Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 A Grand History of the Realms... in PDF form...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 22 Jan 2005 :  09:38:32  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:
Originally posted by Lina

That's one long document Sage. Now all I need is some time off work to get through it... Maybe I'll call in sick for the next few days.

I read the entire thing at work. The benefits of a help desk position!

I was lucky. I was at home on the day I found it, and so was able to read through it rather quickly, and without (significant) interference.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage

Edited by - The Sage on 22 Jan 2005 09:40:46
Go to Top of Page

Brian R. James
Forgotten Realms Game Designer

USA
1098 Posts

Posted - 22 Jan 2005 :  16:12:26  Show Profile  Visit Brian R. James's Homepage Send Brian R. James a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm having a hard time thinking of ways to improve something that is essentially nothing more than a big timeline. I'd love to hear your suggestions though.

And No, I won't be adding prestige classes!

Brian R. James - Freelance Game Designer

Follow me on Twitter @brianrjames
Go to Top of Page

Brian R. James

USA
1098 Posts

Posted - 22 Apr 2005 :  05:29:35  Show Profile  Visit Brian R. James's Homepage Send Brian R. James a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just wanted to let my friends at candlekeep.com know that I have updated A Grand History of the Realms. The new edition may be found at "http://www.geonomicon.com/chronology/A%20Grand%20History%20of%20the%20Realms.pdf"

Updates primarily include new events from the Serpent Kingdoms and Lost Empires of Faerūn sourcebooks. As always, feedback is welcome.

Brian R. James

Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 22 Apr 2005 :  05:38:50  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Realmslore

Just wanted to let my friends at candlekeep.com know that I have updated A Grand History of the Realms. The new edition may be found at "http://www.geonomicon.com/chronology/A%20Grand%20History%20of%20the%20Realms.pdf"

Updates primarily include new events from the Serpent Kingdoms and Lost Empires of Faerūn sourcebooks. As always, feedback is welcome.

Brian R. James

Brian,

I was just looking at my timeline yesterday and wondering when someone would have an updated timeline that included the recent sourcebooks.

Thank you so much for sharing this update with the scribes at Candlekeep. I've enjoyed past editions and I'm sure I'll enjoy this one as well.

All the best,

SiriusBlack
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 22 Apr 2005 :  06:52:13  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

And No, I won't be adding prestige classes!

What about Feats?

“I am the King of Rome, and above grammar”

Emperor Sigismund

"Its good to be the King!"

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6646 Posts

Posted - 22 Apr 2005 :  08:04:36  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Good stuff, Brian!

As someone who's got more than a few timelines on the hop, I know how difficult and tedious timeline revamps can be.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 22 Apr 2005 :  08:16:53  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met

Many thanks for keeping us informed. I'll ensure the copy at Candlekeep is brought up to date Excellent work.

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Gray Richardson
Master of Realmslore

USA
1291 Posts

Posted - 22 Apr 2005 :  08:18:51  Show Profile  Visit Gray Richardson's Homepage Send Gray Richardson a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Amazing Brian! Pretty awesome! Well done!
Go to Top of Page

Brian R. James

USA
1098 Posts

Posted - 23 Apr 2005 :  17:11:57  Show Profile  Visit Brian R. James's Homepage Send Brian R. James a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Not sure if he's being truthful or not, but Cromm10k on the official realms boards thought my chronology had a virus in it. Can anyone confirm this? It's certainly not my desire to infect people with realmslore!

Go to Top of Page

Darkheyr
Learned Scribe

264 Posts

Posted - 23 Apr 2005 :  17:18:31  Show Profile  Visit Darkheyr's Homepage Send Darkheyr a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Neither my scanners at home nor the paranoid company setup I got at office found anything.

silm.pw - A Neverwinter Nights Persistent World
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 23 Apr 2005 :  17:26:25  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Not sure if he's being truthful or not, but Cromm10k on the official realms boards thought my chronology had a virus in it. Can anyone confirm this? It's certainly not my desire to infect people with realmslore!

I've opened it on two different computers, with two different AV programs running... My home computer is running Norton, and my work computer is running Trend Micro. Neither one has twigged to anything in the file.

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 23 Apr 2005 :  17:36:27  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Not sure if he's being truthful or not, but Cromm10k on the official realms boards thought my chronology had a virus in it.

I've had no indications that the file has a virus and I've opened it on more than one computer. I believe the explanation for Cromm10k's problems are explained by the portion of the above passage I have bolded.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 23 Apr 2005 :  18:19:21  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SiriusBlack

quote:

Not sure if he's being truthful or not, but Cromm10k on the official realms boards thought my chronology had a virus in it.

I've had no indications that the file has a virus and I've opened it on more than one computer. I believe the explanation for Cromm10k's problems are explained by the portion of the above passage I have bolded.

It could be that, or it could be that the problem lies with Cromm10k's machine. Sometimes virii do weird things and attach themselves to files... I sent an e-mail with no attachments out from Hotmail, once, and one person who received it e-mailed me back about having gotten a virus with the e-mail...

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000