Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Chamber of Sages
 Questions for Steven Schend
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 57

Steven Schend
Forgotten Realms Designer & Author

USA
1705 Posts

Posted - 22 Dec 2005 :  20:31:27  Show Profile  Visit Steven Schend's Homepage Send Steven Schend a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jamallo Kreen

In Empires of the Sands there is (very disappointing!) directive to consult Lands of Intrigue and Calimport for recent news of Shoon VII's doings. The only reference I could find in Calimport was a brief note that he was a Cowled Wizard and was searching for _____ . Are there other references to him in that book? Anyone?

Can't recall off hand (as I wrote this too long ago) and the searching function on my copy of Calimport is bollixed.

That said, there's been more discussion here on this folder re: Shoon VII than I think we ever managed to get into print. Keep the questions coming or just tell us what you've done with him/her in your campaign.

Steven

For current projects and general natter, see www.steveneschend.com
Go to Top of Page

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 22 Dec 2005 :  21:01:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Steven Schend

On Shoon going through the gender blender: Well, unless I'm suddenly contracted to write a Shoon novel, my thoughts on this are strictly academic and/or idea generators for y'all. You've got a highly different and distinct take on it that's fascinating and great for many, many campaign ideas. I just happen to disagree (for my own personal take on Shoon, which falls more toward the `he'll use any weapon in his arsenal, whether it's a spell or sexual allure, to get what he wants' school).

Fair.

quote:
To really muddy the waters, who's to say he'd not done the gender-shift thing back in the days while alive both to try it out and as a disguise by which he could spy on his own courtiers? Come to think of it, that'd be a really cool fantasy trope to look at--a male ruler who changes into a female in order to guarantee/be 100% certain that his/her heir was his/hers. How's that for a disturbing take on that particular item in issue?

Wow. I *really* like that idea. Can I steal it?

quote:
Re: illusionary courtiers.....`fraid I have no names or faces at present. Chime me on this in the new year and maybe we'll be able to generate a few building off of common names salted around Amn, Tethyr, and Calimshan. Think of this idea as a wide-open door for GMs to link their campaign NPCs to a greater plot, a wider history, and still not be stuck. In other words, torment PCs with one villain, have him killed numerous times (and Shoon keeps bringing him back or posing as him illusorally), and he's still going.....

Will do. And now you're making me want to use Shoon in one of my own games...despite my vow not to do so earlier. And the fact that I have games in Baldur's Gate and Erlkazar, both of which could lead easily to Shoon. Damn you, Steven. *starts gathering more information on Shoon*

Speaking of Erlkazar, in the Erlkazar booklet in LoI, it looks like the entry on who the baron(ess) of Carrelath Barony in your game was was cut out-do you remember who that might be?

quote:
LOVED that image you wove of the River Agis...and it's a good idea that the river itself might actually scour out smallish items from the catacombs beneath the Mount and wash them into the river. By the by, Shoon does have animated skelteons and sea zombies patrolling the river bed to prevent treasure seekers from stealing "his" stuff....and it seems they're frantically seeking out something between the size of a dagger and a bracelet (as they ignore rings and coins and things larger than short swords)....just FYI.

Thanks...and now I want to write up Shoonach myself...choices, choices, choices...
Go to Top of Page

Foxhelm
Senior Scribe

Canada
592 Posts

Posted - 23 Dec 2005 :  02:36:34  Show Profile Send Foxhelm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Quick Question...

With the difficult travel from Faerun to Maztica, especially for those from Waterdeep, why hasn't anyone thought about building a portal from Faerun to Maztica and back? The Deeps and the Gates have wizards and clerics and even the Amns have clerics. The only thing I can think of is that Gates are harder to make in 2ed. But with 3ed rules they are more easy to make.

I can see the next big conflict in Maztica is the Portal conflicts. With Harpers that were back by Khelban (some of whom might be Moonstars by now), I can see the secret development of Portals for New Waterdeep. I can see Flaming Fist camp being brought into this.

