Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Realms Events
 Events in Cormyr
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Senbar Flay
Learned Scribe

185 Posts

Posted - 29 Oct 2004 :  00:59:56  Show Profile  Visit Senbar Flay's Homepage Send Senbar Flay a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hello all!

In Cormyr they have sufferd manly losses the death of their monarch sacking of their city and a loss of theri military might. so they must have fallen on hard times I was wondering has anything changed have they found allies or did they drive the orcs out. What's happening

Imagination is more important than knowledge for knowledge is limited imagination encircles the world.- Albert Einstein

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 29 Oct 2004 :  03:31:22  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Senbar Flay

Hello all!

In Cormyr they have sufferd manly losses the death of their monarch sacking of their city and a loss of theri military might. so they must have fallen on hard times I was wondering has anything changed have they found allies or did they drive the orcs out. What's happening

Elminster's Daughter provides the latest information on Cormyr. That novel showed a great deal of stabilization has come since the many tragic events.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 29 Oct 2004 :  05:57:13  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SiriusBlack

quote:
Originally posted by Senbar Flay

Hello all!

Elminster's Daughter provides the latest information on Cormyr. That novel showed a great deal of stabilization has come since the many tragic events.

... Though, admittedly, they've still got a ways to go before they get back to say, pre-Crusade strength...

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Thysl
Seeker

USA
64 Posts

Posted - 29 Oct 2004 :  06:26:54  Show Profile  Visit Thysl's Homepage Send Thysl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If you're fishing for ideas I made it so that the crown got significantly more lenient on adventurers and their restrictions. I halved the costs of a charter and made the possibility of gaining an illegal charter fairly easy.
There are a few written adventures you could utilize, if you want to go that rout. The Dragon's Lair, written by Sean K. is OK. There's a Dragon mag (can't remember the issue) that has a great adventure set in Cormyr called the Door to Everywhere (I think).
As for actual Realms events there was a horrible flood in Cormyr becuase of the Shade Enclave's melting of the High Ice. As I recall there was a pretty bad shortage on food becuase of a season of untimely rains.
If you wanted to do something more recent (timeline wise) you could toss in some Rage of Dragon fun, that's pretty cool!

There are as many nights as days, and the one is just as long as the other in the year's course. Even a happy life cannot be without a measure of darkness, and the word 'happy' would lose its meaning if it were not balanced by sadness.
--Carl Jung
Go to Top of Page

tauster
Senior Scribe

Germany
399 Posts

Posted - 29 Oct 2004 :  12:23:44  Show Profile  Visit tauster's Homepage Send tauster a Private Message  Reply with Quote
does anyone know of a compilated timeline where the events of modern cormyr can be found? say, from 1368 or 1370 dr to the present? i have a hard time remembering all the things from the three novels ("cormyr, a novel", "beyond the high road" and "death of a dragon", iirc).
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 29 Oct 2004 :  14:28:23  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Thysl
There's a Dragon mag (can't remember the issue) that has a great adventure set in Cormyr called the Door to Everywhere (I think).

I believe that adventure was in Dungeon, #88 if I recall right off the top of my head.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 29 Oct 2004 :  15:49:03  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tauster

does anyone know of a compilated timeline where the events of modern cormyr can be found? say, from 1368 or 1370 dr to the present? i have a hard time remembering all the things from the three novels ("cormyr, a novel", "beyond the high road" and "death of a dragon", iirc).

I don't know of any Cormyr-specific timelines... But I do know of a wonderful annotated timeline of the Realms, found on the Geonomicon website. Unfortunately, it's not been updated in about a year...

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

tauster
Senior Scribe

Germany
399 Posts

Posted - 31 Oct 2004 :  09:47:23  Show Profile  Visit tauster's Homepage Send tauster a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

[quote]I don't know of any Cormyr-specific timelines... But I do know of a wonderful annotated timeline of the Realms, found on the Geonomicon website. Unfortunately, it's not been updated in about a year...

thanks for the reference. i already knew the great geonomicon timeline, yet could not resist to compile another document with events relevant for one of my campaigns. happens to me everytime i start to read this scroll...

the only thing that timeline lacks are exact dates, as it states only the year. i need a timeline with at least months (days would be even better if given somewhere in canon-lore). sadly, i was not able to find such a scroll as yet. :(

Edited by - tauster on 31 Oct 2004 09:53:17
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000