Posted - 18 May 2006 :  20:35:26  Show Profile Send Skeptic a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi,

After discovering this "Sleep of Ages" jewel, I returned to Drizzt's guide to Underdark..

Do you know why Ilt'Zokir was not included in 3E Underdark ? Or maybe I should try with Rich Baker ?

With Zokir's "emmisary" (Vaxall) one of the important character behind the Banite presence around the Lake, it's a bit strange that it was not at least briefly mentioned.

Go to Top of Page

ericlboyd
Forgotten Realms Designer

USA
1253 Posts

Posted - 18 May 2006 :  23:07:53  Show Profile  Visit ericlboyd's Homepage Send ericlboyd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Skeptic

Hi,

After discovering this "Sleep of Ages" jewel, I returned to Drizzt's guide to Underdark..


Glad you liked it.

quote:
Do you know why Ilt'Zokir was not included in 3E Underdark ? Or maybe I should try with Rich Baker ?

With Zokir's "emmisary" (Vaxall) one of the important character behind the Banite presence around the Lake, it's a bit strange that it was not at least briefly mentioned.


No idea. Ask Rich.

--
http://www.ericlboyd.com/dnd/
Go to Top of Page

Purple Dragon Knight
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1792 Posts

Posted - 21 May 2006 :  20:38:50  Show Profile  Click to see Purple Dragon Knight's MSN Messenger address Send Purple Dragon Knight a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Eric,

My players are halfway through the Halls of Harsh Reflections, and they have unmasked the Unseen infiltration throughout Waterdeep, bringing all papers and documents to the City Watch. A few questions in relation to that:

1. Did the Unseen mention their organization by name anywhere in all the documents found in Telakin's lair? (or did the PC just uncovered useful info in regards to the extent and specificity of the infiltration? does the Unseen organization has a 'policy' of never mentioning their brotherhood's name, members' true names, and do they only assign missions verbally so as not to leave a paper trail?)

2. Now that the PCs have passed all that info to the Watch, which was reviewed by a Magister as the PCs had to appear in court on a non-related matter, thus reducing their sentence by half, do you think that:
i) The info would most likely be snatched back/covered up by members of the Unseen in disguise (i.e. what's the level of infiltration here? is is that bad?)
ii) The info would immediately come to the attention of the Lords, which would put the Gray Hands on the matter, and perhaps enlist the PCs in the Gray Hands?
iii) The info would come to the attention of the Moonstars, Harpers or other good organizations? (i.e. the PCs are most likely to leave Waterdeep when their business is concluded there, and I've been trying to introduce them to secret 'good' organizations as they have reached 9th level and are most likely capable enough to attract the attention of valorous brotherhoods)
iv) The info or the PC's existence and potential threat would come to be known by other evil organizations throughout Waterdeep, and if so, which ones are most likely to get wind of that in your opinion?

Sorry for the long string of questions, but any guidance or opinion would be welcomed at this stage of my campaign.

NOTE: As an aside, one of the PC (a gnomish businessman) has come to the attention of Elaith Craulnobur. The gnome has taken a gnomish merchant 'princess' from the Dragonjaw Mountains under his wing (she's his cohort now). However the gnome is unaware of her past, which involved her in a coup against a large duergar mercantile caravan in the Underdark (she was part of a strikeforce that decimated the caravan, and she and other gnomes have profited immensely from the loot). She is known to Elaith (I have not decided the reason, but would he be above sponsoring/investing in Underdark trade? )

I welcome the input of any scribe on that one!
Go to Top of Page

Asgetrion
Master of Realmslore

Finland
1564 Posts

Posted - 26 May 2006 :  08:09:30  Show Profile  Visit Asgetrion's Homepage Send Asgetrion a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ericlboyd

quote:
Originally posted by Skeptic

Hi,

After discovering this "Sleep of Ages" jewel, I returned to Drizzt's guide to Underdark..


Glad you liked it.

quote:
Do you know why Ilt'Zokir was not included in 3E Underdark ? Or maybe I should try with Rich Baker ?

With Zokir's "emmisary" (Vaxall) one of the important character behind the Banite presence around the Lake, it's a bit strange that it was not at least briefly mentioned.


