Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Chamber of Sages
 Questions for Steven Schend
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 65

Asgetrion
Master of Realmslore

Finland
1564 Posts

Posted - 17 Jan 2006 :  00:20:00  Show Profile  Visit Asgetrion's Homepage Send Asgetrion a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My thanks, Sage Schend and Foxhelm

"What am I doing today? Ask me tomorrow - I can be sure of giving you the right answer then."
-- Askarran of Selgaunt, Master Sage, speaking to a curious merchant, Year of the Helm
Go to Top of Page

khorne
Master of Realmslore

Finland
1071 Posts

Posted - 17 Jan 2006 :  16:19:48  Show Profile  Visit khorne's Homepage  Click to see khorne's MSN Messenger address Send khorne a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Vvornth

quote:
Originally posted by Steven Schend

Of course, it might be in Mystra's interests to keep Khelben from finding out the final truth re: the Rune's link to Z's death. After all, if he DID know they were involved, his focus would be pulled away from other works she needs him to do more and he'd be spending more time down south kicking bones and taking names. Lastly, Mystra's playing a longer game than Khelben plays and she seems to have a use for the Rune in some ways. What those are are open to speculation.

Thanks for the reply, even though the answer spawned more questions, the kind that I doubt will be answered. ;)

It would be....interesting, though, if Khelben found out about the whole thing. As far as I remember Khelben has always been calm and collected when I`ve read about him. It would be a new experience to see him go completely banana.

If I were a ranger, I would pick NDA for my favorite enemy
Go to Top of Page

Aulnil
Acolyte

USA
11 Posts

Posted - 17 Jan 2006 :  18:55:37  Show Profile  Visit Aulnil's Homepage Send Aulnil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
On Khelben's thought re: Fzoul betraying their agreement--"Unlike your Lord Neville Chamberlain, I have multitudinous ways to wreak my displeasure upon Lord Chembryl, should he renege on his word. Nor am I so squeamish as to stay my hand if such should happen."

It may have been previously discussed, in which case sorry, but is their any chance you can further develop the intricacies of this arrangement? The timeframe, though I may be mistaken, was around 50 years, which puts a huge chronological hold on Fzoul and Khelben.

Thanks,
Go to Top of Page

Lemernis
Senior Scribe

378 Posts

Posted - 17 Jan 2006 :  22:13:50  Show Profile  Visit Lemernis's Homepage Send Lemernis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Okay, another question for Steven about Amn. Which will begin with an observation:

I can understand the rationale for arcane magic having become so feared and reviled in Amn, due to a history of evil wizards behaving without constraint, unleashing all manner of monster and plague and so forth in the course of their scheming and powergrabbing. And since Amn relies almost entirely on an oral history, i.e., of parents and grandparents telling their children and grandchildren about the world, it is easy to understand how the neagtive stereotypes of wizards get strongly reinforced. And remain unchallenged.

But how do Amnians then rationalize the use of divine magic?

Is it because it is understood that there is ultimately a deity placing a check on the powers granted to the priest? Whereas in contrast, what is arguably the greatest weakness and shortcoming within mortals--the lust for power and domination--remains unchecked within wizards?

The gods of Faerun may be carpicious, but they are gods after all, and I would think some considerable wisdom on a deity's part may be assumed simply from being immortal and divine.

Amn has little by way of scholars and sages to teach about such things, but would this more or less be the common man's thinking?

Or is it because it is felt that the favor of the gods is necessary for gaining wealth, and best not to let anything possibly interfere with the acquisition of wealth? I.e., the thought would be: "yes, it's magic but let priests do as they will, we want their gods to favor us!"

Anyway, just curious about the dichotomy in Amn over social attitudes about the use of the two kinds of magic, i.e., arcane and divine.
Go to Top of Page

Asgetrion
Master of Realmslore

Finland
1564 Posts

Posted - 18 Jan 2006 :  04:43:21  Show Profile  Visit Asgetrion's Homepage Send Asgetrion a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lemernis

Is it because it is understood that there is ultimately a deity placing a check on the powers granted to the priest? Whereas in contrast, what is arguably the greatest weakness and shortcoming within mortals--the lust for power and domination--remains unchecked within wizards?

