Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Chamber of Sages
 Questions for Steven Schend
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 57

Mazrim_Taim
Learned Scribe

341 Posts

Posted - 01 Aug 2006 :  06:00:12  Show Profile  Visit Mazrim_Taim's Homepage Send Mazrim_Taim a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dagnirion

-Steve, I was wondering...Does this mean that the Sharn no longer exist? Did ALL of the Sharn revert to what they were previously?

As stated in Blackstaff, not all Sharn underwent the transformation from Sharn to their original forms. I believe this is stated near the end of the novel. As they are still needed to root out corrupt magic. It also mentioned that one of the defenses of the city is that Sharn can materialize out of the buildings.

Anyways, just wanted to say once again that I loved the novel. It has to be one of my favorites of all time. I also asked a question in another thread about the novel concerning Sememmon and Ashemmi.

"A question. What exactly did Khelben mean when he said that Sememmon and Ashemmi were bound for far more than this gambit? Does this imply a future novel about them?"

Thanks.

And if the PCs DO win their ways through all the liches to Larloch, “he” will almost certainly be just another lich (loaded with explosive spells) set up as a decoy, with dozens of hidden liches waiting to pounce on any surviving PCs who ‘celebrate’ after they take Larloch down. As the REAL Larloch watches (magical scrying) from afar. Myself, as DM, I’d be wondering: “Such a glorious game, so many opportunities laid out before your PCs to devote your time to, and THIS fixation is the best you can come up with? Are you SURE you’re adventurers?” -Ed Greenwood
Go to Top of Page

Lord Karsus
Great Reader

USA
3736 Posts

Posted - 01 Aug 2006 :  06:48:09  Show Profile Send Lord Karsus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mazrim_Taim

quote:

-Steve, I was wondering...Does this mean that the Sharn no longer exist? Did ALL of the Sharn revert to what they were previously?

As stated in Blackstaff, not all Sharn underwent the transformation from Sharn to their original forms. I believe this is stated near the end of the novel. As they are still needed to root out corrupt magic. It also mentioned that one of the defenses of the city is that Sharn can materialize out of the buildings.

-Gotcha. Must've read over those few lines.

(A Tri-Partite Arcanist Who Has Forgotten More Than Most Will Ever Know)

Elves of Faerûn
Vol I- The Elves of Faerûn
Vol. III- Spells of the Elves
Vol. VI- Mechanical Compendium
Go to Top of Page

Steven Schend
Forgotten Realms Designer & Author

USA
1705 Posts

Posted - 01 Aug 2006 :  14:25:29  Show Profile  Visit Steven Schend's Homepage Send Steven Schend a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mazrim_Taim

quote:

Anyways, just wanted to say once again that I loved the novel. It has to be one of my favorites of all time. I also asked a question in another thread about the novel concerning Sememmon and Ashemmi.

"A question. What exactly did Khelben mean when he said that Sememmon and Ashemmi were bound for far more than this gambit? Does this imply a future novel about them?"

Thanks.

Sharn still exist, but how they'll act is unknown; they're now all one unified mind again but they're aware that they're one people--the former dark elves (not drow) of Miyeritar. They're also aware that they can serve a good purpose in the Realms to prevent abusive magics from destroying things. Where this goes next is probably up to the RPG folks, as it's not that much of a thread for a novel. At least I doubt I'd want to write a novel about the sharn (any more than I already did).

As for that cryptic comment on Sememmon and Ashemmi, Khelben meant the couple is due for more work with the good guys (or at least the shadier good guys like the tel'teukiira) in the future. As for a future novel, I've got no control over that, but I'd love to write it.

Steven

For current projects and general natter, see www.steveneschend.com
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 01 Aug 2006 :  16:37:53  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Steven Schend

As for that cryptic comment on Sememmon and Ashemmi, Khelben meant the couple is due for more work with the good guys (or at least the shadier good guys like the tel'teukiira) in the future. As for a future novel, I've got no control over that, but I'd love to write it.

Steven

And we'd love to read it!

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

khorne
Master of Realmslore

Finland
1073 Posts

Posted - 01 Aug 2006 :  20:45:03  Show Profile  Visit khorne's Homepage Send khorne a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Steven, what are the tel'teukiira going to do now that Khelben is, well...you know?

It was a really good book, Steven, but I have to admit that Khelben`s death hit me in the face like a mailed fist.

If I were a ranger, I would pick NDA for my favorite enemy
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 02 Aug 2006 :  03:19:06  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Oh, he'd be interested, though I suspect any eligible ladies may have to get in line behind the former apprentice of Halaster, with whom he was one of the 5 "fingers of Malavar." She's been rather attentive and close to him since the rising. Stiff competition, that lady Jhesiyra Kestellharp.

Come on--surely you know that an attractive woman need not "get in line", she need only outdo the competition. And being, in effect, the "mother" of my character, of course I think she could outdo the competition quite easily.

Heck, Mentor Wintercloak will be coming after her, and she'll be trying to fend him off!

quote:

I'm just being very specific and I'm mirroring Khelben's attitude/words. He is a man who loves very deeply but rarely shows it on the surface. Likewise, Khelben doesn't bandy about the term soulmate idly, like a drunken bard seeking a rhyme--he's only referred to it with one person in 950 years, and here's why:

Only Laeral has learned Khelben's "truename"/"soulname" and that's what makes her his soulmate.

Khelben's very deeply loved his other wives (as evidenced by having three mourninglobes for them) and put his all (or what his "all" was at that time) into every marriage. That said, the love he and Laeral share is a factor beyond all that--partially because both are Chosen and thus have other equally great connections to other things AS WELL as their personal bonds.

Steven

Hmmm, I suppose that explanation makes perfect sense for Khelben--thank you for sharing it with me. I don't think that refering to someone that you loved enough to marry as your "soulmate" is quite on the same level as a "drunken bard seeking a rhyme" (come on, Khelben, it really isn't)...but then again, I guess he just sees things differently then most people. That makes him an oddball, but an interesting one.

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)
Go to Top of Page

Steven Schend

USA
1705 Posts

Posted - 02 Aug 2006 :  03:49:32  Show Profile  Visit Steven Schend's Homepage Send Steven Schend a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by khorne

Steven, what are the tel'teukiira going to do now that Khelben is, well...you know?

It was a really good book, Steven, but I have to admit that Khelben`s death hit me in the face like a mailed fist.

Again, I've got to confess an NDA gets in the way of answering the first question. Bear in mind, though, that MANY of the folks in the ritual were senior or major agents of the tel'teukiira, so they're all aware that Khelben turned leadership of the group to Tsarra (even though Malchor's unsure about all that).

And if Khelben's death hit you that hard, imagine how it felt for me to write it. Glad his death isn't seen as a comic-book "when will he be back?" sort of thing.

Steven

Go to Top of Page

KnightErrantJR
Great Reader

USA
5402 Posts

Posted - 02 Aug 2006 :  18:40:35  Show Profile  Visit KnightErrantJR's Homepage Send KnightErrantJR a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by khorne

Again, I've got to confess an NDA gets in the way of answering the first question. Bear in mind, though, that MANY of the folks in the ritual were senior or major agents of the tel'teukiira, so they're all aware that Khelben turned leadership of the group to Tsarra (even though Malchor's unsure about all that).

And if Khelben's death hit you that hard, imagine how it felt for me to write it. Glad his death isn't seen as a comic-book "when will he be back?" sort of thing.

Steven

No Steven, I trust you, and the loss of Khelben really did feel final, no matter what might happen later.

Than again, I thouhgt Jason Todd and Bucky were dead for good too, so what do I know . . .
Go to Top of Page

Chosen of Moradin
Master of Realmslore

Brazil
1120 Posts

Posted - 02 Aug 2006 :  19:24:27  Show Profile  Visit Chosen of Moradin's Homepage Send Chosen of Moradin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sage Schend, I pass last night perusing the Empires of the Shining Sea sourcebook, helping one of my players to create his new character: a monk (future drunken master), son of an exiled shou and a calishite follower of Sharess. He is going to the Silver Marches right now, searching for his missing father, and he want to know, how he could present himself to the others, or more exactly, how he could be called, how is the word for "monk". We discuss, and we think that sadidrif is a good word for him name the fighter of the group, not himself.

Thanks in advance

Dwarf, DM, husband, and proud of this! :P

twitter: @yuripeixoto
Facebook: yuri.peixoto
Go to Top of Page

Steven Schend

USA
1705 Posts

Posted - 03 Aug 2006 :  12:18:34  Show Profile  Visit Steven Schend's Homepage Send Steven Schend a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Chosen of Moradin

Sage Schend, I pass last night perusing the Empires of the Shining Sea sourcebook, helping one of my players to create his new character: a monk (future drunken master), son of an exiled shou and a calishite follower of Sharess. He is going to the Silver Marches right now, searching for his missing father, and he want to know, how he could present himself to the others, or more exactly, how he could be called, how is the word for "monk". We discuss, and we think that sadidrif is a good word for him name the fighter of the group, not himself.

Thanks in advance

Sadidrif sounds like a good word/name; if you're playing out the trip to the SM, a few of the monasteries of Tethyr might love to talk with him about his knowledge and fighting styles, as a passing thought.

Steven

Go to Top of Page

Chosen of Moradin
Master of Realmslore

Brazil
1120 Posts

Posted - 03 Aug 2006 :  21:55:49  Show Profile  Visit Chosen of Moradin's Homepage Send Chosen of Moradin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks, Sage Schend.

Yes, Sadidrif Mehmen yn Katsuni al Jabadall will take all the trip to the Silver Marches. Maybe he pass in the Tethyrian monassteries to drink some ale... ahem... show his techniques.

Go to Top of Page

Steven Schend

USA
1705 Posts

Posted - 08 Aug 2006 :  19:54:13  Show Profile  Visit Steven Schend's Homepage Send Steven Schend a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, Kuje mentioned posting my Gen Con schedule to his thread, but I thought I'd better copy it here as well, just in case....

Much to do and no time to do it before Thursday a.m. when I load Sarah and me into a car at O'Dark Early to get to Indy with time to get my badge before a 3pm signing....

SES

Day Start/End Event (Location)
Thursday 300 330 Signing—FR Wizards (WotC Booth)

Friday 300 400 Seminar—World Building/Mapping (?)
Friday 400 500 Seminar—Waterdeep (Author’s Avenue)
Friday 500 600 Seminar—Reading from Blackstaff (?)
Friday 800 900 Seminar—Pagan Writing (?)

Saturday 200 230 Signing—FR Wizards (Author’s Ave)

Edited by - Steven Schend on 08 Aug 2006 19:59:08
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 08 Aug 2006 :  20:03:59  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Added it to the gencon thread as well. :)

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium
Go to Top of Page

atlas689
Learned Scribe

123 Posts

Posted - 09 Aug 2006 :  01:39:58  Show Profile  Visit atlas689's Homepage Send atlas689 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Are there plans for Tsarra other than the novel, will she be in any antholigies or stated, or will she be a strictly novel only character also

HIGHLIGHT FOR SPOILERS

with the return of the City of Hope how will this affect the north and especially the City of Splendors, who will come to live there? will it come to be a major power of the land? what lies in its future? or will this be all revealed in a future novel or anthologie. Lasly with Tsarra as the new Blackstaff, is she also a Chosen of Mystra as it does at one point in the book refer that Khelben says "Mystra's fire will keep you safe" and also did she gain a siginificant increase in level and power by simply becoming the blackstaff, say level 20 sor?

