Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The Candlekeep Web Site
 Site Content
 SirUrza's Forgotten Realms Novel List
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

SirUrza
Master of Realmslore

USA
1283 Posts

Posted - 19 Jan 2005 :  07:07:47  Show Profile Send SirUrza a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
So, as it's all old news by now, Alaundo was gracious enough to host a copy of my checklist here at the keep.

Now I know it's great.. .. so I don't need anymore more ego strokage... wait! What am I saying, of course you can stroke my ego and tell me how great it is.

The real thing on my mind is feedback about it. Suggestions. Questions. Ect.

So if you have any, post them here. :)

"Evil prevails when good men fail to act."
The original and unapologetic Arilyn, Aribeth, Seoni Fanboy.

Lord Rad
Great Reader

United Kingdom
2080 Posts

Posted - 19 Jan 2005 :  08:44:11  Show Profile  Visit Lord Rad's Homepage Send Lord Rad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Its an excellent document, SirUrza! I'm a sucker for lists and inventories and keep all my stuff (D&D and non-D&D) listed. I also have an "FR Novel Progress" list to keep track of what i've read so your document does the job of two of my lists in one I use it all the time. Very well presented too. The only downside is keeping it updated when new novels are announced Still, a small price to pay.

Great job!

Lord Rad

"What? No, I wasn't reading your module. I was just looking at the pictures"
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 19 Jan 2005 :  11:15:55  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I was impressed... I don't even know how you did some of the things you did to make the list.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

SirUrza
Master of Realmslore

USA
1283 Posts

Posted - 19 Jan 2005 :  17:50:12  Show Profile Send SirUrza a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Rad

The only downside is keeping it updated when new novels are announced Still, a small price to pay.

You could always try MSWord's document merger (I'd make a backup of your personal list first though.) I've never tried it myself.

Go to Top of Page

SirUrza
Master of Realmslore

USA
1283 Posts

Posted - 18 Apr 2006 :  05:34:46  Show Profile Send SirUrza a Private Message  Reply with Quote
For those that care I've sent in an updated version of my checklist to Alaundo. The new version should be appearing in Tethtoril's Bookshelf soon. Enjoy. :)

Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6647 Posts

Posted - 18 Apr 2006 :  06:23:17  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Bravo SirUrza. Good work.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 18 Apr 2006 :  08:08:18  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SirUrza

For those that care I've sent in an updated version of my checklist to Alaundo. The new version should be appearing in Tethtoril's Bookshelf soon. Enjoy. :)

Well met

Indeed, the upcoming site update will containt SirUrza's updated checklist

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

SirUrza
Master of Realmslore

USA
1283 Posts

Posted - 03 Aug 2007 :  23:27:11  Show Profile Send SirUrza a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Updated checklist submitted. So whenever Alaundo does the update, hopefully it gets updated.

As usual, don't know if MS Word's merge feature works or not, so I advice against it.. if you do try it, let me know.

Oh, and I'm using Office 2007 and Vista, so if there are any backwards compatibility issues, please let me know.

Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2007 :  09:12:20  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SirUrza

Updated checklist submitted. So whenever Alaundo does the update, hopefully it gets updated.

As usual, don't know if MS Word's merge feature works or not, so I advice against it.. if you do try it, let me know.

Oh, and I'm using Office 2007 and Vista, so if there are any backwards compatibility issues, please let me know.

Well met

Aye, an update will be coming shortly, in which SirUrza's document will be included

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page

Chosen of Moradin
Master of Realmslore

Brazil
1120 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2007 :  12:25:35  Show Profile  Visit Chosen of Moradin's Homepage Send Chosen of Moradin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Really an excellent work, SirUza. Are you a Deneir monk??? ;)

Dwarf, DM, husband, and proud of this! :P

twitter: @yuripeixoto
Facebook: yuri.peixoto
Go to Top of Page

SirUrza
Master of Realmslore

USA
1283 Posts

Posted - 05 Aug 2007 :  03:20:50  Show Profile Send SirUrza a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nah... currently experimenting with the art of Duskblade. ;)

((Actually I made this because at the time, there wasn't a list and I was building up my novel collection and needed a way to keep track of what I had when I went to the bookstore. :) ))

Go to Top of Page

SirUrza
Master of Realmslore

USA
1283 Posts

Posted - 03 Jan 2008 :  00:33:04  Show Profile Send SirUrza a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've updated the checklist and sent it Alaundo's way.. so whenever the Candlekeep update hits, it'll be available.

Anyone wants it before then, drop me an email.

Go to Top of Page

SirUrza
Master of Realmslore

USA
1283 Posts

Posted - 07 Aug 2013 :  05:14:10  Show Profile Send SirUrza a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sorry to use necromancy on this thread, but I figured I'd ask if there was any interest in seeing my old checklist updated. I'm going to give the Sundering novels a chance to play out before I make a decision if Forgotten Realms Next is a thing I'll be interesting in... so that means, I might as well update it if there's interest.

I've been looking at what's on my harddrive and it looks like the last update was in 2008.. that means it's 5 years out of date! Oh my.

Let me know peeps.

Edited by - SirUrza on 07 Aug 2013 05:15:49
Go to Top of Page

xaeyruudh
Master of Realmslore

USA
1853 Posts

Posted - 07 Aug 2013 :  17:43:55  Show Profile  Visit xaeyruudh's Homepage Send xaeyruudh a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well I'm just one guy, but I'm always interested in updated lists. And this one is impressive.
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6647 Posts

Posted - 08 Aug 2013 :  00:48:49  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It is impressive. If you've got the time and inclination SirUrza, it would be most welcome. I love lists.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Jeremy Grenemyer
Great Reader

USA
2717 Posts

Posted - 08 Aug 2013 :  06:00:26  Show Profile Send Jeremy Grenemyer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm interested. There's work to be done at the Forgotten Realms section of Loremaster.org's wiki.

Look for me and my content at EN World (user name: sanishiver).
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 11 Aug 2013 :  11:34:38  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met

Aye, feel free to email it over to me, SirUrza, and i'll replace thy previous version here at Candlekeep

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly