Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Goldenight
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Tigon
Acolyte

USA
47 Posts

Posted - 09 Aug 2021 :  01:50:28  Show Profile Send Tigon a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
So I really went all in with Fey Day, and Fleetswake. Now we're approaching Goldenight and I want to do this again but I'm encountering writer's block. I've had Madame Zanzini and her theater down the alley as major players in the theater as she's always looking for a character to get into and I've got advertisements up all over Waterdeep of her, for one night only, staring in 'AU' with and I plan to touch on the story of the aurumvorax getting lose from old xoblob's shop more than a century before, and of course it being something akin to black friday, but with Waterdhavians painting themselves in gold. I'm tempted to make it a bit... Hedonistic. Something like, anything you want to do or buy it's available on Goldenight, for a price: normal things may be discounted, rare things may be more easily available, and forbidden or nearly non-existent things may be available, but for a steep price.

I'm also using Residents of Trollskull Alley (an AWESOME supplement on DMsGuild that really helps flesh out the rest of the Alley) which has a theater down the alley run by Mistofer Carlowe aka Madame Zanzinni, who's a drag queen. I commissioned an old friend who has been active in the drag community here locally, and also dabbles in fantasy art, do renditions of him as essentially the realms version of Ru Paul. The party had already begun fixing up Trollskull and put a high priority on getting it ready to use Fey Day as their grand opening. Madame Zanzinni came down the alley with a parade of performers all decked out in Fey inspired attire. The party hired an up and comming bard, Erystian Demarne (Jarlaxle), to perform and with the veil between the feywild and the material plane at its thinnest I allowed the party's gnome wizards' magic (Minor Illusion) to be slightly more powerful for flavor purposes during their grand opening (he made one larger than normal while Erystain was performing and I allowed one to have audio as well as visual aspects when he made illusory fireworks, I was clear it was only because of the day and the player knew/agreed it was only for theatrical purposes). It was really a spectacle.

I really like the playing up the market aspect of it. Might have a mysterious merchant be found that has amazing items that are far out of their budget (for now) but tells them how to find him in the future, which of course would be an adventure hook for after they wrap up Dragon Heist.

The party Drow (Trickery domain cleric serving Vhaeraun) has ties to the Dark Daggers and the party has dug a tunnel from their cellar into the sewers of Waterdeep for the purpose of smuggling. A fact that their ally Jarlaxle is quite interested in leveraging at some point in the future. So I may tie one or both of them in with bringing in some choice warez to peddle. Waukeen, being intimately familiar with illicit trade as well as legitimate commerce did after all, smuggle herself back to the Outlands by way of the Astral plane and then through the lower planes by making deals, calling in favors, and bribery.

I definitely need another Zanzini performance though, which I think will touch on, as i said before the aurumvorax gating out of Undermountain through Old Xoblob's in 1367 DR. And I kind of want to play up the painting of oneself in gold as an kind of hedonistic/erotic indulgence with like... virtually anything being available, including carnal desires, for a price. The campaign does not at all deal with anything sexual in nature so these things will be suggested and inferred, and any PCs wishing to indulge in any of that it will just be a "And you find a room and i'll come back to you when everyone wakes up in the morning."

Im still just looking for a big climactic centerpiece event for the night that i feel like im missing. Anyone have any ideas on how to make Goldenight really glitter in their memories?
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000