Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 "Scarlet Witch"
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Qilintha
Seeker

76 Posts

Posted - 04 Mar 2021 :  14:45:28  Show Profile Send Qilintha a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
This topic is just about speculations, few days ago amazing Ed released a very interesting tweet about one of Alaundo's prophecies 1491: Year of the Scarlet Witch

"The hidden lore reason behind Alaundo giving 1491 that name has yet to come to public attention, but it's up to the good folks at Wizards to reveal it. If I was a hinting man, I'd direct you to a realm that has "witches," and a ...realm that has a ruling class that dresses in scarlet. But as I'm not a hinting man, I won't. ;}"

In Realms years we're about two years away but I am not keeping any hopes up that WoTC will actually do anything with it sooo...let's speculate. Does it hint a Rashemeni witch from Halruaa defecting and becoming a Zulkir in Thay? Let's hear your thoughts from the many creative people here :)

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 04 Mar 2021 :  15:28:43  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Qilintha

Does it hint a Rashemeni witch from Halruaa defecting and becoming a Zulkir in Thay? Let's hear your thoughts from the many creative people here :)

Could be the other way -- a Thayan defecting to Rashemen.

Or the revelation that a member of one group is a spy planted by the other.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Lord Karsus
Great Reader

USA
3736 Posts

Posted - 05 Mar 2021 :  01:07:07  Show Profile Send Lord Karsus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
-Based on what I am hearing from the internet, 2021 is the year of the Scarlet Witch

(A Tri-Partite Arcanist Who Has Forgotten More Than Most Will Ever Know)

Elves of Faerūn
Vol I- The Elves of Faerūn
Vol. III- Spells of the Elves
Vol. VI- Mechanical Compendium
Go to Top of Page

varyar
Seeker

95 Posts

Posted - 05 Mar 2021 :  15:57:26  Show Profile Send varyar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm wondering where an MCU Scarlet Witch-esque character might be from in Faerun. What's a country that's "had a rough history. It's nowhere special, but it's on the way to everywhere special"?
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 05 Mar 2021 :  18:37:44  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by varyar

I'm wondering where an MCU Scarlet Witch-esque character might be from in Faerun. What's a country that's "had a rough history. It's nowhere special, but it's on the way to everywhere special"?

It depends on the timeframe and exactly what portion of the Realms you want to use, really... But I like Thesk, for this description. It's been invaded multiple times, and it's between the Heartlands and Kara-Tur, on the Golden Way.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000