Then I can see the poop hit the fan when the Amnites find out.

Any thoughts? I know this will not be cannon, but I just want to see someone with the hint of being offical weigh in on this.

Thanks.

Ed Greenwood! The Solution... and Cause of all the Realms Problems!
Go to Top of Page

Steven Schend

USA
1705 Posts

Posted - 23 Dec 2005 :  22:38:06  Show Profile  Visit Steven Schend's Homepage Send Steven Schend a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Foxhelm

Quick Question...

With the difficult travel from Faerun to Maztica, especially for those from Waterdeep, why hasn't anyone thought about building a portal from Faerun to Maztica and back? The Deeps and the Gates have wizards and clerics and even the Amns have clerics. The only thing I can think of is that Gates are harder to make in 2ed. But with 3ed rules they are more easy to make.

I can see the next big conflict in Maztica is the Portal conflicts. With Harpers that were back by Khelban (some of whom might be Moonstars by now), I can see the secret development of Portals for New Waterdeep. I can see Flaming Fist camp being brought into this.

Then I can see the poop hit the fan when the Amnites find out.

Any thoughts? I know this will not be cannon, but I just want to see someone with the hint of being offical weigh in on this.

Thanks.

Sorry, as I'm not anyone official. However, I suspect I'm more invested in Maztica and its colonies than most still remaining at WotC. Put that canon away before you shoot your eye out.

As for why there's no gates/portals to/from the mainland to Maztica, well a few reasons:
A) they're expensive to make on many levels, and they're rarely worth using strictly for trade;

B) those who spent fortunes building New Waterdeep and run the ships back and forth have a vested interest in keeping this sort of thing from happening, as it undercuts their business;

C) Who's to say Khelben doesn't already have a few ways to bounce back and forth WITHOUT using portals?

From where I'm sitting and thinking, I'd vote for no portal wars myself. Portals are hardly meant to be public travelpoints, and thus their existence would tend to be kept secret. Thus, it'd be a good adventure/campaign hook that the PCs learn of either a building or a built gate/portal and various and sundry are trying to find it to use for whatever reason.

On that trio of Harpers in Maztica, here's a thought: Other than Elminster, no other Master Harper knows they exist over there and thus they're defacto Tel'Teukiira long before the fact.

Oh, and one of their tasks set by Khelben is to keep anyone from building gates/portals between the two continents. They ask him why and he prevaricates and then stares at them until they stop asking. I've asked him and gotten the stare myself, so I'd guess it's either someone Mystra wants or it's part of one of Khelben's long-game plans....

That help or hinder? When in doubt, do what works and is the most fun for you and your players. Ignore this man behind the curtain.

Go to Top of Page

Steven Schend

USA
1705 Posts

Posted - 23 Dec 2005 :  22:42:23  Show Profile  Visit Steven Schend's Homepage Send Steven Schend a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And Arivia, drawing a blank on the Carrelath baroness right now. I'll try and track it down ASAP (and remind me when I forget, as is my unfortunate habit of late). As for the male-pregnancy thing, go ahead; feel free to use any ideas bounced around here. No copyrights of my own to protect.

Hope all of you have a happy and safe holiday filled with luck, laughter, and love. Take care and have a joyous Yule (my holiday), a Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Carefree Kwanzaa, or perhaps the newest Great Quanuhanumas! Take care, and we'll see y'all next year (unless I unexpectedly get back online next week after the holiday).

Edited by - Steven Schend on 23 Dec 2005 22:44:42
Go to Top of Page

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 23 Dec 2005 :  22:48:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

And Arivia, drawing a blank on the Carrelath baroness right now. I'll try and track it down ASAP (and remind me when I forget, as is my unfortunate habit of late). As for the male-pregnancy thing, go ahead; feel free to use any ideas bounced around here. No copyrights of my own to protect.

Hope all of you have a happy and safe holiday filled with luck, laughter, and love. Take care and have a joyous Yule (my holiday), a Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Carefree Kwanzaa, or perhaps the newest Great Quanuhanumas! Take care, and we'll see y'all next year (unless I unexpectedly get back online next week after the holiday).

