Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Welcome to Candlekeep
 Well Met, and Welcome to the Forums
 Congratulations!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 18

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 10 Dec 2002 :  17:49:37  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Well Met

May I take this opportunity on behalf of myself and the Head Scribes of Candlekeep to congratulate Mumadar Ibn Huzal on the new title of "Learned Scribe" and indeed the first Learned Scribe on the Candlekeep Forums.

Your contribution of knowledge and Realmslore to Candlekeep has been gratefully received. We hope you continue to stay with us and share your tales with fellow scribes and loreseekers

Edited by - Alaundo on 15 Oct 2003 18:15:11

The Defence Minister
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
218 Posts

Posted - 10 Dec 2002 :  18:48:49  Show Profile  Visit The Defence Minister's Homepage Send The Defence Minister a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes, very well done Mumadar!!!

It is a very impressive post count and your new title is highly deserved - you have made some fantastic posts and I have learned much from you.

The worrying thing is that it wont be long until Tiax gets this title

Well done Mumadar, keep it up mate!!!

TDM

- TDM (Candlekeep's most popular, experienced and handsome member)
Go to Top of Page

Echon
Senior Scribe

Denmark
422 Posts

Posted - 10 Dec 2002 :  20:36:11  Show Profile  Visit Echon's Homepage Send Echon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Indeed! I was wondering when the next title would appear but now Mumadar has revealed the secret to us. And every post a great one, too! The respect you recieve is nothing short of what you deserve.

quote:
Originally posted by The Defence Minister
The worrying thing is that it wont be long until Tiax gets this title

Yes, that is quite unerving (sp?), is it not?

-Echon

"If others had not been foolish, we should be so."

-William Blake

Edited by - Echon on 10 Dec 2002 20:37:34
Go to Top of Page

king-tiax
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
327 Posts

Posted - 10 Dec 2002 :  20:40:20  Show Profile  Visit king-tiax's Homepage Send king-tiax a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Why, may I ask Echon, Do you concider yourself worthy of such a claim. I think not, do not try to look big by posting high, unless, you are worthy. I am.

My name is Tiax, I would ask yours but I don't care to become aquainted with the dead.

Go to Top of Page

Echon
Senior Scribe

Denmark
422 Posts

Posted - 10 Dec 2002 :  20:51:18  Show Profile  Visit Echon's Homepage Send Echon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by king-tiax

Why, may I ask Echon, Do you concider yourself worthy of such a claim. I think not, do not try to look big by posting high, unless, you are worthy. I am.

*sigh* Relax. Okay, my post did not contain a . Does that force a literal interpretation down your throat? Is it not possible to joke without using smilies? Personally I cannot stand them.

Rest assured, it was not my intention to offend you. If you were (which seems likely after reading your post), please accept my apology.

-Echon

-William Blake

Edited by - Echon on 10 Dec 2002 20:54:30
Go to Top of Page

Lord Rad
Great Reader

United Kingdom
2080 Posts

Posted - 10 Dec 2002 :  21:23:13  Show Profile  Visit Lord Rad's Homepage Send Lord Rad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Congratulations Mumadar, take a bow

Im really happy for you, I feel kind o' proud

Well it definately seems like you have earned a lot of respect with your new position as "Learned Scribe", in particular from your informative posts, not one of them was just posted for the sake of notching up your count!

Well done! If you make it to Euro GENCON next year ill gladly buy you a pint

Lord Rad

"What? No, I wasn't reading your module. I was just looking at the pictures"

