Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Request for info on differnt realms locations
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Koofoo95
Acolyte

1 Posts

Posted - 11 Jun 2004 :  08:31:29  Show Profile  Visit Koofoo95's Homepage Send Koofoo95 a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hi all, i really need info on some differnt locations for a story i am writing, plz send all the info you know on Thay, Sembia, The Moonshae Isles, Silvermoon, Calimport, The High Forest, and any info anyone has on the Time of Troubles. Please post it and or any links you may have on this fourm. And thank you to anyone who helps me out.

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 11 Jun 2004 :  08:48:41  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Do you realize that you're asking for perhaps hundreds of megs of material?

Not only that, but I'm fairly certain that freely sharing the volumes of information on those topics would constitute a copyright infringement, and that's something we don't want.

Almost all of the areas you're interested in have been extensively covered in existing sourcebooks, and/or boxed sets.

Sembia has been left alone, other than some novels.

Thay: the novel Red Magic, the sourcebook Dreams of the Red Wizards, and the Spellbound boxed set.

The Moonshaes: the two Moonshae trilogies by Douglas Niles, and the sourcebook Moonshae.

Silverymoon: The North boxed set, the sourcebooks Volo's Guide to the North, and Waterdeep and the North, and the new Silver Marches sourcebook.

Calimport: the sourcebook by the same name is prolly the best resource.

The High Forest: I'm drawing a blank, here, and I need to get to bed an hour ago, so I'm afraid I can't help with this one.

The Time of Troubles: ooh, that's a big one. I'd recommend the Avatar novels for that one.

Some of the above resources are available as downloads. Some are free on the Wizards homepage, while others that you have to pay $5 each for are listed on some other site that someone else will surely provide a link to. RPGNow.com, I think it's called.

Print copies of these sources are available thru a variety of places, as well. I know not the best websites to find this stuff, other than eBay.

The Silver Marches sourcebook was fairly recent, so you should be able to find that in a book store.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 11 Jun 2004 :  08:50:18  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh, and welcome to Candlekeep!

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Sarta
Senior Scribe

USA
505 Posts

Posted - 11 Jun 2004 :  12:10:39  Show Profile Send Sarta a Private Message  Reply with Quote
In addition to those:

A few of Sembia's major cities are covered in Forgotten Realms Adventures

Thay is covered The Unaproachable East and historically in Old Empires.

Calimport can also be found out about in Empires of the Sands.

High Forest can be found out about in the same volumes that Wooly listed for Silverymoon.

For the Time of Troubles, best bet is the novels and then check out Forgotten Realms Adventures, Faiths and Avatars, Powers and Pantheons to see how things shook down.

... and this isn't even counting all the information floating around in Dragon Magazine articles, web features, or documented conversations with Ed Greenwood and other realms authors.

Your best bet honestly is to purchase the Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting which does provide information on all of the regions that you are interested in, just not as much as there currently is floating around.

Sarta

Edited by - Sarta on 11 Jun 2004 12:11:10
Go to Top of Page

Mystery_Man
Senior Scribe

USA
455 Posts

Posted - 11 Jun 2004 :  13:22:52  Show Profile  Visit Mystery_Man's Homepage Send Mystery_Man a Private Message  Reply with Quote
http://toril.info/
Go to Top of Page

Sarelle
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
508 Posts

Posted - 11 Jun 2004 :  14:24:11  Show Profile Send Sarelle a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And Races of Faerūn is a good source for compiled histories, though you've picked a few that are not so heavily covered.

Chair of the The Rightful Return of Monster Deities to FR Society (RRMDFRS)

My character, drawn by Liodain: Sarelle / Sarelle (smaller)
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 11 Jun 2004 :  14:27:22  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert
Some of the above resources are available as downloads. Some are free on the Wizards homepage, while others that you have to pay $5 each for are listed on some other site that someone else will surely provide a link to. RPGNow.com, I think it's called.

The Wizards page with the free downloads can be found here. Additionally, RGP Now that WR mentioned can be located via this link. For that site, simply choose WOTC from the list of manufacturers or type in the search term for the item you wish to view for a possible purchase.
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 11 Jun 2004 :  14:29:28  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

Oh, and welcome to Candlekeep!

Yes, welcome Koofoo95. I hope the information the various scribes posted does help even if it wasn't presented in the exact format you requested. If you stay at Candlekeep you'll find most scribes here are very friendly and helpful when you desire some information. I'm not one of them, but I did say most.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000