Okay, thanks. *will make sure to note you about that and the Shoonite nobles in the new year*

Enjoy your holidays.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36775 Posts

Posted - 24 Dec 2005 :  01:34:09  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And a joyous Yule to you, too, friend Steven!

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 24 Dec 2005 :  06:02:10  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ah, Sage Schend... Enjoy Yule .

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Kajehase
Great Reader

Sweden
2104 Posts

Posted - 24 Dec 2005 :  06:24:45  Show Profile Send Kajehase a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yup, yup, A god jul to you Steven.

There is a rumour going around that I have found god. I think is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist.
Terry Pratchett
Go to Top of Page

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 06 Jan 2006 :  17:07:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Okay, Steven, you asked me to remind you about these outstanding questions in 2006:

1) Do you have any idea *which* Shoonite nobles Shoon might impersonate to fulfill his aims? (Must get the wonderful Shoon thinking rounds going again)

2) Do you recall who the baron(ess) of Carrelath Barony in Erlkazar was in your game? It isn't in your notes in LoI.

Edited by - Arivia on 06 Jan 2006 17:08:31
Go to Top of Page

Foxhelm
Senior Scribe

Canada
592 Posts

Posted - 12 Jan 2006 :  18:24:51  Show Profile Send Foxhelm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Here's a quick question that has peeked my curiousity...

What would Khelban do if he discovered tomorrow that Laeral was pregnant with his child?

I can see that with his love affair with Laeral that the first reaction would be joy. However with all of his enemies and plots in the fire, he might be worried that the child would be in danger. So would he be looking for a place the child could be raised in safety?

Could it also give him the temptation to step up his plans for a better Faerun, to create a better world for the child? Or would it just give birth to a hundred more plots that he has to juggle?

There is also the question about what would happen if two choosen of Mystra were to have kids? Would the child hold a fragment of that power? Especially since the Seven Sisters could be said to have Mystra as a mother?

Would they come out more likely as planetouched (Perhaps the Lawful version from MM2 who's names escapes me, as Mystra 2.0 had a LN alignment)? Would they be born with the power of Spellfire? Have a nature gift with spells?

(Maybe I should Ask Ed this question as well. Perhaps using Elminster and the Simbul. Of course with the Simbul pregnant that might cause the Red Wizards to go on Vacation. ^_^ ).

Thanks, just curious.

Ed Greenwood! The Solution... and Cause of all the Realms Problems!

Edited by - Foxhelm on 12 Jan 2006 18:29:12
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6635 Posts

Posted - 12 Jan 2006 :  22:39:11  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hmmm, the first offspring of two Chosen of Mystra. I'm guessing that the first thing Khelben would have to do is find a safe place to raise the child. But of course, Khelben knows this too ...

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36775 Posts

Posted - 12 Jan 2006 :  22:51:46  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There's not been much to indicate that the children of Mystra's Chosen have any special abilities.

And one bit of oddness with the Chosen of Mystra: none of them can have a child unless Mystra okays it.

Go to Top of Page

KnightErrantJR
Great Reader

USA
5402 Posts

Posted - 12 Jan 2006 :  23:02:54  Show Profile  Visit KnightErrantJR's Homepage Send KnightErrantJR a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Actually, from what Ed has said, Aglarond might be in for a tough time if the Simbul got pregnant, as female spellcasters generally forgo magical practice until after the child is brought to term, for fear of magically altering/warping the child.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 13 Jan 2006 :  00:28:28  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

There's not been much to indicate that the children of Mystra's Chosen have any special abilities.

Just to expand a little on what the Furry Hamster just said...

The select children of each of Mystra's Chosen haven't particularly displayed any real abilities with regard to either silverfire or the Mystra's Chosen powers of their parents. There have, of course, been many examples of offspring from Chosen of Mystra parents, but there has been no specific details or lore about whether these particular offspring have any of the powers of their parents.

