Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Chamber of Sages
 Questions for Steven Schend
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 57

Jamallo Kreen
Master of Realmslore

USA
1537 Posts

Posted - 21 Jan 2006 :  23:18:55  Show Profile  Visit Jamallo Kreen's Homepage Send Jamallo Kreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have a question about the acquisition of new paths from Sea of Fallen Stars, which I hope that you (or at least someone slightly less befuddled than I seem to be today) can answer. Page 119 lists in Table 12 the paths which Lorekeepers and Peacekeepers may pursue. When "New Step/New Path" occurs at levels 5, 9, etc., does that mean that a Dukar may study a new step of a previous path and the first step of a new path, or the Dukar may study the next step of an earlier path or the first step of a new one?

(The answer is probably obvious, but I've become innumerate today and I can't make sense of the arithmetic. D'oh!)

I have a mouth, but I am in a library and must not scream.

Feed the poor and stroke your ego, too: http://www.freerice.com/index.php.

Go to Top of Page

Steven Schend
Forgotten Realms Designer & Author

USA
1705 Posts

Posted - 23 Jan 2006 :  19:01:27  Show Profile  Visit Steven Schend's Homepage Send Steven Schend a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Jamallo, as it states, you only get the solid physical form of a creature, not its special abilities. Thus, you'd be as big and strong as an aboleth, but other than its physical stats and attacks, you're no better off than as normal.

And I'm afraid you only get one step on either path, not one on each. It was the place where you could change the focus of your studies. I suppose these new substitution levels suit the same purpose withing D&D rules.

For current projects and general natter, see www.steveneschend.com
Go to Top of Page

Jamallo Kreen
Master of Realmslore

USA
1537 Posts

Posted - 24 Jan 2006 :  20:54:16  Show Profile  Visit Jamallo Kreen's Homepage Send Jamallo Kreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Steven Schend

Jamallo, as it states, you only get the solid physical form of a creature, not its special abilities. Thus, you'd be as big and strong as an aboleth, but other than its physical stats and attacks, you're no better off than as normal.

And I'm afraid you only get one step on either path, not one on each. It was the place where you could change the focus of your studies. I suppose these new substitution levels suit the same purpose withing D&D rules.

As to switching paths, thanks for the clarification. As for aboleth memory-munching ... *sigh*. I take your reply to indicate that aboleth memory is a special ability; this hasn't been spelled out in any descriptions of them which I have read, which tend to concentrate only on abilities used in combat.

Oh well, back to the abacus....

Go to Top of Page

Steven Schend

USA
1705 Posts

Posted - 24 Jan 2006 :  21:13:55  Show Profile  Visit Steven Schend's Homepage Send Steven Schend a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jamallo Kreen

quote:

As to switching paths, thanks for the clarification. As for aboleth memory-munching ... *sigh*. I take your reply to indicate that aboleth memory is a special ability; this hasn't been spelled out in any descriptions of them which I have read, which tend to concentrate only on abilities used in combat.

Oh well, back to the abacus....

Yeah. Sorry, pal. Unless you take up the Alan Moore/Swamp Thing/planarian worm theory that what you consume naturally transfers its learning/some level of knowledge to you, I'd say it's a special mental/magical ability.

What I was thinking for that path was the ability to change to whales or storm giants for physcial power (or some other form physically suited for deeper waters than the dukar could normally swim/survive). You'd get water breathing as a natural ability, but you can't cast lightning bolts et al.

Go to Top of Page

Jamallo Kreen
Master of Realmslore

USA
1537 Posts

Posted - 24 Jan 2006 :  21:23:55  Show Profile  Visit Jamallo Kreen's Homepage Send Jamallo Kreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

(snip)

Yeah. Sorry, pal. Unless you take up the Alan Moore/Swamp Thing/planarian worm theory that what you consume naturally transfers its learning/some level of knowledge to you, I'd say it's a special mental/magical ability.

What I was thinking for that path was the ability to change to whales or storm giants for physcial power (or some other form physically suited for deeper waters than the dukar could normally swim/survive). You'd get water breathing as a natural ability, but you can't cast lightning bolts et al.

A more thorough reading showed me that it's a Peacekeeeper Way, not something for Lorekeepers at all. I suppose you called it "Foeform" for a reason!

Go to Top of Page

Octa
Learned Scribe

USA
138 Posts

Posted - 26 Jan 2006 :  23:21:34  Show Profile  Visit Octa's Homepage Send Octa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Steven- I just downloaded Empires of the Shining Sea after I asked this question on Ed's thread because I didn't know that you you were the expert. Anyways, here it is about the Arn Rock:

Ed +THO, I've been trying to think up a question and I think I have one of general interest.
It concerns the Arn Rock in the center of the lake of steam. Everytime I look at it it screams Melnibone. There seems to be very little lore on the island. So my question is this:
Who was living on the Arn Rock before it went all Santorini? Were there any ancient civilisations centered there? We know that the lake of steam has been populated since pre-history, but it mainly considered a crossroads between Coramashan and Jhaamdath rather than a region in its own right. Were there any empires centered there, other than the Occasional Aencar uniting a few of the independent cities together for a single lifetime.
And the Arn Rock, any chance for an empire of draconic-human hybrids living there in the age of dragons or some other prehistoric time.
thanks for any additional information you can give, I know how busy you are and am just shocked at how accessible you make yourself to the fans.
Go to Top of Page

Steven Schend

USA
1705 Posts

Posted - 28 Jan 2006 :  20:54:14  Show Profile  Visit Steven Schend's Homepage Send Steven Schend a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Octa

Steven- I just downloaded Empires of the Shining Sea after I asked this question on Ed's thread because I didn't know that you you were the expert. Anyways, here it is about the Arn Rock:

Ed +THO, I've been trying to think up a question and I think I have one of general interest.
It concerns the Arn Rock in the center of the lake of steam. Everytime I look at it it screams Melnibone. There seems to be very little lore on the island. So my question is this:
Who was living on the Arn Rock before it went all Santorini? Were there any ancient civilisations centered there? We know that the lake of steam has been populated since pre-history, but it mainly considered a crossroads between Coramashan and Jhaamdath rather than a region in its own right. Were there any empires centered there, other than the Occasional Aencar uniting a few of the independent cities together for a single lifetime.
And the Arn Rock, any chance for an empire of draconic-human hybrids living there in the age of dragons or some other prehistoric time.
thanks for any additional information you can give, I know how busy you are and am just shocked at how accessible you make yourself to the fans.

I was of the mind that the Arn Rock was always an overwarm to hot island volcano that, while its only on-the-record eruption was noted during the Threat from the Sea storyline, was uninhabitable by all save perhaps those who thrive in volcanic gases and heat and the like. I would be loathe to put in a whole civilization and/or race there during any time already recorded into history, simply because their presence would have thrown off the balances of powers among the beholders, the genies, the humans, etc.

That said, if you want it inhabitable et al during the Age of Dragons, why not? You could even make it such that that area was much higher and the sea/bay was only a few rivers leading to the Shining Sea. Then something huge happened that sparked a huge Krakatoa like eruption that caused the whole area to explode and sink and the sea comes rushing in to fill the void....

Steven
Whose mind already linked it to one possibility like the High Magic wave that scoured out Jhaamdath, but he doesn't want to repeat the same trick each time....but if it were part and parcel of the Crown Wars and perhaps one of the most heinous things done before the Illythiiri went dhaerow......

Go to Top of Page

Skeptic
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1273 Posts

Posted - 30 Jan 2006 :  14:36:30  Show Profile Send Skeptic a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Steven,

When I asked for the Nemessor Tunnels, I forgot to look at Underdark where they got some details.

