Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Bloodstone and Ironfell - Crystals of the Galenas
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11691 Posts

Posted - 14 May 2021 :  20:36:46  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Something I noted a long time back and I don't THINK I've said anything about just popped in my head again. I figured I'd just bring it up and see if it sparks any ideas.

The Bloodstone Lands - The area is known for powerful healers (in 2e lore, wizards here could heal), worship of Ilmater, and for powerful necromancy (to note, Zhengyi, the cult of Orcus, and the worshippers of Kiaransalee... plus I think there were some hints of Kyuss temple or somesuch buried in the ice near Mulmaster or somesuch in some of the 4e living forgotten realms or whatever you call it)

Bloodstone - this greenish stone with "blood like flecks" is mined in the bloodstone lands and is a great source of its wealth.

Ironfell - mined from the body of Telos the Primordial and is a crystal that can be worked somewhat like iron.

What if this land is filled with dead primordials or somesuch? What if the mountains and the large number of giants in the area have some relation to this?

Just a thought. Note, I'm not saying that this IS the case... I'm asking, what might be done with it, and might it be fun to use?

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas

Edited by - sleyvas on 14 May 2021 20:45:26

Ayrik
Great Reader

Canada
7968 Posts

Posted - 16 May 2021 :  00:14:30  Show Profile Send Ayrik a Private Message  Reply with Quote
King's Tears are gemstones which contain images or scenes, apparently memories. We assume these were somehow experienced and imprinted onto these gemstones from their previous owners. And we assume - since these gemstones are found in deep-mined deposits - that these previous owners lived in times so ancient that they've been erased by nature and forgotten by history.

But we could speculate that these "memories" might show moments of prophecy from events yet to come. Perhaps they show the perceptions of a person "fated" to carry them towards these moments?

Or they might show moments of history from worlds older than the Realms, worlds long gone, now "recycled" into the stuff of the Realms through endless cycles of the planes and the cosmos.

Remember that the Prime Material was itself, in some older models, considered one of the Inner Planes, a mixture of "elements" constantly churning new forms and new combinations. And there have always been Primordial entities (along with remnants and relics of Primordial entities), alike and unalike from those explained in 4E - so it seems reasonable to expect there have also always been remnants and relics of Primordial worlds as well. Flaws and subtleties in the raw materials which tell of their previous usage.

And then we have other complications. Like time travel and alternate/parallel primes, etc. If you allow alternate worlds then you also allow alternate futures ... and you allow alternate pasts. A world could have all sorts of deep-buried artifacts from altered pasts which didn't "really" happen within local historical worldlines. Time travel (and all the other cheats with teleporting, planeswalking, spelljamming, etc) can explain all sorts of inexplicable temporal paradoxes and pollutions.

Along with that whole mess involving Abeir-Toril becoming Abeir and Toril rubberbanding big chunks back and forth. There's going to be all sorts of strange mixings when worlds collide and chunks of worlds splash into each other. In our own world these sorts of mixings produce telltales visible in the chemistry and physics of buried layers. In the Realms these telltales might also contain magical indicators which span time and space and reality in ways our boring linear physics can't explain.

[/Ayrik]

Edited by - Ayrik on 16 May 2021 00:29:56
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000