Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Chamber of Sages
 Author's forum
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 17

hammer of Moradin
Senior Scribe

USA
758 Posts

Posted - 18 Jan 2005 :  07:59:35  Show Profile  Visit hammer of Moradin's Homepage Send hammer of Moradin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Good stuff Thomas, although it might be a bit easier if you reply more often!
Now, was all of that written in lieu of writing for the day, or was it written while surfing after you were done?

Another question for everyone. How do you choose your titles? Please use examples from your novels if you can.

"Hurling himself upon his enemies, he terrified them with slaughter!"

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium

Candlekeep proverb: If a thing is said often enough, fools aplenty will believe it to be true.
Go to Top of Page

ElaineCunningham
Forgotten Realms Author

2246 Posts

Posted - 18 Jan 2005 :  13:37:56  Show Profile  Visit ElaineCunningham's Homepage Send ElaineCunningham a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Some of my chapter titles are assigned along with the project. Examples include Daughter of the Drow and Radiant Dragon. For others, the publisher asked for a list of suggestions, then picked one. These include Windwalker, Tangled Webs, Magehound, and Elfsong. Sometimes publishers ask for suggestions, then reject everything you suggest and pick their own. Examples include Dark Journey and City of Splendors: A Novel of Waterdeep. I've had publishers assign a title after I was well into a project; i.e., Shadows in the Darkness. Sometimes titles arise from variations on working titles that didn't quite, well, work. I'd suggested "Moonshadow" for the book that became Elfshadow, but apparently the folks at TSR walked around for a few days cursing my name for putting the tune of a Cat Stevens' song in their heads. The working title for Floodgate was "Watergate," which didn't sound right to me for some reason...

When I DO chose my titles, I attempt to create some sort of relationship to other books in the series. For example, the books in the Counselors & Kings trilogy are all compound word titles: The Magehound, The Floodgate, The Wizardwar.

Edited by - ElaineCunningham on 18 Jan 2005 21:42:03
Go to Top of Page

Thomas M. Reid
Forgotten Realms Designer & Author

334 Posts

Posted - 18 Jan 2005 :  15:52:57  Show Profile  Visit Thomas M. Reid's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hammer of Moradin

Good stuff Thomas, although it might be a bit easier if you reply more often!
Now, was all of that written in lieu of writing for the day, or was it written while surfing after you were done?

Did you notice how I saved all of that up for after I had turned over my most recent first draft?

quote:
Another question for everyone. How do you choose your titles? Please use examples from your novels if you can.

My answer pretty much mirrors Elaine's. Some titles were chosen for me. Gridrunner was one my editor suggested; I initially had it titled after the name of the main character, but in the end, that's an awful way to title an action novel. Insurrection, along with the other five titles of the WotSQ series, was named by committee during the summit to plan the books. Some I chose myself, such as for the Scions of Arrabar trilogy, and in that case, I had to come up with titles before I even knew for certain what the story was about. Like Elaine, I tried to go with something consistent (in this case, a gem color modifying an inanimate thing) so the books would feel connected. By picking those kinds of titles, I also left myself plenty of room to make them fit into whatever story I came up with without interfering with my creativity. Finally, some just sort of name themselves, like The Temple of Elemental Evil -- pretty self-explanatory there.

Thomas

"A knight is not truly virtuous, only truly resolved to be so."

www.thomasmreid.com

Edited by - Thomas M. Reid on 18 Jan 2005 15:54:28
Go to Top of Page

Steven Schend

USA
1631 Posts

Posted - 18 Jan 2005 :  16:24:32  Show Profile  Visit Steven Schend's Homepage  Send Steven Schend a Yahoo! Message Send Steven Schend a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hoondatha

Which of course brings up the question: how did the original module designers (especially for ones like Cormanthyr, which I usually raid whenever I need the name for an elven PC or NPC) come up with so many of them? The non-Ed Greenwood designers, I mean. Hmm. Maybe I should wander over and ask Ed that ask well.

Thanks to everyone who's answered so far.

Cormanthyr was my baby, and I'll confess to using the syllabic guessing game that most others noted above to name people.

