Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 The Talfir
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Hymn
Senior Scribe

Sweden
514 Posts

Posted - 06 Sep 2004 :  00:21:26  Show Profile Send Hymn a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I was wondering if any of the scribes here have any scrolls on the now extinct Talfir, Verraketh the Shadowking, or the Talfir city of Talis.

Sauro moki kara ochiro - Even monkeys falls from trees.

The path that leads to truth is littered with the bodies of the ignorant - Miyamoto Musashi

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6645 Posts

Posted - 06 Sep 2004 :  05:08:59  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
See Races of Faerun, pgs.108-109 and Serpent Kingdoms, pgs.111-112. The information out there is sketchy (mainly because Eric has had limited opportunities to incorporate the existinf scant fiction references into the coherent FR firmament).

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Hymn
Senior Scribe

Sweden
514 Posts

Posted - 06 Sep 2004 :  10:07:03  Show Profile Send Hymn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thnx for the note George but I have allready read that Hoped there was something more penned down they seemed pretty interesting.

The path that leads to truth is littered with the bodies of the ignorant - Miyamoto Musashi
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6645 Posts

Posted - 07 Sep 2004 :  04:59:45  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, when I get to my history of the Heartlands, I'll make sure to give as much detail on Verraketh as I can. Of course, that may not be until 2008-ish.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

ericlboyd
Forgotten Realms Designer

USA
2066 Posts

Posted - 08 Sep 2004 :  10:35:55  Show Profile  Visit ericlboyd's Homepage Send ericlboyd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Not to point out the obvious, but have you read "Crypt of the Shadowking" and "Curse of the Shadowmage"? They are books in the old Harpers series.

--Eric

--
http://www.ericlboyd.com/dnd/
Go to Top of Page

Hymn
Senior Scribe

Sweden
514 Posts

Posted - 08 Sep 2004 :  12:20:26  Show Profile Send Hymn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No not as of yet, but I saw a note of that those books, I think it was on the Realms-L Archive, might contain some info on them. I have trouble finding a copy of the two over here, will go to the local Sci-Fi Fantasy book store tomorrow. They probably have them there. Thnx for posting it Eric.

Go to Top of Page

Mumadar Ibn Huzal
Master of Realmslore

1338 Posts

Posted - 02 Nov 2004 :  20:54:07  Show Profile Send Mumadar Ibn Huzal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have been interested lately in the same topic... unfortunately the books seem out of print (at least on Amazon - and buying 2nd hand is not an option from Hungary)
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 03 Nov 2004 :  01:14:47  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You could try eBay, or try finding some local used book stores...

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Mumadar Ibn Huzal
Master of Realmslore

1338 Posts

Posted - 03 Nov 2004 :  10:32:21  Show Profile Send Mumadar Ibn Huzal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The books are available here in Hungary, easily available even. The problem is that all of them are translated into Magyar (hungarian)... Despite me being able to read/speak the language a little, I'm unable to read those books. And since the books are translated, the english versions are rare to very rare...
Go to Top of Page

Hymn
Senior Scribe

Sweden
514 Posts

Posted - 04 Nov 2004 :  00:39:26  Show Profile Send Hymn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mumadar Ibn Huzal

The books are available here in Hungary, easily available even. The problem is that all of them are translated into Magyar (hungarian)... Despite me being able to read/speak the language a little, I'm unable to read those books. And since the books are translated, the english versions are rare to very rare...

Still haven't found a single copy of the two At least I don't have to worry about translation. If I find two I could always send you one copy, dosn't cost much since it's inside EU. At least it brought something good with it.

Go to Top of Page

cpthero2
Great Reader

USA
2285 Posts

Posted - 01 Oct 2018 :  17:46:22  Show Profile  Visit cpthero2's Homepage Send cpthero2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Senior Scribe Hymn,

Here you are:

http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Talfir

Best regards,

quote:
Originally posted by Hymn

I was wondering if any of the scribes here have any scrolls on the now extinct Talfir, Verraketh the Shadowking, or the Talfir city of Talis.

Higher Atlar
Spirit Soaring
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000