None of the children from any of the Seven Sisters have ever displayed any significant abilities because of the blood in their veins. Maura certainly hasn't and neither has Qilue's daughter. There isn't much canon material to support, with complete certainty, whether Alustriel's daughters have any abilities, but given the examples of other offspring from some of the Seven Sisters, it also seems unlikely. In addition, the male offspring of Dove has also shown no proficiency. And even considering the case of Narna, neither does Elminster's offspring. Alustriel's sons haven't demonstrated any Chosen abilities either.

Oh, and we have little information about Khelben's offspring, so we can't make any completely accurate assumptions there either.

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 13 Jan 2006 :  00:32:39  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh, and a little factoid from Steven that some may have forgotten -

"Funny you should mention that Sage.....

You will meet no less than three descendants and a half-sister of Khelben in the novel (two of whom have been mentioned in Realmslore before, though not revealed as relatives before). I've done a full workup on his family trees, but it remains to be seen if I'll ever be able to publish it.

That said, yes, you'll learn a few dribs and drabs more about the Chosen and their children in BLACKSTAFF, but no, you won't meet Khelben's and Laeral's child(ren) therein. If they were around, we'd have to name the book BLACKCLOUT.

Steven"

Go to Top of Page

Jamallo Kreen
Master of Realmslore

USA
1537 Posts

Posted - 13 Jan 2006 :  01:28:23  Show Profile  Visit Jamallo Kreen's Homepage Send Jamallo Kreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have finally started reading Sea of Fallen Stars (totally boss, dude!), and I have a question about the Dukar path which enables one to take on the forms of other creatures: could someone assume the guise of an aboleth and, by consuming a real aboleth, obtain the collective memory which they can share, or is that considered a "special ability" which the path, per definitio does not confer?

(Please to forgive any spelling errors above, I don't have the book with me at the moment.)

I have a mouth, but I am in a library and must not scream.

Feed the poor and stroke your ego, too: http://www.freerice.com/index.php.

Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6635 Posts

Posted - 13 Jan 2006 :  02:01:10  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Steven has indeed created the Blackstaff family tree - and it's a monster. The man has an eye for the details, that's for sure.

Re children of the Chosen, note that a child from Khelben and Laeral is a child of TWO Chosen, not one and another human/oid. That's pretty unique and kind of special in my book - interesting times if that ever happened.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 13 Jan 2006 :  03:10:42  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

Re children of the Chosen, note that a child from Khelben and Laeral is a child of TWO Chosen, not one and another human/oid. That's pretty unique and kind of special in my book - interesting times if that ever happened.
Good point Krash... I wonder whether that in itself would warrant the development of anything in particular regarding Chosen abilities in the offspring due to their being the product of two Chosen.

Hmmm... Steven's a Marvel Universe fan . I'm thinking maybe this would be similar to what occurs when two superheroes with strange abilities or mutants perhaps, in the Marvel Universe mate and produce a significantly more powerful child with greater abilities... Franklin Richards anyone?

Any comments Sage Schend?

Edited by - The Sage on 13 Jan 2006 03:12:45
Go to Top of Page

KnightErrantJR
Great Reader

USA
5402 Posts

Posted - 13 Jan 2006 :  03:12:53  Show Profile  Visit KnightErrantJR's Homepage Send KnightErrantJR a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'd be really scared if Khelbun and Laeral produced a "Franklin" with their union. Maybe that's why Mystra is careful about letting them have children!

(Yes, I know, technically Reed and Sue aren't mutants, but c'mon . . . its Franklin!)

Edited by - KnightErrantJR on 13 Jan 2006 03:13:46
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 13 Jan 2006 :  03:17:59  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Franklin was considered a mutant though... as I recall per the Onslaught: Marvel Universe saga. Which is why he made such a perfect melding for the Xavier/Magneto psionically merged entity.

You could be right about Mystra putting in place a sort of "unofficial" ban on Chosen having offspring, or rather, they are closely monitored by her after the birth to watch for any peculiar abilities that might spring up and perhaps potentially threaten the Weave.

