Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Chamber of Sages
 Questions for Ed Greenwood (2005)
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 70

Blueblade
Senior Scribe

USA
804 Posts

Posted - 31 Dec 2005 :  16:32:39  Show Profile  Visit Blueblade's Homepage Send Blueblade a Private Message
Well, thank you to Ed for clearing that up! Boy, was it bugging me!
And I’d like to thank THO and the Big Bearded One for another great year of free, generously-given Realmslore for us all! This is truly like Christmas (the gift-giving side) all year long!
Hurray! Hurrah!
And equivalents!
Go to Top of Page

Kajehase
Great Reader

Sweden
2104 Posts

Posted - 31 Dec 2005 :  16:36:40  Show Profile Send Kajehase a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by The Hooded One

Jamallo Kreen, there are indeed coin-collectors

I thought coin-collectors were just another word for Dragons

There is a rumour going around that I have found god. I think is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist.
Terry Pratchett
Go to Top of Page

Skeptic
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1273 Posts

Posted - 31 Dec 2005 :  18:12:59  Show Profile Send Skeptic a Private Message
Hi, I'll try this one, but I'm pretty sure that I'll hit an NDA. (little spoiler from Hunter's blade trilogy)

Knowing that the Companions of the Hall (Drizzt & co) will be heading to Gauntlygrim soon and that the 1ed FR set mentions that the Knights of Myth Drannor have visited this forgotten place, maybe we could learn a little more from their experience there ?
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 31 Dec 2005 :  18:16:05  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Steven Schend

Well, while I can drop Ed a direct line, I thought I'd post it here to wish everyone at Candlekeep (and especially Ed and She of the Hood and the Tantalizing Teases) a new year filled with happiness, prosperity, laughter, and kindness toward each other.

Steven

Well met

And to thee also, Steven, and to all FR authors and designers who have graced us with their presence here at Candlekeep

May I also take this opportunity to wish a very happy new year to The Hooded One and to Ed. May next year bring us yet more Realmslore

Also, please be aware that this scroll will be closing shortly, with Ed's Realmslore answers and The Hooded One's grace and charm starting a fresh in a new scroll for 2006

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One
Lady Herald of Realmslore

5056 Posts

Posted - 31 Dec 2005 :  23:43:35  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
Ed has e-sent me a reply to Scarabeus, so here it is:

Scarabeus, my pleasure. Keep asking, and I’ll keep answering (sometimes a particular answer takes months or even years, but I fully intend, if I live long enough, to get around to answering them all).
I’m afraid I haven’t that many juicy stories re. the bistros. My wife and I spent a lovely tenday there, one winter years ago, staying in a bed & breakfast that fronts (or fronted; I assume it’s still there) on the square that has the Chateau on the east, the American embassy on the west, a row of nice old houses (including where we stayed) on the north, and the cliff that drops down to the lower Old Town to the south. We did the usual touristy things, gawking at lovely cathedrals (though we don’t happen to be Catholic), shopping, eating, strolling the steep streets, more shopping, and (ahem) more eating. Oh, and we loved the museum where Montcalm’s skull is kept and a lot of pioneer-era beds, etc. I taught the lovely old nun who looked after the upstairs a new way of playing solitaire, which delighted her, and we played until after closing time (when her superiors had to shoo us out; they tried to scold her but she insisted on starting to show them the solitaire I’d shown her).
I grew up and was taught French up through high school in Ontario, which means my vocabulary stinks, my grammar is non-existent, and I can follow speech only slowly. However, I’m afraid my face betrayed my mirth when I stood beside an American tourist struggling with a phrase-book, who painstakingly and haltingly announced to one of the tour guides: “Thank you. You have very beautiful tits.” So did hers, as she sweetly thanked him in flawless English, and added in rapid-fire French, “And I’m sure your balls are also exquisite to behold, monsieur.”
He nodded and grinned in triumphant non-comprehension, leaving the tour guide and myself grinning at each other, and my wife (whose [Parisian] French is very good, the result of having been taught it at a good English girls’ school during the Second World War) biting my coat to keep from shrieking with laughter.
Nothing more salacious or interesting than that, I’m afraid, aside from the observation that some bistros have VERY good wine cellars but that some of them serve (shudder) spruce beer, that the university students are even more unbuttoned than their Ontario counterparts, and that I put my TSR education to very good use showing one stripper how to burlesque with a feather boa (as opposed to merely flinging it off), demonstrating the smooth techniques I learned from Karen Boomgaarden.
And I’ll be spending New Year’s Eve at home, surrounded by family, who will be snoring, drinking cider, or watching hockey games as I try to get some game writing done for the first time in days. I sympathize with you, having to work, but drunken binges are very overrated. Tipsy nude ballroom dancing to a Guy Lombardo-style band, now, THAT would be worth seeing. :}

So saith Ed. Ahem. Proper Realmslore forthcoming soon.
love and a special (purr) thanks to our host, Alaundo,
THO
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 01 Jan 2006 :  00:05:21  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Alaundo

Also, please be aware that this scroll will be closing shortly, with Ed's Realmslore answers and The Hooded One's grace and charm starting a fresh in a new scroll for 2006

And the new thread is open for business!

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 70 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000