Now, I have some questions for the Calimport author

In my current campaign, the PCs want to take some "vacancies" far away from Waterdeep, where they have some troubles. They want to buy/sell some magic items and they are looking for the south metropolis. Of course I want to put them in some trouble there, and I read about the Dark Bazaars..

Can you explain me what was your idea with the Grey Caller, it's just a title? What kind of people/creature are chosen to be one, etc.

Also, I'm not sure how to play the reaction vs a "northen adventurer group" in Calimport, because they are somewhat powerfull (around level 15). They won't be impressed by commoners not wanting to help them finding their way around..

I would say that I want to show them that Calimport is even more dangerous for them than Waterdeep (even if they are Evil) and give them some unique opportunities (Going into Muzad, etc.)

About Muzad, they are acustomed to Skullport, how would you picture the difference between this two "metropolis dark side" ?

Thanks for any help.

P.S. Edit : Another quick one, (if you know) what happened to Stardock after "Halaster's High haverstide events" in canon lore ? I may introduce the Ahloon detailled in the related module in my current campaign (as a Twisted rune member).

Edited by - Skeptic on 01 Feb 2006 02:50:10
Go to Top of Page

Falkomur
Acolyte

1 Posts

Posted - 31 Jan 2006 :  18:16:05  Show Profile  Visit Falkomur's Homepage Send Falkomur a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've got a question for Mr. Schend. What would be the current dealings and doings of Meleghost Starseer? I read his entry in the new City of Splendors accesory, and had a little discussion about him with Kuje, but I'm not so good in imagining the plans of an evil high priest. We kind of devoloped the idea, he is trying to get back in favor with the clergy and the Watchfull Order by getting some nasty information about the Red Wizards. That way, he'll have an explanation about his dealings with them, and he might get back in favor with the clergy and the Order, slipping them some scrolls of say Life Bolt. Further more we thought he might have some plan as to influence dragons with his "friend" Maaril. But honestly I have no idea what an evil high priest of Mystra is up to. Can you help me out, and tell me something about his character, or any other idea for that matter? Thanks in advance, a Dutch DM.

Edited by - Falkomur on 31 Jan 2006 18:30:53
Go to Top of Page

Hoondatha
Great Reader

USA
2449 Posts

Posted - 02 Feb 2006 :  01:22:56  Show Profile  Visit Hoondatha's Homepage Send Hoondatha a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Along the lines of the prior question, I'm running my party through Stardock now, and if past is prologue they're not just going to succeed, but succeed brilliantly (they actually have the power to take on the liches... I had fun with them in Undermountain). Anyway, being the devious DM that I am, I have a number of ideas for "Halaster's paying attention/saying thank you" to the party afterward, but I wanted to ask what your five or ten most interesting ideas for that are. What would Halaster do, if you were writing him?

Doggedly converting 3e back to what D&D should be...
Sigh... And now 4e as well.
Go to Top of Page

Steven Schend

USA
1705 Posts

Posted - 06 Feb 2006 :  18:47:35  Show Profile  Visit Steven Schend's Homepage Send Steven Schend a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've finally copied down the last 3 questions/posts on this board and I'll hopefully get to answering them with some thought (not haste) this week. Alas, I'm caught in a maelstrom of chaos at present, so don't lose hope or assume I'm ignoring your queries.

Steven
Who begs George for help in naming courtier families of the Shoon Imperium....

Go to Top of Page

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 06 Feb 2006 :  19:37:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

I've finally copied down the last 3 questions/posts on this board and I'll hopefully get to answering them with some thought (not haste) this week. Alas, I'm caught in a maelstrom of chaos at present, so don't lose hope or assume I'm ignoring your queries.

Steven

Aw, thanks for the devotion.
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6635 Posts

Posted - 06 Feb 2006 :  23:05:21  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Steven

Just send 'em through to my work e-mail Steven (gkrashos@tolisco.com.au) and I'll give you a hand. No problems.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 07 Feb 2006 :  00:39:20  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Not a question... But Steven, I deeply approve of your choice of "avatar" . Very fitting indeed...

