Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Chamber of Sages
 Questions for Steven Schend
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 65

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4569 Posts

Posted - 07 Sep 2015 :  04:23:10  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey Steve a few quick question (and hopefully a long answer)

How do you think Rhymanthiin would look in the 5ed era?

Who would live their, and what would the city be like 120 years after its refounding and having been through the Spellplague and the Sundering?

“I am the King of Rome, and above grammar”

Emperor Sigismund

"Its good to be the King!"

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

Wrigley
Senior Scribe

Czech Republic
418 Posts

Posted - 20 Jun 2016 :  16:22:02  Show Profile  Visit Wrigley's Homepage Send Wrigley a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello Master Schend.
I would like to ask you a broad question about GHotR. The third of known history is made up by the age of First Flowering but sadly almost nothing happened in that period. Elves came, dwarves came and then Sundering happened... that is basicaly all during ten thousand years. Could you please tell us more about this design decision - why was this era dismissed and still is that long? I find it strange that Ed's original lore would miss such a long period so you will have nothing to build upon.

I understand that elves live in longer lifespan but still this period seems to me unnaturaly stretched and void. I would like to keep my Realms mostly in sinc with canon but currently I am thinking about cutting this period entirely and making crown wars directly after elves arrived to Faerun (it is still 3000 years).
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
4775 Posts

Posted - 21 Jun 2016 :  00:42:53  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wrigley

Hello Master Schend.
I would like to ask you a broad question about GHotR. The third of known history is made up by the age of First Flowering but sadly almost nothing happened in that period. Elves came, dwarves came and then Sundering happened... that is basicaly all during ten thousand years. Could you please tell us more about this design decision - why was this era dismissed and still is that long? I find it strange that Ed's original lore would miss such a long period so you will have nothing to build upon.

I understand that elves live in longer lifespan but still this period seems to me unnaturaly stretched and void. I would like to keep my Realms mostly in sinc with canon but currently I am thinking about cutting this period entirely and making crown wars directly after elves arrived to Faerun (it is still 3000 years).

I'm intrigued as to why this irks you so much that you want "cut" the period entirely. Other than the fact that you don't like the lack of detail (which you are free to flesh out yourself I might add), how can this chunk of history affect your game or campaign in any meaningful way? Just curious is all ...

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Wrigley
Senior Scribe

Czech Republic
418 Posts

Posted - 21 Jun 2016 :  04:29:35  Show Profile  Visit Wrigley's Homepage Send Wrigley a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Because it doesn't make sense to me. Elves are not known to be peaceful race (quite the opposite) and this long period of nothingness doesn't fit them in the Realms in my perspective. Also I could understand less detail about Age of Thunder as no civilisation from that age is known today (directly). However elves are well around and I do not take that they are so ashamed about Crown Wars that they banned whole 10000 years period of written history.

As GHotR is brought together from different sources so I presume there is no elven sourcebook detailing this period that haven't got mentioned in there (Serpent kingdoms is later book if I am correct).

Reason to cut it entirely is that in my view now this period have no purpose and meaning - hence if removed nothing is changed. only relative impact for me is shorter span of known history but this actualy fits my down cycle theory better as there should be at least one more cycle that is not mentioned anyhow during this period. I have reviewed entire history including creation of Realms and I hope to write it down soon. This is one of the problematic spots I have encountered so I am looking for explanation. Hopefuly I will be able to post it here at Keep someday.
Go to Top of Page

TBeholder
Master of Realmslore

1381 Posts

Posted - 21 Jun 2016 :  07:01:21  Show Profile Send TBeholder a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

However elves are well around and I do not take that they are so ashamed about Crown Wars that they banned whole 10000 years period of written history.

I'm not Steven, but you have missed a few points here.
1) Not all history is written. And it takes what is written to becomes dust much less time than two dozen millennia. Of what little was recorded in a form that could stick around this long (lore-gems), not all actually did, and not all of this is accessible.
So what's left are mostly copies of copies' copies... see two next points on how many of them are likely to be around and how good they can be.
Remember how the Trio Nefarious became a half-forgotten tale to scare children in Cormanthor? It was as "recently" as the late Netheril (after elves stole one set of Nether Scrolls).
2) Elven obsession with their Proud History belongs mostly to the time when their future became so dubious even the elves themselves could see it.
Just like with... almost everyone else, really. Go on, look around.
3) They don't need to "ban" it outright, just indulge in looking the other way, then whitewashing, then wishful thinking a lot, and have the original accounts of events (already biased and then taken out of context) reduced to a pile of stupid fairy tales of self-aggrandizement and lame excuses.
And again, all you need to see how this works is to take a good look around.
The elves were doing exactly this for millennia - resulting, again, in the little miscommunication that brought the Trio Nefarious on their heads the second time (after which more history was lost) - among the other things.

So... yes, practically there's no way of knowing what happened.

People never wonder How the world goes round -Helloween
And even I make no pretense Of having more than common sense -R.W.Wood
It's not good, Eric. It's a gazebo. -Ed Whitchurch
Go to Top of Page

Wrigley
Senior Scribe

Czech Republic
418 Posts

Posted - 21 Jun 2016 :  16:26:38  Show Profile  Visit Wrigley's Homepage Send Wrigley a Private Message  Reply with Quote
With your argument there is no good reason to put ages before that into that book. I was asking mainly for design decision that led to this not pseudo-good explanation of why somebody lost that lore ingame. I have read such theories many times and it still do not hold any merit for scribes here at Candlekeep who are looking for those answers. I do agree that most of this old lore should not be readily available to actual heroes ingame by mere history skillcheck.
Go to Top of Page

hashimashadoo
Master of Realmslore

United Kingdom
1103 Posts

Posted - 22 Jun 2016 :  05:33:12  Show Profile  Visit hashimashadoo's Homepage  Click to see hashimashadoo's MSN Messenger address Send hashimashadoo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, there were a couple of missed events, such as the founding of Selmalyr by the sea elves in -14,000 DR and the creation of the Vast Gate (which was never given even a circa date).

But mostly, I agree with TBeholder. Ancient history gets lost easily. England and Greece both have periods of history that are entirely lost because we can't find any records of the time period.

The Grand History mostly contains recorded lore that has already been published in other works. What wasn't already written was entirely original, never before published stuff - which wasn't, from what I've heard, part of the design brief. Even then, I've got a half a Mb basic .txt file full of published lore that the Grand History missed and/or got wrong and I know for a fact that it doesn't cover everything.

In short, I don't understand your complaint. There's very little missing from the book for that time period. If you expect ancient (even to the elves) history to be just as detailed as more modern history, then write your own lore - contribute to the zeitgeist so to speak. Complaining doesn't HELP anybody. If you think that there's a damn good reason why there should be more ancient lore, then offer constructive criticism rather than asking "why did you even bother?"

When life turns it's back on you...sneak attack for extra damage.

Head admin of the FR wiki:

http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com

Edited by - hashimashadoo on 22 Jun 2016 05:36:56
Go to Top of Page

Wrigley
Senior Scribe

Czech Republic
418 Posts

Posted - 22 Jun 2016 :  21:17:44  Show Profile  Visit Wrigley's Homepage Send Wrigley a Private Message  Reply with Quote
First: it was a design question for Steven Schend and I still hope he will answer someday.
Second: any "why even bother" was only continuation of TBeholders argument that it is old lore so why it should be there. You both remind me of real world history which entirely misses a point - I am asking creator of fantasy setting book about his decision during it's writing. You argue about age of that lore but for us players of RPG it is all the same age (maybe you could differentiate editions).
Go to Top of Page

hashimashadoo
Master of Realmslore

United Kingdom
1103 Posts

Posted - 22 Jun 2016 :  23:26:11  Show Profile  Visit hashimashadoo's Homepage  Click to see hashimashadoo's MSN Messenger address Send hashimashadoo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Real world history is any fantasy author's primary frame of reference. I'm going to leave it at that before the tone degrades any more.

When life turns it's back on you...sneak attack for extra damage.

Head admin of the FR wiki:

http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
4775 Posts

Posted - 23 Jun 2016 :  03:42:02  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

With your argument there is no good reason to put ages before that into that book. I was asking mainly for design decision that led to this not pseudo-good explanation of why somebody lost that lore in game. I have read such theories many times and it still do not hold any merit for scribes here at Candlekeep who are looking for those answers. I do agree that most of this old lore should not be readily available to actual heroes ingame by mere history skillcheck.

The lore gaps you have an issue with first came to light in the "Cormanthyr" sourcebook. Unsurprisingly, the majority of that book was devoted to that region and its history. As that product focused on elves and elven society/culture, Steven being Steven provided back story and historical dates for the founding of the elven kingdoms that participated in the Crown Wars - which is where the detail was devoted.

The design decision wasn't to "not write" about the era you are interested in, it was to write about the era that the product was focused toward and provide as much back story and history as he could fit in about elves in general (and Steven used to cop a whole heap of flak for putting in all this type of material from the powers that were).

So in simple terms: many, many historical events occurred in that era you are interested in, but no sourcebook or product was ever devoted to that time. That's your cue to start filling that gap in the lore. I look forward to seeing what you come up with.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Wrigley
Senior Scribe

Czech Republic
418 Posts

Posted - 23 Jun 2016 :  14:02:30  Show Profile  Visit Wrigley's Homepage Send Wrigley a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you for this answer. I was not sure to which one of you authors to post this, Steven Schend seemed like to best choice.
So the gap was original from older books...however I have found that Mr Schend is also author of Cormanthor book :-) Which only rephrases my question to this older sourcebook - why 10000 years? was this from original Ed's notes?
Go to Top of Page

Steven Schend
Forgotten Realms Designer & Author

USA
1631 Posts

Posted - 26 Jun 2016 :  19:47:15  Show Profile  Visit Steven Schend's Homepage  Send Steven Schend a Yahoo! Message Send Steven Schend a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

quote:

With your argument there is no good reason to put ages before that into that book. I was asking mainly for design decision that led to this not pseudo-good explanation of why somebody lost that lore in game. I have read such theories many times and it still do not hold any merit for scribes here at Candlekeep who are looking for those answers. I do agree that most of this old lore should not be readily available to actual heroes ingame by mere history skillcheck.

The lore gaps you have an issue with first came to light in the "Cormanthyr" sourcebook. Unsurprisingly, the majority of that book was devoted to that region and its history. As that product focused on elves and elven society/culture, Steven being Steven provided back story and historical dates for the founding of the elven kingdoms that participated in the Crown Wars - which is where the detail was devoted.

The design decision wasn't to "not write" about the era you are interested in, it was to write about the era that the product was focused toward and provide as much back story and history as he could fit in about elves in general (and Steven used to cop a whole heap of flak for putting in all this type of material from the powers that were).

So in simple terms: many, many historical events occurred in that era you are interested in, but no sourcebook or product was ever devoted to that time. That's your cue to start filling that gap in the lore. I look forward to seeing what you come up with.

-- George Krashos

George nails the answer perfectly, as always. Thanks pal. :)

Wrigley, the primary reason to skip over large swathes of history comes from a few reasons:

1) Not every time period has events and activities that are either deemed important or apporpriate for future generations. This could be anything from the drudgery and boredom of "We explored from here to here this year." to "We learned how to eradicate this native race and we don't want folks to remember we did this so let's gloss over it."

2) I can't recall at this time, but it might have had something to do with Ed's original timelines and histories. He'd be the one to answer that definitively, but I'll admit that it was never my intent to fully flesh out every era of history--just those we needed that applied toward the games we were building then.

3) Much of the historical fleshing out I did (as George noted) was tailored toward what we needed a product to do. If an era is left untouched or undetailed, it's either for lack of interest, lack of need, or perhaps we're just leaving elbow room for the GMs to fill those gaps.

4) Specifically, why 10,000 years? I suspect it had more to do with working timelines out backward from FR present to whatever time frames had been previously set by lore and adding any logic or guesstimates as to how quickly things might have happened. I suspect I had to work with a set number of elven eras and a timeframe that had to fit previous lore, and that's why things worked out the way they did.