The gods of Faerun may be carpicious, but they are gods after all, and I would think some considerable wisdom on a deity's part may be assumed simply from being immortal and divine.

Amn has little by way of scholars and sages to teach about such things, but would this more or less be the common man's thinking?

Or is it because it is felt that the favor of the gods is necessary for gaining wealth, and best not to let anything possibly interfere with the acquisition of wealth? I.e., the thought would be: "yes, it's magic but let priests do as they will, we want their gods to favor us!"

Anyway, just curious about the dichotomy in Amn over social attitudes about the use of the two kinds of magic, i.e., arcane and divine.

I think that your "Average Joe" doesn't see clerical/priestly spells as 'Magic' - he might see them perhaps a bit more like 'Miracles'? The Third Edition has take a lot of mystery out of Gods and Magic... *sigh*

In the good ol' days of AD&D we used to describe priestly powers/spells in my gaming group as "answered prayers" - priests prayed for their spells in the morning, and, although they received them, they had to pray for "confirmation" as they cast them. Thus, every cleric or priest believed that although Mask had granted that Flame Strike at dawn, you still had to pray to him and ask for that "spell" again when you smote your foes with it ;) You never know about the Gods, hey?

My point here is that maybe an average commoner in the Realms sees 'Magic' and 'Spells' as the stuff for those high-and-mighty wizards? In the end, Divine Magic is just another game term for 'Clerical spells'?

"What am I doing today? Ask me tomorrow - I can be sure of giving you the right answer then."
-- Askarran of Selgaunt, Master Sage, speaking to a curious merchant, Year of the Helm
Go to Top of Page

Steven Schend
Forgotten Realms Designer & Author

USA
1631 Posts

Posted - 18 Jan 2006 :  18:39:36  Show Profile  Visit Steven Schend's Homepage  Send Steven Schend a Yahoo! Message Send Steven Schend a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by khorne

quote:
Originally posted by Vvornth

quote:

Of course, it might be in Mystra's interests to keep Khelben from finding out the final truth re: the Rune's link to Z's death. After all, if he DID know they were involved, his focus would be pulled away from other works she needs him to do more and he'd be spending more time down south kicking bones and taking names. Lastly, Mystra's playing a longer game than Khelben plays and she seems to have a use for the Rune in some ways. What those are are open to speculation.

Thanks for the reply, even though the answer spawned more questions, the kind that I doubt will be answered. ;)

It would be....interesting, though, if Khelben found out about the whole thing. As far as I remember Khelben has always been calm and collected when I`ve read about him. It would be a new experience to see him go completely banana.

Not so new--I did it back in 1996 in FALL OF MYTH DRANNOR at the Battle of Silversgate. Even though he accomplished what he set out to do, Khelben considers his death/near-death and the death of the High Mage of Silverymoon in this debacle to be one of his worst failures, even after centuries of folk telling him otherwise.

But true, Khelben's a bit more buttoned-down and in control than he used to be. Only thing now that would make him come absolutely unglued would be Laeral's death. He has more of a mixed bag of emotions when it comes to children, for reasons not to be mentioned right now....

Steven

For current projects and general natter, see www.steveneschend.com
Go to Top of Page

Steven Schend

USA
1631 Posts

Posted - 18 Jan 2006 :  18:46:13  Show Profile  Visit Steven Schend's Homepage  Send Steven Schend a Yahoo! Message Send Steven Schend a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Aulnil

On Khelben's thought re: Fzoul betraying their agreement--"Unlike your Lord Neville Chamberlain, I have multitudinous ways to wreak my displeasure upon Lord Chembryl, should he renege on his word. Nor am I so squeamish as to stay my hand if such should happen."

It may have been previously discussed, in which case sorry, but is their any chance you can further develop the intricacies of this arrangement? The timeframe, though I may be mistaken, was around 50 years, which puts a huge chronological hold on Fzoul and Khelben.

Thanks,

Well, I'm reluctant to talk too much on this; I'd left it wide open as per CLOAK & DAGGER for more wiggle-room for GMs. That said, I'll note this (and only answer more specific questions later that won't necessarily limit GM options with this plot):

Khelben and Fzoul are both highly intelligent people.