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36775 Posts

Posted - 07 Feb 2006 :  02:06:05  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

Not a question... But Steven, I deeply approve of your choice of "avatar" . Very fitting indeed...

'Twas actually my handiwork. I thought it fitting, too.

(I used the full version of Adobe to export the images from the pdf of the 2E FRCS boxed set, then used my non-l33t skillz to crop it and resize it.)

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Steven Schend

USA
1705 Posts

Posted - 07 Feb 2006 :  18:35:08  Show Profile  Visit Steven Schend's Homepage Send Steven Schend a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

'Twas actually my handiwork. I thought it fitting, too.

(I used the full version of Adobe to export the images from the pdf of the 2E FRCS boxed set, then used my non-l33t skillz to crop it and resize it.)

And I thank you greatly for it.....

SES

Go to Top of Page

Hoondatha
Great Reader

USA
2449 Posts

Posted - 07 Feb 2006 :  19:15:30  Show Profile  Visit Hoondatha's Homepage Send Hoondatha a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I like it too, though I'm away from my books at the moment, so I'm curious. What is it the symbol of?

Go to Top of Page

Skeptic
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1273 Posts

Posted - 07 Feb 2006 :  19:31:04  Show Profile Send Skeptic a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Blackstaff's sigil.
Go to Top of Page

Hoondatha
Great Reader

USA
2449 Posts

Posted - 07 Feb 2006 :  23:28:03  Show Profile  Visit Hoondatha's Homepage Send Hoondatha a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ah, thanks. Yeah, that makes a lot of sense.

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36775 Posts

Posted - 08 Feb 2006 :  02:03:27  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Steven had mentioned the possibility of getting a tatoo like that. When I bought the 2E FRCS pdf, it occurred to me that I could do that avatar for him. So I did.

Go to Top of Page

Lemernis
Senior Scribe

378 Posts

Posted - 08 Feb 2006 :  10:58:13  Show Profile  Visit Lemernis's Homepage Send Lemernis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Here's a set of questions for Steven regarding Amnian society's hostile attitude towards the practice of arcane magic.

It's a bit unclear to me if the practice of magic and possession of magical items in Amn is officially against the law. Here is some of the language used:

quote:
"wizards are censured, shunned, and nearly outlawed..."

"the outlawed Cowled Wizards... moved underground... each cell... is isolated"

"fear and prejudice against mages...the relative intolerance to magic..."

"Waukeen's temple in Riatavin, the Lodge of Coins, has one of the few elaborate and open uses of magic in all of Amn..."

And the following quotes make me wonder if the authorities in Amn actively seek and confiscate magic items, and whether the government also punishes people for selling or owning them:

quote:
"As the [Waukeen's] Promenade is constantly patrolled by the city guards while open, few illegal or magical items can be found here...

"The Eshpurta Road... is patrolled by Council-sponsored groups of 20 mounted, armed men who can search caravans for contraband and illegal goods..."

The description of the Meisarch's role suggests that all adventurers and wizards in Amn must register with his office. Am I correct in understanding that while magic is an "underground" and "nearly outlawed" activity that is barely tolerated, wizards are allowed to openly reside and practice in Amn as long as they are registered? And if the practice of magic is regulated as such by the Council, then why would the Cowls remain an underground society? I understand that Cowls went underground over 5o years priot to the establishment of the Council of Six. But if magic users now register, and are then tolerated by the government, doesn't that suggests that the Cowled Wizards really don't have to remain a secret society any longer?

How does the registration and regulation of mages (and adventurers for that matter) by the Council work in the central rural plain? In Amnwater, let's say?

If magic is illegal, does the patrol of Council-sponsored riders who inspect caravans remove magic items? Given the prohibitions against use of arcane magic, how do they safely and effectively accomplish this task? With divine magic (eg, Greater Spell Immunity? etc)? And wouldn't they patrol a wider region than just the Eshpurta Road, i.e., all throughout Amn's trade routes? Do they regularly make the rounds through all of Amn's communities, both large and small?

