Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 GenCon Online 2021
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

TheIriaeban
Master of Realmslore

USA
1289 Posts

Posted - 28 Aug 2021 :  00:45:57  Show Profile Send TheIriaeban a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I am digging through the events and I haven't found ones like we had last year. Does anyone know if there are going to be events with Ed, Steven, Eric, George, Tom, etc?

"Iriaebor is a fine city. So what if you can have violence between merchant groups break out at any moment. Not every city can offer dinner AND a show."

My FR writeups - http://www.mediafire.com/folder/um3liz6tqsf5n/Documents

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 28 Aug 2021 :  05:49:00  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have not heard anything, myself. Not that I would be in the loop, but still, I'd expect a mention or tease or something, if there were plans.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6645 Posts

Posted - 29 Aug 2021 :  03:23:49  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I haven't been contacted re any seminar or presentation.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

TheIriaeban
Master of Realmslore

USA
1289 Posts

Posted - 29 Aug 2021 :  15:57:33  Show Profile Send TheIriaeban a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, I guess I will pass on it this year then. I didn't see anything that really interested me.

"Iriaebor is a fine city. So what if you can have violence between merchant groups break out at any moment. Not every city can offer dinner AND a show."

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 29 Aug 2021 :  17:15:40  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TheIriaeban

Well, I guess I will pass on it this year then. I didn't see anything that really interested me.

Yeah, online participation for me was entirely dependent on whether there was going to be a Candlekeep thing.

I did buy the physical pass for GenCon Online, though -- it'll make a nifty bookmark!

Go to Top of Page

Thuumhammer
Acolyte

Canada
19 Posts

Posted - 31 Aug 2021 :  07:05:19  Show Profile Send Thuumhammer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That's too bad, hopefully next year!

Currently living in a version of 1372DR that operates under 5e mechanics. Strange indeed!
Go to Top of Page

Garen Thal
Master of Realmslore

USA
1105 Posts

Posted - 11 Sep 2021 :  06:48:23  Show Profile  Visit Garen Thal's Homepage Send Garen Thal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I know it's awfully close (within a week), but stay tuned over the next day or two for information about some things we're putting together for next weekend!
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6645 Posts

Posted - 12 Sep 2021 :  01:46:03  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Garen Thal

I know it's awfully close (within a week), but stay tuned over the next day or two for information about some things we're putting together for next weekend!

Which is something I have heard about.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Garen Thal
Master of Realmslore

USA
1105 Posts

Posted - 13 Sep 2021 :  19:52:43  Show Profile  Visit Garen Thal's Homepage Send Garen Thal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Save the dates, folks. We've got some exciting things coming up this weekend!

First, on Friday night, Ed and the gang will get together to talk all things Forgotten Realms. There's no specific area we'll be addressing this time around, and no subject is too arcane or obscure for us to make up answers on the fly and pretend like it's long-hidden Realmslore!

Then, on Saturday night at 8 pm ET/7 pm CT/6 pm MT/5 pm PT (and 1 am Sunday in London, 9:30 am Sunday morning for our friends in Adelaide), to coincide with Gen Con Online, we'll be holding our annual Candlekeep Presents seminar. Things will be a bit modified this year, but join us for a lively discussion about the Realms! Details are available at https://gencon.com/events/201011, with more info coming shortly.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 13 Sep 2021 :  21:27:37  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

First, on Friday night, Ed and the gang will get together to talk all things Forgotten Realms. There's no specific area we'll be addressing this time around, and no subject is too arcane or obscure for us to make up answers on the fly and pretend like it's long-hidden Realmslore!

Is this also on Twitch? At what time?

quote:

Then, on Saturday night at 8 pm ET/7 pm CT/6 pm MT/5 pm PT (and 1 am Sunday in London, 9:30 am Sunday morning for our friends in Adelaide), to coincide with Gen Con Online, we'll be holding our annual Candlekeep Presents seminar. Things will be a bit modified this year, but join us for a lively discussion about the Realms! Details are available at https://gencon.com/events/201011, with more info coming shortly.

Got my ticket!

