Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Chamber of Sages
 Questions for Ed Greenwood (2005)
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 84

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
4746 Posts

Posted - 05 Apr 2005 :  00:34:31  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message
Great question, Hoondatha. I'm eager to read Ed's answer for this one.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Kajehase
Great Reader

Sweden
2104 Posts

Posted - 05 Apr 2005 :  00:35:15  Show Profile Send Kajehase a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by The Hooded One
I know I was brutal with my own writing to keep it down to the proper length for SK, and we three scaled scribes STILL overwrote a lot, causing Penny Williams among others to wade into our verbiage with the proverbial sharp blade. If it ever made it into the first draft MS (which I doubt), it almost certainly fell right back out again, in The Wounding (ahem: the editing).

So that means there's even more information about my favourite evil snake-heads undisclosed as of yet? I'm sure I'll have plenty of questions to ask about them, but can't think of anything specific right now.

So instead I'll ask a question inspired by me having read Stormlight quite recently (very good first half to that book by the way):
One of Storm's dogs are named as "Old Boldblade," does the term boldblade have any particular significance? The reason for the question is that I seem to recall you revealing that "Blade" is a term for a noble in the Moonsea-region. So I was thinking Boldblade perhaps mean something like adventuring noble or something similar.

There is a rumour going around that I have found god. I think is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist.
Terry Pratchett
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One
Lady Herald of Realmslore

5036 Posts

Posted - 05 Apr 2005 :  00:49:20  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
Hello again, fellow scribes. It’s high time for some “you’re welcomes” from Ed and from me, so . . . come into this cozy bower where we’ve drinks ready. The bearded smiling thing lounging yonder is Ed, so that means I’m the one wearing the high heels, fishnets, garter belt with little black ribbons, and the smile. Oh, yes: and the wristwatch. I’d feel positively NAKED without it.

To Erik Scott de Bie: invaluable? Great! You’re warmly welcome to the team in harness (I enjoy it most when the editorial whips strike me just * here, * but your mileage may, of course, vary). Please feel free to quiz Ed on all matters. If it’s something about an unfolding project you don’t want all of Candlekeep to know about just yet, just drop a private word to Alaundo, and he’ll call on me, and I’ll in turn rouse the Slumbering Ed for you. Not that he ever DOES sleep, mind you.
Now have a glass of this! Cheers!

kuje, darling, you’ve remembered correctly; there IS one more unanswered query of yours, nestling beside a vintage query from Eric Boyd. Rest assured that Ed WILL get to them all, if he doesn’t die of old age first! No inquiring scribe gets forgotten! And yes, Ed is even busier than usual, just now. I’ll try to cajole him into maintaining a regular schedule of nightly answers, but if I don’t, that’s why. He’s back up to nine projects on the go at once! (Plus, of course, the demands of a real-life day job.)

To all who spoke about Orcus, Ed grins (ah, those changing rules! SUCH a pain to those trying to maintain the artistic versimilitude of a fantasy setting!), but reminds everyone - - with a bow of thanks to Taelohn for the kind words of recognition about Ed’s ELMINSTER IN HELL depiction of Mystra and Asmodeus - - that if the DM properly presents and ‘runs’ such powerful beings, it should be VERY hard for PCs to come to grips with them in a final stand to destroy them, or even to learn much about their true powers and interests. Roleplay, folks, roleplay, and leave the rules as lore to be consulted in downtime.

Damian, fellow lover of the Realms for faithful years, it grieves me to dash your hopes. Let’s cuddle as I proffer this tallglass of something special from Ed’s cellar, to soothe your inevitable distress. The NDA Ed refers to is connected to more than one potential product, both of them are but shadows on the horizon right now (read: years off), and they are still carved, not in stone, but in quicksand on a stormy beach, with the tide coming in. Rest assured, however, that Ed and I both want to see “a decent update for Eveningstar,” too, and know that we stand at your aside, swords and spells ready.

Ah, but this wine is . . . warming. I’m just going to snuggle in beside Ed, here, and greet more of you on the morrow.
love to all!
THO
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 05 Apr 2005 :  01:20:27  Show Profile  Send Kuje an AOL message  Click to see Kuje's MSN Messenger address  Send Kuje a Yahoo! Message Send Kuje a Private Message
quote:
[bkuje, darling, you’ve remembered correctly; there IS one more unanswered query of yours, nestling beside a vintage query from Eric Boyd. Rest assured that Ed WILL get to them all, if he doesn’t die of old age first! No inquiring scribe gets forgotten! And yes, Ed is even busier than usual, just now. I’ll try to cajole him into maintaining a regular schedule of nightly answers, but if I don’t, that’s why. He’s back up to nine projects on the go at once! (Plus, of course, the demands of a real-life day job.)

Aye, no problem! :) I was just making sure. :)

And when I get my NPC file done, which Alando keeps pestering me about!, I'll see what I can do to turn it into a HTML list so Ed can laugh at me that I've spent almost 4 months now making this file. :)

Edit: Now here's a short nay or yay question for Ed. Would Spellfire have existed when Mystryl was a deity? As far as we know there is no published text saying this is so but I, and a few others, see no reason why Spellfire wouldn't have existed even that far back in time.

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

My Goodreads page: http://www.goodreads.com/kuje

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium

Edited by - Kuje on 05 Apr 2005 08:16:15
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One

5036 Posts

Posted - 06 Apr 2005 :  00:46:42  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
Well met again, scribes. There’re still plenty of flagons and nibbles (wherever you can find them, Wooly - - oh, but hamster fur is so SOFT, ummhmmm), so step right in and mingle, whilst I ramble on:

To RevJest (simontrinity): Wooly Rupert is right (thank you, Wooly dearest!): the elf lass Rildarra Nierdre is (among other things) an Eldritch Knight indeed. And while we’re on the topic of the Nierdre lore, a hearty “You’re very welcome!” to Finglas Leaflock, Wooly, and SiriusBlack.

Now as for Paec_djinn: fie, sir! Have this flagon of Ed’s finest and let it be answer enough for you at this time! NDAs have force and weight and meaning, and because of them Ed can tell you NOTHING about the roster of writers for REALMS OF THE ELVES, or even confirm if he’s one of them. Naughty lass in need of a spanking that I am, * I * spilled the beans, and will go so far as to say that Ed has begun his tale, that the characters appearing therein will be of great interest to certain scribes here, and that diligent readers of THE FARTHEST REACH will find in its pages a certain utterance by Storm Silverhand that ‘sets up’ Ed’s story. You’ll learn no more from me just now, I warn you - - but of course, sirrah, you’re welcome to try to persuade me! Here I am, standing defenseless . . .

To Rick Day: you’re welcome, too, and I’ve deeply enjoyed playing in the Realms all these years (even if it does reveal my ever-advancing age). Ed has indeed read THE SILMARILLION (and UNFINISHED TALES, and the LETTERS, and all twelve [!] volumes of THE HISTORY OF MIDDLE-EARTH).
BTW, the man Ed considers Canada’s greatest living fantasy writer, Guy Gavriel Kay, helped to edit THE SILMARILLION, and Kay’s first trilogy (described by some as “Tolkien meets King Arthur meets some University of Toronto students”), The Fionavar Tapestry, is very “Tolkienesque.” Ed recommends Kay’s later standalone novels TIGANA and A SONG FOR ARBONNE as among the very best fantasy novels ever written.
As for your “events of the last ten years” query, Rick, I think SiriusBlack and Wooly Rupert have taken care of it very well. Much of the North Timeline (available here at Candlekeep, I believe) that Sirius refers to, the work of George Krashos (the man who is THE “go to” Lorelord for both Ed and Eric Boyd, by the way, and who never gets thanked enough, so I’m blowing him a kiss now!), was incorporated into the recent and essential LOST EMPIRES OF FAERUN sourcebook.

Sanishiver, you’re also welcome! Glad you liked the Waterdeep lore (and I can JUST SEE the fun Wooly alluded to, in his posts to you, and your response to him). Watch Ed’s Realmslore column on the WotC website for a little more about Waterdeep, probably at about the time Eric Boyd’s essential Waterdeep tome gets released.

