Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Magister
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

The Masked Mage
Great Reader

USA
2420 Posts

Posted - 01 Nov 2021 :  09:10:24  Show Profile Send The Masked Mage a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Has there been any update on the Magister since Talatha Vaerovree?

The Masked Mage
Great Reader

USA
2420 Posts

Posted - 01 Nov 2021 :  10:34:57  Show Profile Send The Masked Mage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It occurs to me that question was not altogether clear. What I mean is: have any of the 4th or 5th edition sources named a new Magister since in 1385 or so Talatha died in Many Murders of Manshoon?
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11686 Posts

Posted - 01 Nov 2021 :  11:26:07  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Masked Mage

It occurs to me that question was not altogether clear. What I mean is: have any of the 4th or 5th edition sources named a new Magister since in 1385 or so Talatha died in Many Murders of Manshoon?

With Mystra dead and Azuth gone, I don't believe it has happened. There was the "Chosen" of Azuth in the brimstone angels novels... but I THINK he died... could be wrong.

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

Zeromaru X
Great Reader

Colombia
2441 Posts

Posted - 01 Nov 2021 :  15:47:02  Show Profile Send Zeromaru X a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yeah, he died to bring Azuth back.

Instead of seeking change, you prefer a void, merciless abyss of a world...
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6641 Posts

Posted - 02 Nov 2021 :  12:56:30  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ed has recently advised on Twitter that with the return of Azuth there is a new Magister but he was unable to provide more information due to those dreaded NDAs.

— George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Delnyn
Senior Scribe

USA
883 Posts

Posted - 11 Nov 2021 :  22:57:34  Show Profile Send Delnyn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
With Mystra 3.0 and Azuth 2.0, I presume the duties and selection of Post-Sundering Magisters will be radically different from before the Spellplague.
Go to Top of Page

LordofBones
Master of Realmslore

1477 Posts

Posted - 13 Nov 2021 :  23:41:29  Show Profile Send LordofBones a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It would be hilarious if the new magister is the archetypal grumpy old mega-paranoid wizard who never leaves his tower, mostly because he's seen what's happened to his predecessors.

Magister: "One of the poor schmucks you stuck with this job was killed by a shovel to the noggin', and the other had the Simbul try to off him just because she didn't like him. You two are absolutely nuts if you think I'm stepping a toe out of this tower, considering the employee benefits this career doesn't have."

Azuth: "Forsooth, mortal-"

Magister: "You spent a century as the Dark Lord's loofah-on-a-stick. Are you really going to lecture me on safety?"

Edited by - LordofBones on 13 Nov 2021 23:44:43
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000