Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Kelemvore Lyonsbane
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

jinat
Acolyte

35 Posts

Posted - 07 Jun 2004 :  13:09:29  Show Profile  Visit jinat's Homepage Send jinat a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
1. Kelemvore would be which ethnic group?

2. Lyonsbane Keep is located where?

3. In the Avatar Modules his patron deity is Torm, however in Hall of Heroes he has non. Which takes precedence ?

4. Are the stats in Halls of heroes with higher physical stats and lower Int, Wis and Cha his panther form stats since the ones in the Avatar Modules are quite different?

Sarelle
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
508 Posts

Posted - 07 Jun 2004 :  19:49:11  Show Profile Send Sarelle a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Havn't read Avatar books or mods, but can answer one question:

3) Kelemvor was never very religious, and barely paid lip-service to Torm. But now and then he did. Whether his amount of lip-service was credible enough to make Torm his default patron deity, or whether he was just faithless enough to be Faithless is up to you I suppose. There hasn't, to my knowledge, been any mention of him being sucked into the Wall after his death. It doesn't really matter now that he is a god, who decides whether others are Faithless or not.

Chair of the The Rightful Return of Monster Deities to FR Society (RRMDFRS)

My character, drawn by Liodain: Sarelle / Sarelle (smaller)
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 07 Jun 2004 :  22:40:45  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sarelle

There hasn't, to my knowledge, been any mention of him being sucked into the Wall after his death.

That's because he wasn't in the Wall. If you read the Avatar books, and the two books that follow, you find out where he was between the time of his death and the time of his ascension.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Purple Dragon Knight
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1796 Posts

Posted - 08 Jun 2004 :  00:29:59  Show Profile Send Purple Dragon Knight a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jinat

1. Kelemvore would be which ethnic group?

---> Chondathan

2. Lyonsbane Keep is located where?

---> Don't remember... Sembia or Cormyr maybe, but don't quote me on that...

3. In the Avatar Modules his patron deity is Torm, however in Hall of Heroes he has non. Which takes precedence ?

---> Non, as he is a god himself now... but if you play a campaign before 1358DR, go for Torm... the guy had no time for proper worship, as he was afflicted by lycanthropy...

4. Are the stats in Halls of heroes with higher physical stats and lower Int, Wis and Cha his panther form stats since the ones in the Avatar Modules are quite different?

---> No clue, but I'd revise them to 3.5 if I were you, using a 32-pt buy system. Give him the stats of a beefy fighter, not too strong, not too dextrous, with above-average wisdom and charisma, and average intelligence... that's the gyst of him.

Go to Top of Page

Sarelle
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
508 Posts

Posted - 08 Jun 2004 :  19:34:52  Show Profile Send Sarelle a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:
Originally posted by Sarelle

There hasn't, to my knowledge, been any mention of him being sucked into the Wall after his death.

That's because he wasn't in the Wall. If you read the Avatar books, and the two books that follow, you find out where he was between the time of his death and the time of his ascension.

I really should read them before I start answering questions about them!

Chair of the The Rightful Return of Monster Deities to FR Society (RRMDFRS)

My character, drawn by Liodain: Sarelle / Sarelle (smaller)
Go to Top of Page

jinat
Acolyte

35 Posts

Posted - 11 Jun 2004 :  09:12:32  Show Profile  Visit jinat's Homepage Send jinat a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What should be his FR region?
Go to Top of Page

Sarta
Senior Scribe

USA
505 Posts

Posted - 11 Jun 2004 :  12:14:02  Show Profile Send Sarta a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Before ascension he wasn't too religious, but probably prayed enough to Torm to be considered a follower. Which is probably why in some books he is listed as following no religion and in others as a Tormite.

After ascension he probably stopped praying to Torm.

Sarta
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 11 Jun 2004 :  14:38:51  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

As for where he grew up, no clue. I know Hall of Heroes lists Lyonsbane Keep as his home. However, I don't recall that tome, or any to my memory, giving the area the Keep could be found in. Perhaps the FR Atlas. I'll have to check when I can.