Go to Top of Page

Steven Schend

USA
1705 Posts

Posted - 13 Jan 2006 :  22:30:17  Show Profile  Visit Steven Schend's Homepage Send Steven Schend a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Arivia

Okay, Steven, you asked me to remind you about these outstanding questions in 2006:

1) Do you have any idea *which* Shoonite nobles Shoon might impersonate to fulfill his aims? (Must get the wonderful Shoon thinking rounds going again)

2) Do you recall who the baron(ess) of Carrelath Barony in Erlkazar was in your game? It isn't in your notes in LoI.

Still haven't had time to scare up or create names for Shoonite nobles, alas. Perhaps toward the end of the month....

As for the baroness....the only one I could find/remember was:

Hints & History: The Baroness Tanistan is High Watcher
Laxaella Bronshield (LG hef P8#151;Helm), who still mourns the
loss of her elven husband Rysodyl Boughstrong at the hands of
the Goblin King Ertyk Uhl. She buries herself in her duties,
protecting the south and maintaining the garrisons.

There is some overlap/intended confusion in that the Tanistan lands were once part of the county of Correlath:

Praskallest is the surviving manor house and estate of the
former Count of Correlath. Now it is a staging area and primary
garrison for the southern armies, and also the official
keep of the baroness. It is located west of Five Spears Hold, between
the hold and Mount Noblesse in Tethyr.
#149;
As for the unknown/unstated baron/baroness of Carrelath: It's a dwarf, as always. "#149; Since the days of Shanatar, this area has been ruled by a shield dwarf warrior or priest, regardless of its overlord."

So if, for some reason, you want the leader to definitely be a woman, she's a dwarf. Perhaps she's even been blessed with thunder twins and sorcerers at that, as they might by now be ready to help defend those territories.

If I've bungled up some reference, it's my bad, but this is all the info I can scrapple up for now.

Take care, Arivia et al.

Go to Top of Page

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 13 Jan 2006 :  23:39:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Still haven't had time to scare up or create names for Shoonite nobles, alas. Perhaps toward the end of the month....

As for the baroness....the only one I could find/remember was:

Hints & History: The Baroness Tanistan is High Watcher
Laxaella Bronshield (LG hef P8#151;Helm), who still mourns the
loss of her elven husband Rysodyl Boughstrong at the hands of
the Goblin King Ertyk Uhl. She buries herself in her duties,
protecting the south and maintaining the garrisons.

There is some overlap/intended confusion in that the Tanistan lands were once part of the county of Correlath:

Praskallest is the surviving manor house and estate of the
former Count of Correlath. Now it is a staging area and primary
garrison for the southern armies, and also the official
keep of the baroness. It is located west of Five Spears Hold, between
the hold and Mount Noblesse in Tethyr.
#149;
As for the unknown/unstated baron/baroness of Carrelath: It's a dwarf, as always. "#149; Since the days of Shanatar, this area has been ruled by a shield dwarf warrior or priest, regardless of its overlord."

So if, for some reason, you want the leader to definitely be a woman, she's a dwarf. Perhaps she's even been blessed with thunder twins and sorcerers at that, as they might by now be ready to help defend those territories.

If I've bungled up some reference, it's my bad, but this is all the info I can scrapple up for now.

Take care, Arivia et al.

Okay-great. Thanks on my behalf, and on the behalf of my players.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 14 Jan 2006 :  01:25:58  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

Good point Krash... I wonder whether that in itself would warrant the development of anything in particular regarding Chosen abilities in the offspring due to their being the product of two Chosen.

Hmmm... Steven's a Marvel Universe fan . I'm thinking maybe this would be similar to what occurs when two superheroes with strange abilities or mutants perhaps, in the Marvel Universe mate and produce a significantly more powerful child with greater abilities... Franklin Richards anyone?

Any comments Sage Schend?

A little prodding...