No idea. Ask Rich.



Eric, I also like to thank you for this module, since it has also played a big role in our longest-running campaign (in which we are about to play your recent Dungeon modules next ;).

We freed the sleeping Knights to battle the eye tyrants of the Alimir hive and their Cyricist allies (Banites in recent Realmslore, I guess).

As a player, my two favorite Dungeon adventures of all time have been Eye of Myrkul and Sleep of Ages. They both have interesting twists, and contain so much juicy and fluffy Realmslore for DMs to heap on their players.

"What am I doing today? Ask me tomorrow - I can be sure of giving you the right answer then."
-- Askarran of Selgaunt, Master Sage, speaking to a curious merchant, Year of the Helm
Go to Top of Page

Asgetrion
Master of Realmslore

Finland
1564 Posts

Posted - 26 May 2006 :  08:14:12  Show Profile  Visit Asgetrion's Homepage Send Asgetrion a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Eric,

I noticed that there is going to be a sourcebook called Faiths of Eber-Whatsit published this year. Has there been any official talk about Faiths of Faerūn?

I really would love to see you and Ed write such a book, concentrating on rituals, daily duties, new heresies, campaign ideas, etc. Sort of like a combination between Power of Faerun and Faiths and Pantheons

"What am I doing today? Ask me tomorrow - I can be sure of giving you the right answer then."
-- Askarran of Selgaunt, Master Sage, speaking to a curious merchant, Year of the Helm
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High
Moderator

Australia
31688 Posts

Posted - 26 May 2006 :  08:21:48  Show Profile  Send The Sage an AOL message  Click to see The Sage's MSN Messenger address  Send The Sage a Yahoo! Message Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ed's talked about the lack, from both TSR and WotC, of support for an FR tome dealing with deity rituals and the like -- given the *sensitive* content some of the more "intriguing" deities will cover -- like Loviatar's clergy for example.

It's something myself, Kuje and a number of other scribes have been clamoring for... for so very long now. Ed manages to share what he can though through his replies here at Candlekeep.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage

Edited by - The Sage on 26 May 2006 08:23:04
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 26 May 2006 :  17:54:46  Show Profile  Send Kuje an AOL message  Click to see Kuje's MSN Messenger address  Send Kuje a Yahoo! Message Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

Ed's talked about the lack, from both TSR and WotC, of support for an FR tome dealing with deity rituals and the like -- given the *sensitive* content some of the more "intriguing" deities will cover -- like Loviatar's clergy for example.

It's something myself, Kuje and a number of other scribes have been clamoring for... for so very long now. Ed manages to share what he can though through his replies here at Candlekeep.




Sigh,

Someday maybe we can get Ed to give us more. :)

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

My Goodreads page: http://www.goodreads.com/kuje

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium
Go to Top of Page

Trace_Coburn
Learned Scribe

New Zealand
137 Posts

Posted - 30 May 2006 :  13:59:50  Show Profile  Visit Trace_Coburn's Homepage Send Trace_Coburn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Eric, I'm curious about a point in the (outstanding!) "Prestige of the Realms" .pdf file I downloaded from your site a couple of months ago. I'd address it to Thomas Costa directly, as 'tis one of his creations I need clarified, but sadly that worthy has no scroll of his own.

In the discussion of the kyorlin velve PrC there's a new (OGL) drow weapon called the shyrlass, described as being a variant rapier yet classed as a one-handed, martial, slashing weapon. Is a character specifically given proficiency with the rapier (for example, an elf or a bard) also considered proficient with the shyrlass, or are the techniques sufficiently divergent to constitute different proficiencies?

My own gut feeling is the two weapons have two different and distinct fighting styles - but I've certainly been wrong before....

D&D collection: Player's Handbook, Dungeon Master's Guide, Monster Manual I, Complete Arcane, Arms & Equipment Guide.

FR sourcebook collection: Dragons of Faerūn, Faiths & Pantheons, FRCS, Lords of Darkness, Monsters of Faerūn, Player's Guide to Faerūn, Power of Faerūn, Races of Faerūn, Silver Marches.

