Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Annihilation (WOTSQ Book 5) Spoilers
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 03 Jul 2004 :  16:34:55  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Gotrex

Yeh i never thought it would happen because as i said WOTC like menzo

doesnt stop me wanting it to happen :)

I understand Gortex. I understand. Moreover, I recall you on the WOTC boards expressing similar feelings.

Am I the only one in reading this novel's prologue and seeing a parallel to an emerging party member? I have a feeling I know who will be the new face/aspect of the Spider Queen.
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 04 Jul 2004 :  18:50:38  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Okies,

I got about 2 chapters left but I feel I can comment now.

Did any one else feel that this book just didn't make any sense? She left the Abyss centuries ago, yet the group traveled to her realm in 1372/1373 and the temple was closed. Talk about confusing the reader to all Nine Hells and back.

Also it seemed as if this novel dragged on.... I have to agree with Sirius, this novel just doesn't seem to fit in with the series at all... Also what happened to Ryld's werecreature abilities, that fight scene was a little unreasonable if he was a werecreature... But then again all the characters just seem off. Jeg not obeying his aunt, um okay WTF......

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium

Edited by - Kuje on 04 Jul 2004 21:49:54
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 05 Jul 2004 :  01:32:27  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kuje31

Okies,

Did any one else feel that this book just didn't make any sense?

Two other questions that perhaps someone can help explain to me regarding this novel.

Aliiza on the ship/boat (whatever) asks Phaeraun at one moment, "Who is that?" after Danifae has briefly talked to him. (I think it's page 212, but don't quote me on that).

Excuse me? Who is that? After the big incident in Insurrection when she last left Phaeraun, how could she forget what Danifae looked like?

Second, is it just me or was anyone else expecting, after the conclusion of Extinction for Nimor to spend at least some period of time in the Plane of Shadows?
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 05 Jul 2004 :  01:53:27  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SiriusBlack
Two other questions that perhaps someone can help explain to me regarding this novel.

Aliiza on the ship/boat (whatever) asks Phaeraun at one moment, "Who is that?" after Danifae has briefly talked to him. (I think it's page 212, but don't quote me on that).

Excuse me? Who is that? After the big incident in Insurrection when she last left Phaeraun, how could she forget what Danifae looked like?

Second, is it just me or was anyone else expecting, after the conclusion of Extinction for Nimor to spend at least some period of time in the Plane of Shadows?

I didn't catch those two things, hmm but now that you mention them, they make even less sense as well.

I have to say, the 5th novel was the wrost one of the 5 so far.... It just left me going HUH? WTF over and over again....

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Edited by - Kuje on 05 Jul 2004 04:37:48
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 05 Jul 2004 :  04:02:01  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
I didn't catch those two things, hmm but now that you mention them, they make even less sense as well.

They leaped out at me and I was hoping that with Nimor, I just missed something.
Go to Top of Page

Freakboy
Seeker

USA
63 Posts

Posted - 06 Jul 2004 :  20:26:45  Show Profile  Visit Freakboy's Homepage Send Freakboy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have about 60 or so pages left and I can't find anything that explains how Nimor got out of the plane of shadows at all. I went back and double checked under any mention of him I could find, and there was nothing.

On the issue of Jeggred disobeying Quenthel and deciding to follow Danifae, I think that is to show either that Quenthel is growing weak and thus Jeggred refuses to follow her, or that Danifae may be more than she appears and that is why he is following her. Either way it doesn't make a lot of sense in the context of Jeggred's slavish devotion to Quenthel up til now.

I was disappointed in Ryld's death insomuch as it seems it was done more to move the plot along from Halisstra's side of things than for any real reason of its own. Now Halisstra is free to just go ahead and kill Lolth I guess...

On the issue of the cosmology flub up, I suspect that the cosmology continuity issues vary so much from author to author that there is little hope of enforcing canon. The cosmology seems to change from author to author and Wizards seems to care little for enforcing that paticular aspect of their dogma.

Overall, I like this book better than Extinction, but both (Extinction and Annihilation) have been my least favorite of the 5 books so far. Here's hoping that Paul Kemp puts together an awesome finish so that we can walk away feeling good about the ending. That would make up for the somewhat lower quality in my mind of the last two books.

Let me finish by saying that this is still the best fantasy fiction series I have ever read and I think a good percentage of my disappointment in the last two books has been a result of my own impossibly high expectations for the series. The books are all still very good, but I would have to score them like this.

Dissolution 10/10
Insurrection 10/10
Condemnation 10/10
Extinction 7/10
Annihilation 8/10 (so far, still have to finish last 60 pages, might change score if I am really impressed with the last 60 pages or so)

I still highly recommend the books to everyone, and I want to emphasize that your personal experience with the last two books could be much more positive than my own.

Edited by - Freakboy on 06 Jul 2004 20:33:10
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 06 Jul 2004 :  20:59:17  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Freakboy

I have about 60 or so pages left and I can't find anything that explains how Nimor got out of the plane of shadows at all. I went back and double checked under any mention of him I could find, and there was nothing.

Thanks Freakboy for mentioning your lack of finding anything explaining this plot element.

quote:

On the issue of Jeggred disobeying Quenthel and deciding to follow Danifae, I think that is to show either that Quenthel is growing weak and thus Jeggred refuses to follow her, or that Danifae may be more than she appears and that is why he is following her. Either way it doesn't make a lot of sense in the context of Jeggred's slavish devotion to Quenthel up til now.

Doesn't Danifae remind you as a reader of the opening pages describing the various spiders?

quote:

I was disappointed in Ryld's death insomuch as it seems it was done more to move the plot along from Halisstra's side of things than for any real reason of its own. Now Halisstra is free to just go ahead and kill Lolth I guess...

I just don't see that happening. There is now way WOTC will let Menzo, Lolth, or certain characters who were part of the FR world prior to this series, be killed.

quote:

On the issue of the cosmology flub up, I suspect that the cosmology continuity issues vary so much from author to author that there is little hope of enforcing canon. The cosmology seems to change from author to author and Wizards seems to care little for enforcing that paticular aspect of their dogma.

Well, if there are major changes to the drow and/or cosmology, it would allow WOTC to publish a new gaming product wouldn't it?

quote:

Let me finish by saying that this is still the best fantasy fiction series I have ever read

Best fantasy series or best FR fantasy series? If the latter, I can see the argument. If you mean the former, this series is good, but does not reach the level of some other excellent series within the large fantasy world.
Go to Top of Page

Freakboy
Seeker

USA
63 Posts

Posted - 07 Jul 2004 :  02:48:00  Show Profile  Visit Freakboy's Homepage Send Freakboy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sorry, I should clarify, I did mean best FR Fantasy Fiction I have read. It would still rate high in the other category as well, but not at the top.

Danifae, does remind me of the spiders in the opening. I try not to read too much into that though, because its a little difficult to tell at this point if Salvatore is being literal or if the spiders are a metaphor for the Drow race. Maybe he wrote it that way on purpose *shrugs*

One theory I have is that the prologs are a metaphor for the Drow race in that Lolth has had her chosen "children" weading each other out for millenia in order to find her new chosen vessel "the strongest and most clever spider". Taken in that context, it would appear that Quenthel and Danifae are the last two spiders waiting to eliminate each other to become "top of the food chain". That would also provide some explanation for the bit at the end where Quenthel is told she was Lolths "chosen" whatever that might mean. Perhaps another metaphor.

One thing I know for sure is that there are still many questions to be answered and the last book is almost a year away Anyway, good talking with you about it. Here's hoping that Resurrection gets released a month or two early.
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 07 Jul 2004 :  04:16:41  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
One thing I know for sure is that there are still many questions to be answered and the last book is almost a year away Anyway, good talking with you about it. Here's hoping that Resurrection gets released a month or two early.

Go to Paul Kemp's thread and demand that right away!
Go to Top of Page

Twilight Herald
Acolyte

Australia
14 Posts

Posted - 07 Jul 2004 :  17:29:52  Show Profile  Visit Twilight Herald's Homepage Send Twilight Herald a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Since it doesn't look like either Extinction or Annihilation will make an appearance in Australian bookstores anytime soon ( at least not up here in Brisbane ), but I still need to work this material into my FR Underdark campaign, would some kind soul on these boards be able to give me a quick summary of these 2 latest WOTSQ novels ( storyline / character development / major events, etc )?
Go to Top of Page

Freakboy
Seeker

USA
63 Posts

Posted - 07 Jul 2004 :  19:03:41  Show Profile  Visit Freakboy's Homepage Send Freakboy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
@Twighlight Herald

I can do that for you, but I am at work right now and can't take the time necessary to go through it all. If someone else doesn't get to it before I do, I will try to work something up in the next couple of days. Additionally, you might try to find an online review of the two books as an additional source of information.
Go to Top of Page

Phantom_Lord
Seeker

Pakistan
92 Posts

Posted - 09 Jul 2004 :  15:31:22  Show Profile  Visit Phantom_Lord's Homepage Send Phantom_Lord a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ignorance Personified

quote:
Come back after you finish and share your full thoughts on the tome. I'm curious to discuss this book, it's bringing forth a wide range of emotions from me.

SPOILERS

Action packed to say the least. I thought that Valas and Danifae's trip into the City of Portals was an interesting diversion from the other "pivotal" events of the tome. Jeggred's killing of Ryld, who I thought was the most interesting character and thus my favorite, was not really a suprise (Ryld's tomented existence and the interior book jacket hinted at it) and not unwanted by Ryld as he had nothing to live for besides love(a drow living for that would be prepostorous). Gromph vs Dyrr will indeed go down in drow wizadry history as it has banishment to Halfling Heaven, destroying a staff of power, asteriods,summoning, a lich drow turning into a construct, Gromph being petrefied, and the return of a goddess---even the Elminster series will have trouble outdoing that. I personally think that this was the most interesting part of the book. The format allows the fight to always be in the readers mind but never lingers to long for the reader to become bored with it. A side note, I have lost interest with Hallistra now that Ryld is gone, though things should pick up when she goes hunting with the Cresent Blade.

Side Note:
This novel helped shine the light, in my mind, on why the male drow follow Lloth. I had previously always believed fear alone would not lead to the devotion shown by Gromph and many of the other male citizens. Though the drow would not admit it openly, though Pharaun admitted it to himself, they are driven by the masses of others who follow and therefore see no alternative outside of service to Lloth and The City of Spiders-->they will never feel at "home" outside of Menzo. Hence, Ryld dies and waits for the Spider Queen to call him to eternity because everyone else waits with him.

I would be grateful to any kind folk here on the boards to point me to a write-up of the events that have transpired as such. Anyone, please?

This is so exciting...

Ponka! Kaddu!
Go to Top of Page

Shemmy
Senior Scribe

USA
492 Posts

Posted - 10 Jul 2004 :  06:11:04  Show Profile  Visit Shemmy's Homepage Send Shemmy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

However, I really wish the authors would decide which cosmology they are going to use. Lloth's realm doesn't reside on the 666 layer of the Abyss any more! I noticed this also with Paul's second Cale novel, he makes references to Limbo which doesn't exist either....

Sigh please, please, please, pick a cosmology and stick with it!

And every time a reference to the Great Wheel cosmology is made, an arcanaloth gets their fangs.

Shemeska the Marauder, King of the Crosstrade; voted #1 best Arcanaloth in Sigil two hundred years running by the people who know what's best for them; chant broker; prospective Sigil council member next election; and official travel agent for Chamada Holiday specials LLC.
Go to Top of Page

ericlboyd
Forgotten Realms Designer

USA
2066 Posts

Posted - 10 Jul 2004 :  09:27:28  Show Profile  Visit ericlboyd's Homepage Send ericlboyd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
However, I really wish the authors would decide which cosmology they are going to use. Lloth's realm doesn't reside on the 666 layer of the Abyss any more!

Sigh please, please, please, pick a cosmology and stick with it!

quote:
Originally posted by SiriusBlack
I was curious as to how that change would go over on these boards.

Umm, I think that was the whole point ... to explain the change. Lolth used to reside in the Abyss (2e) and now has her own plane (3e). Just like Elaine Cunningham's "Windwalker" explains why drow magic items don't usually decay on the surface any more, they've explained away a continuity glitch from the persepective of the novels.

At least that's my reading of it.

--Eric

--
http://www.ericlboyd.com/dnd/
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 10 Jul 2004 :  10:48:44  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ericlboyd
Umm, I think that was the whole point ... to explain the change. Lolth used to reside in the Abyss (2e) and now has her own plane (3e). Just like Elaine Cunningham's "Windwalker" explains why drow magic items don't usually decay on the surface any more, they've explained away a continuity glitch from the persepective of the novels.

--Eric

That might be true but I don't buy that, because earlier in that book tehre are passages that mention the Barrans of Doom and Despair, as well as passages of Eilistraee living on Arvandor, etc. So they took 1 layer from 2e and explained away how Lloth changed her plane to the plane of the Abyss, which is cool, but leaving the rest of the planes in the 3e FR material as having already existed.

Edited by - Kuje on 10 Jul 2004 19:07:26
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 10 Jul 2004 :  14:06:35  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ericlboyd
Umm, I think that was the whole point ... to explain the change. Lolth used to reside in the Abyss (2e) and now has her own plane (3e).

--Eric

Umm, yeah, I got that. My comment was in reference to the fact that the moment I read that part of the novel, I thought of what the reaction would be to this plot element from some scribes at Candlekeep.

Sorry if that wasn't clear.

SB
Go to Top of Page

Strahd Von Zarovich
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
135 Posts

Posted - 12 Jul 2004 :  20:28:41  Show Profile  Visit Strahd Von Zarovich's Homepage Send Strahd Von Zarovich a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I do believe that if you really read into those opening chapters you will find that there are roots being planted at the Jeggreds betrayal.

There are a few times while aboard the ship where the Quenthel/Jeggred relationship was starting to get strained. I think that Jeggred feels, too often, that Pharaun gets away with too much and Quenthel lets him.

I think it is in the part where they talk that the demon captain of the boat is probably planning something, that says it best. Pharaun says that basically it is the nature of a demon to do something, and that you can never trust them, and he expects pretty much of the same from Jeggred.

Couldn't have been a more obvious set up, for what is to come later.

Thats just my thoughts anyway

Strahd Von Zarovich

Strahd Von Zarovich

Alaundo and I invite fans of everything D&D to join us!
http://www.worldsofdnd.com

Edited by - Strahd Von Zarovich on 12 Jul 2004 21:32:10
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 12 Jul 2004 :  21:18:55  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Jeggred's shift to Danifae to me is clearly foreshadowed within the novel. I will also say this, Pharaun can think all he wants about friendship making a drow weak.

However, he was fond of Ryld. Thus, if I were Jeggred, I'd be very careful around Pharaun as I think, if the opportunity presents itself, the mage will strike out at the beast.
Go to Top of Page

ericlboyd
Forgotten Realms Designer

USA
2066 Posts

Posted - 12 Jul 2004 :  22:24:24  Show Profile  Visit ericlboyd's Homepage Send ericlboyd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
That might be true but I don't buy that, because earlier in that book tehre are passages that mention the Barrans of Doom and Despair, as well as passages of Eilistraee living on Arvandor, etc. So they took 1 layer from 2e and explained away how Lloth changed her plane to the plane of the Abyss, which is cool, but leaving the rest of the planes in the 3e FR material as having already existed.