Go to Top of Page

Rowan
Acolyte

USA
9 Posts

Posted - 14 Jan 2006 :  03:50:22  Show Profile  Visit Rowan's Homepage Send Rowan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
You could be right about Mystra putting in place a sort of "unofficial" ban on Chosen having offspring, or rather, they are closely monitored by her after the birth to watch for any peculiar abilities that might spring up and perhaps potentially threaten the Weave.

Well, I don't think there IS a ban...after all, Alustriel has many children and Dove has a son of her own.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36775 Posts

Posted - 14 Jan 2006 :  05:31:33  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rowan

quote:

Well, I don't think there IS a ban...after all, Alustriel has many children and Dove has a son of her own.

Ed has said that Mystra's Chosen only have kids if Mystra wills it; unfortunately, I don't have that quote handy. I do have this quote, though, which backs up that there is a ban:

quote:
The original Mystra seemed to encourage Alustriel to have children (why? Hoho! SO many mysteries, waved before you!), because she conceived every nine months and a day or two, giving Faerun a succession of healthy males in a series of easy births (and being little constricted or uncomfortable while pregnant, because rather than acquiring a ballooning belly, the High Lady always put on weight all over, and retained her poise, balance, and activities). Yes, she’s given birth to females, and no, I’m not going to say ANYTHING more about that for future schemes reasons. :} The new Mystra may have other ideas, because (as far as Elminster knows -- and he doesn’t hesitate to ask her, straight out) Alustriel isn’t pregnant right now, and shows no signs of becoming so.

Go to Top of Page

Steven Schend

USA
1705 Posts

Posted - 14 Jan 2006 :  07:30:23  Show Profile  Visit Steven Schend's Homepage Send Steven Schend a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Re: Khelben and Laeral and buns in the oven....

No comment.

On Khelben's reaction--a wide tidal wave of emotions unspoken and unhinted even to the person standing next to him--his thoughts and emotions are his own and not shared willingly. As for the safety of his child, can you think of many safer places than Blackstaff Tower?

On Khelben's thought re: Fzoul betraying their agreement--"Unlike your Lord Neville Chamberlain, I have multitudinous ways to wreak my displeasure upon Lord Chembryl, should he renege on his word. Nor am I so squeamish as to stay my hand if such should happen."

On Steven's thoughts---tiredsleepymustrestgobed

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 14 Jan 2006 :  08:17:27  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Re: Khelben and Laeral and buns in the oven....

No comment.
Hmmm... Do I smell something cooking .

No comment as in NDA, or just, no... no comment?

Go to Top of Page

Vvornth
Acolyte

Sweden
48 Posts

Posted - 14 Jan 2006 :  11:15:04  Show Profile  Visit Vvornth's Homepage Send Vvornth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This is one I just came up with out of curiosity.

Can we expect Khelben becoming aware of The Twisted Rune's role in Zelphars death any time soon?

It's good to be king
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 14 Jan 2006 :  16:32:43  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rowan

quote:

Ed's comments that Wooly quoted above about female Chosen having offspring was what I was actually thinking about in terms of the supposed "unofficial ban" on two Chosen of Mystra having children together.

In other words... Mystra, either first or second, doesn't directly say "no births", but neither have they greatly encouraged it -- Mystra I's example with Alustriel notwithstanding, as well as other episodes of Chosen having children.

Perhaps Mystra II would allow a birth from two Chosen, for some "specific" reason that is unfathomable for mortals -- but not other Chosen. I'm thinking here of how Ed says -

quote:
The new Mystra may have other ideas, because (as far as Elminster knows -- and he doesn’t hesitate to ask her, straight out) Alustriel isn’t pregnant right now, and shows no signs of becoming so".
If we could extend that to two Chosen... it may indicate that Mystra is open to the possibility should it be required.

This is all assumption of course, since Ed isn't actually talking about two Chosen, but we can at least accurately assume that any decision regarding two Chosen having a child together would be built upon Mystra's beliefs regarding regular breeding.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 57 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000