Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The Candlekeep Web Site
 Site Content
 Forum access error
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Demzer
Senior Scribe

873 Posts

Posted - 16 Mar 2022 :  14:52:09  Show Profile Send Demzer a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hi all,

just wanted to let report that I encountered this error while trying to access the forums a few minutes ago.

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80004005'

The rest of the error text said something about "max number of connections" but I forgot to copy-paste that part too and after waiting a bit the forums loaded just fine.

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 16 Mar 2022 :  15:30:25  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Been getting some "Active Server Pages error 'ASP 0113'" errors, meself.

I've pinged Big Al, so he can look into this.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 16 Mar 2022 :  16:10:04  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met

Indeed, I've also experienced slow responses and error messages. I've raised this with the web host. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Brimstone
Great Reader

USA
3285 Posts

Posted - 16 Mar 2022 :  21:23:24  Show Profile Send Brimstone a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Damn gremlins...

"These things also I have observed: that knowledge of our world is
to be nurtured like a precious flower, for it is the most precious
thing we have. Wherefore guard the word written and heed
words unwritten and set them down ere they fade . . . Learn
then, well, the arts of reading, writing, and listening true, and they
will lead you to the greatest art of all: understanding."
Alaundo of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

TheIriaeban
Master of Realmslore

USA
1289 Posts

Posted - 25 May 2022 :  16:03:36  Show Profile Send TheIriaeban a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have been getting these errors every few days recently. They typically resolve themselves after a few minutes.

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80004005'

[MySQL][ODBC 5.1 Driver]User candlekeep already has more than 'max_user_connections' active connections

/inc_header.asp, line 134

Perhaps you could to pass this along to the web host since we seem to be hitting this again/still:

A quick search seems to indicate that the max allowed connections in mySql is related to the amount of RAM the DB server has so that may need to be increased. Also, here is a link to a page that discusses how to change the mySql setting to increase the default setting for the max number of connections.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/22297773/how-to-increase-mysql-connectionsmax-connections

Finally, if resolving this requires higher costs for Candlekeep, please let me know. I would gladly chip in to cover the cost.

"Iriaebor is a fine city. So what if you can have violence between merchant groups break out at any moment. Not every city can offer dinner AND a show."

My FR writeups - http://www.mediafire.com/folder/um3liz6tqsf5n/Documents
Go to Top of Page

cpthero2
Great Reader

USA
2285 Posts

Posted - 25 May 2022 :  19:00:16  Show Profile  Visit cpthero2's Homepage Send cpthero2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Master Alaundo,

I myself have been experiencing this as of today, as well. I have been experiencing errors while attempting to use the search function. The error I get is as follows:

Active Server Pages error 'ASP 0113'

Script timed out

/search.asp

The maximum amount of time for a script to execute was exceeded. You can change this limit by specifying a new value for the property Server.ScriptTimeout or by changing the value in the IIS administration tools.

Best regards,

Higher Atlar
Spirit Soaring
Go to Top of Page

TheIriaeban
Master of Realmslore

USA
1289 Posts

Posted - 25 May 2022 :  22:00:47  Show Profile Send TheIriaeban a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I just got the same one by clicking on Active Topics:

Active Server Pages error 'ASP 0113'

Script timed out

/active.asp

The maximum amount of time for a script to execute was exceeded. You can change this limit by specifying a new value for the property Server.ScriptTimeout or by changing the value in the IIS administration tools.

"Iriaebor is a fine city. So what if you can have violence between merchant groups break out at any moment. Not every city can offer dinner AND a show."

My FR writeups - http://www.mediafire.com/folder/um3liz6tqsf5n/Documents
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 26 May 2022 :  00:01:27  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yeah, it's been rough. Big Al is aware.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 26 May 2022 :  12:18:28  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met

Apologies for the inconvenience this issue is causing. I've been looking at this from a number of angles with a couple of resolutions in the short and long term.

The web host has Candlekeep hosted on a shared platform, thus the buffer settings cannot be amended. I've attempted some code changes to address this, but to no avail. Next steps are to switch servers and perform some migration steps, so will inform on how that progresses in due course.

Thanks for the offer of assistance, our costs have risen on the years and one option if the above does not help, is to take additional steps which would be more costly.

Apologies again and hope you can all bear with us whilst this annoying issue is hopefully rectified.

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly