Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Ye Old Favourites
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

GRYPHON
Senior Scribe

USA
520 Posts

Posted - 02 Jan 2008 :  13:52:25  Show Profile  Visit GRYPHON's Homepage Send GRYPHON a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have to go with the Elminster series or the Avatar series.

'Everyone dies...I only choose the time and place for a few.' --Eric Destler
Go to Top of Page

Zarithar
Acolyte

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 04 Jan 2008 :  16:06:17  Show Profile  Visit Zarithar's Homepage Send Zarithar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm going to have to go with Icewind Dale. I love Salvatore's earlier writing. I see Song and Swords ranking quite highly, and I'll have to check that out. One of my problems with many of the Realms novels I have read (and Dragonlance as well) is that the writing is sub-par and cliche. I'm looking for something to break that trend.
Go to Top of Page

ajfurst
Seeker

Australia
21 Posts

Posted - 23 Jan 2008 :  01:49:36  Show Profile  Visit ajfurst's Homepage Send ajfurst a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've gone with the Finders Stone Trilogy. Though you get the impression half of those ones were never planned as trilogies at the start, but the first books were too popular.

Ie. my favourite 3 FR books, that when I've read what I've got and short of cash for something new I can re-read happily for the 37th time are 'Azure Bonds', 'The Crystal Shard' and 'Pools of Radiance'. I don't feel compelled to finish the trilogies when I do. Where as if I read something like 'Return of the Archwizards' or 'Avatar Trilogy' stopping at book 1 really can't be done.
Go to Top of Page

BARDOBARBAROS
Senior Scribe

Greece
569 Posts

Posted - 25 Jan 2008 :  07:44:53  Show Profile  Visit BARDOBARBAROS's Homepage Send BARDOBARBAROS a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Dark Elf Trilogy

BARDOBARBAROS DOES NOT KILL.
HE DECAPITATES!!!

"The city changes, but the fools within it remain always the same" (Edwin Odesseiron- Baldur's gate 2)
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2017 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000