Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Cartography Questions
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Divinity
Seeker

USA
53 Posts

Posted - 15 Dec 2021 :  22:11:08  Show Profile  Visit Divinity's Homepage Send Divinity a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Alright, with my new map, I'm actually coming up with some questions that I thought I should have solved on my previous map - I guess not though. To start, my map is 3/3.5, however, I do take into account changes in lore that have become so mainstream as to almost force them to be canon, as well as 4e or 5e lore that would likely be true for 3e, yet it just hadn't been created or detailed yet.

My first question - which I've posed to Ed, but I'll put it here too: What's the route of the path between Silverymoon and Everlund? The Silver Marches says the road twists and winds through the Nether Mountain's cliffs which puts it on the east side of the river which matches with Everlund's gate, however, many maps say the road to Everlund leaves Silverymoon's 'new' southern gate which is on the western, forest side. Does the trail cross the river just south of Silverymoon?

Second question... uh... What side of River Redrun is Sundabar on? Early maps put it on the west, but 3e era maps seem to put it on the eastern side. To compound this... Everlund's Upriver Road exits the city on the south side, yet the path to Sundabar (and the towns along it) is on the north side of the river. It also says this path crosses the river at Rauvincross. So, I want to assume this...

https://postimg.cc/xNPXVH2c

...is correct for 3e between Everlund and Sundabar? (minus the trail having to cross to the south bank somewhere before getting to Everlund)

- Craig Vincent
My Faerūn Continent Map

TheIriaeban
Master of Realmslore

USA
1289 Posts

Posted - 16 Dec 2021 :  14:32:14  Show Profile Send TheIriaeban a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have a non-answer answer for the river question: both the early and later maps are correct. Rivers flood and upon occasion shift their channels because of that. So, by the later maps having the river in a different location (probably by accident), they created a canon event of a river that changed it's channel in recent history. You can read more about river channel shifts here:

https://www.regimeshifts.org/item/403-river-channel-position

"Iriaebor is a fine city. So what if you can have violence between merchant groups break out at any moment. Not every city can offer dinner AND a show."

My FR writeups - http://www.mediafire.com/folder/um3liz6tqsf5n/Documents

Edited by - TheIriaeban on 16 Dec 2021 14:34:33
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000