Both will adhere to the absolute letter of the law in their agreement (as stated explicitly in C&D).

Khelben & Fzoul both will take advantage of loopholes within the wording of their agreements if they need to strike back at any apparent violation of said agreement. (Meaning they might send third-party or fourth-party agents who don't know for whom they operate to disrupt things.)

I may've already said too much there, but hope that little bit helps. If not, ask more specifically what you had questions on.

And yes, the agreement to tie each other up for decades was intentional. Khelben plays the long game, remember, as does Fzoul, now that he's among the near-immortals.

SES

Go to Top of Page

Steven Schend

USA
1631 Posts

Posted - 18 Jan 2006 :  18:50:19  Show Profile  Visit Steven Schend's Homepage  Send Steven Schend a Yahoo! Message Send Steven Schend a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lemernis

Okay, another question for Steven about Amn. Which will begin with an observation:

I can understand the rationale for arcane magic having become so feared and reviled in Amn, due to a history of evil wizards behaving without constraint, unleashing all manner of monster and plague and so forth in the course of their scheming and powergrabbing. And since Amn relies almost entirely on an oral history, i.e., of parents and grandparents telling their children and grandchildren about the world, it is easy to understand how the neagtive stereotypes of wizards get strongly reinforced. And remain unchallenged.

Short answer: "Because they are miracles and answered prayers to the gods."

In other words, if the cleric / caster has to answer to a hierarchy and/or deity, there's controls on it, and said church can be called upon to censure or smack down anyone who's getting a little spell-happy within Amnian lands (highly personal judgement call for GMs and NPCs alike )

Longer answers can't be done on my lunch hour now, alas. Still, good question and one to discuss further.

SES

Go to Top of Page

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2872 Posts

Posted - 18 Jan 2006 :  21:07:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
He has more of a mixed bag of emotions when it comes to children, for reasons not to be mentioned right now....

Steven

Hm...I'm not normally one to make comparisons of Realms figures to other folk, but I'm getting vibes much like Luke from Gilmore Girls' current children situation...
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
29906 Posts

Posted - 18 Jan 2006 :  22:51:29  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Arivia

quote:
He has more of a mixed bag of emotions when it comes to children, for reasons not to be mentioned right now....

Steven

Hm...I'm not normally one to make comparisons of Realms figures to other folk, but I'm getting vibes much like Luke from Gilmore Girls' current children situation...

Would that make Laeral his Lorelai? What about Michel and Taylor?

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Editor and scribe for The Candlekeep Compendium

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2872 Posts

Posted - 18 Jan 2006 :  22:56:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert
Would that make Laeral his Lorelai?

Heh, yep. Now who is Rory...
quote:

What about Michel and Taylor?

Taylor would have to be Bran Skorlsun, and Michel Elminster...

Good to see someone else likes such a good show around here!
Go to Top of Page

Steven Schend

USA
1631 Posts

Posted - 19 Jan 2006 :  03:23:26  Show Profile  Visit Steven Schend's Homepage  Send Steven Schend a Yahoo! Message Send Steven Schend a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Arivia

quote:

Steven

Interesting idea....but it's more to do with some of Khelben's more powerful progeny in the past and their fates than any hesitancy re: kids.

By the by, Luke's a perfect embodiment of what I picture a younger Durnan looking and acting like. I'm just sayin'.....

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
29906 Posts

Posted - 19 Jan 2006 :  03:27:59  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

By the by, Luke's a perfect embodiment of what I picture a younger Durnan looking and acting like. I'm just sayin'.....

Complete with backwards baseball cap, fingerless gloves, and old fatigues jacket?

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Editor and scribe for The Candlekeep Compendium

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2872 Posts

Posted - 19 Jan 2006 :  03:29:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert
Complete with backwards baseball cap, fingerless gloves, and old fatigues jacket?

Hey, we've never actually seen Ed's stories of the days Mirt and Durnan date from, back when the Realms was connected to our world...
Go to Top of Page

Jamallo Kreen
Master of Realmslore

USA
1537 Posts

Posted - 21 Jan 2006 :  23:11:42  Show Profile  Visit Jamallo Kreen's Homepage Send Jamallo Kreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Jamallo Kreen

I have finally started reading Sea of Fallen Stars (totally boss, dude!), and I have a question about the Dukar path which enables one to take on the forms of other creatures: could someone assume the guise of an aboleth and, by consuming a real aboleth, obtain the collective memory which they can share, or is that considered a "special ability" which the path, per definitio does not confer?

I'm going to have to guess here, as I don't have a copy of SOFS on hand at present. If the path allows shapeshifters the full abilities and powers of the form they adopt, it's possible that this could occur. However, as a GM, I'd posit that you only gain the collective memory for a limited time (DC 30 save/check to retain 100%, lose 10% for each number off from this check; max retention in days equal to your Wis or Con, whichever is lower) and absolutely lose all that knowledge once you drop the aboleth shape.

That answer the question?

And thanks, by the by, for picking up Sea of Fallen Stars, my one design contribution for the Realms that was 85% new design, not just reweaving older content and making it consistent. Glad you're enjoying it.

Steven, I'm equipped with my copy of Sea of Fallen Stars now, and here's the section (p. 123) which raised my curiosity about shapeshifting into an aboleth:

quote:
{T}he Foeform path actually provides a changeling-like ability to transform oneself into increasingly dissimilar beings. Unlike most transformational magic, this fully changes a being into this other form.... This path does not grant the Dukar any special or magical abilities that a normal specimen of the shape assumed possesses.

If a Dukar then assumed aboleth shape and ate a real aboleth, would you, as a DM and arbiter par excellence of the rules (having literally written the book on it! ) allow that Foeformed Dukar the ability to transmit that aboleth ancestral (and gustatively obtained) knowledge via telepathy or such-like methods, thus managing to pass aboleth knowledge to a different species?

Elaine Cunningham had the Regent of Ascore telepathically probe an aboleth, but the Regent had a slight edge over the average PC, what with being an illithid and all....

I have a mouth, but I am in a library and must not scream.

Feed the poor and stroke your ego, too: http://www.freerice.com/index.php.

Go to Top of Page

Jamallo Kreen
Master of Realmslore

USA
1537 Posts

Posted - 21 Jan 2006 :  23:18:55  Show Profile  Visit Jamallo Kreen's Homepage Send Jamallo Kreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have a question about the acquisition of new paths from Sea of Fallen Stars, which I hope that you (or at least someone slightly less befuddled than I seem to be today) can answer. Page 119 lists in Table 12 the paths which Lorekeepers and Peacekeepers may pursue. When "New Step/New Path" occurs at levels 5, 9, etc., does that mean that a Dukar may study a new step of a previous path and the first step of a new path, or the Dukar may study the next step of an earlier path or the first step of a new one?

(The answer is probably obvious, but I've become innumerate today and I can't make sense of the arithmetic. D'oh!)

Go to Top of Page

Steven Schend

USA
1631 Posts

Posted - 23 Jan 2006 :  19:01:27  Show Profile  Visit Steven Schend's Homepage  Send Steven Schend a Yahoo! Message Send Steven Schend a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Jamallo, as it states, you only get the solid physical form of a creature, not its special abilities. Thus, you'd be as big and strong as an aboleth, but other than its physical stats and attacks, you're no better off than as normal.

And I'm afraid you only get one step on either path, not one on each. It was the place where you could change the focus of your studies. I suppose these new substitution levels suit the same purpose withing D&D rules.

Go to Top of Page

Jamallo Kreen
Master of Realmslore

USA
1537 Posts

Posted - 24 Jan 2006 :  20:54:16  Show Profile  Visit Jamallo Kreen's Homepage Send Jamallo Kreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Jamallo, as it states, you only get the solid physical form of a creature, not its special abilities. Thus, you'd be as big and strong as an aboleth, but other than its physical stats and attacks, you're no better off than as normal.

And I'm afraid you only get one step on either path, not one on each. It was the place where you could change the focus of your studies. I suppose these new substitution levels suit the same purpose withing D&D rules.

As to switching paths, thanks for the clarification. As for aboleth memory-munching ... *sigh*. I take your reply to indicate that aboleth memory is a special ability; this hasn't been spelled out in any descriptions of them which I have read, which tend to concentrate only on abilities used in combat.

