Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Liar's Night ?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11695 Posts

Posted - 08 Mar 2021 :  17:20:43  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
So, as I was just talking in another thread, I'm TOTALLY not involved with the adventurer's league, but I've seen some of their stuff. I just saw something I found cute, and it must be related to gaming during Halloween. They were calling it Liar's Night.

The reason why it caught my attention was that they were relating this special night to Leira and Mask... two deities that I've honestly felt could have some interesting relationship that mortals don't quite know about, and it revolves around things involving Cyric, etc... but mainly I picture the two as on again/off again lovers.

I was curious, does anyone have anything regarding "Liar's Night" other than that its related to them doing Halloween adventuring? I'd really like to make this a real THING in the realms. I may make it a part of the returning realms from Abeir, since both gods disappeared.

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas

Rils
Learned Scribe

USA
108 Posts

Posted - 08 Mar 2021 :  19:11:32  Show Profile Send Rils a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't know that there is much background lore on this, I believe it was a thing initiated by the AL as fun Halloween-related event. Starting in 2018, I think? The idea is a Fall holiday centered on illusion and tricky and candy. There's special modules and events and prizes. You collect points for participating in the events, and then you can trade them in for boons and magic items to "The Kernel", a unique human-sized cranium rat. A quick internet search will point you to the available documents. I think there's some fun flavor and fluff in the adventures, including a fairly lengthy module in 2019, but not any really deep "lore" with a long and sordid history.

BUT, that certainly doesn't stop you from making it a real thing in your game! As a player, I'd love it!

Dugmaren Brightmantle is my homey.
Go to Top of Page

The Arcanamach
Master of Realmslore

1842 Posts

Posted - 08 Mar 2021 :  19:31:58  Show Profile Send The Arcanamach a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It appears to be a thing in the Realms. It seems to be part of the Waterdeep: Dragon Heist adventure.

https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/wiki/Liar%27s_Night

I have a dream that one day, all game worlds will exist as one.

Edited by - The Arcanamach on 08 Mar 2021 19:35:19
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11695 Posts

Posted - 08 Mar 2021 :  20:18:22  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Arcanamach

It appears to be a thing in the Realms. It seems to be part of the Waterdeep: Dragon Heist adventure.

https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/wiki/Liar%27s_Night

Thank you, I should have looked on the wiki or googled, but I figured it wouldn't be there. Shame on me. That being said, so then it IS a tradition, and it has been in Faerun, so having it imported elsewhere that those gods might be might make sense.

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000