Go to Top of Page

Sarta
Senior Scribe

USA
505 Posts

Posted - 11 Jun 2004 :  17:05:18  Show Profile Send Sarta a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Geeze, my eyesight must be going along with my mind. I read that as what religion. My bad. I have no clue what region he'd be from. You may want to ask Ed where Lyonsbane Keep is located over in the novel section.

Sarta
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 11 Jun 2004 :  17:11:44  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I just checked the FR Atlas and Lyonsbane Keep is not listed in the index. Anyone have any ideas on other references to check?
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 11 Jun 2004 :  18:15:39  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SiriusBlack

I just checked the FR Atlas and Lyonsbane Keep is not listed in the index. Anyone have any ideas on other references to check?

I just checked the Interactive Atlas, and it gave no hits on searching for "Lyonsbane". And I, too, didn't see it in the print Atlas.

Is it in any of the Avatar modules? I've only got the Waterdeep one.

Go to Top of Page

jinat
Acolyte

35 Posts

Posted - 14 Jun 2004 :  20:55:56  Show Profile  Visit jinat's Homepage Send jinat a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Basicaly the two places that i've looked into is Hall of Heroes & the Avatar Modules, and it doesent say.
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 14 Jun 2004 :  21:17:58  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Basicaly the two places that i've looked into is Hall of Heroes & the Avatar Modules, and it doesent say.

The mystery deepens. Thanks for letting us know it's not in those tomes. Did he just make the place disappear once he was a God?
Go to Top of Page

OrnluTheWolf
Acolyte

USA
40 Posts

Posted - 14 Jun 2004 :  22:58:48  Show Profile  Visit OrnluTheWolf's Homepage Send OrnluTheWolf a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm currently reading the first Avatar book (Shadowdale), and it never mentions the location of Lyonsbane Keep. However, it does say that Kelemvor murdered his father, so I would assume he left in a BIG hurry afterword, so the location is irreliant or just unimportant.

Several times in Shadowdale, each character's patrons are discussed, but never once is the name Torm even mentioned. As such, I would say that he doesn't even pay enough "lip service" to qualify as faithful.

I have also read Prince of Lies, where he achieves Goddom/Deity-hood, and he was dead. But his soul was held captive by Mask to anger Cyric, which accounts for him not ending up in the Wall of the faithless.
Go to Top of Page

Lauzoril
Seeker

Finland
71 Posts

Posted - 17 Jun 2004 :  17:47:10  Show Profile  Visit Lauzoril's Homepage Send Lauzoril a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I recall reading from somewhere that the Torm being Kel's deity was in a sourcebook concerning the Time of Troubles. That fact apparently wasn't used in the novels, not that it mattered.

"Death to the enemies of Bane."
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 17 Jun 2004 :  18:18:57  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lauzoril

I recall reading from somewhere that the Torm being Kel's deity was in a sourcebook concerning the Time of Troubles. That fact apparently wasn't used in the novels, not that it mattered.

Do you mean the adventure modules that were based on the novels?
Go to Top of Page

Lauzoril
Seeker

Finland
71 Posts

Posted - 18 Jun 2004 :  19:48:10  Show Profile  Visit Lauzoril's Homepage Send Lauzoril a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes, I meant the modules.

"Death to the enemies of Bane."
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 18 Jun 2004 :  20:18:01  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lauzoril

Yes, I meant the modules.

Good eye. I just took a look at the PDF for the Shadowdale module. On page 39, it has the following for Kelemvor

quote:

Worships: Torm, Lord of Loyalty

Go to Top of Page

Darth KTrava
Learned Scribe

USA
172 Posts

Posted - 21 Jun 2004 :  01:06:10  Show Profile  Visit Darth KTrava's Homepage Send Darth KTrava a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Which works as I, personally, have seen Kelemvor being loyal throughout the whole series. Even when he was "betraying" the rest of his friends, he still thought of their best interests.