Oh well, back to the abacus....

Go to Top of Page

Steven Schend

USA
1631 Posts

Posted - 24 Jan 2006 :  21:13:55  Show Profile  Visit Steven Schend's Homepage  Send Steven Schend a Yahoo! Message Send Steven Schend a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jamallo Kreen

quote:

As to switching paths, thanks for the clarification. As for aboleth memory-munching ... *sigh*. I take your reply to indicate that aboleth memory is a special ability; this hasn't been spelled out in any descriptions of them which I have read, which tend to concentrate only on abilities used in combat.

Oh well, back to the abacus....

Yeah. Sorry, pal. Unless you take up the Alan Moore/Swamp Thing/planarian worm theory that what you consume naturally transfers its learning/some level of knowledge to you, I'd say it's a special mental/magical ability.

What I was thinking for that path was the ability to change to whales or storm giants for physcial power (or some other form physically suited for deeper waters than the dukar could normally swim/survive). You'd get water breathing as a natural ability, but you can't cast lightning bolts et al.

Go to Top of Page

Jamallo Kreen
Master of Realmslore

USA
1537 Posts

Posted - 24 Jan 2006 :  21:23:55  Show Profile  Visit Jamallo Kreen's Homepage Send Jamallo Kreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

(snip)

Yeah. Sorry, pal. Unless you take up the Alan Moore/Swamp Thing/planarian worm theory that what you consume naturally transfers its learning/some level of knowledge to you, I'd say it's a special mental/magical ability.

What I was thinking for that path was the ability to change to whales or storm giants for physcial power (or some other form physically suited for deeper waters than the dukar could normally swim/survive). You'd get water breathing as a natural ability, but you can't cast lightning bolts et al.

A more thorough reading showed me that it's a Peacekeeeper Way, not something for Lorekeepers at all. I suppose you called it "Foeform" for a reason!

Go to Top of Page

Octa
Learned Scribe

USA
138 Posts

Posted - 26 Jan 2006 :  23:21:34  Show Profile  Visit Octa's Homepage Send Octa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Steven- I just downloaded Empires of the Shining Sea after I asked this question on Ed's thread because I didn't know that you you were the expert. Anyways, here it is about the Arn Rock:

Ed +THO, I've been trying to think up a question and I think I have one of general interest.
It concerns the Arn Rock in the center of the lake of steam. Everytime I look at it it screams Melnibone. There seems to be very little lore on the island. So my question is this:
Who was living on the Arn Rock before it went all Santorini? Were there any ancient civilisations centered there? We know that the lake of steam has been populated since pre-history, but it mainly considered a crossroads between Coramashan and Jhaamdath rather than a region in its own right. Were there any empires centered there, other than the Occasional Aencar uniting a few of the independent cities together for a single lifetime.
And the Arn Rock, any chance for an empire of draconic-human hybrids living there in the age of dragons or some other prehistoric time.
thanks for any additional information you can give, I know how busy you are and am just shocked at how accessible you make yourself to the fans.
Go to Top of Page

Steven Schend

USA
1631 Posts

Posted - 28 Jan 2006 :  20:54:14  Show Profile  Visit Steven Schend's Homepage  Send Steven Schend a Yahoo! Message Send Steven Schend a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Octa

Steven- I just downloaded Empires of the Shining Sea after I asked this question on Ed's thread because I didn't know that you you were the expert. Anyways, here it is about the Arn Rock:

Ed +THO, I've been trying to think up a question and I think I have one of general interest.
It concerns the Arn Rock in the center of the lake of steam. Everytime I look at it it screams Melnibone. There seems to be very little lore on the island. So my question is this:
Who was living on the Arn Rock before it went all Santorini? Were there any ancient civilisations centered there? We know that the lake of steam has been populated since pre-history, but it mainly considered a crossroads between Coramashan and Jhaamdath rather than a region in its own right. Were there any empires centered there, other than the Occasional Aencar uniting a few of the independent cities together for a single lifetime.
And the Arn Rock, any chance for an empire of draconic-human hybrids living there in the age of dragons or some other prehistoric time.
thanks for any additional information you can give, I know how busy you are and am just shocked at how accessible you make yourself to the fans.

