Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Epic Deaths Realms Style
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

gylippus
Seeker

67 Posts

Posted - 16 Feb 2021 :  22:50:01  Show Profile Send gylippus a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I decided to start this thread to discuss character deaths, specifically, awesome ways to die. I will get this party started.

Death: Shield of Innocence
Book: War in Tethyr

The entire book you are not really sure if Shield of Innocence, an Orog, is actually a paladin or not. He acts like a paladin, he has a holy symbol of Torm, but he never uses any specific paladin powers.

At the end of the book he single handedly takes on Armenides, some sort of demon. It looks as if Armenides slays him, although Shield does quite a bit of damage. Then, Shield crawls down the hallway and finds Stillwater, his mute ranger friend, who has been pierced by many arrows and stabbed through the heart. He cradles his head in his lap and prays to Torm. His prayer is answered by none other than Ao himself, who has heard him through Torm. He grants his wish to resurrect Stillwater from the dead. After that, Shield crawls down the hallway again and manages to stand up by sheer willpower and leaps off of a ledge, grabbing Armenides the demon sweeping him into a pit of lava.

Bam! Epic death.

Later, Queen Zaranda creates The Loyal Order of Innocents, a knightly order with about 70 members dedicated to Torm.

Now, as I mentioned in the other thread, the book as a whole has some issues but I still enjoy it for its characters, and of course, the epic death.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000