Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Ideas for physical characteristics of a race
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11686 Posts

Posted - 11 Jan 2021 :  15:26:48  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I've been thinking about the ideas I've had going for Shatjan (i.e. deer/moose headed beings like a minotaur), and one thing I've been playing with has been that the males can mate with several different races (they can mate with female shatjan who are in heat, with hybsil, with a deer version of centaur that's very humanlike in face, and they can mate with dryads). It occurred to me that possibly I should even more encourage the mating with other races for males besides the part where their females must be in heat. I was thinking, what if females born of their kind are really rare (like 10% of the population).

So, then I though "what if all their females actually possess some latent magical ability and its expressed in them looking different and lacking physical antlers?". So, I was thinking for instance, maybe giving them a few options for a pair of cantrips that they might have instead of a head butt, and having corresponding physical attributes.

For instance... having minor illusion and light cantrip...
They have illusory blue horns and when they use their light cantrip their horns glow
They have a glowing nose
They have a white patterning of their fur around their eyes that makes a design like a sun

If they have druidcraft and thorn whip...
they have "antlers" but they're literally vines with flowers and they're nowhere near hard.

If they have shape water and ray of frost...
They have antlers made of liquid water that's always moving

The idea is to give them one "less useful" cantrip and one "more useful" cantrip

Any other ideas come to mind?

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000