However, I followed Ed's lead and made sure there was some logic behind names and all that. When I was working on the elves, I took all the instances I could find of elven words, broke them down to a glossary of sorts to find elven keywords and concepts in their language, and then rebuilt and resorted those prefixes and suffixes adn the like into new names.

Another place where I follow Ed's lead (and the real world) is to repeat names of which I like the sound. Just as there are millions of Johns and Georges and Erics in the world, there ought to be just as many common names at least in local geographies etc. Thus, I try to re-use names that Ed and others came up with but change their honorifics, surnames, or place names to differentiate them. Thus, we make the Realms a tad more real in one respect and it's one more NPC named.

Steven
Who really believes that there are thousands of ELminsters, Khelbens, and Azouns out there but we don't mention them to avoid confusion...but there's no problem with 10,000 Arns, Duathas, or Furrads

For current projects and general natter, see www.steveneschend.com
Go to Top of Page

Richard Lee Byers
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
1759 Posts

Posted - 18 Jan 2005 :  17:43:07  Show Profile  Visit Richard Lee Byers's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Many of my book titles originated with the editors, also.
When I can make up my own, I just try to go with something intriguing. My favorite self-generated title is probably The Black Bouquet, which, to me, poses an interesting paradox, since flowers aren't usually black. It's supposed to make the prospective book buyer wonder what the heck a black bouquet can actually be.
I believe it's often effective when the title is, in essence, a provocative image. I think The Shattered Mask works reasonably well on that level.
If I'm doing books in a trilogy or series, I like to carry over a pattern or motif from one title to the next. My Dark Kingdoms trilogy is an example of this. The books are The Ebon Mask, The Onyx Tower, and The Obsidian Blade. So the template is: The * Dark-colored precious or semiprecious substance * Artifact.
Go to Top of Page

Josh Davids
Seeker

57 Posts

Posted - 21 Jan 2005 :  00:01:39  Show Profile  Visit Josh Davids's Homepage Send Josh Davids a Private Message  Reply with Quote
For the chapter length the same thing as everyone else suggested. I break at a cliff hanger, scene break or change of perspective or time frame. When I stat writing though I generally have an idea where I want to end it and won’t till I reach that spot.

As for how to start writing a chapter, it will vary with each writer and it tends to be one of the ways an author develops their style. For me I start with one or two paragraphs that lay out the scene. It is very descriptive and I do it to drag people right into the world. If it is a battle going on I describe the sounds, smells and any other sensations or senses that need to be triggered because I want the reader to be there not just reading words on a page. But that is the way I do it, for you might be different.

as for the interest I do it the same ay I write. I set a schedule to be online and to surf, answer emails and comments in my Elfwood gallery and I don’t break it. after I get done with my time online I then unplug it so even if I am tempted to just click on the button and surf I can’t.

as for book titles the same as everyone else. I choose a title that best reflects the book, sometimes they work other times they don’t the first book I am working on right now is titles “To Honor the Oath” and it is the best title that I can think of for it. the main story behind it is how far would you go to keep an oath you swore. Mix in a plot for revenge, hard choices and a tragic love that ends in an execution and you got the basic story behind the book. Oddly enough the story came about because someone so casually broke their word to me. I just wondered then why people break their words or oaths so easily and boom the whole plot of the book evolved from that.

Though I doubt that will be the title of the book once picked up, it just isn’t a catchy title. I am hoping either an editor or maybe a literary agent will think of a better title then I could.

As for others times they describe the basic story behind the book, a character or the personality of the character or it was as simple as the title just fit the story. A Child of Dusk describes the dual nature of the main character, hovering between life and death, light and dark, hope and despair. Another is First Axe of Scoran, and it is based around the first chosen of an evil goddess and the choices that led him to becoming the chosen. That plus the life he will have to lead being the highest ranking member of her church, being the mortal face of the goddess, and carrying out orders he reviles but chooses to do out of loyalty to her.
Go to Top of Page

Hoondatha
Great Reader

USA
2387 Posts

Posted - 21 Jan 2005 :  06:18:03  Show Profile  Visit Hoondatha's Homepage Send Hoondatha a Private Message  Reply with Quote
All of this talk of writing is both illuminating and helpful, but I'd like to change direction for a moment or two. I was reading some of the comments on the "Best Middle Novel" thread and started wondering: how often (barring things like writing novels together) do all of you FR writers converse with each other? Are there things like yearly author moots, or do people tend to go their own way? (and sorry if I'm prying)

