Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Advice for a New Campaign
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

The Arcanamach
Master of Realmslore

1844 Posts

Posted - 22 May 2024 :  02:30:13  Show Profile Send The Arcanamach a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Just throwing this out there: I'm looking for ideas for my new 5e Heroes of the Shining Vale sandbox campaign.

Currently, I intend to start the game with my version of N4 Treasure Hunt with the PCs finding C3 The Lost Island of Castanamir amidst the Korinn Archipelago before eventually returning the daughter of Duke Pwyll to Daggerford where they will settle with Pwyll being a sort of patron for the group.

I'll take ideas for source material but am really looking for adventure ideas in the area. I'm going to be using ELBs Under Illefarn Anew as the main 'backdrop' and things may culminate with Hordes of Dragonspear (though I wouldn't mind taking it beyond that).

The beginning year will be 1344 DR (Year of Moonfall). Ideas for incorporating canon events and official modules are very welcome (I change things as needed anyway). Thanks!

I have a dream that one day, all game worlds will exist as one.

Gelcur
Senior Scribe

507 Posts

Posted - 24 May 2024 :  15:11:59  Show Profile  Visit Gelcur's Homepage Send Gelcur a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sounds like good bones. How far north, south, east of Daggerford are you thinking of going? And how much time do you expect to cover a decade? Two?

The party come to a town befallen by hysteria

Rogue: So what's in the general store?
DM: What are you looking for?
Rogue: Whatevers in the store.
DM: Like what?
Rogue: Everything.
DM: There is a lot of stuff.
Rogue: Is there a cart outside?
DM: (rolls) Yes.
Rogue: We'll take it all, we may need it for the greater good.
Go to Top of Page

Trumm
Acolyte

12 Posts

Posted - 27 May 2024 :  14:54:21  Show Profile Send Trumm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Maybe some of the following adventures from older Dungeon magazines might fit:

"Twisted Night from issue 149 could be converted for the Korinn archipelago.

"Muster at Morach Tor" from issue 144 takes place in Nesme and surroundings, but should fit Daggerford as well.

Our group also had lots of fun with "Into the Nest of Vipers" from issue 75. The well of the local town has been
poisoned by a group of bandits and the party has to search for their lair and find a cure. The adventure itself is rather
old school, but it might make a nice starting point for your own ideas.

Edited by - Trumm on 27 May 2024 14:55:12
Go to Top of Page

Trumm
Acolyte

12 Posts

Posted - 30 May 2024 :  08:01:04  Show Profile Send Trumm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There is also a short reference to the final Retreat of the elves of Ardeep in the year of the Moonfall and the Alliance of Illefarn in a Web Enhancement for City of Splendors.https://www.tsrarchive.com/3f/WATERDEEP2CX.PDF
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000