If a magic item is considered contraband, and is confiscated in the course of a patrol's inspection, is there a penalty for possession of a magical item? What types of punishments are meted out?

And finally, the Sythillisians (and their allies the Cyricists) control the Small Teeth, southern Umar Hills, and Lake Esmel region--and presumably they have no compunction about the use of magic. Has Amnian society's hostile attitude towards arcane magic changed in light of that? In other words, there is a war going on against an enemy who gains a decided advantage by its use of magic. Has Amnian society--or, indeed, the central government--softened its hostile stance towards magic in light of the war effort?

In trying to set up a campaign in this region, I'm presented with a quandry. On the one hand, I love that Amn is a 'low magic' setting--at least for the 'good' guy PCs, i.e., those allied with free Amn. I like the notion that magic is an underground, secret activity, indeed an 'outlawed' or illegal activity (and if so, presumably one that is punished--otherwise why would it be underground to begin with?). I'd like to retain these conventions, if possible.

If this is how things are in free Amn, then free Amn is hamstrung in their war effort by the society's deepseated fear and suspicion of arcane magic. Under this scenario, in terms of play balance, I would think it places too much of an advantage in the hands of the Sythillisians. I.e., the Sythillisians freely use magic, whereas the Amnians can't bring themselves to. And then imo free Amn needs to balance that advantage with a higher level of divine magic than the Sythillisians. I think a dynamic of that sort could offer some interesting quirks. It's something out of the ordinary.

On the other hand, if free Amn has changed its attitude towards the use of arcane magic in light of the war, then so be it. It's logical that they would, actually. But then the play balance is more conventional, and more standard fare.

Anyway, what are your thoughts about how a DM might operationalize this material about Amn's intolerance of magic in light of the war with the Sythillisian Empire? I realize that much is left openended for the DM, and there's a lot of room for creativity here. But I do want for whatever I do to be as consistent with canon as possible, so that it squares up reasonably well with whatever future canon will eventually be rolled out for this region.

Edit: Ah, I see that there is some information avilable along those lines in Empires of the Sands pp. 5-6, but I'm very still curious whether that info is the current canon take on the subject, and what the most recent author to develop this region thinks, regardless.

Edited by - Lemernis on 08 Feb 2006 21:49:29
Go to Top of Page

Skeptic
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1273 Posts

Posted - 08 Feb 2006 :  13:32:24  Show Profile Send Skeptic a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Steven had mentioned the possibility of getting a tatoo like that.

Hmm.. he wouldn't fear Mystra's curse ?

Edited by - Skeptic on 08 Feb 2006 13:32:37
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36775 Posts

Posted - 08 Feb 2006 :  21:59:59  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Skeptic

quote:

Steven had mentioned the possibility of getting a tatoo like that.

Hmm.. he wouldn't fear Mystra's curse ?

Nope, he's safe so long as he doesn't try to use it as a wizard's mark.

Go to Top of Page

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 11 Feb 2006 :  14:10:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Steven, I'm reading through Cloak and Dagger again in search of this or that reference to something, and I came across the "Seven Swords of the Shoon" on page 30. Do you have any clue what those might be? It is mentioned that two of them are currently or have been in the possession of the Tel'Teukiira, but no more.
Go to Top of Page

Asgetrion
Master of Realmslore

Finland
1564 Posts

Posted - 13 Feb 2006 :  00:04:04  Show Profile  Visit Asgetrion's Homepage Send Asgetrion a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sage Schend, I asked both Eds (Bonny and Greenwood) about possible elven presence in Cormyr (near the Vast Swamp, to be exact) before the reign of Thauglor or the fallen Orva, since I think it might be reasonable to assume that the elves of Cormanthor would have had at least some kind of "outposts" (if not actual kingdoms/realms) in that area.