Edited by - Lord Rad on 10 Dec 2002 21:23:53
Go to Top of Page

Frey
Learned Scribe

130 Posts

Posted - 10 Dec 2002 :  21:23:57  Show Profile  Visit Frey's Homepage Send Frey a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The green door slams open and Frey wanders inside, dressed in an elegant white, low-necked dress. She looks festive with coloured ribbons in her hair.
In front of her she carries a large cake on a plate and it's odour seems to reach your stumache even before you notice how delightful it is.
"Sorry!" she mumbles, blushing lightly, embarrassed as she is from the noise she made with the door.
Then she progesses slowly towards the celebrator, holding the plate firmly with both hands. She smilingly bows deeply in front of Mumadar, saying "Well done Mumadar!" The glimmer in her eyes alone will make a man feel warm, "Indeed I've heard your wise words nearly everywhere I went. You seem to add knowledge to almost any subject discussed or asked in this library, with a constant high level of expertise (as far as I can judge that) you've proven to be an indefatigable servant to newbies and a willing listener and debater for others. On or next to a soapbox. If anyone deserves this it's you.". She winks at him and whispers in his ear: "And you really made me laugh when you pulled Alaundo's beard"
There's mirth visible in Frey's eyes, but only Mumadar knows why.

Then she offers him to cut a large slice of pie for himself, even before she'll walk to Alaundo to present him his slice.

well, it is a large cake, but there won't be enough for everyone present

- Imagine ... there's no imagination. -

(remember Frey is just a PC)
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 10 Dec 2002 :  21:29:57  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well Met, Well Met!

::rubs hands together in anticipation of receiving an extra large piece of cake from Frey::

Indeed 'tis a cause for celebration, welcome to the chamber of Learned Scribes, Mumadar. I look forward to reading more of your tales and knowledge of the vast Realms...... I would go out searching for Realmslore myself, you understand, but after all this cake and celebrating im sure to feel a little "immobile", shall we say

::rubs chin which still feels slightly tender from having beard pulled::

...and may I just say how very elegant and wonderful you look tonight Frey ::hoping that flattery will get him an even BIGGER piece of cake::

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep

Edited by - Alaundo on 10 Dec 2002 21:31:38
Go to Top of Page

Mumadar Ibn Huzal
Master of Realmslore

1338 Posts

Posted - 11 Dec 2002 :  08:53:08  Show Profile Send Mumadar Ibn Huzal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Pint, cake, attention, praise...

LOL... of course there has always been a little curiosity of when the next promotional step would come in the Candlekeep career of the collected scribes. And even I'm not completely devoid of a little competitive spirit, but in the same token don't want to post 'empty' posts on the forum. There's plenty of other forums and e-mail lists where that happens.

Though I'm not one of the scribes of the early days when Candlekeep opened its electronic doors, I must say that I have seen a good and nice increase in the number of scribes and the contributed information, something the masters of Candlekeep can be proud of. And of course us scribes as well.

Now that I'm a learned scribe, I will not stop sharing my knowledge of the Realms with the rest, probably only increase it, especially when my private library comes over from the US to Hungary (Yeah... I've had to make do with what's in my head and a couple of 3e books). And eventhough I seem to know a lot about the Realms, I'm still learning even more each day. So don't hesitate to educate me as well.

Sweet Water and Light Laughter,

Now let's get back to work... I've got 18 tomes of Mulhorandi bureacracy to wrestle through...
Go to Top of Page

Tyreal Nyquis
Acolyte

USA
20 Posts

Posted - 11 Dec 2002 :  15:45:56  Show Profile  Visit Tyreal Nyquis's Homepage Send Tyreal Nyquis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I would also congratulate your fine accomplishment, Mumadar I. Huzal. Even I who has just been present here for three days has felt the weight of your wisedom upon the scale of quality for this forum. You have brought much knowledge, wisedom, and yes in some cases humor to this board and have more than earned your new title. I hope you continue to keep posting and giving as much or perhaps even more useful information in future posts. But as for now, enjoy your pie!

"Spells are highly overrated. I mean, you spend half your life shut up in a dusty tower pouring over unitelligible tomes and for what? A few gloriful moments on the battlefield and a permanent case of eye strain." - Tyreal Ny'quis of Sigil
Go to Top of Page

Artalis
Senior Scribe

USA
444 Posts

Posted - 11 Dec 2002 :  16:24:13  Show Profile Send Artalis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Mumadar Ibn Huzal, my congratulations to you on this most prestigious and well deserved of titles.