Go to Top of Page

TheIriaeban
Master of Realmslore

USA
1289 Posts

Posted - 13 Sep 2021 :  21:37:26  Show Profile Send TheIriaeban a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Where is the Friday night gang stuff at? I have already grabbed a ticket to the GenCon event.

Go to Top of Page

Garen Thal
Master of Realmslore

USA
1105 Posts

Posted - 14 Sep 2021 :  01:27:40  Show Profile  Visit Garen Thal's Homepage Send Garen Thal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Friday night's festivities will take place at https://twitch.tv/magesandsagespodcast . I believe shooting for an 8 pm ET start time, but will confirm.
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11693 Posts

Posted - 14 Sep 2021 :  15:46:24  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Hey, few quick questions

Never used twitch. Do I need to install anything prior?

Second, if the floor is open, and don't feel obligated to answer, but let me throw out this topic because its something I'm considering at this moment. If the very magical realms had an isolated city that was very much like "Las Vegas"... i.e. its remote, relatively small, has to import most of its goods from elsewhere, its decadent beyond belief... and contained within a mile radius area.... WHAT are some ideas that pop in your head about what this place might include? If one were to say it were also to mix in "Beauxbatons Academy of Magic" from Harry Potter with a seedier element as well?

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

CorellonsDevout
Great Reader

USA
2708 Posts

Posted - 16 Sep 2021 :  02:49:52  Show Profile Send CorellonsDevout a Private Message  Reply with Quote
@Sleyvas: no, no installation required. You'll just need to set up an account (which is free). It's kind of like YouTube in that you can subscribe to various channels.

Sweet water and light laughter
Go to Top of Page

CorellonsDevout
Great Reader

USA
2708 Posts

Posted - 16 Sep 2021 :  02:52:05  Show Profile Send CorellonsDevout a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I also have a question: will these videos be available to view later? I probably won't be able to make it to the stream.

Go to Top of Page

Gelcur
Senior Scribe

502 Posts

Posted - 16 Sep 2021 :  18:44:10  Show Profile  Visit Gelcur's Homepage Send Gelcur a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Anyway someone could ask Ed about the sea and air currents of the Trackless Sea, link. I'm going to try to make it assuming I can figure out Twitch. Thanks.

The party come to a town befallen by hysteria

Rogue: So what's in the general store?
DM: What are you looking for?
Rogue: Whatevers in the store.
DM: Like what?
Rogue: Everything.
DM: There is a lot of stuff.
Rogue: Is there a cart outside?
DM: (rolls) Yes.
Rogue: We'll take it all, we may need it for the greater good.

Edited by - Gelcur on 17 Sep 2021 13:40:47
Go to Top of Page

deserk
Learned Scribe

Norway
237 Posts

Posted - 16 Sep 2021 :  22:21:00  Show Profile Send deserk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Due to my time zone I doubt I'll be able to make it, but I'll definitely watch it later.

If you guys need any questions, then I got a few.

Have there been any cyclops realms in the history of FR? If so could you share some details?

Does Semphar exist in Ed's Realms? And if so, what is it like in contrast to the published version (which is essentially the Khwarazmian Empire)?

What is the Chondathan word/title for lord (i.e. Lord Eles Wianar) and baron (i.e. Baron Aldorn Thuragar) and king? I'm also curious if to know if there is a reason why Eles Wianar hasn't crowned himself as king?
Go to Top of Page

CorellonsDevout
Great Reader

USA
2708 Posts

Posted - 16 Sep 2021 :  22:34:40  Show Profile Send CorellonsDevout a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If you're taking questions, then I have one as well:

Ed said on Twitter that reincarnation among elves is rare, due to the strong pull of Arvandor (despite the changes made in MToF). Yet even in Demihuman Deities, it said that elves believe in reincarnation, though it is implied as being more of a choice, rather than it being forced on them, like MToF implied. I'm just wondering if Ed could elaborate a bit on his Twitter comment. How common is reincarnation among the elves, or do most choose to remain in Arvandor? Is this due to the fact they have "spirits" instead of "souls"?

Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6645 Posts

Posted - 17 Sep 2021 :  16:04:38  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by deserk

What is the Chondathan word/title for lord (i.e. Lord Eles Wianar) and baron (i.e. Baron Aldorn Thuragar) and king? I'm also curious if to know if there is a reason why Eles Wianar hasn't crowned himself as king?