I just got back into this, okay? Give me time (or better yet money) - I'll catch up soon enough.
Go to Top of Page

Snotlord
Senior Scribe

Norway
476 Posts

Posted - 30 May 2006 :  17:16:13  Show Profile  Visit Snotlord's Homepage Send Snotlord a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey Eric,

Who operates the hoist in the South Seacaves in Waterdeep?

Great book I'm always looking forward to your next book.

Edited by - Snotlord on 30 May 2006 17:17:28
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief
Moderator

USA
30019 Posts

Posted - 30 May 2006 :  17:32:41  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Trace_Coburn

Eric, I'm curious about a point in the (outstanding!) "Prestige of the Realms" .pdf file I downloaded from your site a couple of months ago. I'd address it to Thomas Costa directly, as 'tis one of his creations I need clarified, but sadly that worthy has no scroll of his own.

In the discussion of the kyorlin velve PrC there's a new (OGL) drow weapon called the shyrlass, described as being a variant rapier yet classed as a one-handed, martial, slashing weapon. Is a character specifically given proficiency with the rapier (for example, an elf or a bard) also considered proficient with the shyrlass, or are the techniques sufficiently divergent to constitute different proficiencies?

My own gut feeling is the two weapons have two different and distinct fighting styles - but I've certainly been wrong before....




I'd go with it being a different proficiency... I've seen a couple of fantasy novels where someone picked up a weapon other than their usual, and the different way of wielding it threw them off. And at least one of those novels did specifically have a rapier-wielder using a slashing weapon instead of his normal poking weapon.

And, for those who aren't familiar with the document Trace is referring to, here's the link:
Tom Costa's Prestige in the Realms

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Editor and scribe for The Candlekeep Compendium

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!

Edited by - Wooly Rupert on 30 May 2006 17:33:22
Go to Top of Page

TomCosta
Forgotten Realms Designer

USA
419 Posts

Posted - 30 May 2006 :  20:30:06  Show Profile Send TomCosta a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Trace,

Tom here. They are definitely two different weapons. I visualized the shyrlass as a cross between a katana and a rapier for whatever its worth, with the idea that drow would have as much dedication to crafting a weapon as any Japanese swordsmith and develop a sword that would benefit from their high dexterity and keen minds as well as their innate cruelty, thus the katana of rapiers if you will. I actually considered making it an exotic weapon and hemmed and hawed about doing so.

As a side note, some have suggested that of all the PrCs in the file, that the kyorlin velve is a little broken and that the Con damage ability should be scaled back. I'm not sure I agree given all of the requirements for entry, but take it for what it's worth.

*********************
Eric, I'm curious about a point in the (outstanding!) "Prestige of the Realms" .pdf file I downloaded from your site a couple of months ago. I'd address it to Thomas Costa directly, as 'tis one of his creations I need clarified, but sadly that worthy has no scroll of his own.

In the discussion of the kyorlin velve PrC there's a new (OGL) drow weapon called the shyrlass, described as being a variant rapier yet classed as a one-handed, martial, slashing weapon. Is a character specifically given proficiency with the rapier (for example, an elf or a bard) also considered proficient with the shyrlass, or are the techniques sufficiently divergent to constitute different proficiencies?

My own gut feeling is the two weapons have two different and distinct fighting styles - but I've certainly been wrong before....
Go to Top of Page

Trace_Coburn
Learned Scribe

New Zealand
137 Posts

Posted - 31 May 2006 :  16:16:57  Show Profile  Visit Trace_Coburn's Homepage Send Trace_Coburn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TomCosta

Trace,

Tom here. They are definitely two different weapons. I visualized the shyrlass as a cross between a katana and a rapier for whatever its worth, with the idea that drow would have as much dedication to crafting a weapon as any Japanese swordsmith and develop a sword that would benefit from their high dexterity and keen minds as well as their innate cruelty, thus the katana of rapiers if you will. I actually considered making it an exotic weapon and hemmed and hawed about doing so.

