Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Realms Events
 Anything on Manshoon?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Neo2151
Learned Scribe

USA
113 Posts

Posted - 21 May 2004 :  10:53:29  Show Profile Send Neo2151 a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Though I've only read roughly half the FR novels (give or take 20 or so), I can't seem to find much dealing with Manshoon. Every time I run into him, he's outmatched (against El, or Shandril, etc). Where can I find more on one of my favorite villians, if someone would be so kind as to point me in the right direction.

Also, staying (slightly) along the same lines... has anything covered the return of Bane? Bhaal was covered in the Baldur's Gate line, Myrkul seems content to be a crown, but Bane just kind of up-and return, no story behind it what-so-ever. One day, Xvim is all happy being a god, the next, he's gone and it's Bane again. Can someone shed some light on this for me?

"Come looking for me, and I will blast you to dust, and then lay waste to all your descendants, ancestors, and the realm you came from, every last tree and stone of it. Why? Well, it's what I usually do."

-Baerendra Riverhand on The Story of Spellfire

Sarta
Senior Scribe

USA
505 Posts

Posted - 21 May 2004 :  11:39:56  Show Profile Send Sarta a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You may want to take a look at some of the work Dargoth has done here: http://www.candlekeep.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2165

Sarta
Go to Top of Page

Sarelle
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
508 Posts

Posted - 21 May 2004 :  15:05:25  Show Profile Send Sarelle a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Faraer posted this on the "Questions for Ed Greenwood" thread:

quote:
Roleplaying Notes: A Glimpse of Manshoon
by Ed Greenwood

As of 1367 DR, the First Lord of Zhentil Keep was a Lawful Evil human male 19th level Wizard (2nd Edition AD&D). The head of the Zhentarim and de facto ruler of Zhentil Keep, Manshoon is a cruel, calculating man, capable of any treachery, and coldly confident of his power. His looks and manner reflect this.

Manshoon most often wears stylish, sweeping black calf-length robes with a shoulder yoke, bracer-like cuffed sleeves, and an open V-front, gathered in at the waist with a wide cummerbund belt. The back of his neck is protected by a stiff, raised semi-circular stand-up cowl-collar. The robes have magical powers, including invisibility, levitate, fly, fire shield (the ‘chill’ version of this spell; the robes themselves are automatically unharmed by all heat and flame), and dimension door, and Manshoon also wears magical rings (types unknown, but various witnesses attest that one can fire a profuse number of magic missiles, and the other seems to be a ring of spell storing devoted to healing and anti-poison--including poisonous gases--magics) on his slim fingers. He also bears a rod of rulership at his belt, and often carries a staff of power (thought to have been slightly customized to his spell preferences) as well. His undergarments are of soft black silk (left rough, not shining and noisy), and he favors black bucket-top boots fitted with interior sheaths for several long, needle-slim (and reputedly poisoned) daggers.

Manshoon stands 6' tall, but is fairly slim, looking youthful and vigorous. He wears his glossy black hair slightly shorter than shoulder-length, and is clean-shaven. His eyes are dark and usually gleaming with malicious amusement, and his features fine, sophisticated, and usually expressing slightly amused disdain for the world around.

Since the time of the tale “So High A Price” (published in the Realms of Infamy anthology), which occurred in 1334 DR, Manshoon’s appearance has changed little. He has lost a trifle of his former reckless, arrogant youthful edge, and now possesses more polished smoothness than most men ever acquire.

Typical Manshoon utterances (always in a soft, pleasant, matter-of-fact voice):
· “I can’t be bothered wasting spells on them. Hang them, for the citizens to watch.”
· “These conclusions need bother us?”
· “And the approach you prefer?”
· “How deeply touching. Slay them.”
· “I fear so.”
· “A moment, good sir, of the brief time—by my command—remaining to you.”
· “Shall I decree it, or are you sensitive enough to heed a mere suggestion?”
· “You’ll understand, I trust, that as long as I am Lord here, I can allow no diabolical plans to succeed but my own.”

Hope that helps

Chair of the The Rightful Return of Monster Deities to FR Society (RRMDFRS)

My character, drawn by Liodain: Sarelle / Sarelle (smaller)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000