Hope that helped answer your query, Wrigley.

SES

For current projects and general natter, see www.steveneschend.com
Go to Top of Page

Steven Schend

USA
1631 Posts

Posted - 26 Jun 2016 :  19:52:42  Show Profile  Visit Steven Schend's Homepage  Send Steven Schend a Yahoo! Message Send Steven Schend a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

quote:

-- George Krashos

Damn system erased a longer response and I'm out of time, so here's the short and sweet:

10,000 years probably chosen because I usually built my histories backwards from present times to fit any previously pubbed lore and then adding some logic to ensure there's wiggle room for the proper development in terms of magic, tech, whatever.

George's response, as always, is spot on and if I disappear again for a while, know that I trust his responses and thoughts on lore more than my own.

The timeframes and timelines MIGHT have been preset by Ed's histories or timelines, but I can't recall right now.

Large swathes of history are left blank for a few reasons:

Little of interest happened (exploring, farming, building civilizations, etc.)

Something happened that people wish to forget (eradicating native tribes or something)

Whomever's history you're reading applies only to what's important to said culture/person. Thus, Cormanthan histories will willfully ignore much of what southern elf tribes got up to, etc.

Steven

Go to Top of Page

Steven Schend

USA
1631 Posts

Posted - 26 Jun 2016 :  19:56:10  Show Profile  Visit Steven Schend's Homepage  Send Steven Schend a Yahoo! Message Send Steven Schend a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dargoth

Hey Steve a few quick question (and hopefully a long answer)

How do you think Rhymanthiin would look in the 5ed era?

Who would live their, and what would the city be like 120 years after its refounding and having been through the Spellplague and the Sundering?

Look won't have changed much in such a short span of time, but it would be populated a bit more by now, even if not exposed or revealed to the outer world.

The green zone of healthy vegetation would have expanded a bit, but I can't remember what speed I'd set its growth at--even after a century and perhaps an increase of a 10' radius per year, that's only expanding by the size of two football fields in a century, so the biggest visual changes notable by Rhymanthiin would most likely be the changes to the lake in which one of the sentry towers rests.

Alas, brain fried, so I can't think of much more right off hand. If more bubbles up, I'll let ye know.

Steven

Go to Top of Page

Wrigley
Senior Scribe

Czech Republic
418 Posts

Posted - 28 Jun 2016 :  14:17:36  Show Profile  Visit Wrigley's Homepage Send Wrigley a Private Message  Reply with Quote
thank you for your answers and to all others as well (especialy GK).
To the "nothing happened" theory - that is what I see as a problem - I can believe this with sarrukh or batrachi before them - they hybernate for looong time but elves do no such thing and it is obvious from later ages that they do not let time just flow - they are ambitious race.
Go to Top of Page

Steven Schend

USA
1631 Posts

Posted - 28 Jun 2016 :  20:51:32  Show Profile  Visit Steven Schend's Homepage  Send Steven Schend a Yahoo! Message Send Steven Schend a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

thank you for your answers and to all others as well (especialy GK).
To the "nothing happened" theory - that is what I see as a problem - I can believe this with sarrukh or batrachi before them - they hybernate for looong time but elves do no such thing and it is obvious from later ages that they do not let time just flow - they are ambitious race.

It's less a matter of "nothing happened" and more a "nothing INTERESTING OR OF HISTORICAL INTEREST happened," to be clear.

Very few histories cover the development of basic technological milestones save their importance or use in other more notable incidents (I.E. developing chariots and bows for speedier, more dangerous battles/armies & their first use in battles where they made a difference)

