Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Cormyr-Night Below
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Azymarandyr
Acolyte

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 16 Dec 2021 :  05:37:23  Show Profile Send Azymarandyr a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Game year 1372DR month of Mortal, Cormyr

Hello! So I have decided to run a updated and modified "Night Below". I have decided to place Haranshire in Cormyr,northeast of the Hullack, just above the Wailing Fog. The party have come from all over and accepted an adventuring charter. I've planned on them getting to know the folks of the region, do jobs and drop hints of strange occurances. I've used clerics of Cyric along with some thugs from Zhentil keep after the exile. I've given the blue goblin tribe a larger focus, in that they want to trade with the locals. I thought this night setup some future kingdom building ideas.
I've decided that the kidnappings will stop after they arrive in the area and word gets around about this party of "outsiders" start asking questions. I'm having Haranshire being a poor piece of land, with superstitious folk, a garrison of Purple Dragons keep watch.
Just curious how this sounds. I've made lots of lore connections I can use to fill out character spotlights. Any ideas that may fit the area in this current year? It's always good to see from. Different angle.

The Masked Mage
Great Reader

USA
2420 Posts

Posted - 16 Dec 2021 :  07:50:24  Show Profile Send The Masked Mage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Pretty much anything from Night below fits into FR directly without changing it. As for location, there is not much detail of that region for the underdark, so you are fine, though one would expect Thaalud, phaerimm and their minions, and beholders to be a problem thereabouts.

The hardest fit into the realms is the Rockseers, which I put on the opposite side of the mountains, in the caverns near Lake Sember to give them a connection to the elves of old.
Go to Top of Page

Azymarandyr
Acolyte

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 17 Dec 2021 :  02:51:47  Show Profile Send Azymarandyr a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I had considered using Star elves or perhaps some other "rare" native race. Perhaps Star elves. I'm using Eldaerneth Spellstalker as a nemesis against the party, so I can include some vampiric elements along with the Eldeth Veluuthra. Thoughts?
Go to Top of Page

The Masked Mage
Great Reader

USA
2420 Posts

Posted - 17 Dec 2021 :  09:53:20  Show Profile Send The Masked Mage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think that's fine, but it seems like you are throwing too many balls in the air at once... A Night Below is already VERY full. Adding other villains and sub-plots might mess things up for you.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000