Mr. Bonny suggested that there might have been small family "enclaves" or outposts. What do you think?

Another question regards Orva, which apparently fell around -900 DR (I do not remember exact date). Would they have been Netherese or Jhaamdathan explorers, or maybe survivors/descendants of Thaeraevel of the Alabaster Towers? What would be your opinion of their origin?

If Sage Krashos also happens to read this, your opinions would also be most highly appreciated and regarded

"What am I doing today? Ask me tomorrow - I can be sure of giving you the right answer then."
-- Askarran of Selgaunt, Master Sage, speaking to a curious merchant, Year of the Helm
Go to Top of Page

Octa
Learned Scribe

USA
138 Posts

Posted - 14 Feb 2006 :  16:26:37  Show Profile  Visit Octa's Homepage Send Octa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Steven- Quick one:

What was the family name of the rulers of Mintar deposed by Teldorn Darkhope.
Go to Top of Page

Skeptic
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1273 Posts

Posted - 14 Feb 2006 :  17:28:24  Show Profile Send Skeptic a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If you are the one who created Teldorn Darkhope and his knights, can you say from where they could originate (before the assault on Mintar). If not, can you tell me who created them ?
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36775 Posts

Posted - 27 Feb 2006 :  17:10:46  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hiya, Steven! Another question for you... We know, thanks to the City of Splendors: Waterdeep book, that Waterdeep's navy consists of 55 ships, of various types and functions. What we don't know is anything about the ships, other than their types.

So, have you any ship names, noteworthy captains, or ship lore to add? I'm trying to exhaust other sources of lore before I take the question to Ed...

Go to Top of Page

Gerath Hoan
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
152 Posts

Posted - 09 Mar 2006 :  22:19:14  Show Profile Send Gerath Hoan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Steven,

As a person of some authority on Tethyr, I thought I'd ask you this quick question.

In D&D 3.0 and 3.5 we now have Wild Elves and Wood Elves, two seperate sub-species. Which type dwells in the Forest of Tethyr? I know there are two tribes there, so is there one tribe of each variety?

Thanks in advance,

GH

Knight of the Order of the Keen Eye - Granted by Ed Greenwood, 30th January 2005
Go to Top of Page

Dhomal
Senior Scribe

USA
565 Posts

Posted - 09 Mar 2006 :  22:53:38  Show Profile Send Dhomal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello-

Greetings Steven! Fine work over the years, very fine indeed! I am also looking forward to Blackstaff - and am doubly-glad that it is one of the wizards series - and thus - not part of a series - so I can devour it as soon as it arrives at work!

Now - I do have a question - one that I seriously don't expect you to have a specific answer for off the top of your head - but I'd be wrong in not asking. :)

In the Empire of the Shining Sea and Calimport accessories - you put in two references to Shaundakul:

1) In EotSS - there is The Protectors House - a temple that houses four shrines - one to Shaundakul - in addition to three other 'protector' / travel deities - Selune, Valkur, and Ibrandul.

2) In Calimport - there is mention of a "pilgrimage site" to Shaundakul near the city's edge that is gaining noteriety among caravan drivers faithful to Shaundakul - though mention is made that none of his priests are aware of this yet.

My main questions about this are:

1) I'm curious as to How the shrine and the pilgrimage spot came into being - especially in light of Shaundakul's mostly North-centric worship and that I have yet to track down any other connection to Shaundakul further south than the Stonelands / Ordulin level.

2) Also - any brief thoughts as to the current status of either of these two locations, including the status of the shrine to Ibrandul (Shar) would be most welcome.

And yes - I'm working up some information on Shaundakul - and it gets more and more awkward and large in scope as I go - and I'm not sure if thats a bad thing - or a good one....

Dhomal

I am collecting the D&D Minis. I would be more than willing to trade with people. You can send me a PM here with your email listed - and I can send you my minis list. Thanks!

Successfully traded with Xysma!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 57 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000