Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Celestial and methods of angelic ascension
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

EricMinde
Seeker

Canada
97 Posts

Posted - 05 Oct 2021 :  01:53:22  Show Profile Send EricMinde a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
How does angel rank work?

I know a bit about the ranks starting with the three Deva types, Planetars and Solars.

A Monadic Diva can eventually become an Astral Diva, which I think turns into a Planetar and then if one of the 24 Solars ever falls, would be replaced by a Planetar...maybe?

I think I need to contact a sage here and see how this works.

"When you understand the impossible, it changes to improbable and that means there's a chance!"

~Baroth Quagmire, built an orphanage, grew a castle in his friends home, the home did not survive the birth. Died three times and fought his way out of hell. Only player I've ever seen roll three 1% in a row.

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 05 Oct 2021 :  03:03:22  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A lot of that comes from Planescape lore. I'm not an expert on that kinda stuff myself, but I know that's the place to start looking.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Marc
Senior Scribe

657 Posts

Posted - 11 Oct 2021 :  21:44:00  Show Profile Send Marc a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It goes light - agathinon - movanic deva - monadic deva - astral deva - planetar - solar

there's some rules for it in Warriors of Heaven, not really good

24 is a too low for a number of solars in the multiverse, should be thousands at least

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 12 Oct 2021 :  01:53:37  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Marc

It goes light - agathinon - movanic deva - monadic deva - astral deva - planetar - solar

there's some rules for it in Warriors of Heaven, not really good

24 is a too low for a number of solars in the multiverse, should be thousands at least

Maybe it's 24 per layer of the Prime? (Going with my theory of the Prime being infinite layers, of course)

Go to Top of Page

cpthero2
Great Reader

USA
2285 Posts

Posted - 12 Oct 2021 :  08:28:27  Show Profile  Visit cpthero2's Homepage Send cpthero2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Master Rupert,

quote:
Maybe it's 24 per layer of the Prime? (Going with my theory of the Prime being infinite layers, of course)

I tend to agree with you here. The amount of work that would be on the plates of just (24) Solar would be insane. I think your example makes a lot of sense.

Best regards,

Higher Atlar
Spirit Soaring
Go to Top of Page

Marc
Senior Scribe

657 Posts

Posted - 12 Oct 2021 :  18:52:01  Show Profile Send Marc a Private Message  Reply with Quote
24 per solar (inhabited) system, personally I'd go something closer to that, not that there's any rules for it

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 12 Oct 2021 :  20:44:30  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

24 per solar (inhabited) system, personally I'd go something closer to that, not that there's any rules for it

That's pretty much my spin. My theory is that each crystal sphere -- which is one solar system -- is it's own layer of the Prime.

Go to Top of Page

Marc
Senior Scribe

657 Posts

Posted - 13 Oct 2021 :  18:38:14  Show Profile Send Marc a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It could be, there are also crystal spheres like Penunmbra's that have millions of stars

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 13 Oct 2021 :  19:11:07  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

It could be, there are also crystal spheres like Penunmbra's that have millions of stars

A lot of crystal spheres have millions of stars... But it's uncommon that those stars are actually burning balls of gas. In Realmspace, for example, the stars are portals to the quasi-elemental plane of Radiance.

I've not deeply perused my Spelljammer material recently, but I do not recall mention of any spheres that contain more than one solar system.

Part of the design objective, with the setting, was to be able to explain things like Krynn's disappearing constellations, without having these things affect other worlds. So, one solar system per sphere, isolating everything, and allowing for all sorts of localized shenanigans.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000