As a side note, some have suggested that of all the PrCs in the file, that the kyorlin velve is a little broken and that the Con damage ability should be scaled back. I'm not sure I agree given all of the requirements for entry, but take it for what it's worth.
Much obliged to the pair of you - both for the clarification, and for the (bonus!) insight into the weapon's origin, which should add a nice little touch of... texture to its use.

[Mad Max]Y'all have a nice day! [/Mad Max]

D&D collection: Player's Handbook, Dungeon Master's Guide, Monster Manual I, Complete Arcane, Arms & Equipment Guide.

FR sourcebook collection: Dragons of Faerūn, Faiths & Pantheons, FRCS, Lords of Darkness, Monsters of Faerūn, Player's Guide to Faerūn, Power of Faerūn, Races of Faerūn, Silver Marches.

I just got back into this, okay? Give me time (or better yet money) - I'll catch up soon enough.
Go to Top of Page

Asgetrion
Master of Realmslore

Finland
1564 Posts

Posted - 03 Jun 2006 :  10:59:02  Show Profile  Visit Asgetrion's Homepage Send Asgetrion a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Eric,

I am certainly going to use Eldreth Veluuthra "double agents" such as the one who has infiltrated the ranks of the Night Masks .Would they see it important to have an agent within the ranks of the Zhentarim? What goals might such an agent have?

Also, would you see it possible that the EV might ally themselves with the orcs and half-orcs of The Broken Sword? BS seeks to restore "The Green Time" (as described in Polyhedron) and their aims and means seem to be very similar to those of the EV...

"What am I doing today? Ask me tomorrow - I can be sure of giving you the right answer then."
-- Askarran of Selgaunt, Master Sage, speaking to a curious merchant, Year of the Helm
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4569 Posts

Posted - 04 Jun 2006 :  05:13:47  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Umm Eric Ive found a nasty Fat mess of an inconcistency in Powers and Pantheons and Demihuman Deities. The Fat mess in question responds to the name of Orcus specficly a certain Wand that bears his name.

In Demihuman Deities under Kiransalee you wrote "and hid the legendary Wand of Orcus where none could ever find it---- Or so she thought"

In Powers and Pantheons under Tiamat you wrote "Just as the battered Tiamat readied to return to Unther in Triumph , she was attacked in her lair in the Outer Planes by a company powerful mortals at the bequest of her ancient Bahamut. In the battle, Tiamat's sole remaining avatar is destroyed. The mortals returned in triumph to Damara...."

The powerful mortals are of cause Gareth Dragonsbane and his party completing H4 Throne of Bloodstone. They kill Tiamat with the sole purpose of destroying the Wand of Orcus and they infact take a piece of the Wand of Orcus back to Damara and it becomes the seed for the Tree that keeps Demons out of that land...

Now both Gareth AND Kiaransalee cant of destroyed/hidden it the Wand of Orcus. When Gareth destroyed it by stuffing it into Tiamats heart it would taken Orcus 100 years to create a new one (Which means no Wand until at least 1459DR)

The new cosmology opens another can of worms with Orcus alledged return in the Planescape modules which doesnt work in the Realms as the Great wheel doesnt exist in Realms cosmology how can Orcus do his March of the Modrons when neither they nor Mechanus exist.

I notice in Demihuman deities you dont actually say Orcus is alive only that he might be.

In 3ed weve got Orcus mention in sources, a Cleric in Unapproachable East and a line in the monster table of Faithes and Pantheons

Something else I found in Bloodstone lands on pages 6-7 "With the defeat of the demon-lord the witch-king lost the source of his dark power. Castle Perilpus crumbled into ruins, the priests of the goat head religion lost their strength..."

Now that to me means Orcus divine spell granting ability was tied up in his Wand and when it was destroyed Orcus lost the power to grant spells and wont get it back until he can replace it, so no clerics of Orcus for at least 100 years


“I am the King of Rome, and above grammar”

Emperor Sigismund

"Its good to be the King!"

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

TomCosta
Forgotten Realms Designer

USA
419 Posts

Posted - 05 Jun 2006 :  18:36:17  Show Profile Send TomCosta a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm not Eric, and he can correct me if I'm wrong, but he's often said that time for the gods is different than time for mortals, thus the inability to date the Dawn Cataclysm. The same could easily be true for the events surrounding Orcus.