Your contributions inspire us all with their informative, considerate and thoughtful nature.

You are truly a scribe's scribe as it were.

Again Congratulations Mumadar!and thank you as well.

Artalis

Email

Go to Top of Page

The Defence Minister
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
218 Posts

Posted - 11 Dec 2002 :  19:01:43  Show Profile  Visit The Defence Minister's Homepage Send The Defence Minister a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Once more, well done Mumadar but very well done Frey for making such a magnificant cake. I think she should get a special title of 'Honourary Candlekeep Chef'.

Alaundo, I thought you were on a diet.

TDM

quote:
Originally posted by Echon

quote:
Originally posted by king-tiax

*sigh* Relax. Okay, my post did not contain a . Does that force a literal interpretation down your throat? Is it not possible to joke without using smilies? Personally I cannot stand them.

Rest assured, it was not my intention to offend you. If you were (which seems likely after reading your post), please accept my apology.

-Echon

You didn't come to these forums to make friends, did you Echon

Go to Top of Page

Echon
Senior Scribe

Denmark
422 Posts

Posted - 11 Dec 2002 :  21:37:10  Show Profile  Visit Echon's Homepage Send Echon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Defence Minister

You didn't come to these forums to make friends, did you Echon
[/quote]

No. I did not.

-Echon

-William Blake
Go to Top of Page

Kitira Gildragon
Learned Scribe

USA
191 Posts

Posted - 11 Dec 2002 :  23:03:31  Show Profile  Visit Kitira Gildragon's Homepage Send Kitira Gildragon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
*appears in a dark blue dress [note: this is not normal atire] acting quite humble* Congrats Mumadar and this time I'll actually let you keep that pint. You earned it. Helping everyone out, being nice... My thanks and eternal gratitude for you help, Mellonamin. Perhaps I'll forget about hunting down that lair of yours, too.

-Space for rent-
Go to Top of Page

Drummer Boy
Senior Scribe

USA
395 Posts

Posted - 12 Dec 2002 :  04:37:56  Show Profile  Visit Drummer Boy's Homepage Send Drummer Boy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Congratulations Mumadar! You deserve to be first to be titled Learned Scribe, especially since all of your posts seem to be relevant and contribute to the forums. Congratulations again!
Go to Top of Page

Ditalidas
Learned Scribe

Netherlands
127 Posts

Posted - 12 Dec 2002 :  13:17:23  Show Profile  Visit Ditalidas's Homepage Send Ditalidas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
As the cake is as good as consumed, Ditalidas walks in. She is dressed in a velvet dress that accents every curve of her slender figure. Her long black hair falls like a waterfall over her shoulders. Bracelets adorn her wrists and curl up her upper arms like snakes. Her heritage of a noble family is clearly visible now. It’s visible in the way she looks and walks. She almost floats over the floor towards the table…. But… she is not alone. Behind her several servants enter the room. They carry plates with a huge amount of wineglasses, which they distribute among the guests in the room. Then servants start coming in with decanters filled with an outstanding Berduskan red. When everybody has his or her glass filled she raises her glass.

“Ladies and gentlemen…”

She waits until the talking has diminished enough to be heard clearly.

“Ladies and gentlemen, colleagues and friends, I would like to propose a toast on behalf of Mumadar Ibn Huzal.”

She turns to face Mumadar.

“Mumadar, congratulation with your promotion. If any of us deserves it, it has to be you. Your devotion, your kindness, your knowledge, your wisdom and insight have all been of great value. I must say I’m not surprised though. ”

She tosses Mumardar a wink.

“I hope… no correction… I know you will keep contributing to this library. And I know that your contribution will expand as soon as you have your personal library at hand again. Therefore, I wish you all the wisdom and knowledge to keep up the good work… and even improve yourself.”

She raises her glass again.

“Cheers! May the gods guide you on your path.”

PS. The ladies have dressed themselves up very nicely haven't they?

'All that is' is also 'All that is not' for the one cannot exist without the other.

Sweet Water and Light Laughter
Go to Top of Page

Mumadar Ibn Huzal
Master of Realmslore

1338 Posts

Posted - 12 Dec 2002 :  16:42:33  Show Profile Send Mumadar Ibn Huzal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Finds himself suddenly with a pint of beer and a glass of wine in his hands... quickly puts pint of beer down (sorry fellow beer guzzlers, I prefer wine)

While appreciating the dresses of the ladies walks over to Alaundo. Gives the old man a wink and whispers: "I don't have to go down to a cellar to 'receive' good looking ladies. And the bring nice presents as well."

Hoists glass to toast Alaundo and the ladies.
Go to Top of Page

ArcticKnight
Learned Scribe

USA
169 Posts

Posted - 12 Dec 2002 :  16:57:48  Show Profile  Visit ArcticKnight's Homepage Send ArcticKnight a Private Message  Reply with Quote
First off NO dis-respect to Mumadar intended here but man u guys sure do get excited over Post Whoring!!!! lmao im sure most of them are useful posts, im just kidding around!

i try to post as often as possible but dang i cant keep up!!! i once had the most posts...once...when no-one was here, but i just cant keep up!!!!

I nod in salute to your vast knowledge.

"The man who does not read has little advantage over the man who cannot read."

Go to Top of Page

Frey
Learned Scribe

130 Posts

Posted - 12 Dec 2002 :  18:07:46  Show Profile  Visit Frey's Homepage Send Frey a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alaundo
...and may I just say how very elegant and wonderful you look tonight Frey ::hoping that flattery will get him an even BIGGER piece of cake::

With a new elegance in her movements Frey slides toward Alaundo, bents over towards him and presents him larger slice indeed.
She turns at the growing group of workers and noblewomen and says with a warm and tender voice, "I don't praise Mumadar for the mere number of his posts. It's their relevance and helpfulness that are laudable."
Cheakily she winks at Mumadar, and the spot of whipped cream on her cheek adds to her charme when she asks him, "Shall I get more pie, Sir Huzal?"

- Imagine ... there's no imagination. -

(remember Frey is just a PC)
Go to Top of Page

The Defence Minister
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
218 Posts

Posted - 12 Dec 2002 :  18:46:31  Show Profile  Visit The Defence Minister's Homepage Send The Defence Minister a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think the reason Mumadar deserves this award so much, at that everyone is so full of praise, is that not only has he made 350+ posts but at least 90% of those have been excellent, relevant and thoroughly useful stuff. Out of my post probably about 60% fall into that category, of people like ArcticKnight probably about 70%, of people like Tiax probably about 40% etc. - nothing to rival the great Huzal.

TDM

Go to Top of Page

Ghost
Acolyte

Netherlands
38 Posts

Posted - 13 Dec 2002 :  18:27:19  Show Profile  Visit Ghost's Homepage Send Ghost a Private Message  Reply with Quote
*offers Mumadar a glass of whiskey

I KNOW you like this even better, bro

It seems you have found an audiance that appriciates your performances, keep it up, but don't forget to grow in the proces.

I'll see you at the Twin Towers (no pun or offense intended to any USA members).

The way of a superior man are three-fold;
virtuous, he is free from anxieties;
wise, he is free from perplexities;
bold, he is free from fear. ~ Confucius
Go to Top of Page

zemd
Master of Realmslore

France
1103 Posts

Posted - 14 Dec 2002 :  00:14:31  Show Profile Send zemd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, i've not been here for long, but i congratulate you for this good score!
But you'll be really my hero if you answer my question about the fall of Myth Drannor! (i know i say that everywhere...
Go to Top of Page

Mumadar Ibn Huzal
Master of Realmslore

1338 Posts

Posted - 16 Dec 2002 :  07:33:54  Show Profile Send Mumadar Ibn Huzal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ehm... a challenge? Where did you post that question again mademoiselle? I can sympathize with Alaundo and Tethoril, sometimes it becomes difficult to find the correct scroll quickly...
Go to Top of Page

Kitira Gildragon
Learned Scribe

USA
191 Posts

Posted - 16 Dec 2002 :  12:52:08  Show Profile  Visit Kitira Gildragon's Homepage Send Kitira Gildragon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
*gives an impish grin with a cheery voice* Oh, If we did take offense you'd be lying on the floor already Ghost. *turning to Mumadar and withdraws her 'comb' from her hair* Which of the cellars were you referring to? It seems I have some... 'rats' to exterminate.

