Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 DM's Guild
 DM's Guild Recommendations: Flavour
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Cyrano
Acolyte

United Kingdom
25 Posts

Posted - 10 Jun 2021 :  13:18:35  Show Profile Send Cyrano a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I'm hoping the wise members here can help me out with some recommendations for the otherwise unmanageably vast library of products on DM's Guild.

I'm most interested not in rules, mechanics and player options, but flavour. Those old 2nd edition books that get into real detail about what Cormyr's like to visit or who the Harpers are.

If anyone can recommend some highlights that scratch that particular itch, I'd be grateful. Even outside the Forgotten Realms! If there's a lovely, lorey flavoursome DM's Guild guide to Sigil or Eberron's Last War, I'm very much in the market.

HighOne
Learned Scribe

214 Posts

Posted - 10 Jun 2021 :  15:55:05  Show Profile Send HighOne a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Are you mostly looking for old TSR/Wizards products or 3rd-party stuff?
Go to Top of Page

Cyrano
Acolyte

United Kingdom
25 Posts

Posted - 10 Jun 2021 :  16:35:46  Show Profile Send Cyrano a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Good question! It's new, third party stuff I'm looking for! I've got all the old Realms stuff I can eat.
Go to Top of Page

HighOne
Learned Scribe

214 Posts

Posted - 10 Jun 2021 :  16:57:21  Show Profile Send HighOne a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The first thing that comes to mind is Jergal: Lord of the End of Everything, written by two noted Realmslore scholars, Eric L Boyd and George Krashos. https://www.dmsguild.com/product/346895/Jergal-Lord-of-the-End-of-Everything

And if you like that, then browse the "Customers Who Bought this Title also Purchased" for other selections.
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11686 Posts

Posted - 10 Jun 2021 :  18:52:11  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You might be interested in Seethyr's stuff on the continents to the west (Anchorome, Maztica, Lopango). The bundle has a TON of products in it.

https://www.dmsguild.com/product/280958/Maztica-Alive-BUNDLE

https://www.dmsguild.com/product/174537/TWC2-Lopango--Land-of-the-Sacred-Sun?src=by_author_of_product

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

keftiu
Senior Scribe

656 Posts

Posted - 10 Jun 2021 :  19:39:29  Show Profile Send keftiu a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Exploring Eberron is a massive lore expansion by the setting’s creator, finally detailing a ton of stuff WotC never got to and setting the record straight on some stuff with religion. I’m also going to shamelessly shill my own Blessed of The Traveler, a guide to transgender characters and culture in Eberron.

4e fangirl. Here to queer up the Realms.
Go to Top of Page

Cyrano
Acolyte

United Kingdom
25 Posts

Posted - 21 Jun 2021 :  11:30:02  Show Profile Send Cyrano a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the recommendations, scholars!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000