Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Stormwatch castle
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Lord of Rodly Might
Acolyte

USA
7 Posts

Posted - 20 Jan 2021 :  04:55:17  Show Profile Send Lord of Rodly Might a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hello everyone I’m completely new to the forum and would very much like some help already. I know I know the new guy asking for help already what a pain but here goes anyway.

I’m running a 3.5 game for my sons and their friends because oh they want to see the old addition… Anyway making a long story short I’m trying to find information on stormwatch castle because I’m Making an adventure Manshoon and Zhentarium heavy, as they are in the Moonsea/Dales area. I can’t seem to find out any information on stormwatch castle anywhere. Does anybody have any information be it official or even on official. Thanks in advance

Brimstone
Great Reader

USA
3286 Posts

Posted - 20 Jan 2021 :  08:08:32  Show Profile Send Brimstone a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What is your source of this Location? I don't think I have ever heard of it before?

"These things also I have observed: that knowledge of our world is
to be nurtured like a precious flower, for it is the most precious
thing we have. Wherefore guard the word written and heed
words unwritten and set them down ere they fade . . . Learn
then, well, the arts of reading, writing, and listening true, and they
will lead you to the greatest art of all: understanding."
Alaundo of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6645 Posts

Posted - 20 Jan 2021 :  10:52:58  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There's a villa in Waterdeep called Stormwatch but I've never heard of Stormwatch Castle.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Brimstone
Great Reader

USA
3286 Posts

Posted - 20 Jan 2021 :  13:42:25  Show Profile Send Brimstone a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

There's a villa in Waterdeep called Stormwatch but I've never heard of Stormwatch Castle.

-- George Krashos

That is what kept coming up on my Google Searches.

"These things also I have observed: that knowledge of our world is
to be nurtured like a precious flower, for it is the most precious
thing we have. Wherefore guard the word written and heed
words unwritten and set them down ere they fade . . . Learn
then, well, the arts of reading, writing, and listening true, and they
will lead you to the greatest art of all: understanding."
Alaundo of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

TheIriaeban
Master of Realmslore

USA
1289 Posts

Posted - 20 Jan 2021 :  14:53:57  Show Profile Send TheIriaeban a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It is in the FRCS (4e) on page 284. The first paragraph is:

"Stormwatch
Manshoon’s lair stands between Westgate and the ruins of Starmantle, not far from an old road that once connected the two cities. Known to most merely as a haunted castle from which none return, the stronghold is appointed as befits its decadent immortal lord, and deep within are his personal chambers and sepulcher. Manshoon keeps a small force of living Zhents here, but his undead servitors outnumber the living."

Edit: It is also mentioned on page 20 of MT Black's DMsGuild product Darkhold: Secrets of the Zhentarim.

"Iriaebor is a fine city. So what if you can have violence between merchant groups break out at any moment. Not every city can offer dinner AND a show."

My FR writeups - http://www.mediafire.com/folder/um3liz6tqsf5n/Documents

Edited by - TheIriaeban on 20 Jan 2021 15:01:06
Go to Top of Page

Lord of Rodly Might
Acolyte

USA
7 Posts

Posted - 20 Jan 2021 :  19:11:38  Show Profile Send Lord of Rodly Might a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I was on the forgotten realms fandom page looking up manshoon And it said that around the year 1434, I think, was when he and his vampires from Westgate settled in that stormwatch the haunted castle

Rory
Go to Top of Page

Lord of Rodly Might
Acolyte

USA
7 Posts

Posted - 20 Jan 2021 :  19:16:36  Show Profile Send Lord of Rodly Might a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I found the information on the forgotten realms fandom page for stormwatch, the haunted castle. But that’s all they had on it.

Thank you so much I don’t have any of the 4E books so I wouldn’t have known to look for it there. Not exactly sure why MT DM’s guild is do you have a link for that?

Rory
Go to Top of Page

Lord of Rodly Might
Acolyte

USA
7 Posts

Posted - 20 Jan 2021 :  19:20:54  Show Profile Send Lord of Rodly Might a Private Message  Reply with Quote
OK I found out what the DM’s guild was so thank you on that as well. This is all new to me I’ve been a player and DM for a good long while but haven’t played or DM since the early 2000s

Rory
Go to Top of Page

TheIriaeban
Master of Realmslore

USA
1289 Posts

Posted - 21 Jan 2021 :  00:58:48  Show Profile Send TheIriaeban a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It is only a mention in the Secrets of the Zhentarim. It is the FRCS that has a bit more information including the vamp Manshoon's 4e stats.

"Iriaebor is a fine city. So what if you can have violence between merchant groups break out at any moment. Not every city can offer dinner AND a show."

My FR writeups - http://www.mediafire.com/folder/um3liz6tqsf5n/Documents
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000