Doggedly converting 3e back to what D&D should be...
Sigh... And now 4e as well.
Go to Top of Page

ElaineCunningham
Forgotten Realms Author

2246 Posts

Posted - 21 Jan 2005 :  13:43:28  Show Profile  Visit ElaineCunningham's Homepage Send ElaineCunningham a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There's no organized club, secret handshake, or arranged meetings, but I keep in touch with a number of FR writers. Some I talk to at least once a month, some I run into once a year or so, and some I've never met, spoken with, or emailed.

GenCon is usually a good place to meet new people and hang out with old friends, but I'm not sure how long that will continue to be a viable option. For one thing, there's two of them now, which splits up the guestlist a tad. Also, there seems to be less and less emphasis on books. Last year was a new low. There were very few books available for sale in the WotC booth--a few of the newer releases, no backlist. Thanks to a mailing snafu, the new Margaret Weis hardcover didn't make it to the con. (She sat gamely through two scheduled book signings nontheless.) And get this: there were NO BOOKSELLERS among the vendors. WotC scheduled very few book-related seminars or events, and for the most part, signings were scheduled only for those writers who had something new out. It's still a great con, but if there's nothing for writers to do, fewer writers will show up. Con attendance doesn't come cheap, and it's getting increasingly difficult to justify it as a legitimate promotional expense. This makes it more difficult for writers to hang out.

Continuing in that vein, I'd be interested to know who's planning to attend GenCon Indie this summer. I'll probably be there, since the Waterdeep book is a GenCon release. Anyone else?

Go to Top of Page

Kameron M. Franklin
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
228 Posts

Posted - 21 Jan 2005 :  16:43:32  Show Profile  Visit Kameron M. Franklin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
No official plans yet, but with Maiden coming out in June, I am keeping the calendar open and would like to attend at least GenCon LA (the closer of the two for me).

"You keep saying that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." --Inigo Montoya, The Princess Bride
Go to Top of Page

Richard Lee Byers
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
1759 Posts

Posted - 21 Jan 2005 :  18:01:24  Show Profile  Visit Richard Lee Byers's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I expect to be at GenCon Indy.
I know what you mean about last year's event, Elaine. Besides the relative scarcity of books in the WotC dealer area, I was disappointed by the cancelation of the Thursday night Forgotten Realms reception, which was always a good place to talk to readers and one's fellow writers. Hope things are better this year.
If not, there's still the poker tournament!
With regard to how often we novelists communicate, my experience is like Elaine's. Some people I hear from with some regularity, some I see once a year, and some I've never had any contact with.
Go to Top of Page

hammer of Moradin
Senior Scribe

USA
758 Posts

Posted - 21 Jan 2005 :  18:21:40  Show Profile  Visit hammer of Moradin's Homepage Send hammer of Moradin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Since many of you visit these forums, hopefully they will give all of you a chance to communicate a bit more frequently.
In the same vein, have any of you ever gone out of your way to ask another author permission to use one of their characters, even if briefly, or to ask a question regarding a character, place, or other general question?

Candlekeep proverb: If a thing is said often enough, fools aplenty will believe it to be true.
Go to Top of Page

Steven Schend

USA
1631 Posts

Posted - 22 Jan 2005 :  02:02:04  Show Profile  Visit Steven Schend's Homepage  Send Steven Schend a Yahoo! Message Send Steven Schend a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Like Elaine and others, contact among authors is dependent upon situations, friendships, projects, and time. I had many occasions and excuses while working at TSR/WotC to call various authors with whom I'd made some personal connections, but after 5 years on the outside and only one GenCon appearance since 2000, I'm woefully out of touch with lots of people.

Hoping to amend this in 2005 by shambling down Indiannapolis way, but that's all pie-in-the-sky right now, as much as I'd love to go hoist a pint or seven with Ed, Elaine, Thomas, and any others (`cause I know Jim Lowder and others I know are lurking out there).