Ed has given as the Chondathan words for lord ("aro"), baron ("taen") and king ("astrel") in his 2006 thread here at the Keep (p.65).

-- George Krashos

Go to Top of Page

deserk
Learned Scribe

Norway
237 Posts

Posted - 17 Sep 2021 :  17:55:48  Show Profile Send deserk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

Ed has given as the Chondathan words for lord ("aro"), baron ("taen") and king ("astrel") in his 2006 thread here at the Keep (p.65).

-- George Krashos

Thanks, George

Edited by - deserk on 17 Sep 2021 17:56:11
Go to Top of Page

Gelcur
Senior Scribe

502 Posts

Posted - 18 Sep 2021 :  02:04:08  Show Profile  Visit Gelcur's Homepage Send Gelcur a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So I'm new to Twitch, I showed up late, but did the video feed cut out 18 minutes in? This is Friday night.

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 18 Sep 2021 :  03:37:50  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Gelcur

So I'm new to Twitch, I showed up late, but did the video feed cut out 18 minutes in? This is Friday night.

Yeah, they were having some serious technical issues, and never managed to get it back online.

Since Krash was involved, and he's Down Under, I blame drop bears.

Go to Top of Page

Garen Thal
Master of Realmslore

USA
1105 Posts

Posted - 18 Sep 2021 :  21:47:00  Show Profile  Visit Garen Thal's Homepage Send Garen Thal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Huge apologies to everyone; I thought I'd posted the update here, but it seems I forgot.

Candlekeep Presents is taking place two hours earlier, and 6 p.m. Eastern Time U.S., on a new channel: twitch.tv/GenConTV

I hope folks have seen the announcements elsewhere, or are following this thread. Again, so sorry not to update sooner!
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6645 Posts

Posted - 19 Sep 2021 :  15:26:51  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:

Yeah, they were having some serious technical issues, and never managed to get it back online.

It was Floridian flying gators that got tangled in the internets that caused all the problems. We went right on chatting and hope to have the segment out on YouTube soon, but apologise for the tech issues.

-- George Krashos

Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11693 Posts

Posted - 19 Sep 2021 :  16:32:15  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:

It was Floridian flying gators that got tangled in the internets that caused all the problems. We went right on chatting and hope to have the segment out on YouTube soon, but apologise for the tech issues.

-- George Krashos

THAT'S WHERE SANTA GETS THEM FROM!!!!!

https://gatheringbooks.org/2011/12/24/cajun-night-before-christmas-by-james-rice/

Wait..... Ed looks a lot like.... and it was flying gators that were a problem with a realms presentation..... It's true... It's true... There is a Santa Claus, Virginia!!

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas

Edited by - sleyvas on 19 Sep 2021 16:35:34
Go to Top of Page

lordsknight185
Seeker

USA
99 Posts

Posted - 20 Sep 2021 :  17:42:50  Show Profile Send lordsknight185 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

-- George Krashos

I hope not to overwhelm but what YouTube channel should I be looking for and expecting this video to upload to?
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6645 Posts

Posted - 21 Sep 2021 :  01:38:29  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Mages and Sages YouTube channel.

-- George Krashos

Go to Top of Page

Gelcur
Senior Scribe

502 Posts

Posted - 21 Sep 2021 :  23:45:23  Show Profile  Visit Gelcur's Homepage Send Gelcur a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Are either of these videos posted yet?

Go to Top of Page

Eilserus
Master of Realmslore

USA
1446 Posts

Posted - 23 Sep 2021 :  19:18:38  Show Profile Send Eilserus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Is the Candlekeep Presents video available anywhere to watch? I can't seem to find that one. :(
Go to Top of Page

Garen Thal
Master of Realmslore

USA
1105 Posts

Posted - 26 Sep 2021 :  02:01:02  Show Profile  Visit Garen Thal's Homepage Send Garen Thal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Eilserus

Is the Candlekeep Presents video available anywhere to watch? I can't seem to find that one. :(
There is some editing that has to happen to make it watchable, and a confirmation as to where we are going to house it, but we'll share a link as soon as there is one!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000