Verghityax, Ed can’t tell you a word about the laws of Baldur’s Gate or Elturel; that’s what NDAs MEAN. He started to detail the legal matters of Secomber for you, but had to interrupt this to toss most of his lawmaking into another Realms project; he’ll get back to you as soon as he can.
He appreciates your offer re. Dungeon 64, but doesn’t want you to get into any legal trouble. It’s certainly no crime for Ed to receive the information (TSR and thus WotC are actually CONTRACTUALLY BOUND to provide him with all Realmslore he requests, and should as a matter of course furnish him with all Realmslore they or a licensor publishes), but neither of us are sure if you (not being an employee of WotC) personally run into any shaky legal ground at any step along the road of providing it (and we both suspect that you might). It’s complicated because of the geography of where you are located and where Ed is located; two sets of laws are involved (and a third, too: the current administration in the United States is aggressively pursuing a policy of attempting, without any legal or moral right whatsoever beyond “hey, we’re THE superpower, and might makes right,” to try to apply American law to the entire Internet, and to all transfers of goods, information, or currency, no matter where they may happen to occur in the world, if “American business interests” are involved - - and regardless of how you define such things, TSR and now WotC and Hasbro ARE American companies, and thus quite properly fit even the narrowest definition of “American business interests”). The point is, it’s a very complicated matter, and Ed doesn’t want to upset anyone or get anyone into legal trouble. It will probably be easiest (though slowest) if Ed gets Paizo to provide him with a copy. How about: we’ll get back to you after we’ve investigated further, okay?

Ah, I see the wine is running low (My! Some of you scribes must be darned near HOLLOW! ) and that it’s high time for meatier Realmslore to be served up, so I’ll usher Ed up to his garret now, and start flogging him to produce more for tomorrow . . .
love to all,
THO
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
29724 Posts

Posted - 06 Apr 2005 :  00:59:04  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message
quote:

Naughty lass in need of a spanking that I am,

I could quite easily be persuaded to oblige you...

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Editor and scribe for The Candlekeep Compendium

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4586 Posts

Posted - 06 Apr 2005 :  02:18:24  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage  Send Erik Scott de Bie an AOL message Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message
quote:

To Erik Scott de Bie: invaluable? Great! You’re warmly welcome to the team in harness (I enjoy it most when the editorial whips strike me just * here, * but your mileage may, of course, vary). Please feel free to quiz Ed on all matters. If it’s something about an unfolding project you don’t want all of Candlekeep to know about just yet, just drop a private word to Alaundo, and he’ll call on me, and I’ll in turn rouse the Slumbering Ed for you. Not that he ever DOES sleep, mind you.
Now have a glass of this! Cheers!

My thanks for the welcome, and the *ahem* offers [bows and ]

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

'Tis easier to destroy than to create.

Signature of Shameless Self-Promotion +6: Order my sixth novel, Shadow of the Winter King (Amazon, e-signing, Dragonmoon Press)

Also check out my Realms work, most recently Shadowbane: Eye of Justice, out now on e-readers everywhere! (Kindle, Nook)
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
29724 Posts

Posted - 06 Apr 2005 :  03:53:45  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message
quote:

George Krashos (the man who is THE “go to” Lorelord for both Ed and Eric Boyd, by the way, and who never gets thanked enough, so I’m blowing him a kiss now!),

Well, he doesn't seem to appreciate it when any of the rest of us blow him a kiss...

quote:

Sanishiver, you’re also welcome! Glad you liked the Waterdeep lore (and I can JUST SEE the fun Wooly alluded to, in his posts to you, and your response to him). Watch Ed’s Realmslore column on the WotC website for a little more about Waterdeep, probably at about the time Eric Boyd’s essential Waterdeep tome gets released.

Ooh, Waterdhavian lore from Ed himself? I cannot wait!

Perhaps you, O Lovely Hooded Flirt, could share more of your adventures in the City of Splendors, as well...

Go to Top of Page

Hoondatha
Great Reader

USA
2384 Posts

Posted - 06 Apr 2005 :  05:31:40  Show Profile  Visit Hoondatha's Homepage Send Hoondatha a Private Message
OK, all of this "lass this" and "lass that" being thrown about by a woman I know must be a little older than I am (and I'm not going to go any further with that, because I frankly *like* Flirtatious Lady Hooded and don't want to meet Angry Vengefull Lady Hooded) got me thinking about age names.

Specifically, there's a bit in Stormlight where Laspeera tells Vangerdahast "You're the only one who can get away with calling me lass." And Elminster has used "lad" and "lass" plenty of times to insult people or remind them how old he is.

So I was wondering if there are Realms-specific versions of lad, lass, and other such words. Also, which are generally insulting (I don't think anyone these days would call someone a "whelp" and not want to be insulting), and which can be but require a specific context?