Thanx again I LOVED LOVED LOVED your book and cant wait for another one (please say that theres another novel in your future)!
-Atlas

Soldiers fight, thieves steal, bards sing, wizards cast, sages think, assassins kill. Good or Evil we all have a job. So tell me this. What the hell are nobles and merchants for?

by: An Old Sage (anonymous)
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 09 Aug 2006 :  02:01:02  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by atlas689

HIGHLIGHT FOR SPOILERS

with the return of the City of Hope how will this affect the north and especially the City of Splendors, who will come to live there? will it come to be a major power of the land? what lies in its future? or will this be all revealed in a future novel or anthologie. Lasly with Tsarra as the new Blackstaff, is she also a Chosen of Mystra as it does at one point in the book refer that Khelben says "Mystra's fire will keep you safe" and also did she gain a siginificant increase in level and power by simply becoming the blackstaff, say level 20 sor?

I'm not Steve, but let me add my thoughts. Highlight to read:

1) I don't think the City of Hope is really intended to be a political power--I see it as more of a magical safe haven, myself.

2) I seriously doubt Tsarra is automatically a Chosen of Mystra just because she's the new Blackstaff. "Mystra's fire will keep you safe" is likely just a Mystran blessing, not something that cries out "You're a Chosen of Mystra!!!" And really, does she need to be a Chosen to be a worthwhile character? There's too much emphasis on "Chosen", and that's coming from someone who likes the Chosen of Mystra.

3) I don't think she gained "free levels" by being the Blackstaff, either. There's too much emphasis on levels, as well. What matters is the person (IMO).

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
Go to Top of Page

GothicDan
Master of Realmslore

USA
1103 Posts

Posted - 09 Aug 2006 :  03:22:58  Show Profile  Visit GothicDan's Homepage Send GothicDan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm not Eric either, but I like Rino's opinion on the above. ;)

Planescape Fanatic

"Fiends and Undead are the peanut butter and jelly of evil." - Me
"That attitude should be stomped on, whenever and wherever it's encountered, because it makes people holding such views bad citizens, not just bad roleplayers (considering D&D was structured as a 'forced cooperation' game, and although successive editions are pointing it more and more towards a me-first, min-max game, the drift away from 'we all need each other to succeed' will at some point make it 'no longer' D&D)." - ED GREENWOOD
Go to Top of Page

Steven Schend

USA
1705 Posts

Posted - 09 Aug 2006 :  03:35:23  Show Profile  Visit Steven Schend's Homepage Send Steven Schend a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rinonalyrna Fathomlin

quote:
Originally posted by atlas689

HIGHLIGHT FOR SPOILERS

I'm not Steve, but let me add my thoughts. Highlight to read:

1) I don't think the City of Hope is really intended to be a political power--I see it as more of a magical safe haven, myself.

2) I seriously doubt Tsarra is automatically a Chosen of Mystra just because she's the new Blackstaff. "Mystra's fire will keep you safe" is likely just a Mystran blessing, not something that cries out "You're a Chosen of Mystra!!!" And really, does she need to be a Chosen to be a worthwhile character? There's too much emphasis on "Chosen", and that's coming from someone who likes the Chosen of Mystra.

3) I don't think she gained "free levels" by being the Blackstaff, either. There's too much emphasis on levels, as well. What matters is the person (IMO).

Atlas, thanks for the comments; I really can't say what Tsarra's future is at the moment, but we'll see. Just had an idea for her in a short story I might pitch to Dragon, but no promises.

As for the other issues, Lyrna covered them all well and good, so no need for spoilers here. If you want more details, we can go into that, but it'll have to be after Gen Con. Suffice it to say that Rhymanthiin isn't a political power in any way....any more than Xanadu or K'un L'un or Brigadoon or Atlantis are political powers--it's intended to be legendary and a place sought by dreamers and believers, not a place in which to amass power or armies.

