Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Bloodline related spell?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11691 Posts

Posted - 15 Sep 2021 :  18:07:12  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Just curious.... my thoughts on hags having hagspawn in another topic got me thinking about the "blood link" between child and parent. Has anyone ever noted any particular spells that exploit this link? I mean in any way (i.e. using a blood link to use one person to track another via divination, using a blood link to assault someone else, etc....).

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 15 Sep 2021 :  18:49:05  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Lot of that stuff in the Dresden Files... Nothing that I'm immediately recalling from D&D, though.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

TBeholder
Great Reader

2382 Posts

Posted - 15 Sep 2021 :  19:34:45  Show Profile Send TBeholder a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Usually the adventurers are assumed to hatch from Adventurer Eggs.
Even in Ye Olden Times when they were assumed to try and become landed nobility.
So probably no mechanics beyond the Birthright stuff.

People never wonder How the world goes round -Helloween
And even I make no pretense Of having more than common sense -R.W.Wood
It's not good, Eric. It's a gazebo. -Ed Whitchurch
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11691 Posts

Posted - 15 Sep 2021 :  21:06:14  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TBeholder

Even in Ye Olden Times when they were assumed to try and become landed nobility.

Lol, yep, and no NPC's (especially villains) ever have ANY relatives, wives, and/or children.

However, birthright is an interesting idea. Wouldn't have thought of that. Never really delved that world much.

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas

Edited by - sleyvas on 15 Sep 2021 21:07:37
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 15 Sep 2021 :  21:44:08  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There might be something in the Book of Vile Darkness, but I don't know. I didn't bother to replace that one after the fire, because even when I had it, I didn't have much use for it.

If there is anything official, though, on such things, I would expect it to be there.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Eldacar
Senior Scribe

438 Posts

Posted - 15 Sep 2021 :  21:58:17  Show Profile Send Eldacar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TBeholder

It’s very simple. If you don’t have family, the DM can’t mess with your family to stop you from adventuring by taking hostages! Or interrupt your butchery and amassing of wealth comparable to sovereign nations. This also may or may not be why so many adventurers seem to have the “destroyed hometown and no family left” background. If they are of a particularly devilish bent, perhaps they destroyed their hometowns themselves!

"The Wild Mages I have met exhibit a startling disregard for common sense, and are often meddling with powers far beyond their own control." ~Volo
"Not unlike a certain travelogue author with whom I am unfortunately acquainted." ~Elminster
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000