Go to Top of Page

Steven Schend

USA
1631 Posts

Posted - 22 Jan 2005 :  02:18:00  Show Profile  Visit Steven Schend's Homepage  Send Steven Schend a Yahoo! Message Send Steven Schend a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hammer of Moradin

Since many of you visit these forums, hopefully they will give all of you a chance to communicate a bit more frequently.
In the same vein, have any of you ever gone out of your way to ask another author permission to use one of their characters, even if briefly, or to ask a question regarding a character, place, or other general question?

In my mind, any character named in the Old Grey Box was one of Ed's, regardless of who quarter-backed the character in the mean time. Thus, Ed's one of the authors I've had the most contact with as a TSR wage slave and beyond. No slight to other authors, but it just happens that way. (Oh, and Jeff Grubb, but then we were next-door neighbors for 7 years and coworkers for 10, so there it is...)

No matter what kind of FR project I've worked on, I've always talked with Ed about his takes on characters, situations, etc., and gotten his go-ahead to use characters or change them in certain situations (i.e. what I've done over the years with Khelben, especially in Cloak & Dagger). I technically never had to do this, but it's a respect thing, he's the father of the Realms, and any time spent talking with Ed always brightens my little corner of the world.

With other characters and other book authors, I'd sometimes find places where we'd need to check with an author or two to coordinate information from a novel into a game product, but unless I'd had a good personal rapport with the author already, I tended to send such requests through Book Department to keep them in the loop.

Steven
Who would have checked with Dan Mishkin on placing his AD&D characters into Lands of Intrigue, but I've never met him nor talked to him, alas...

Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One
Lady Herald of Realmslore

5037 Posts

Posted - 22 Jan 2005 :  02:23:39  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Steven, know that Ed never speaks of you with anything other than fond respect, when we sit around over green tea, outside the time devoted to actual play, and 'talk Realms.'
Ed loves "talking Realms" with many of the creators, and tells us this is his REAL reward for unleashing the Realms upon a wider world.
love,
THO
Go to Top of Page

Thomas M. Reid

334 Posts

Posted - 22 Jan 2005 :  05:28:44  Show Profile  Visit Thomas M. Reid's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ElaineCunningham

GenCon is usually a good place to meet new people and hang out with old friends, but I'm not sure how long that will continue to be a viable option. For one thing, there's two of them now, which splits up the guestlist a tad. Also, there seems to be less and less emphasis on books. Last year was a new low.

I wonder how much of this was due to Mary Kirchoff's awareness that she was going to retire soon? Even though she hadn't made it public knowledge, I bet she had some sense in her own mind that she was close to doing so, and though it might be a reach, the new low you speak of could have been some of the fallout of that impending decision. I didn't get to GC Indy last year; I wasn't "invited." By that, I mean the book department didn't schedule me a signing booth time slot. I didn't take it personally, as I was about as between books as I could be at the moment, and there were other authors who had very current releases. Still, I was disappointed, but it sounds like I didn't miss much.

quote:
Continuing in that vein, I'd be interested to know who's planning to attend GenCon Indie this summer. I'll probably be there, since the Waterdeep book is a GenCon release. Anyone else?

I will have had an entire trilogy put into circulation since my last visit by the time the show rolls around this year, so I am planning on it. And inevitably, when you get that many FR authors together in one place, we can't resist the chance to gather over drinks in the evenings and pow wow, so two good reasons to show up.

To answer the question about asking permission before using another author's characters, a lot of it depends on the product. If I'm writing a game supplement, I might just go with previous renditions and my own knowledge of the character. But if I were thinking of including a character in a novel, I would absolutely make the connection and talk to the author, and probably run the initial draft by him/her, too. I want that author to enjoy my story as much as I want any fan out there to, and if I'm not presenting one of his/her "babies" in the right light, I'm not doing my job.

Thomas

www.thomasmreid.com

Edited by - Thomas M. Reid on 03 Feb 2005 18:03:01
Go to Top of Page

ElaineCunningham
Forgotten Realms Author

2246 Posts

Posted - 22 Jan 2005 :  18:29:07  Show Profile  Visit ElaineCunningham's Homepage Send ElaineCunningham a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thomas, I have no way of judging how much Mary Kirchoff's impending departure had to do with the book department's involvement in GenCon, other than observing that her responsibilities included games as well as books.

I do think that Lezlie Samuel's departure just before GenCon had an impact. And for several months preceding that, there seems to have been a revolving door on the promotions department. Plans for GenCon were postponed, moved from desk to desk, and in general very hard to pin down.

Which created a bit of a personal SNAFA. In the past, TST/WotC usually started informing authors of GenCon plans in February. I was in contact with Lezlie several times between February and her departure, and she repeatedly stressed that I'd be "on the list" of people WotC definitely wanted at GenCon 2004. So I made travel plans. When I passed my schedule on to the person who at the time was handling such things, I was informed that book signings would be available only for those who had new projects. Um, okay.... Like Thomas, I wouldn't have had a problem with not being "invited," but because of mixed messages, I ended up buying three non-refundable airline tickets. Ouch. There was absolutely no practical, business-related reason for me to attend, but I wasn't going to toss out the airfare, so I came anyway in my capacity as parental banker. Since I was already planning to be there, the folks at WotC squeezed in a Sunday morning signing.

In my observation, the decline of books at GenCon involves a lot of factors. When I first started attending, both GenCon and TSR were located in Wisconin. It was a lot easier for TSR to schlepp product and staff to the con. The company moved to Seattle, and the con moved to Indianapolis. Higher travel and shipping costs. Also, TSR (and for a while thereafter, WotC) owned GenCon. That's no longer the case. To further complicate matters, there are now TWO GenCons in the US, which spreads resources (and author guests) more thinly.

I can see a couple of additional reasons for the lack of book-related (or at least, FR-related) events. Emphasis last year was on the big 30th anniversary D&D party, and the reception to commererate Margaret Weis's 25 years in fantasy. Both are landmark events, well worth noting. I'm not complaining about the allocation, mind you, just pointing out that time and resources were focused on other things.

Also, some of the FR seminars were getting pretty stale. The same people seemed to come year after year, to ask the same questions and hear the same evasive, coy answers. Let's face it--there's only so much info WotC and freelancers can give out concerning upcoming projects. There isn't much sense in having seminars entitled "What's New in the Forgotten Realms" if the answer is invariably "We Can't Tell You."

Edited by - ElaineCunningham on 22 Jan 2005 18:32:37
Go to Top of Page

Thomas M. Reid

334 Posts

Posted - 23 Jan 2005 :  01:01:43  Show Profile  Visit Thomas M. Reid's Homepage  Reply with Quote
All very good points, Elaine. I hadn't realized Lezlie had also departed, and her absence certainly would have had a noticable impact. That's disappointing; I always liked Lezlie and she will be missed.

I want to turn this question around for a moment. I'd like to hear from fans who traditionally show up at Gen Con Indy; what FR activities, other than actual game slots, draw your biggest interest at the show? Is it the seminars? The book signing sessions? Ed Greenwood cracking wise in a way that only Ed can? If such activities went away, would you still come to the show?

I'm just curious, mind you; I'm not in any way advocating or hoping that the attention to the Realms slacks off. I just wonder how much of a difference they make (and yes, I understand I'm sampling a pretty specific subset of the Gen Con attendees by asking this in an FR forum, but humor me).

Thomas

www.thomasmreid.com
Go to Top of Page

Blueblade
Senior Scribe

USA
804 Posts

Posted - 23 Jan 2005 :  02:07:40  Show Profile  Visit Blueblade's Homepage Send Blueblade a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Mister Reid, I have to say that “Ed Greenwood cracking wise” is a HUGE part of Gencon for me, and always has been.
Not just for the Realms news and hints, and not just for him playing Elminster (though I must say no one ever seems to fully appreciate that this guy gets up in costume and does an hour and a half, or however long the seminar is, as in-character improv, and usually manages to sound very witty at least thrice; I mean, it’s an acting feat), but for the way he always makes everything feel FUN.
He’s always hugging old friends and picking up on conversations from a year ago and buying things for kids who’ve run out of cash and going to dinner or for drinks with people, just to ‘hang out.’
For me, it always feels like we’re still at the Wisconsin Parkside campus, and the Realms is this bright new thing, and this guy with glasses and a beard is saying, “Hey, just wait’ll you see what’s coming out NEXT!” one minute, and then in the next asking “So what do YOU want, in the Realms?” and actually taking note of what this gamer, or the guy standing beside me, or the guy down the hall apiece, says.
When I see Ed at Gencon, I think “high school reunion” and never “trade show.”
Of course I go to see and talk to other Realms authors, especially the new ones. And of course I go to see and buy gaming stuff I’ll never see at home. I’m not a competitive tournament gamer type, and I don’t have endless cash.
But when I get home, I often find myself remembering Ed at the Spin A Yarn sessions (poor Mary-Elizabeth! she should get medals!) or on some panel, and grinning, and thinking . . . yup, that was another good Gencon.
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
4768 Posts