That said, perhaps as Orcus ascended to godhood, so to did his wand, if you will. In that, as Orcus was only seemingly destroyed and reduced to becoming Tenebrous, so to was his wand only seemingly destroyed, with a vestigal shadow of its former self still to be found in the Multiverse.

As for the cosmological change, why not just change which planes some of the events occurred on? At a minimum, there still appear to be connections between the different cosmologies through Shadow (or is it the Ethereal), and there is no reason the modrons couldn't have marched that way. As for the very presence of modrons, there's no reason they shouldn't exist if all the other outsiders exist somewhere in the new Realms cosmology. Perhaps they are an aspect of Gond's cogworks. But that said, with new planes being created in the War of the Spider Queen for example or Cyric's seemingly taking one plane, Limbo or Pandemonium (it's unclear which) and turning it into the Shattered Throne, there's no reason we can't postulate that other core planes did not somewhere along the way exist in the Realms cosmology before being morphed into something new.
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4569 Posts

Posted - 05 Jun 2006 :  22:38:04  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TomCosta

I'm not Eric, and he can correct me if I'm wrong, but he's often said that time for the gods is different than time for mortals, thus the inability to date the Dawn Cataclysm. The same could easily be true for the events surrounding Orcus.

That said, perhaps as Orcus ascended to godhood, so to did his wand, if you will. In that, as Orcus was only seemingly destroyed and reduced to becoming Tenebrous, so to was his wand only seemingly destroyed, with a vestigal shadow of its former self still to be found in the Multiverse.

As for the cosmological change, why not just change which planes some of the events occurred on? At a minimum, there still appear to be connections between the different cosmologies through Shadow (or is it the Ethereal), and there is no reason the modrons couldn't have marched that way. As for the very presence of modrons, there's no reason they shouldn't exist if all the other outsiders exist somewhere in the new Realms cosmology. Perhaps they are an aspect of Gond's cogworks. But that said, with new planes being created in the War of the Spider Queen for example or Cyric's seemingly taking one plane, Limbo or Pandemonium (it's unclear which) and turning it into the Shattered Throne, there's no reason we can't postulate that other core planes did not somewhere along the way exist in the Realms cosmology before being morphed into something new.



Richard Baker killed that idea a while ago in the ask Rich Baker thread at WOTC

Not only is the FRs Cosmology (As presented in the Players guide to Faerun) the cosmology of Faerun but its has ALWAYS been that way ie Mechanus, Limbo and Pandemonium and the other planes of the GReat Wheel have NEVER existed in the FR cosmology.

The biggest point against Orcus being brought back is the death of Greyhawk Lolth

In Greyhawk cannon Lolth was killed by a party of adventurers but this had absolutely no effect on FR Lolth. This is how Orcus should be viewed in the FR hes dead and the events of the Modron march ressurected him in Planescape but not the FR

As for Time being different in the way youve suggested I dont think that would work Time when stated in D&D with relationship to fiends has always meant "Prime Material" standard time not "Planar time" the best documented example of this is the death of the Balor Errtu in RA Salvatores novel the Crystal shard the Demon was banished from Faerun for 100 Faerunian years

“I am the King of Rome, and above grammar”

Emperor Sigismund

"Its good to be the King!"

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

TomCosta
Forgotten Realms Designer

USA
419 Posts

Posted - 05 Jun 2006 :  23:48:05  Show Profile Send TomCosta a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Rich also said they wouldn't be adding more gods, and they have and continue to do so. We also keep seeing other author's sneak in references to the old cosmology in both novels and game products. I think we have enough ambiguity to argue just about anything, regardless of Rich's very firm stand some time back..
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 06 Jun 2006 :  00:22:59  Show Profile  Send Kuje an AOL message  Click to see Kuje's MSN Messenger address  Send Kuje a Yahoo! Message Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TomCosta

Rich also said they wouldn't be adding more gods, and they have and continue to do so. We also keep seeing other author's sneak in references to the old cosmology in both novels and game products. I think we have enough ambiguity to argue just about anything, regardless of Rich's very firm stand some time back..