Steven the Vague
Who'll be happy to see folks at Gen Con

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 11 Aug 2006 :  01:44:41  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My copy of Blackstaff has just arrived.

I just have to say it again... I get such a buzz seeing your name on the front cover -- 'tis been too long. And as promised... I'm putting the two other books I'm reading at the moment, off to the side so I can fully concentrate on Blackstaff.

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Mazrim_Taim
Learned Scribe

341 Posts

Posted - 11 Aug 2006 :  06:08:09  Show Profile  Visit Mazrim_Taim's Homepage Send Mazrim_Taim a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

I just have to say it again... I get such a buzz seeing your name on the front cover -- 'tis been too long. And as promised... I'm putting the two other books I'm reading at the moment, off to the side so I can fully concentrate on Blackstaff.

Good, now you can finally see what all the hype has been about.

It was a truly excellent book, Blackstaff. One of my favorite Faerûn novels of all time. I have to resist the temptation to read it again, as there are many other scrolls that need my attention.

And if the PCs DO win their ways through all the liches to Larloch, “he” will almost certainly be just another lich (loaded with explosive spells) set up as a decoy, with dozens of hidden liches waiting to pounce on any surviving PCs who ‘celebrate’ after they take Larloch down. As the REAL Larloch watches (magical scrying) from afar. Myself, as DM, I’d be wondering: “Such a glorious game, so many opportunities laid out before your PCs to devote your time to, and THIS fixation is the best you can come up with? Are you SURE you’re adventurers?” -Ed Greenwood
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 11 Aug 2006 :  08:24:39  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Well met

Great news, Sage. I'll look forward to hearing thy thoughts in the Book Club

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 11 Aug 2006 :  09:37:09  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alaundo

quote:

Well met

Great news, Sage. I'll look forward to hearing thy thoughts in the Book Club

I'm going to try. I want to start the book this evening, so it's likely I won't start commenting until tomorrow.

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 13 Aug 2006 :  01:59:11  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey Steve!

I'd love some detailed information on Mentor Wintercloak, and what his preferences are in...relationships with women.

Thanks,

Lyrna

Go to Top of Page

GothicDan
Master of Realmslore

USA
1103 Posts

Posted - 13 Aug 2006 :  02:13:25  Show Profile  Visit GothicDan's Homepage Send GothicDan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
*Cackles, coughs.*

Planescape Fanatic

"That attitude should be stomped on, whenever and wherever it's encountered, because it makes people holding such views bad citizens, not just bad roleplayers (considering D&D was structured as a 'forced cooperation' game, and although successive editions are pointing it more and more towards a me-first, min-max game, the drift away from 'we all need each other to succeed' will at some point make it 'no longer' D&D)." - ED GREENWOOD
Go to Top of Page

Wandering_mage
Senior Scribe

688 Posts

Posted - 13 Aug 2006 :  13:24:12  Show Profile  Visit Wandering_mage's Homepage Send Wandering_mage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
When did Mentor Wintercloak become James Bond with women? I'd say if you can make him drop his spellbook your character can have him! Otherwise the guy has responsibilities, works often researching spells and such, and probably doesn't have any time for a woman at present. But that is just me. Steve of course will have a more detailed answer that you can use. I just thought I should point out the obvious with the whole wizard profession and how it sometimes hurts a guys romantic life. Just look at how busy Khelben is all the time. He has to spend weeks just to get some alone time with his love Laeral. Don't ask me how Eliminster does it though. That man just has style and years of experience with the women.

And now Steve, good luck with this answer. And Rino, this might be an awesome quest idea for your character if the party doesn't mind. 'To catch Mentor Wintercloak' a campaign of love.