-Space for rent-
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 29 May 2003 :  17:27:41  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well Met

'Tis indeed time to quickly congratulate Sage of Perth as our fellow scribe honors us with his knowledge and steps over to the next chamber to join the Learned Scribes

Its been a pleasure reading your scrolls, Sage. I hope your stay in Candlekeep is long and enjoyable for you......welcome to your new desk

Now get back to work!

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Lord Rad
Great Reader

United Kingdom
2080 Posts

Posted - 29 May 2003 :  22:42:47  Show Profile  Visit Lord Rad's Homepage Send Lord Rad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wooo hooo, congratulations Sage, you certainly deserve the title for your numerous quality creations and posts.

Welcome to the Learned Scribes chamber, wow, how your new desk looks really nice and ornately carved, a new quill and ink pot and.....oh the ENORMOUS pile of scrolls that Alaundo has piled there for you to work though ......yup, welcome to our chamber

Lord Rad

"What? No, I wasn't reading your module. I was just looking at the pictures"
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 30 May 2003 :  09:26:09  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
::The Sage looks up from the notes he is writing into his Travelogue. He stares at the piles of old parchment and dusty scrolls that now haunt his once clean table:: Sigh

Thank you both, Rad, and Alaundo. I appreciate the comments everyone has made regarding my work. And Alaundo, once these scrolls you've handed to me are dealt with, I've got some other interesting scrolls of my own on the way. There just all still in here ::The Sage taps his forehead::, at the moment .

Good learning...

- The Sage of Perth: For all your Realms Lore needs

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Artalis
Senior Scribe

USA
444 Posts

Posted - 30 May 2003 :  12:07:11  Show Profile Send Artalis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Congratulations Sage of Perth,

Well earned and well deserved to be sure. I thank you for the helpful and informative assistance that yoiu have provided and will continue to do so no doubt.

I am well pleased to see you recieve this title, I only hope Alaundo doesn't increase your workload too much.

...now lets see...ablative armour was referred to in book 766 page 72...hey how did that get there?! *grumbles "I hate indexing" as he leaves the room*

Artalis

Email

Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 31 May 2003 :  08:43:42  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Of course, he still hasn't figured out why I said that his becoming a Learned Scribe was "like a breath of fresh air."

Hell hath no fury like all of Candlekeep rising in defense of one of its own.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 31 May 2003 :  08:54:46  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No I didn't, so I ask you to explain yourself Bookwyrm . As a learned scribe I am now allowed to be appear ignorant .

May your learning be free and unfettered

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 31 May 2003 :  09:17:29  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh, it dates to a discussion with my Astronomy professor, whom I've mentioned once (or thrice) on here. We were trying to start a Science Club on the campus; we even had flyers ("Looking for Intelligent Life on the Campus? Join the Science Club!"). Unfortunately, most people on this third of the college (there are three campuses, each in a different part of the county) who are interested in science are interested in Life Sciences. Ergo, the Biology club was one of the larges on the campus.

Anyway, there were three students, myself included, who had signed up. I joked that made us a Lithium Club. (And of course, everyone there got it -- this was Nerd Country, you know. But for those who aren't nerdy in that way, Lithium is the third element on the periodic table.) The professor nodded, but said we needed to be a Boron Club (five members, not counting professors) before the college recognized us and would supply money for field trips and such.

So, yes, it's obscure. Very. But there was still a chance that you would have noticed you were the eighth Learned Scribe and understood that by 'air' I meant the eighth element, oxygen.

Sorry if I caused your brain to swell, though.

Hell hath no fury like all of Candlekeep rising in defense of one of its own.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 18 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000