Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Abandoned town of Essembra
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

univoxs
Acolyte

1 Posts

Posted - 17 Aug 2021 :  23:02:33  Show Profile  Visit univoxs's Homepage Send univoxs a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I've been working out an adventure using the fact that Essembra in Battledale was abandoned before the more recent destruction of Myth Drannor. I've come up with some logical conclusions given how the destruction of both Myth Drannor and Orduilin would effect the area on top of Cormyr backing away from dealing with the Dalelands, at least directly. It seems to me that all around, the Dales would be more poor because of less trade and more on their own, for better or for worse.

I have decided dropping a city on another city, even miles away, would have caused debris to rain on the area damaging the buildings in Essembra. I have already populated the abandoned Essembra with denizens of all sorts but was wondering if there is a source anywhere for what, if any, sort of lasting effect having chunks of Myth Drannor and Thulanthar laying around would have, or what sort of creepy crawlies could be mucking about in direct relation.

I'm not as well versed in the realms so some of the answers to these questions could be obvious.

Kelcimer
Learned Scribe

USA
136 Posts

Posted - 27 Aug 2021 :  05:21:58  Show Profile Send Kelcimer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What year are you setting this?

Why should the Dales become poorer?
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11695 Posts

Posted - 27 Aug 2021 :  13:50:26  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
just since you mention Essembra are you aware of the Sisterhood of Essembra?

https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/wiki/Sisterhood_of_Essembra#:~:text=The%20Sisterhood%20of%20Essembra%20was,the%20notorious%20song%20dragon%20Essembramaerytha.

and the song dragon for which it was named

https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/wiki/Essembramaerytha

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000