Evil will be dealt with swiftly as it is my duty to remove such evil from my presence.
-Rozhena, Cleric/Divine Champion of Torm
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 21 Jun 2004 :  02:30:38  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Darth KTrava

Which works as I, personally, have seen Kelemvor being loyal throughout the whole series. Even when he was "betraying" the rest of his friends, he still thought of their best interests.

Cool. It's been too long since I read the ToT series to recall much about Kelemvor before he became a God.
Go to Top of Page

Thelonius
Senior Scribe

Spain
730 Posts

Posted - 25 Jun 2004 :  10:58:15  Show Profile Send Thelonius a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:

I just checked the Interactive Atlas, and it gave no hits on searching for "Lyonsbane". And I, too, didn't see it in the print Atlas.

Is it in any of the Avatar modules? I've only got the Waterdeep one.

Wooly i've just foinished reading the Avatar's Trilogy and i can sure that in any of them Kelemvor's Keep is mentioned.

"If you are to truly understand, then you will need the contrast, not adherence to a single ideal." - Kreia
"I THINK I JUST HAD ANOTHER NEAR-RINCEWIND EXPERIENCE"- Discworld's Death frustrated after Rincewind scapes his grasp... again.
"I am death, come for thee" - Nimbul, from Baldur's Gate I just before being badly spanked
Sapientia sola libertas est
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 25 Jun 2004 :  15:20:14  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Gion
Wooly i've just foinished reading the Avatar's Trilogy and i can sure that in any of them Kelemvor's Keep is mentioned.

No mention of the Keep at all? Thanks for sharing this information.
Go to Top of Page

Thelonius
Senior Scribe

Spain
730 Posts

Posted - 25 Jun 2004 :  17:34:36  Show Profile Send Thelonius a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Okay, now we are talking about Kelemvor Lyonsbane, i want to ask something, I've heard that later he becomes a god, but, god of what?

"If you are to truly understand, then you will need the contrast, not adherence to a single ideal." - Kreia
"I THINK I JUST HAD ANOTHER NEAR-RINCEWIND EXPERIENCE"- Discworld's Death frustrated after Rincewind scapes his grasp... again.
"I am death, come for thee" - Nimbul, from Baldur's Gate I just before being badly spanked
Sapientia sola libertas est
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 25 Jun 2004 :  17:38:59  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Gion

Okay, now we are talking about Kelemvor Lyonsbane, i want to ask something, I've heard that later he becomes a god, but, god of what?

His portfolio is Death, & the dead.
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 25 Jun 2004 :  17:42:39  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sirius beat me to it. :) Ignore me.

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium

Edited by - Kuje on 25 Jun 2004 17:44:01
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 25 Jun 2004 :  17:44:23  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kuje31
The dead and death

Now who is ignoring posts. Sigh, and here I thought everyone loved me.
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 25 Jun 2004 :  17:45:57  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Sirius beat me to it. :) Ignore me.

LOL! Here's a question for you since I figure Gion might ask. The events that culminate in Kel becoming a god....which novel do they take place in? Prince of Lies?
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 25 Jun 2004 :  18:08:04  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
LOL! Here's a question for you since I figure Gion might ask. The events that culminate in Kel becoming a god....which novel do they take place in? Prince of Lies?

Yea believe it was that novel.

And as you see I edited my other post. :)

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 25 Jun 2004 :  18:21:45  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
The dead and death

Now who is ignoring posts. Sigh, and here I thought everyone loved me.

You just keep thinking that, SB.

Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 25 Jun 2004 :  18:27:13  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Yea believe it was that novel.

Thanks. James Lowder is the author of that, correct?

quote:

And as you see I edited my other post. :)

What post?

And yes, WR, just let me keep believing things in my happy state of Outofitsville.
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 25 Jun 2004 :  18:35:56  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Thanks. James Lowder is the author of that, correct?

Correct.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000