This is what I've tried to explain to Dargoth in the Orcus thread, here on Keep, that spawned his question to Eric. :)

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

My Goodreads page: http://www.goodreads.com/kuje

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium
Go to Top of Page

Octa
Learned Scribe

USA
138 Posts

Posted - 06 Jun 2006 :  18:44:43  Show Profile  Visit Octa's Homepage Send Octa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Plus you gotta kinda see that thread as the WOTCs attempt to back up some of the stuff they put in print, that latter turns out to cause problems, given the audience I think Rich pretty much has to assume: 'The deep voice of Authority!'
Go to Top of Page

Jorkens
Great Reader

Norway
2950 Posts

Posted - 06 Jun 2006 :  19:09:33  Show Profile Send Jorkens a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I dont know, in most cases I can think of it has been an advantage that the guidelines have been rather loose. With a more heavy handed enforcement of the earlier decisions many of the elements from the earlier editions (gods, planes etc)would have been left out permanently. In many ways its easier to flow with changing design philosophies if the rules are not set in stone, lessening the need for realm-shaking events and "it has allways been like this" changes.

Go to Top of Page

Skeptic
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1273 Posts

Posted - 01 Jul 2006 :  18:39:52  Show Profile Send Skeptic a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi,

A question for the Interactive Atlas expert

What are the Fort Blood and Upparkol locations (I can't find any reference to them) near the Omlarandin moutains ?

BTW, I just ran a 3.5 conversion of Sleep of Ages (modified to suit my campaign). The Order of the Crescent Moon is now looking for a home base.


Edited by - Skeptic on 01 Jul 2006 22:08:17
Go to Top of Page

ericlboyd
Forgotten Realms Designer

USA
1253 Posts

Posted - 01 Jul 2006 :  21:56:29  Show Profile  Visit ericlboyd's Homepage Send ericlboyd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Skeptic

Hi,

A question for the Interactive Atlas expert

What are the Fort Blood and Upparkok locations (I can't find any reference to them) near the Omlarandin moutains ?

BTW, I just ran a 3.5 conversion of Sleep of Ages (modified to suit my campaign). The Order of the Crescent Moon is now looking for a home base.





Hmm. Neither of those sound familiar. I'd check DDGttU (Iltkazar entry and environs), LoI, or EotSS. Come to think of it, it could be a location that was detailed in the "uncut" version of LoI (before the editor got his hands on Steven's copy). I think I included all of those in hopes they might make it into print someday (never did).

--Eric

--
http://www.ericlboyd.com/dnd/
Go to Top of Page

ericlboyd
Forgotten Realms Designer

USA
1253 Posts

Posted - 02 Jul 2006 :  00:02:07  Show Profile  Visit ericlboyd's Homepage Send ericlboyd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Asgetrion

Eric,

I am certainly going to use Eldreth Veluuthra "double agents" such as the one who has infiltrated the ranks of the Night Masks .Would they see it important to have an agent within the ranks of the Zhentarim? What goals might such an agent have?


Yes. Manipulate the Zhenatrim to kill as many humans as possible.

quote:
Also, would you see it possible that the EV might ally themselves with the orcs and half-orcs of The Broken Sword? BS seeks to restore "The Green Time" (as described in Polyhedron) and their aims and means seem to be very similar to those of the EV...



They might manipulate the Broken Sword, but the EV would never truly ally with N'Tel-Quess.

--Eric

--
http://www.ericlboyd.com/dnd/
Go to Top of Page

ericlboyd
Forgotten Realms Designer

USA
1253 Posts

Posted - 02 Jul 2006 :  00:03:30  Show Profile  Visit ericlboyd's Homepage Send ericlboyd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Snotlord

Hey Eric,

Who operates the hoist in the South Seacaves in Waterdeep?

Great book I'm always looking forward to your next book.



I'd assume whatever's said in the Skullport book, unless contradicted by recent events. It's a good point and I should have said something in CoS:W. I'll try to rectify that next time I get the chance.

--Eric

--
http://www.ericlboyd.com/dnd/
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 46 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2017 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000