I was of the mind that the Arn Rock was always an overwarm to hot island volcano that, while its only on-the-record eruption was noted during the Threat from the Sea storyline, was uninhabitable by all save perhaps those who thrive in volcanic gases and heat and the like. I would be loathe to put in a whole civilization and/or race there during any time already recorded into history, simply because their presence would have thrown off the balances of powers among the beholders, the genies, the humans, etc.

That said, if you want it inhabitable et al during the Age of Dragons, why not? You could even make it such that that area was much higher and the sea/bay was only a few rivers leading to the Shining Sea. Then something huge happened that sparked a huge Krakatoa like eruption that caused the whole area to explode and sink and the sea comes rushing in to fill the void....

Steven
Whose mind already linked it to one possibility like the High Magic wave that scoured out Jhaamdath, but he doesn't want to repeat the same trick each time....but if it were part and parcel of the Crown Wars and perhaps one of the most heinous things done before the Illythiiri went dhaerow......

Go to Top of Page

Skeptic
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1273 Posts

Posted - 30 Jan 2006 :  14:36:30  Show Profile Send Skeptic a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Steven,

When I asked for the Nemessor Tunnels, I forgot to look at Underdark where they got some details.

Now, I have some questions for the Calimport author

In my current campaign, the PCs want to take some "vacancies" far away from Waterdeep, where they have some troubles. They want to buy/sell some magic items and they are looking for the south metropolis. Of course I want to put them in some trouble there, and I read about the Dark Bazaars..

Can you explain me what was your idea with the Grey Caller, it's just a title? What kind of people/creature are chosen to be one, etc.

Also, I'm not sure how to play the reaction vs a "northen adventurer group" in Calimport, because they are somewhat powerfull (around level 15). They won't be impressed by commoners not wanting to help them finding their way around..

I would say that I want to show them that Calimport is even more dangerous for them than Waterdeep (even if they are Evil) and give them some unique opportunities (Going into Muzad, etc.)

About Muzad, they are acustomed to Skullport, how would you picture the difference between this two "metropolis dark side" ?

Thanks for any help.

P.S. Edit : Another quick one, (if you know) what happened to Stardock after "Halaster's High haverstide events" in canon lore ? I may introduce the Ahloon detailled in the related module in my current campaign (as a Twisted rune member).

Edited by - Skeptic on 01 Feb 2006 02:50:10
Go to Top of Page

Falkomur
Acolyte

1 Posts

Posted - 31 Jan 2006 :  18:16:05  Show Profile  Visit Falkomur's Homepage Send Falkomur a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've got a question for Mr. Schend. What would be the current dealings and doings of Meleghost Starseer? I read his entry in the new City of Splendors accesory, and had a little discussion about him with Kuje, but I'm not so good in imagining the plans of an evil high priest. We kind of devoloped the idea, he is trying to get back in favor with the clergy and the Watchfull Order by getting some nasty information about the Red Wizards. That way, he'll have an explanation about his dealings with them, and he might get back in favor with the clergy and the Order, slipping them some scrolls of say Life Bolt. Further more we thought he might have some plan as to influence dragons with his "friend" Maaril. But honestly I have no idea what an evil high priest of Mystra is up to. Can you help me out, and tell me something about his character, or any other idea for that matter? Thanks in advance, a Dutch DM.

Edited by - Falkomur on 31 Jan 2006 18:30:53
Go to Top of Page

Hoondatha
Great Reader

USA
2389 Posts

Posted - 02 Feb 2006 :  01:22:56  Show Profile  Visit Hoondatha's Homepage Send Hoondatha a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Along the lines of the prior question, I'm running my party through Stardock now, and if past is prologue they're not just going to succeed, but succeed brilliantly (they actually have the power to take on the liches... I had fun with them in Undermountain). Anyway, being the devious DM that I am, I have a number of ideas for "Halaster's paying attention/saying thank you" to the party afterward, but I wanted to ask what your five or ten most interesting ideas for that are. What would Halaster do, if you were writing him?

Doggedly converting 3e back to what D&D should be...
Sigh... And now 4e as well.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 65 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2017 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000