Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 DMsGuild Races of the Adusgi Forest and Surroundin
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11700 Posts

Posted - 11 Mar 2021 :  19:49:40  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I created a new DM's Guild offering. Its meant to work with Seethyr's stuff for Anchorome, and we had kind of discussed some of the ideas over on Candlekeep of what races should be there. Some are just adaptations from older edition FR races. None of it is playtested, but its Pay what you Want, so I'm not looking to make a whole lot on it. I just wanted to share the ideas. The races are for different styles of play (i.e. got kids, some of these I think kids would like... others are aimed at older players).

Races of the Adusgi Forest and Surrounding Environs

A Supplement for Northeastern Anchorome

This product includes the following races

The Anikiwah - a race of tauric elk folk who fit in in forest, arctic and plains environments and which live in tune with nature. Unlike the earlier version of D&D Hybsil, these beings are size medium and are not fey.

Centaur - two racial variants of centaur, one medium and one large, are provided. Many of these centaur cultures came from and revere the great spirits of Anchorome. However, some of these centaurs came from Faerun, a larger breed, specifically from the country of Thay. Most of these have since left their old culture behind and joined the native population, but some continue to express more western values.

Ee'na'li - A small and playful fox bottomed race of storytellers and adventure seekers who have been labeled foxiytaurs by many other cultures

Frost Sprite - A tiny race of cold dwelling fairies with power over frost which has split its own race into two groups along the lines of good and evil.

Kercpa - A tiny race of forest dwelling squirrel folk who work to protect the trees and nature spirits in the world around them. Heroic and Brave, despite their tiny size, these wonderful little creatures are a joy to play for players of any age.

Pyre Giant - A rather unusual breed of verbeeg who have awakened ties within themselves long ago to fire, these lanky, humanlike giants are often seen with small companions seemingly made entirely of fire that take on the form of small foxes, dragons, hummingbirds, and other animals. Most are savage killers who do not waste a kill, but some seek to discover more about the many cultures around them.

Raucumi - A relatively young race that resulted from some gnomes fleeing their homeworld and being aided by their gods as they traversed the spirit world to Anchorome. They have been around several generations, but the gnome elders that they live among can still recall when their kin were changed into humanoid racoon and badger folk in order to rescue them.

Shatjan - a race of humanoids with legs and heads of caribou and moose who are sometimes changed into more powerful versions by their deities in order to become protectors of the wild herds of reindeer, elk, antelope, and moose that roam throughout Anchorome. These nomadic folk travel the world seeking mates amongst dryads, anikiwah, and deerwomen due to their females only being fertile a portion of the year.

Uldra - An extremly small race of fey with two subraces. One is found in arctic areas and has skin of a pale blue or even white coloration and has powers of cold. The other is blue or light green skinned and found in mostly wooded areas, where their skills in stealth and ability to make friends keep them protected. These extremely emotional creatures are protectors of animals, and more often than not are found in the company of some small beast.

Urskan - The bearfolk come in four major subraces that can be described as two different types. The first is almost indistinguishable from a normal bear, except that it is often wearing armor, though even this truism isn't always true. The second type are more anthropoidal, walking upright and using tools. Some believe it is this second type that descended into the underdark to eventually become the "deepbears" known as quaggoths.

Finally, this product includes a map that shows the Adusgi Forest and surrounding environs. While some references have been made in the product to some of the locations on this map, this has been set aside for future development. This map is built on the excellent work of a fellow DM's Guild contributor, Theodore Hild, who produced many products for Anchorome, and is intended to supplement that work, but is not necessary to do so.

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas

Seethyr
Master of Realmslore

USA
1151 Posts

Posted - 11 Mar 2021 :  21:44:10  Show Profile  Visit Seethyr's Homepage Send Seethyr a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This is really awesome and chock full of cool races. I’m reading my way through the pdf now.

Follow the Maztica (Aztec/Maya) and Anchorome (Indigenous North America) Campaigns on DMsGuild!

The Maztica Campaign
The Anchorome Campaign
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000