Posted - 23 Jan 2005 :  06:59:22  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You don't know how jealous I am reading all this - one of my dreams is to get to a GEN-CON - one day - before WotC pull the plug on the Realms.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
29786 Posts

Posted - 23 Jan 2005 :  13:20:50  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

You don't know how jealous I am reading all this - one of my dreams is to get to a GEN-CON - one day - before WotC pull the plug on the Realms.

-- George Krashos

Ditto that. GenCon is something I should very much like to attend.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Editor and scribe for The Candlekeep Compendium

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

ElaineCunningham
Forgotten Realms Author

2246 Posts

Posted - 23 Jan 2005 :  15:01:25  Show Profile  Visit ElaineCunningham's Homepage Send ElaineCunningham a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yep--Ed is definitely the spirit of GenCon. I love the observation that he makes the Realms seem like a "bright new thing." Perfect summation.
Go to Top of Page

hammer of Moradin
Senior Scribe

USA
758 Posts

Posted - 30 Jan 2005 :  18:45:46  Show Profile  Visit hammer of Moradin's Homepage Send hammer of Moradin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So what is everyone working on at the moment?

Go to Top of Page

Kameron M. Franklin
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
228 Posts

Posted - 03 Feb 2005 :  23:03:15  Show Profile  Visit Kameron M. Franklin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'm working on a redesign for my website. After that, it's on to my own novel. No FR projects on the plate for now.

"You keep saying that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." --Inigo Montoya, The Princess Bride
Go to Top of Page

ElaineCunningham
Forgotten Realms Author

2246 Posts

Posted - 05 Feb 2005 :  16:30:21  Show Profile  Visit ElaineCunningham's Homepage Send ElaineCunningham a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Copied from my online writing journal:

FEBRUARY
1) Finish revising Shadows in the Starlight
2) Finish the first draft of The Blood-Red Harp(EverQuest novel)
3) Revise "Raven," a short story accepted for Modern Magic
4) Write "Built to Last," a short story to submit for consideration in a pulp fiction anthology

March is also pretty hectic, with the main tasks being:

1) Write "Game of Chance," a short story for Dragon Magazine.
2) Write an article about the Waterdeep bard college for Dragon
3) Attend Steller Con in North Caroline, March 11-13.
4) Revise "Built to Last"
5) Resume work on Eizabeth's Heir, a historical novel

In April, I plan to work primarily on Elizabeth's Heir, and begin "Tree of Souls" a novella for Realms of the Elves, the next FR anthology. I'm not sure when the revisions for Blood-Red Harp will fit into the picture, but that will probably be in April. The novella is due on May 16, so that accounts for the first part of May.

The summer is still a bit nebulous. I'm going to finish Elizabeth's Heir before starting a new project. After that, I'm not sure. I might work on the sequel, or start revisions on a fantasy novel based in Russian history and slavic mythology. The folks are WotC are currently working on plans for 2007, and by late summer I should have a better idea of future directions there.
Go to Top of Page

hammer of Moradin
Senior Scribe

USA
758 Posts

Posted - 06 Feb 2005 :  19:07:32  Show Profile  Visit hammer of Moradin's Homepage Send hammer of Moradin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Realms of the Elves!? The only thing that could be better is an anthology titled Realms of the Dwarves!!!
Good to see they got the authority on elves to submit a story for it. Guess I better get started submitting for when they decide to do a dwarven anthology.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 17 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2017 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000