Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Be afraid, BE VERY AFRAID
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Lysander
Learned Scribe

USA
183 Posts

Posted - 25 Jun 2004 :  18:34:48  Show Profile  Visit Lysander's Homepage Send Lysander a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SiriusBlack

Yeah, but it would take the sexual tension between Catti and Drizzt to a whole new level.

Aye, that it would! And yes, I had to reread what you wrote to make sure that the words I read were the words you wrote And no, no guesses as to "cut dialog" for that, neither

Lysander
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 25 Jun 2004 :  18:37:40  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lysander
And no, no guesses as to "cut dialog" for that, neither

Lysander

What cut dialogue? <innocent whistling>
Go to Top of Page

Lysander
Learned Scribe

USA
183 Posts

Posted - 25 Jun 2004 :  18:49:16  Show Profile  Visit Lysander's Homepage Send Lysander a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Lysander
And no, no guesses as to "cut dialog" for that, neither

Lysander

What cut dialogue? <innocent whistling>

I'm not gonna fall into that hole!

Lysander
Go to Top of Page

Lady Kazandra
Senior Scribe

Australia
921 Posts

Posted - 26 Jun 2004 :  02:54:28  Show Profile  Visit Lady Kazandra's Homepage Send Lady Kazandra a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Gion

quote:
Originally posted by Lady Kazandra

I knew I shouldn't have opened this scroll... But, as is always the case, curiosity got the best of me...

What do you mean?

What I mean is, the news about Paris Hilton participating in this D&D project. From a female's perspective, she's not exactly the perfect "model" for everything that is good and wholesome about "womankind" . . .

"Once upon a time the plural of 'wizard' was 'war'." -- The Last Continent, by Terry Pratchett
Go to Top of Page

RogueAssassin
Learned Scribe

USA
207 Posts

Posted - 26 Jun 2004 :  06:22:27  Show Profile  Visit RogueAssassin's Homepage Send RogueAssassin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
How so? Just Kidding. I do hope that if they make another Dungeons&Dragons movie they dont make another S-Bomb like that first one.

-The Rogue

"Spirit. Its a Heros strength, a mothers resiliance, and the poor mans armor. It cannot be broken and it cannot be taken away. This i must belive"---Drizzt Do'Urden
Go to Top of Page

Thelonius
Senior Scribe

Spain
730 Posts

Posted - 28 Jun 2004 :  08:23:46  Show Profile Send Thelonius a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

I knew I shouldn't have opened this scroll... But, as is always the case, curiosity got the best of me...

What do you mean?

What I mean is, the news about Paris Hilton participating in this D&D project. From a female's perspective, she's not exactly the perfect "model" for everything that is good and wholesome about "womankind" . . .

I don't know who she is but her name looks familiar to me.... but i think she's not very well seen around here

"If you are to truly understand, then you will need the contrast, not adherence to a single ideal." - Kreia
"I THINK I JUST HAD ANOTHER NEAR-RINCEWIND EXPERIENCE"- Discworld's Death frustrated after Rincewind scapes his grasp... again.
"I am death, come for thee" - Nimbul, from Baldur's Gate I just before being badly spanked
Sapientia sola libertas est
Go to Top of Page

Sarta
Senior Scribe

USA
505 Posts

Posted - 28 Jun 2004 :  09:26:01  Show Profile Send Sarta a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I don't know who she is but her name looks familiar to me.... but i think she's not very well seen around here

She shouldn't be known anywhere (aside from her last name). She's the heiress to the Hilton Hotel fortune. She has done some modeling and made a name for herself by being a Hollywood socialite. Over time she has become famous (many would argue infamous). She eventually did a reality show where she and the daughter of Lionel Ritchie (multi-millionaire singer) were forced to live in rural America on a farm. A tape of her having sex with an ex-boyfriend made its rounds on the interenet about a year ago (which really can't be blamed on her aside from allowing it to be made in the first place).

Essentially, she is an incredibly rich, not very bright girl, who has worked as a model, bad actress, and the "star" of an inane reality show. In other words, she's perfect for an even worse sequel to a very bad movie based loosely on Dungeons and Dragons.

I feel better already.

Sarta

Edited by - Sarta on 28 Jun 2004 09:28:11
Go to Top of Page

Lady Kazandra
Senior Scribe

Australia
921 Posts

Posted - 28 Jun 2004 :  09:35:50  Show Profile  Visit Lady Kazandra's Homepage Send Lady Kazandra a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Heh, after reading Sarta's post, this whole idea doesn't sound so bad now . . .

"Once upon a time the plural of 'wizard' was 'war'." -- The Last Continent, by Terry Pratchett
Go to Top of Page

Brother Ezra
Learned Scribe

USA
268 Posts

Posted - 28 Jun 2004 :  13:52:08  Show Profile  Visit Brother Ezra's Homepage Send Brother Ezra a Private Message  Reply with Quote
"Actually, I think the casting of Paris Hilton is a marvelous idea, and I fully encourage all members of our faith to attend. I believe that her acting encompasses the true core values of our faith."

-Father Pallar the Submissive, priest of Ilmater, god of suffering and endurance.

"Suffering is the touchstone of all spiritual growth."
-St. Sollars the Twice-Martyred
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 28 Jun 2004 :  14:59:44  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Think of the awesome product placement Opertunities you could put in the D&D movies.....

Mordenkainen's Magnificent Hilton Hotel Spell....or the Paris Hilton Lubrication spell...... (ok I couldnt resist that one)

“I am the King of Rome, and above grammar”

Emperor Sigismund

"Its good to be the King!"

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 28 Jun 2004 :  15:44:39  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dargoth

Think of the awesome product placement Opertunities you could put in the D&D movies.....

Mordenkainen's Magnificent Hilton Hotel Spell....or the Paris Hilton Lubrication spell...... (ok I couldnt resist that one)

I can't wait to see what PrC they tie in to the character Paris plays if she gets the part.
Go to Top of Page

Lysander
Learned Scribe

USA
183 Posts

Posted - 28 Jun 2004 :  15:57:54  Show Profile  Visit Lysander's Homepage Send Lysander a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Brother Ezra

"Actually, I think the casting of Paris Hilton is a marvelous idea, and I fully encourage all members of our faith to attend. I believe that her acting encompasses the true core values of our faith."

-Father Pallar the Submissive, priest of Ilmater, god of suffering and endurance.

Bravo!

quote:

quote:

I can't wait to see what PrC they tie in to the character Paris plays if she gets the part.

Whatever it is, it'll be shrinkwrapped and on the high shelf!

Lysander
Go to Top of Page

Lady Kazandra
Senior Scribe

Australia
921 Posts

Posted - 29 Jun 2004 :  04:15:13  Show Profile  Visit Lady Kazandra's Homepage Send Lady Kazandra a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

....or the Paris Hilton Lubrication spell...... (ok I couldnt resist that one)

That's okay. But from what I've been reading of late regarding the heiress, you're closer to the truth than you actually realise...

In any event, I really think we should be getting back to suitable (and worthwhile) Realmslore discussion...

Edited by - Lady Kazandra on 29 Jun 2004 04:16:24
Go to Top of Page

Thelonius
Senior Scribe

Spain
730 Posts

Posted - 29 Jun 2004 :  08:15:49  Show Profile Send Thelonius a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Good explanation Sarta, now i understand....

Ah! Nice new avatar Lady Kazandra.

"If you are to truly understand, then you will need the contrast, not adherence to a single ideal." - Kreia
"I THINK I JUST HAD ANOTHER NEAR-RINCEWIND EXPERIENCE"- Discworld's Death frustrated after Rincewind scapes his grasp... again.
"I am death, come for thee" - Nimbul, from Baldur's Gate I just before being badly spanked
Sapientia sola libertas est
Go to Top of Page

Lady Kazandra
Senior Scribe

Australia
921 Posts

Posted - 29 Jun 2004 :  09:49:35  Show Profile  Visit Lady Kazandra's Homepage Send Lady Kazandra a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks Gion.

Alaundo was right when he said I should like in the mirror . . .

Go to Top of Page

Purple Dragon Knight
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1796 Posts

Posted - 29 Jun 2004 :  18:59:09  Show Profile Send Purple Dragon Knight a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sarta's post makes me feel better too... if they're going to repeat such a bad mistake, better drag P Hilton down with them than other good actors such as poor Mr. Jeremy Irons...

On another level, I am saddened that even rumors are circulating of such another crappy D&D movie. To the risk of sounding like a broken record, when are we going to get a RAS written Drizzt movie? RAS' connections with George Lucas could prove very useful here, don't you all think?
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 29 Jun 2004 :  19:19:22  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Purple Dragon Knight
To the risk of sounding like a broken record, when are we going to get a RAS written Drizzt movie? RAS' connections with George Lucas could prove very useful here, don't you all think?

Yes, every time I look at Jar Jar Binks I think what a fine Drizzt he would make.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 29 Jun 2004 :  20:16:31  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Purple Dragon Knight

Sarta's post makes me feel better too... if they're going to repeat such a bad mistake, better drag P Hilton down with them than other good actors such as poor Mr. Jeremy Irons...

On another level, I am saddened that even rumors are circulating of such another crappy D&D movie. To the risk of sounding like a broken record, when are we going to get a RAS written Drizzt movie? RAS' connections with George Lucas could prove very useful here, don't you all think?

Oh no, not someone else who wants a Drizzt movie... I'll stop right there and say no more, because I promised myself that the third debate about that on the WotC forums was the last I'd do.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000