Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 RPG News & Releases
 'Races of Stone' excerpt
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 09 Aug 2004 :  14:25:48  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There's a new excerpt up from this product.
Go to Top of Page

Bakra
Senior Scribe

628 Posts

Posted - 09 Aug 2004 :  16:47:26  Show Profile Send Bakra a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

quote:
Originally posted by Bakra

I don't think I would buy this one...due to the fact funds are limited and I noticed that there is book dealing with artic conditions. Frostburn will get my money.

I'll be purchasing this tome, if only because of the gnome-fanatic that resides within me...

I stand corrected, I shall have to sell some blood but it is worth it. The gnomes are worth it.

I hope Candlekeep continues to be the friendly forum of fellow Realms-lovers that it has always been, as we all go through this together. If you don’t want to move to the “new” Realms, that doesn’t mean there’s anything wrong with either you or the “old” Realms. Goodness knows Candlekeep, and the hearts of its scribes, are both big enough to accommodate both. If we want them to be.
(Strikes dramatic pose, raises sword to gleam in the sunset, and hopes breeches won’t fall down.)
Enough for now. The Realms lives! I have spoken! Ale and light wines half price, served by a smiling Storm Silverhand fetchingly clad in thigh-high boots and naught else! Ahem . .
So saith Ed. <snip>
love to all,
THO
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 11 Aug 2004 :  14:07:35  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:

quote:
I'll agree with that... Most of my gaming dollars go to the Forgotten Realms or BattleTech, so there's not much left over for the generic D&D stuff.
I'll be experiencing that particular problem shortly (as I'm sure you will be also)... especially with the multitude of CBT tomes due for release in the coming months...

Yeah... I *just* got my hands on Mercs Revised yesterday! Of course, I'm not going to jump on all of the new books...

Do you mind if I email you privately to discuss this particular tome, Wooly?

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36782 Posts

Posted - 11 Aug 2004 :  16:13:33  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Yeah... I *just* got my hands on Mercs Revised yesterday! Of course, I'm not going to jump on all of the new books...

Do you mind if I email you privately to discuss this particular tome, Wooly?

You can, but keep in mind I'm on a Realms-reading kick right now, so all I've read of it is the Wolf's Dragoons entry.

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

The Wanderer
Learned Scribe

USA
132 Posts

Posted - 11 Aug 2004 :  16:37:00  Show Profile  Visit The Wanderer's Homepage Send The Wanderer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Speaking of the excerpt....

In the dwarven gods section the state that the allies of the Chaotic Neutral god Hanseath are Green Slaad and Death Slaad...

Does this really go with a dwarven deity or is this some type of misprint? Slaadi are not the most pleaseant of creatures.

The Wanderer
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 16 Aug 2004 :  13:53:54  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Some Wallpapers are now up.
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 16 Aug 2004 :  17:35:38  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
For those who said they were not going to by this book, well there is some nice stuff in it that can be used even in FR, even if it isn't FR specific.

Off the top of my head, since I haven't really read through all of it yet, since I only glanced at it yesterday before my game.

Naming charts for gnomes, dwarves, and that other race. (Yes if you have Dwarves Deep it also has name charts for well Dwarves, but that's a old sourcebook. :))
100 plot hooks.
The last two chapters of the book also have some good info on magic and equipment and some fluff on adventuring, etc......

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 18 Aug 2004 :  16:27:08  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Anubis
Does this really go with a dwarven deity or is this some type of misprint? Slaadi are not the most pleaseant of creatures.

They're also regularly not what most people expect. Remember, the slaadi embody the purest notion of chaos... it's not entirely outside the realm of possibility for them to choose to worship an unlikely deity... and this is only respective of the slaadi types that we know exist.

Slaadi are fickle in their moral outlook -- if it would serve their ultimate aims, the slaadi would just as likely worship the Spawning Stone as a deity-like figure (in fact, some do). The overall aspect to remember here, is that when it comes to the slaadi... everything is possible.

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000