Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Beta Reading My "FR" Novel
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Scimitars of Drizzt
Seeker

Canada
77 Posts

Posted - 04 Mar 2021 :  02:10:22  Show Profile Send Scimitars of Drizzt a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I have written a novel that takes place in Faerun. I have used Greenwood’s world as a canvas, but my plan is to carefully edit the story, and warp it into a world of my own. Of course, it will be very similar to Faerun, but enough changes will be made to avoid infringing any copyright.

It’s not fan fiction, but rather just a book. I think it reads similarly to FR fiction, but it’s more character driven, and has a different style, I think. There is still a driving plot-line, and it’s fairly fast-paced, but my main focus was on characters.

Frankly, I’m hoping to take advantage of the demand for FR fiction, and appeal to readers on this forum. The book works as a stand alone, but I’m planning to make it a trilogy. I’ve been drafting for almost two weeks, and though I’m sure I could improve it slightly, I’m ready for it to be critiqued. I'm aware there are some technical errors, but I will eventually hire an editor. I’m hoping to get about five or six beta readers, and currently I’ve gotten two. I've had one reader online finish it, and enjoy the book (yes, that was me trying to make it more appealing, lol).

I don’t expect many people to be interested, but frankly, it is hard to find readers. I only have one friend who also reads FR fiction, but understandably, he’s too busy to read it through. I really think this community is my best bet.

I can’t really offer anything in return, other than a copy of the book once it’s finished, and my immense gratitude. If anyone is interested in taking a stab at the book, I would be very grateful. I'm just looking for general feedback, but I will outline a few specifics. If you PM me your email, I will send you a link that grants you access to the document, on google docs. It’s about 117,000 words, which is about the same size as your standard FR novel, but a little longer (The Crystal Shard is estimated at 104,690). Even if you don’t get around to finishing it, I won’t blame you. If you're interested, then you can send me a PM.

Thanks,

Kyle.

"Surrender now, or we will slay you!" the leader of the creatures called, a bit louder and more forcefully.
"A moment, please, my friend," Zasian said, motioning to the dwarf for patience. "We are discussing your terms."

"Ye heading off with Invo . . . Inno . . . that durned elf?"

Edited by - Scimitars of Drizzt on 04 Mar 2021 02:13:22
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000