Go to Top of Page

kysus
Learned Scribe

USA
83 Posts

Posted - 30 Jun 2016 :  01:18:09  Show Profile  Visit kysus's Homepage  Send kysus an AOL message Send kysus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Mr. Schend I had some questions concerning the fall of myth Drannor book and i was hoping you could give me some insight into it. In the book on page 21 there is mention of a tiny elven realm called Kerymiir, given its location in the north western part of the forest between Voolnar and the dagger hills makes me think it was once part of Rystall woods and when the 12 nights of fire happened it got separated and though not feeling it had any close ties to the other elven realms in Cormanthor as it did with Rystall woods choose instead to form its own minor realm. Im not sure how much information you had on Kerymiir beyond the name, but if i could get your thoughts on this minor realm.
Also it is mentioned that the army of darkness looted the realm of most of its treasures and from what I can gather during the early campaigns at least they only did that when they found treasure of use in their war against the elves, was there any sort of unique magic that Kerymiir had access to spellbooks, baubles, or weapons that Aulmpiter wanted or is that just me reading to much into that passage.
Any information would be much appreciated and thank you for your time in answering the communities questions.
Go to Top of Page

Lhynard
Acolyte

USA
12 Posts

Posted - 23 Jul 2016 :  22:55:36  Show Profile  Visit Lhynard's Homepage Send Lhynard a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm a recently new DM to D&D. I started 3.5 years ago, and my tale began in Tethyr and Calimshan. Wanting to be well-prepared, I purchased the old 2e Lands of Intrigue, Empires of the Shining Sea, and Calimport sourcebooks. First, you are definitely my favorite sourcebook writer. I appreciate the detail you put into all of your characters; even when they appear "minor", you clearly had thought about their backstories.

Anyhow, I am now one of the admins at the Forgotten Realms wikia. I've written a lot of the newer articles about the history and geography and the people of the Lands of Intrigue. I was hoping you could answer some questions about the Rhindaun Dynasty (mostly).

1. I know from Dragon #365 that Sybille Rhindaun, Zaranda's 1st daughter, did in fact become queen. Do you know the dates of her reign?

2. I know from your novel Blackstaff Tower that a Cyriana was queen of Tethyr (p. 248). Did Zaranda's 2nd daughter become queen after her sister's death? Or was this a different Cyriana?

3. Was King Errilam, mentioned in the same book of royal blood also? Errilam was one of Haedrak's middle names and was one of the famous kings of the Lions' Dynasty. It seems odd that Cyriana would marry someone else of royal blood, since Haedrak was the last of that line.

4. Which of the Thanns did Mynda Gyrfalcon-Thann marry? Was it perhaps Zelphar's son? If so, did Zelphar finally marry Perendra?

5. Was Mynda Gyrfalcon-Thann the daughter of Arn and Lara, making her the granddaughter of Gamalon and making her named after her grandmother?

Thanks in advance!

Edited by - Lhynard on 23 Jul 2016 22:57:08
Go to Top of Page

Bruce Donohue
Learned Scribe

Canada
129 Posts

Posted - 21 Aug 2016 :  13:33:04  Show Profile  Send Bruce Donohue a Yahoo! Message Send Bruce Donohue a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello Steven,

I will through this question out there and see what happens, maybe George will answer first, lol

Rhymanthiin, can you speculate what the influence of the Dark Elves return was on the city? How did the city effect them and how did their influx on the City effect it?

With the Eilistraee's return to the Realms, has bardic academies that she was famous for when she was at her height in Miyeritar returned in the spirit of her golden age?

How much of the history, lore, traditions, of what the Dark Elves were been remembered? Have the Sharn that were Dark Elves that didn't return to transform themselves in elves because they would have been drow, tought the newly returned Dark Elves of their language, their past, and High Magic?
What can you tell us Khelben and Laeral's son's life after the return until now? Is he even alive?
Go to Top of Page

Bruce Donohue
Learned Scribe

Canada
129 Posts

Posted - 21 Aug 2016 :  13:52:38  Show Profile  Send Bruce Donohue a Yahoo! Message Send Bruce Donohue a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Will we see you dive into the Ed's new world of Stormtalon's?
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
4775 Posts

Posted - 28 Aug 2016 :  15:25:23  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lhynard

I'm a recently new DM to D&D. I started 3.5 years ago, and my tale began in Tethyr and Calimshan. Wanting to be well-prepared, I purchased the old 2e Lands of Intrigue, Empires of the Shining Sea, and Calimport sourcebooks. First, you are definitely my favorite sourcebook writer. I appreciate the detail you put into all of your characters; even when they appear "minor", you clearly had thought about their backstories.

Anyhow, I am now one of the admins at the Forgotten Realms wikia. I've written a lot of the newer articles about the history and geography and the people of the Lands of Intrigue. I was hoping you could answer some questions about the Rhindaun Dynasty (mostly).

1. I know from Dragon #365 that Sybille Rhindaun, Zaranda's 1st daughter, did in fact become queen. Do you know the dates of her reign?

I'll help Steven out here as he's likely super busy and can't trawl through his "stuff" (which I've been trying to collate and tidy up lately). Note that this information all comes from Steven's feverishly brilliant mind but has never been made "official" by WotC, as far as I know.

Queen Sybille II ascended to the throne of Tethyr in 1397 DR.

quote:

2. I know from your novel Blackstaff Tower that a Cyriana was queen of Tethyr (p. 248). Did Zaranda's 2nd daughter become queen after her sister's death? Or was this a different Cyriana?

Queen Cyriana III ascended to the throne of Tethyr in 1445 DR. She was the daughter of Prince Nishan, son and second child of Queen Sybille, and succeeded her aunt Zaranda, who reigned as Zaranda II from 1422 DR.

quote:

3. Was King Errilam, mentioned in the same book of royal blood also? Errilam was one of Haedrak's middle names and was one of the famous kings of the Lions' Dynasty. It seems odd that Cyriana would marry someone else of royal blood, since Haedrak was the last of that line.

There's no surname for Errilam. I would hazard that he was a Tethyrian nobleman named Errilam, and not of royal blood but only Steven can confirm that.

quote:

4. Which of the Thanns did Mynda Gyrfalcon-Thann marry? Was it perhaps Zelphar's son? If so, did Zelphar finally marry Perendra?

She married Kheldrak Thann, oldest son of Zelphar Thann and the Court Vizera Perendra Raslemtar. So the answer to your second question is "yes".

quote:

5. Was Mynda Gyrfalcon-Thann the daughter of Arn and Lara, making her the granddaughter of Gamalon and making her named after her grandmother?

Yes.

-- George Krashos

Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
4775 Posts

Posted - 28 Aug 2016 :  16:08:18  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bruce Donohue

What can you tell us Khelben and Laeral's son's life after the return until now? Is he even alive?

Krehlan Arunsun succeded Kyriani Agrivar as Blackstaff of Waterdeep. His fate is mentioned on p.156 of the novel "Blackstaff Tower".

As for the other questions, they are way out of my league.

-- George Krashos

Edited by - George Krashos on 28 Aug 2016 16:08:42
Go to Top of Page

Lhynard
Acolyte

USA
12 Posts

Posted - 28 Aug 2016 :  18:45:09  Show Profile  Visit Lhynard's Homepage Send Lhynard a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wow! Thanks so much, George.

One more question: do you know anything about Queen Anais, who ruled Tethyr as late as 1489 DR (5e)? Is she the daughter of Cyriana III?
Go to Top of Page

Lhynard
Acolyte

USA
12 Posts

Posted - 28 Aug 2016 :  21:00:38  Show Profile  Visit Lhynard's Homepage Send Lhynard a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I lied; I have yet another related question:

Is Princess Zandra, on page 249 of Blackstaff Tower, Cyriana III's daughter or sister?
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
4775 Posts

Posted - 29 Aug 2016 :  14:10:20  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lhynard

Wow! Thanks so much, George.

One more question: do you know anything about Queen Anais, who ruled Tethyr as late as 1489 DR (5e)? Is she the daughter of Cyriana III?

Steven's family tree doesn't reference the 4E lore and I suspect was written well prior to the release of the 4E FRCS.

I have done some padding and further work to it and have Queen Anais as the daughter of Queen Cyriana III and her consort Errilam Linden. She is born in 1445 DR and comes to the throne in 1460 DR (Tethyr has a history of young monarchs).

Princess Zandra is the daughter of Prince Coram, brother to Queen Sybille II. She was born in 1399 DR and became Court Vizera at the age of 70 with the death of Mynda in 1469 DR.

-- George Krashos

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 65 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2017 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000