Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Djerad Thymar's famous dragonborns: type/breath?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Zeromaru X
Great Reader

Colombia
2441 Posts

Posted - 07 Sep 2021 :  04:41:47  Show Profile Send Zeromaru X a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Portuguese D. Ace

Yuuuup, i bookmarked it weeks ago and it's my go-to guide :D thank you for all the info you put into it.

Glad to help. If you need something, just ask

Instead of seeking change, you prefer a void, merciless abyss of a world...
Go to Top of Page

Zeromaru X
Great Reader

Colombia
2441 Posts

Posted - 14 Sep 2021 :  05:44:55  Show Profile Send Zeromaru X a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sleyvas

Oh, good point on the Bridges and stairs on the inside of the pyramid between balconies I'd imagine there may be balconies around the central pillar as well that the outside balconies might attach to making a veritable "web" on the interior of this thing. That could be fun.

Hey, sleyvas. I was wondering if you did worked in that model of Djerad Thymar. Just curiosity, nothing more.

Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11686 Posts

Posted - 14 Sep 2021 :  15:49:58  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Zeromaru X

quote:
Originally posted by sleyvas

Oh, good point on the Bridges and stairs on the inside of the pyramid between balconies I'd imagine there may be balconies around the central pillar as well that the outside balconies might attach to making a veritable "web" on the interior of this thing. That could be fun.

Hey, sleyvas. I was wondering if you did worked in that model of Djerad Thymar. Just curiosity, nothing more.

Got sidetracked playing MTG Arena and actually doing another city (you'll see the pictures in another thread... floating enclave in space). I was thinking about this yesterday though as I worked on that city (sometimes I play through the "how" to do things for a while before doing them). I may try to revist it tonight.

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

Zeromaru X
Great Reader

Colombia
2441 Posts

Posted - 14 Sep 2021 :  16:19:49  Show Profile Send Zeromaru X a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Don't worry. I was just curoius,

Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11686 Posts

Posted - 14 Sep 2021 :  21:23:02  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Don't worry. I was just curoius,

Went ahead and boolean'd out the bottom of the pyramid and then stuck in several crossing "stairs" (total of 8) that hit at various points of the pyramid in addition to making the spires taller so that they also interacted with various points. Gave it twelve "floors", each roughly 30 feet tall (so each may actually be two floors). I was going to make some balconies out of cubes and just hollow out the centers, but honestly, not sure if it would make it look any better. Took some screenshots of the general idea.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/11ZLQ871Jdq6Xm-4cPUD8hMXfcvOs0ZxA/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1EGL0nmkvwFmSsK8KrLez__abp7vtFPj1/view?usp=sharing

Phillip aka Sleyvas

Edited by - sleyvas on 14 Sep 2021 21:24:03
Go to Top of Page

Zeromaru X
Great Reader

Colombia
2441 Posts

Posted - 15 Sep 2021 :  00:03:53  Show Profile Send Zeromaru X a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you so much for sharing this. You know, I was having problems imagining the interior of the City Bastion. This is really helpful and will aid my campaign so much.

Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11686 Posts

Posted - 15 Sep 2021 :  12:27:11  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Thank you so much for sharing this. You know, I was having problems imagining the interior of the City Bastion. This is really helpful and will aid my campaign so much.

No problem. It's made me figure out that doing a boolean with complex shapes has been my problem in the past. I also wish blender were better at displaying the graphics, but I find that when I start layering things, sometimes if you turn the angle wrong you see through things to what's beneath and things go bad quick. It's why some things I like coloring in blender... and other things its just easier to export the 3d object and paint it in paint3d (microsoft's free 3d paint program). Big cities, unfortunately I'm confined to doing it in blender until I find something better.

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

Zeromaru X
Great Reader

Colombia
2441 Posts

Posted - 22 Sep 2021 :  21:50:49  Show Profile Send Zeromaru X a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey, sleyvas. I don't know if this is much to ask, but can you add an scenery background to the city? Like, the Smoking Mountains in the background and some farms around the city. It would really useful for inspiration purposes.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000