Many thanks.

Doggedly converting 3e back to what D&D should be...
Sigh... And now 4e as well.
Go to Top of Page

RevJest
Learned Scribe

USA
115 Posts

Posted - 06 Apr 2005 :  09:54:59  Show Profile  Visit RevJest's Homepage Send RevJest a Private Message
The Hooded One, blessed of Sune and Sharess:

A question for Master Greenwood.

Ed,

I asked Master Schend in another thead some questions about the suppliment Cloak & Dagger. He said one of my questions involved a plot of yours. And, "Best to ask the Sage of Colborne over on his own thread."

And so ...

Can you tell us what was wrong with Cylyria of Berdusk while the whole Harper Tribunal / Khelben thing was going on? It seems odd that she'd be laying abed sick, given the sorts of resources at her disposal. Whatever you'd care to / can tell would be of interest to me. Plus, what did El say to Storm to get her to calm down?

Regards,
RJ
Go to Top of Page

Rick Day
Acolyte

USA
9 Posts

Posted - 06 Apr 2005 :  15:25:28  Show Profile  Visit Rick Day's Homepage Send Rick Day a Private Message
My thanks to thoes who posted the timelines and to you Milady Hooded One. IF you could also send my thanks on to Mr. Greenwood for the reading suggestions, and the years of growing up with a home away from home in the Realms.

Three things we live by: truth within our hearts, strength in our hands and fulfilment on our tongues
Go to Top of Page

thom
Seeker

USA
69 Posts

Posted - 06 Apr 2005 :  17:42:13  Show Profile  Visit thom's Homepage Send thom a Private Message
Ahh..Ahem. Well THO, I've been rereading the Elminster Speaks columns, and the info on Delzimmer is very relevant to my previous inquiry. BTW they are a wonderful gold mine of information! So I want to amend my request(is that possible, I wonder?)

In Delzimmer the 4 noble families mysteriously work together. But, how would it work in a town (Nathlekh in my campaign for example) where the families don't trust each other, and one of the families secretly worships Bane and plans to become the Tyrants of Nathlekh? Is it reasonable to think the 4 houses would only trust ONE house with overall town defense? Tax collection? Day-to-day administration? I could see where fines and labor would be used commonly to handle crimes and ensure a labor pool for "dirty work" around the town ;). I guess if you could give a few realms pointers as to how *you* would set this up - given this specific situation I'd appreciate it!

THO, please pass this amendment on to Ed's stack of replies, perhaps this will make it a little easier for him to give a specific answer on. Thanks, and sorry for not doing my homework earlier!

Go to Top of Page

Baleful Avatar
Learned Scribe

Canada
161 Posts

Posted - 06 Apr 2005 :  17:47:31  Show Profile  Visit Baleful Avatar's Homepage Send Baleful Avatar a Private Message
I just want to tell Ed of the Greenwood how impressed I am, reading over this thread and the 2004 one. I’ve always thought the Realms felt stunningly “real” to me, full of a depth of detail I’ve only really found in Tolkien elsewhere in fantasy. But after reading Ed’s replies here, two things strike me:
1. The Realms is even deeper and more detailed than TSR/WotC have ever shown us. Entire layers deeper.
2. This Ed guy * cares * about us, his readers and gamers, and is quite willing to sit down and concoct more detail just because one of us, people he’s never met and who aren’t going to pay him anything, asks.
I still can’t quite believe it.
I work in Marketing for a large multinational (don’t ask), and what Mr. Greenwood is doing here at Candlekeep is gold. Just pure gold. Whatever WotC’s paying Ed, he’s doing the equivalent of what about 200 grand (yes, in American greenbacks) buys a corporation annually in customer service/good publicity. I hope they hand him that much, though I strongly suspect they don’t.
I just want to say thanks, Mr. Greenwood. THANK you. I can sit at work all day hammering my keyboard, knowing that at home, in the late evening, I can sit back and get a new little gem of Realmslore to add to the pile.

One happy gamer.
Go to Top of Page

SirUrza
Master of Realmslore

USA
1280 Posts

Posted - 06 Apr 2005 :  18:06:57  Show Profile  Send SirUrza an AOL message  Send SirUrza an ICQ Message Send SirUrza a Private Message
quote:
Perhaps you, O Lovely Hooded Flirt, could share more of your adventures in the City of Splendors, as well...

