Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 When Alias first meets Elminster...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Seravin
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1265 Posts

Posted - 12 Jul 2021 :  18:55:59  Show Profile Send Seravin a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Did he know she was a construct and that Finder made her like he did Flattery?

I assume so, but the dialogue seems to make it out like he didn't know her origin at the time and found out after they met and he investigated (he clearly knows all by the end of the novel).

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 13 Jul 2021 :  00:24:47  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think he suspected, enough to prompt him to look further into the matter.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Seravin
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1265 Posts

Posted - 13 Jul 2021 :  22:00:43  Show Profile Send Seravin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I need to ask Jeff Grubb this question...I think you're right Wooly and while he didn't know for sure, he knew that Finder had at least tutored her from his exile.
I wonder why the Harpers/Elminster didn't realize that Cassana had freed Nameless from his exile prison? You would think there'd be some sort of monitoring spell. Or if they did know, why they didn't do anything?

Do you think Nameless could watch the Realms from his prison? Or was he hundreds of years out of date? And if so, how did he give Alias memories that are from just a few years ago?

I have so many questions.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 13 Jul 2021 :  23:02:49  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Seravin

I need to ask Jeff Grubb this question...I think you're right Wooly and while he didn't know for sure, he knew that Finder had at least tutored her from his exile.
I wonder why the Harpers/Elminster didn't realize that Cassana had freed Nameless from his exile prison? You would think there'd be some sort of monitoring spell. Or if they did know, why they didn't do anything?

Two possible answers:

1) The Harpers were arrogant, and figured they'd wiped all mention of Finder from the Realms -- so who would even know he existed, to come looking for him?

2) They did have monitoring spells -- but between the magical talents of Cassana and Zrie Prakis, and whatever Moander could do, and whatever Phalse brought to the table -- all this was enough to overcome/spoof those monitoring spells.

quote:
Originally posted by Seravin

Do you think Nameless could watch the Realms from his prison? Or was he hundreds of years out of date? And if so, how did he give Alias memories that are from just a few years ago?

I have so many questions.

I'm pretty sure it said he was able to scry on the Realms.

I kinda suspect that while Alias was being built, Finder may have had a degree of freedom, and spent some time walking around.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Seravin
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1265 Posts

Posted - 13 Jul 2021 :  23:38:27  Show Profile Send Seravin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wonder how he knew all about the Swanmays (the all female adventuring group that broke up over a man). He probably scry'd them (pervert!).
Honestly, a novel of their adventures sounds amazing in the 1350s around the Dalelands and Moonsea and Cormyr. Particularly if it's Alias' version of it so she's in the stories.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000