Illum
The Wandering Mage
Go to Top of Page

GothicDan
Master of Realmslore

USA
1103 Posts

Posted - 13 Aug 2006 :  21:21:13  Show Profile  Visit GothicDan's Homepage Send GothicDan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Remember, even famous NPCs are still people. They still have emotions and wants and company. :)

Planescape Fanatic

Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 13 Aug 2006 :  21:39:19  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wandering_mage

When did Mentor Wintercloak become James Bond with women? I'd say if you can make him drop his spellbook your character can have him! Otherwise the guy has responsibilities, works often researching spells and such, and probably doesn't have any time for a woman at present. But that is just me. Steve of course will have a more detailed answer that you can use. I just thought I should point out the obvious with the whole wizard profession and how it sometimes hurts a guys romantic life. Just look at how busy Khelben is all the time. He has to spend weeks just to get some alone time with his love Laeral. Don't ask me how Eliminster does it though. That man just has style and years of experience with the women.

And now Steve, good luck with this answer. And Rino, this might be an awesome quest idea for your character if the party doesn't mind. 'To catch Mentor Wintercloak' a campaign of love.

*smiles* Steve said Mentor Wintercloak would be interested in having a companion. And I agree with GothicDan on this--wizards are still people, and I've come across many wizardly characters who are "hooked up".

Go to Top of Page

Steven Schend

USA
1705 Posts

Posted - 14 Aug 2006 :  14:41:56  Show Profile  Visit Steven Schend's Homepage Send Steven Schend a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rinonalyrna Fathomlin

Hey Steve!

I'd love some detailed information on Mentor Wintercloak, and what his preferences are in...relationships with women.

Thanks,

Lyrna

Um, okay.....trying to engage brain......

Hm. Mentor's not really one of "my" characters but Ed's, so I'll have to check with him before going into a detailed answer. Suffice it to say that yes, Mentor's heterosexual, likes/loves women, but will most likely strike up relationships with those within Rhymanthiin, rather than farther out in the Realms (at least for now).

Lyrna, are you setting it up that you and your PCs are part of the ritual, allowing you access to even the knowledge that one (or more) of the fabled Seven Wizards of Myth Drannor is still alive? That's the first step, obviously.

I'll be back with more later....after some coffee....

Steven

Go to Top of Page

Chosen of Moradin
Master of Realmslore

Brazil
1120 Posts

Posted - 14 Aug 2006 :  15:00:23  Show Profile  Visit Chosen of Moradin's Homepage Send Chosen of Moradin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wandering_mage

A pretty and lovely woman turn the head even of the most dedicated wizard.....

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 14 Aug 2006 :  22:47:54  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A question I found, floating in the ethers:

quote:
Originally posted by DMJutti

Hey Steve,
I was wondering if you could give more detail on Vamar the Cold...the lich who has an underwater tower in the sea of fallen stars...I am aware that he is detailed briefly in the Sea Of Fallen Stars sourcebook which include some of Elminsters Notes which suggest he has visited this lich. What are the specifics of his tower, what does he research, what books may be in his library/magic items, and what are his motivations/goals? Thanks much!

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 15 Aug 2006 :  03:08:00  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Um, okay.....trying to engage brain......

Trust me, I appreciate the effort.

quote:
Hm. Mentor's not really one of "my" characters but Ed's, so I'll have to check with him before going into a detailed answer. Suffice it to say that yes, Mentor's heterosexual, likes/loves women, but will most likely strike up relationships with those within Rhymanthiin, rather than farther out in the Realms (at least for now).

Lyrna, are you setting it up that you and your PCs are part of the ritual, allowing you access to even the knowledge that one (or more) of the fabled Seven Wizards of Myth Drannor is still alive? That's the first step, obviously.

Well yes, this particular lady of mine was definitely a part of the ritual, and has for the moment parked her boots in the City of Hope (or at least, that's what she tells me). So yeah, she knows about Mentor, is in the city, and she rather likes him...

Again, thank you for the effort.

Edited by - Rinonalyrna Fathomlin on 15 Aug 2006 03:09:10
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 57 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000