Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Deconstructing an artifact for revision.
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

EricMinde
Seeker

Canada
97 Posts

Posted - 27 Sep 2021 :  23:48:32  Show Profile Send EricMinde a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Considering the world of forgotten realms has changed significantly over the last 150 in game years (or there abouts) I felt it was time to deep dive into the packed boxes and dig out what I could and update it for 5e.

My NPCs staff was based off the Rod of Seven parts and is quite clearly an artifact

I could really benefit from some input on how to update this to really fit within the new world 5e while still maintaining its original theme.

https://imgur.com/a/hPesQdC <-Imgur Photo of the original first piece.

(Sorry if I'm not allowed to link)

"When you understand the impossible, it changes to improbable and that means there's a chance!"

~Baroth Quagmire, built an orphanage, grew a castle in his friends home, the home did not survive the birth. Died three times and fought his way out of hell. Only player I've ever seen roll three 1% in a row.

Edited by - EricMinde on 28 Sep 2021 03:19:57

Gelcur
Senior Scribe

502 Posts

Posted - 30 Sep 2021 :  20:18:13  Show Profile  Visit Gelcur's Homepage Send Gelcur a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm not sure how much updating it needs? I've converted lots of 5E things into 3.5E with no issue. The Rod of Seven Parts is fully detailed in the Arms and Equipment Guide in 3E should be simple enough to convert over to 5E I'm guessing. What parts do not work in 5E rules or 5E Realms? I know some magic and how the gods interacted with the common folk changed but figure an artifact can make exceptions to rules.

The party come to a town befallen by hysteria

Rogue: So what's in the general store?
DM: What are you looking for?
Rogue: Whatevers in the store.
DM: Like what?
Rogue: Everything.
DM: There is a lot of stuff.
Rogue: Is there a cart outside?
DM: (rolls) Yes.
Rogue: We'll take it all, we may need it for the greater good.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000