I agree, that's exactly what they did.

However, from the point of the novels (specifically drow novels by Salvatore), they've only ever mentioned the Abyss and Lolth's residence therein. So, if you're primarily a dark elf novel reader, you're two pending continuity questions would be "why don't the drow items decay anymore" and "isn't Lolth in the Abyss"?

In other words, from the point of view of the novels, only the Abyss/Demonweb Pits continuity glitch needs to be explained. There may be other ones to explain by other authors, but Salvatore is done.

--Eric

--
http://www.ericlboyd.com/dnd/
Go to Top of Page

ChosenOne
Acolyte

2 Posts

Posted - 13 Jul 2004 :  20:46:23  Show Profile  Visit ChosenOne's Homepage Send ChosenOne a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I enjoyed the book as a whole, bought it last friday and finished reading it yesterday.

There's only a few things I were disappointed with...

The lack of actions taken by Pharaun when Jeggred killed Ryld and also the lack of actions after having to kill the Demon(Belshazu) by himself because of Quenthel.

We'll see in the next novel if anything comes out of it, but this is not the way I pictured Pharaun from the beginning and actually, now that Lolth is back, he had nothing to lose by killing both priestesses and making his way back to Menzo by himself, or with Valas.
Go to Top of Page

ChosenOne
Acolyte

2 Posts

Posted - 13 Jul 2004 :  20:59:12  Show Profile  Visit ChosenOne's Homepage Send ChosenOne a Private Message  Reply with Quote
One more thing...

Why did Danifae let Hallistra go? She should have killed her while she had the chance. I really can't seem to find a good reason as to why she helped Hallistrae... anyone?
Go to Top of Page

Sourcemaster2
Senior Scribe

USA
361 Posts

Posted - 15 Jul 2004 :  08:43:43  Show Profile  Visit Sourcemaster2's Homepage Send Sourcemaster2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That bothered me also. Danifae's motivation's aren't explained very clearly. She despises Hallistra, but doesn't attack her, or even act against her in any real way. Her only payback is arranging Ryld's death, which, while considerable, just isn't enough. Hopefully she'll be developed more in the next book.

But what have all the passing years/Done, but breed new angers, fears?/Show me now an equal worth/To innocence I earned at birth.
Go to Top of Page

ywhtptgtfo
Seeker

89 Posts

Posted - 17 Jul 2004 :  09:54:17  Show Profile  Visit ywhtptgtfo's Homepage Send ywhtptgtfo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Danifae didn't strike out probably because she knew Halisstra could've destroyed her easily. After all, Halisstra had her clerical powers.
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 17 Jul 2004 :  14:50:17  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ywhtptgtfo

Danifae didn't strike out probably because she knew Halisstra could've destroyed her easily. After all, Halisstra had her clerical powers.

She's the spider watching until the right moment to strike.
Go to Top of Page

Llmryn Xorlarrin
Acolyte

2 Posts

Posted - 17 Jul 2004 :  21:26:34  Show Profile  Visit Llmryn Xorlarrin's Homepage Send Llmryn Xorlarrin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm not sure how much I like Danifae, but she is an interesting character.

My favorite is still Pharaun. It's nice to see a male drow with a sharp wit and saracastic tongue. I'm curious what Pharaun will do next, now that Lolth has returned. All that's certain is that he will do what's best for himself.
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 17 Jul 2004 :  23:14:26  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
First off, welcome Llmryn Xorlarrin to the forums. Please feel free to start a thread in the Welcome to the Forums section introducing yourself.

quote:
Originally posted by Llmryn Xorlarrin
My favorite is still Pharaun. It's nice to see a male drow with a sharp wit and saracastic tongue.

And good fashion sense. After all, look how concerned he was in Book IV with the snow getting his clothing wet.

quote:

I'm curious what Pharaun will do next, now that Lolth has returned. All that's certain is that he will do what's best for himself.

Absolutely, he as much said so himself in one of the other previous novels. It should be interesting to see what's in store for him and Quenthel given both of them were noticed by the Spider Queen before this entire series began.

Edited by - SiriusBlack on 17 Jul 2004 23:18:06
Go to Top of Page

Ordin_Solandar
Acolyte

Canada
40 Posts

Posted - 18 Jul 2004 :  02:13:08  Show Profile  Visit Ordin_Solandar's Homepage Send Ordin_Solandar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Why Mr. Athans, why o why did you have to turn Kanyr Vohlk green, give him a long sword, and the physique of an elf! Anyhow I am sorry to say that the time schedule for the later WOTSQ books wasn't really that well thought out. There have been far to many continuity errors regarding how characters act and what they look like over books 4-5. Not to say that they arn't very good reads, Athan's Gromph stuff was pure gold. But I am a little dissapointed.

In book 3 weapons master Andrezel weilds a double bladded sword, in book 4 he gets stuck with a long sword....

Oh well undertaking such a damanding project in such a short time probably left very little room for Ras to edit all the sticky issues.

Anyhow thats my spin on books 4-5.

Its easy not to care what people think, it harder to try!
Go to Top of Page

ywhtptgtfo
Seeker

89 Posts

Posted - 18 Jul 2004 :  04:00:26  Show Profile  Visit ywhtptgtfo's Homepage Send ywhtptgtfo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I actually think Book 5 is much better than Book 3 and 4. If I were to rank the series from best to worst, the order would be: 1, 5, 2, 3, 4 (Extinction is pure boredom because it is an interlude between two major events and that it involves too much with a very boring deity called Eilistraee).

Things I like about Book 5:
1) Triel is becoming yet stronger and independent.
2) Lolth is back (YES!)
3) The surprising findings of Lolth's plans
4) Ryld is gone (He deserves to die for being weak)
5) Alizzsa flirting yet more
6) The encounter and killing of the stupid halfling

Things I dislike about Book 6:
1) Quenthel acts like a fool
2) Danifae is childish
3) The philosophy behind Ryld's death is not very logical (Failure in adopting Hallistra's ways does not necessarily weaken him)
4) Hallistra still has this damn Cresent Blade/Lolth-slaying quest going
5) More boring Eilistraee stuff
6) No Lolthites kicking those juicy Eilistraseean asses

Things I'd like to see in Book 6:
1) Triel slaughters Quenthel when she comes back
2) Lolth starts her evil plans in conquering the surface/underdark
3) Eilistraee's faithfuls are massacured along with that pathetic Hallistra
4) Lolth becomes a Greater Deity
5) Faerun's balance of power weakens even further and drows actually start becoming a threat
Go to Top of Page

AlacLuin
Learned Scribe

131 Posts

Posted - 18 Jul 2004 :  04:19:40  Show Profile  Visit AlacLuin's Homepage Send AlacLuin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Since I'm waiting for the books to come out in paperback, I have no idea why I'm on this thread.

I only read up to book 3, Lolth returns huh?
I cant wait... must.... buy.... hardcovers..... aaaahhhhhh......
Go to Top of Page

Ignorance Personified
Seeker

USA
78 Posts

Posted - 18 Jul 2004 :  22:11:40  Show Profile  Visit Ignorance Personified's Homepage Send Ignorance Personified a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally Posted by: A bunch of random letters
Things I'd like to see in Book 6:
1) Triel slaughters Quenthel when she comes back
2) Lolth starts her evil plans in conquering the surface/underdark
3) Eilistraee's faithfuls are massacured along with that pathetic Hallistra
4) Lolth becomes a Greater Deity
5) Faerun's balance of power weakens even further and drows actually start becoming a threat

I agree with those, especially #3, but I would like to add
6) Jeggred gets killed/destroyed by anyone/anything.

Carthago delenda est.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000