Sometimes I think THO needs her own section in the Chambers to divuldge her personal tales and experiences in the realms. :)

"Evil prevails when good men fail to act."
The original and unapologetic Arilyn, Aribeth, Seoni Fanboy.
Go to Top of Page

Hoondatha
Great Reader

USA
2384 Posts

Posted - 06 Apr 2005 :  18:43:07  Show Profile  Visit Hoondatha's Homepage Send Hoondatha a Private Message
If that means she'll do it more often, I'm all for it.

Doggedly converting 3e back to what D&D should be...
Sigh... And now 4e as well.
Go to Top of Page

Steven Schend
Forgotten Realms Designer & Author

USA
1631 Posts

Posted - 06 Apr 2005 :  19:02:40  Show Profile  Visit Steven Schend's Homepage  Send Steven Schend a Yahoo! Message Send Steven Schend a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Baleful Avatar
I work in Marketing for a large multinational (don�t ask), and what Mr. Greenwood is doing here at Candlekeep is gold. Just pure gold. Whatever WotC�s paying Ed, he�s doing the equivalent of what about 200 grand (yes, in American greenbacks) buys a corporation annually in customer service/good publicity. I hope they hand him that much, though I strongly suspect they don�t.
I just want to say thanks, Mr. Greenwood. THANK you. I can sit at work all day hammering my keyboard, knowing that at home, in the late evening, I can sit back and get a new little gem of Realmslore to add to the pile.

One happy gamer.

More impressive still (and he'd never be one to mention it, being the bashful and modest man he is, hiding behind his voluminous beard), Ed (and the Lady Hooded, may her passions never fade) are doing this out of kindness and care (of Realms and its fans), not for any remuneration.

Steven
Who, as always, stands in respectful awe of the man he's proudest to call friend and truly mean it

For current projects and general natter, see www.steveneschend.com
Go to Top of Page

RevJest
Learned Scribe

USA
115 Posts

Posted - 06 Apr 2005 :  20:48:37  Show Profile  Visit RevJest's Homepage Send RevJest a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by SirUrza

quote:

Sometimes I think THO needs her own section in the Chambers to divuldge her personal tales and experiences in the realms. :)

I've remarked before that I'd love to read such tales. :)

Perhaps if the wearer of fishnets and high heels gets enough requests ...

Regards,
RJ

"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter."
- Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
Go to Top of Page

Mumadar Ibn Huzal
Master of Realmslore

1338 Posts

Posted - 06 Apr 2005 :  21:14:48  Show Profile Send Mumadar Ibn Huzal a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by RevJest

The Hooded One, blessed of Sune and Sharess:

A question for Master Greenwood.

<snip>

Can you tell us what was wrong with Cylyria of Berdusk while the whole Harper Tribunal / Khelben thing was going on? It seems odd that she'd be laying abed sick, given the sorts of resources at her disposal. Whatever you'd care to / can tell would be of interest to me. Plus, what did El say to Storm to get her to calm down?

I wonder if the NDA cloud has lifted on this... some time ago a asked almost the same question on the board here and at that time nothing much could be divulged...

Who knows... more wine Mistress Hooded?
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One

5036 Posts

Posted - 07 Apr 2005 :  00:28:43  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
Hello again, fellow scribes. Ed replies to malchor7 in the matter of Helm and Mystra entwined (or not):

As for the notion that (the first) Mystra and Helm had once been lovers, it seems likely - - but then again, mortals can almost NEVER know the truth about the deeds, thoughts, and affairs of deities, because they can only ‘go by’ what the various churches, prophets (often self-proclaimed, and also all too often crazies who speak in opposition to the churches), and avatars report - - or far more often, that they hear third- or five-thousand-and-thirty-third-hand of what such parties said or did. And even (or perhaps particularly) gods, and certainly their churches, have agenda reasons for lying or embellishing the truth.
Even if a deity speaks directly to a character, and the character is utterly convinced the deity is speaking truth, that really means nothing more than that a being of divine powers can convince a mortal of just about anything.
All of which means the various tales about Mystra being the lover of Azuth (several times daily), Helm, or Shar, or Bane, or Moander, or the nearest rock MIGHT be true, or might not, but no mortal can be sure.
This, of course, neatly leaves every DM elbow room to sail armadas or ride armies through. First on the left, no pushing or shoving, one to a cross, please. :}

So saith Ed. Ending with a paraphrase of Monty Python’s LIFE OF BRIAN (for those whose wits are rusty just now).
love to all,
THO
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
4746 Posts

Posted - 07 Apr 2005 :  02:17:39  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message
Another question for THO about her gaming group, the fascinating Knights of Myth Drannoor.

Doust Soulwood and Semoor Wolftooth/Jelde Asturien were retired by their players and subsequently Torm and Rathan joined the group. What was there any reason for this? Did the players want to try something new play-wise? Their old characters got too 'powerful'? Just curious is all, because Florin, Merith, Jhessail (I and II) & Lanseril continued on with no line-up change.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Chosen of Moradin
Master of Realmslore

Brazil
1120 Posts

Posted - 07 Apr 2005 :  14:10:12  Show Profile  Visit Chosen of Moradin's Homepage  Click to see Chosen of Moradin's MSN Messenger address Send Chosen of Moradin a Private Message
Hello, Mr. Ed e Lady Hooded!

It´s a great pleasure for me to stay here now, speaking directly for those that make me wonder and enjoy and live in a very exciting and wonderful Realms for all those years...

Well, I too have a question about the Knights, in truth, about Merith Strongbow. He is a key person in my campaign, and I will be very happy if you give me some hints, tips and ways to roleplay him right. All info will be welcome too, like character level, motivations, history, etc...

In love and admiration,

Yuri "Chosen of Moradin" Peixoto
A brazilian dwarf that fall in love with the Realms some 13 years ago, and is actually lost in Waterdeep.

Dwarf, DM, husband, and proud of this! :P

twitter: @yuripeixoto
Facebook: yuri.peixoto
Go to Top of Page

malchor7
Seeker

62 Posts

Posted - 07 Apr 2005 :  18:19:40  Show Profile  Visit malchor7's Homepage Send malchor7 a Private Message
quote:

All of which means the various tales about Mystra being the lover of Azuth (several times daily), Helm, or Shar, or Bane, or Moander, or the nearest rock MIGHT be true, or might not, but no mortal can be sure.

Those deities, they get around.

Which leads to another question: Other than the late Xvim (is he really late? I don't know), are there a lot of known godlings wandering around, or do those deities always wear rings of protection (not THAT kind) in order to avoid the possibility of divine child support?

m

Edited by - malchor7 on 07 Apr 2005 20:49:33
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 07 Apr 2005 :  20:00:55  Show Profile  Send Kuje an AOL message  Click to see Kuje's MSN Messenger address  Send Kuje a Yahoo! Message Send Kuje a Private Message
Here's a question for Ed, since I noticed this.

How or why did Vhonna Deepdell go from Waterdeep to Ravens Bluff? Also why did she change deities? City of Splendors has her listed as a 12th paladin of Torm while City of Ravens Bluff has her as a 12th level of Helm.

And what is with the small font in City of Ravens Bluff. :) Need a magnifing glass to read this book!

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Edited by - Kuje on 07 Apr 2005 23:07:17
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
29724 Posts

Posted - 07 Apr 2005 :  23:34:14  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by malchor7

quote:

Those deities, they get around.

Which leads to another question: Other than the late Xvim (is he really late? I don't know), are there a lot of known godlings wandering around, or do those deities always wear rings of protection (not THAT kind) in order to avoid the possibility of divine child support?

m

As I recall, Ed has said in the past that there are herbal brews and simple spells that can serve as contraceptives. And these are gods we're talking about -- I'd imagine that they'd only impregnate a mortal (or become impregnated) if they specifically chose to. Ditto for sex between the gods.

Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 07 Apr 2005 :  23:54:57  Show Profile  Send Kuje an AOL message  Click to see Kuje's MSN Messenger address  Send Kuje a Yahoo! Message Send Kuje a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert
As I recall, Ed has said in the past that there are herbal brews and simple spells that can serve as contraceptives. And these are gods we're talking about -- I'd imagine that they'd only impregnate a mortal (or become impregnated) if they specifically chose to. Ditto for sex between the gods.

I agree. I mean Ed has said before that the Chosen, as mortals, can't even get with child without Mystra's okay. If she's that "controling" with her Chosen, do you really think she as a deity would allow herself to become with child?

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 84 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2017 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000